You are worth the wait.

I'll Wait For You

tw// mentions of violence

 

 

After she won the Pulitzer and was promoted as the head of the investigative team at Daily Korea, the young journalist, Im Yoona, feels like there is something missing amidst of all the things that she accomplished.

 

Im Yoona feels like there is a hole in her heart that keeps on growing and no other things could mend it. 

 

However, things are beginning to make sense when her eyes caught on a photo taken by one of their photojournalist for an article that they were working on. It was a photo of a woman sitting on a bench and she looked very serene. 

 

That day, she asked for Seulgi to tell her about the photo and where she took it. Unfortunately, Seulgi was out of town and was working on another scoop but she promised to call her once she got time. 

 

Yoona stood at the balcony of her newly bought penthouse. She seems to have and achieve everything that she wanted but that's not the case. She haven't fulfilled her ultimate goal. 

 

It's been years since she left her hometown to study and work hard to be one of the country's reliable journalist. 

 

It's been years since she left her. 

 

The sole reason why she wants to be an established personality. The reason why she wasn't afraid to unveil the truth that the public needs to know. The reason why she's brave and determined to change the system one news at a time. 

 

Kwon Yuri. 

 

The woman who owns her heart. 

 

She wonders how Yuri's life had been through? It's been years. Bet she forgot her already. Bet Yuri forgot about the promise she made before she went to the city and disappeared in her life just like her. 

 

Yoona admits, her mind must have forgotten about the girl she vowed to return to but her heart didn't. It knows that there is something missing and her mind finally put the puzzle pieces together. 

 

She sipped from her whiskey as she look at the busy streets of Seoul beneath her. Minutes later, her phone rings, she grabbed the phone from the center table and pressed it. 

 

"Hello, Seul"

 

-----

 

"Why are you smiling, Yul?" Seo asked. 

 

"Huh? No I'm not" Yuri said. 

 

"Yul, I'm not blind" Seo urged. 

 

"Haha very funny" Yuri said. 

 

"So?" Seo asked. 

 

Yuri released a sigh. This girl won't stop until she gets an answer. 

 

"Nothing. I just feel like something good is going to happen today" Yuri said. 

 

"You trying to be mysterious now?" Some asked. 

 

"Did it work?" Yuri asked. 

 

"More practice" Seo said. 

 

"Whatever" Yuri said.

 

Their chitchat was interrupted by a knock on the door. Seohyun cleared and fixed her coat. Yuri just smiled and shook her head. 

 

"Yes, come in" Seo said in her professional voice. 

 

The door opened and a woman in scrubs was there. 

 

"Doc, someone from Daily Korea is here" the woman said. 

 

"Alright, tell them to come here" Doctor Seohyun said. 

 

"I'll be outside, Hyun" Yuri said and Seohyun nodded. 

 

Yuri stood up and a woman followed her. She sat on her usual spot at the hospital park near the playground. 

 

"Eomma!" A little girl shouted and ran towards Yuri. 

 

-----

 

"Good morning, Miss Im. It's a pleasure to meet you you in person" Doctor Seohyun said and shook hands with the journalist. 

 

"Good morning, doctor" Yoona said. 

 

Seohyun offered her a seat so they could talk comfortably. 

 

"Is there anything I can help you with?" The doctor asked. 

 

"I'm actually looking for someone and hoping that she's here" Yoona said

"It depends on who you are looking for. Is she a patient or an employee? Your relative perhaps or someone you need to interview?" Doctor Seohyun. 

 

"I'm not quite sure but she's really an important person for me" Yoona said carefully. 

 

"Well, Ms. Im, we are strictly following some Data Privacy Regulations and it covers our employees and especially our patients" Seohyun said. 

 

Im Yoona, an award winning journalist that is usually straightforward looks little and lost in front of the doctor. 

 

"Unless you have some paperwork-"

 

"Kwon Yuri" Yoona said. 

 

Seohyun looks at the journalist, her doe eyes is full of sadness and longing. 

 

"I'm looking for Kwon Yuri" 

 

-----

 

"Eomma?" 

 

"Yes, love?" Yuri asked. 

 

"When I grow up I want to be pretty like you" the little girl said.

 

"Of course you will, you're beautiful even now" Yuri said. 

 

"Just like Eomma?" Lily asked excitedly. 

 

Yuri's melodious laugh was heard and it also made the other patients and medical staffs in the vicinity smiled. 

 

"Am I really that pretty?" Yuri asked. 

 

"Yes eomma!" The little girl said. 

 

-----

 

"How did you know her?" Seohyun asked. 

 

"So, she's here?" 

 

"Miss Im" Seohyun called. 

 

"I need to see her" Yoona said. 

 

Seohyun released a sigh. She doesn't know how to tell it to the young journalist. 


"Why?" Soehyun asked.

 

"I am here to fulfill my promise. I know she waited for so long. And it all ends now, Doctor Seohyun. I'm going to take Yuri" Yoona said. 

 

Seohyun should've realized it sooner.

 

It was Yoona. The person that Yuri waited for everyday. The one who brings a smile to Yuri's face everyday Yeri read the news to her. The person who owns the older woman's heart, the reason why she can't open her heart to someone else. 

 

It was Yoona. 

 

One doesn't need sight to see the truth. 

 

"I'll allow you to see her, Miss Im, but she might not see and recognize you" the Doctor said. 

 

"What do you mean?" Yoona asked. 

 

"Yuri is blind, Miss Im" Seohyun said. 

 

Yoona was shocked hearing that piece of information. 

 

"She was a victim of domestic abuse, her live-in partner was an alcoholic, who beats her everytime he goes home drunk. They had a child, Lily, she's turning five soon" Seohyun told her. 

 

"Wait... What?" Yoona asked.

 

"When the Kwons filed bankruptcy, they fled and went to god knows where, living Yuri as a payment for their debt" Seohyun answered. 

 

Yoona felt enraged hearing that Yuri's family abandoned her. If only she remembered her sooner, she might have saved her from all the pain she experienced.

 

"Yuri had been through a lot, Miss Im" doctor Seohyun said.

 

"Where's that bastard?" Yoona asked.

 

Her voice is filled with venom. She just won't let it pass, she will make sure that the bastard pay the price. 

 

"Currently serving his sentence" Seohyun said. 

 

"I'll make sure that he'll rot in there" Yoona said. 

 

Silence enveloped them. The doctor was feeling a bit possessive but she knows she shouldn't be. However, she's the one who took Yuri and Lily in when no one wants to, she took care of the mother and daughter that she had grown to love. 

 

If she didn't know Yuri that well, she might feel a little selfish and tell Yoona that it would be best if she won't show herself to Yuri forever. 

 

On the other hand Yoona was having a battle with herself. Now that she's able to protect Yuri, is she going to just reenter the woman's life as if she didn't leave her waiting, unsure if she's going back? 

 

Is she still worth waiting for? 

 

Will Yuri accept her in her life again? 

 

Does Yuri still loves her? 

 

"She always sits at her spot in the park. Yeri is there, her guide and Lily should be there also" Seohyun said. 

 

"Thank you very much Doctor." Yoona said and stood up. 

 

"Miss Im" Seohyun called when Yoona's about to opened the door of her office. 

 

"Yes?"

 

"Take care of them. Both of them" doctor Seohyun said. 

 

"I will" Yoona said. 

 

-----

 

"Eomma?" Lily asked. 

 

"Yes, love?" She asked. 

 

"Is Doctor Seo your love also?" Lily asked innocently. 

 

"Huh? Why did you ask that?" Yuri asked her daughter chuckling at the question.

 

"Because I like her. She always takes care of me and you and she's helping you to see" Lily asked. 

 

"Hhmmm, Doctor Seo is Eomma's friend. She's a very nice person" Yuri answered. 

 

"Did I just get rejected?" Seo asked. 

 

The doctor personally accompanied the journalist to the park. 

 

"Doctor Seo!" Lily shouted excitedly and ran towards the doctor. 

 

"Hi there Lil!" Seo said. 

 

"Doc? Who's this pretty unnie? Is she a doctor too? Is she going to help eomma see?" Lily fired some questions. 

 

"Woah there, sweetie. One at a time, but first, do you want to have some snacks in the cafeteria?" Doctor Seo asked the little girl. 

 

"Yes!" Lily said. 

 

"Let's go, let's leave Eomma and her friend to talk" Seo said so she can give the two some privacy. 

 

"Uh, okay! Pretty unnie please take care of my eomma" Lily said and politely bows. 

 

"I will, don't worry" the pretty unnie said and patted the little girl's head.

 

Yuri's body stiffened when she heard that familiar sweet voice. 

 

"Yoona" she said softly.

 

"Yeri, you should come with us" Seohyun said. 

 

"Sure, doc" the young intern said and the three of them left. 

 

Yoona sat on the bench beside Yuri. Yoona doesn't know what to say. Yuri is blind, it's true. 

 

"I'm sorry" 

 

"I'm sorry" 

 

Both of them said at the same time. 

 

"Sorry if I can't see you, now" Yuri said. 

 

"No. You shouldn't be sorry. I am sorry. I made you wait for too long. I should have been there with you. I should have went back to you sooner. I should have saved you from all this, if only I came back for you early" Yoona said. 

 

She couldn't stop herself from crying. She saw Yuri's hand trying to hold her so she grabbed it. She's been wanting to touch the woman. To feel the warmth of Yuri's body. 

 

She carefully enclosed Yuri to her embrace and cry. It's been years and finally Yuri's in her arms again. Sam's this time when won't let her go. She'll take care of her, give her the love that she deserves. Even Lily, she'll take her in like her own daughter. They will be a happy family. 

 

"I'm sorry" Yoona cried.

 

"Don't be. You are worth the wait, Yoong" Yuri said. 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

I know that it's too short. I tried my best not to make it angst because I'm not good with that. Happy ending because It's my Birthday hahahahaha. hope you enjoyed reading even though it's short.