prologue

7 deadly sins
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A man in a trench coat walked pass me in a rush holding a pocket watch in his time, like the scene from Alice in wonderland. Sure enough, he dropped the pocket watch when he tried to put it in his pocket.

 

I smirked and picked it up, following the man. Was I gonna return it out of kindness? Pshh naaah. I wanna go In to wonderland. And if that man doesn’t pop into a weird looking hole I’m throwing this thing away.

 

As I followed him, the street got darker and narrower. Was I scared? No. I was excited, thrilled. I kept following him until he disappeared from my sight in to a corner.

 

“Huh where is he?”

 

Suddenly, I felt a cold shiver on my back. I turned around and there’s no one there. Only a pitch black of nothingness. I was starting to get crept out, which is a new feeling for me. I didn’t know how to respond to these new emotions so I just stood still shivering.

 

“H- hello?”

 

When I called out, a pair of eyes appeared shining through the darkness of the alley. Stepping out into the light was a man with red eyes and a pair of bunny ears on his head.

 

 

He smiled, as if he had planned the whole thing. Which he could probably have. My heart pounded, the feeling of fear kept enlarging, but also the feeling excitement kept growing as well.

 

“I believe you have something of mine” he said, pointing towards the pocket watch that I was holding.

 

“Ah, oh, yes. Here you go” I handed the pocket watch to him, and the moment our hands touched everything wet spiral. Literally spiral. I was in to a vortex.

 

It was all so quick I didn’t even have time to react. My vision got blurry and I fell out of concious.

 

The next thing I know when I woke up, my face was wet. Well only my cheeks. I opened my eyes to see a cute little guy with cat ears and yellow eyes my face.

 

 

“Huh? What are you doing! Stop!” I said, backing up from the strange guy.

 

“Oh! You’re awake! Goody goody!”

 

He climbed up my thighs and puts his head wayyy too close to my face.

 

“Come on come on!” he said, pulling my neck tie.

 

I didn’t know what else to do, this surely wasn’t earth. Nor was it wonderland. The sky was a dark shade of purple and navy, there were no stars, only a full moon was seen on the sky. It was like a normal city, except, everything was.. different.

 

There were buildings, but all of em had weird writings that I couldn’t decipher what it read, nor what language was it in. The street lights were normal, except they had a blueish fire floating in it, it almost looks like a fox fire. The ones on animes. The people on the street looks normal.. no I lied. There were nothing normal about it. They had horns, some had tails, some had the head of an animal and some were just.. bones, the others who look human have a unique character to them, I saw one person had long hair and the corner of reached her ears.

 

It was terrifying, but exciting. Though, there’s one thing that I’m confused about. I’m human, these people are most certainly NOT human. Aren’t I suppose to be interesting to watch or something? Like at least look at me and judge me or something. Why are they all turning their heads?

 

“Hey so this isn’t the human world is it?” I asked the little cat puling me by the neck.

 

“Gosh, what made you think that?” he said in an obvious sarcastic tone.

 

“so are you gonna cook me? Or take me to the dungeon or something?”

 

He didn’t respond, he only laughed. I’ve accepted my faith of probably becoming someone’s dinner tonight, but at least let me explore a little bit. My dull life has finally taken a turn, let me enjoy it for a bit.

 

We ran for what feels to be hours, and my legs were slowly giving up on me. But just when I was about to pass out he stopped, making me bump into him and fall.. while he didn’t even flinch.

 

Geez, he sure is strong for such a little guy.

 

I lay on the ground panting, whatd’ya expect? He took me on a run that lasted hours, I’m a human if you don’t remember.

 

It made me think, why were human born so helpless and weak? It’s kinda unfair. These creatures were gifted powers and strength. Not to mention a long life. While we.. the littlest thing could kill us. I felt pathetic.

 

“What? You’re tired already?” he said, laughing at me.

 

“Shut up, I’m a normal human”

 

“No ” he chuckled.

 

Geez, this tiny man was hitting all my weaknesses. If he weren’t so cute I’d have already bitten his precious little head off.

 

“Get up, we’re going in” he said, helping me up. I looked to where he was mentioning. It was a large castle like mansion with maroon porcelain walls and decorations that screams murder.

 

"And why would i do that?" i asked him. I mean does he really think i'm gullible enough to follow him wherever?

 

he turned his head around towards me and smirked, "Cause if you don't follow, your life ends here"

 

as cute as he was i knew better than to assume that he was only joking. This isn't earth after all, but even if this was earth those words are not something to be taken lightly. I still don't know what he is capable of. 

i followed him to the big mansion like castle, observing details of the mansion's decoration. No matter how much you look at it, it looks like something straight out of a fairy tale.. no, more like a nightmare.

Gargoyles on every tower (alive), bars on the tower windows, a weird looking contraption that can easily be used as a torture device and also, the classic skulls.

 

He opened the gate and we walked in together, I took a moment to look around. There were flowers everywhere, the garden was huge. I guess the owner must love flowers, well either that or they’re vampires. I heard a few rumours that vampires love to eat flowers sometimes. And honestly if they were vampires, i wouldn't be that surprise considering what i've seen so far.

 

As we reached the front door he knocked, using a unique beat in his knocks. As if it was a sign or some sort of secret code. Instantly, the door opened. I hesitated coming in because I didn’t feel like I was supposed to be there, but the little cat kept reassuring me and said it was okay.

 

Inside that mansion was full of luxury. Everything was gold and diamonds, pearls and crimsons. It was spectacular. My eyes got blinded by the sight of a chandelier made entirely out of blue diamonds.

 

Underneath those sparkling lights were a dinner table long enough to fit 20 people, yet there were only 9 seats.

Eight seats were placed in front of each other, while one seat was placed at the end by itself.

 

There was a portrait hanging on that beautiful crimson coloured walls. The portrait hold the image of 8 beautiful men.

 

 

“Woah” I cant stop staring at the portraits. They were beautiful. So elegant and fierce. They all have horns so I’m guessing they’re demons?

 

“Like what you see?”

 

A pair of arms suddenly wrapped itself on my shoulders. I turned back and pushed away out of surprise.

“Calm down my little kitty” he chuckled.

 

It was the one of the man on the portrait. He walked closer to me smirking. Shivers ran up my spine as my instincts were telling me to back the hell away.

 

As our distance became closer I got cornered on a wall, he placed his hands on the wall caging me between them.

 

“So, what brings a pretty little kitten like you here? Smelling so sweet like that I could just eat you right up” he said, he his lips and moved his face closer.

 

I tried my best to back away but it was no use.. I’m cornered already. All I could do was close my eyes and tried my best to look like I didn’t want it. Suddenly,..

 

“That’s enough, Heechul! You know how I get when you touch something of mine” another figure from the portrait came rushing out of no where.

 

He called the man in front of me Heechul, is that his name?

 

The man called Heechul laughed and raised his arms in the air, pledging surrender.

 

“Kidding, you really need to control that jealousy of yours Donghae” he laughed.

 

“Is that supposed to be a joke?” the man called Donghae answered, scrunching his face in dissatisfaction.

 

The man called Donghae who at first was 10 feet away from me suddenly was beside me already, hugging me as he pulled me away from the one called Heechul.

 

“Well, I guess we’ll have to continue our little game later, little kitten” he smirked as he brushed my chin with the tip of his finger.

 

“You really brought him here Donghae? Do you think a mere mortal will survive in this place?”

 

Another man appeared followed by the other 5.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter