Sneak Peek

「 The Carol 」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

December, the most magical month out of twelve in the year, has arrived. Never ending falling snow, steamed up windows due the warm coming from the interiors colliding with the under zero temperature outdoors, houses being decorated with the glitteriest decorations and lighted up with colorful sparkly little lights, and of course, we must not forget, the tall Christmas tree excessively ornamented, —like every year—, placed in the living rooms next to the chimneys, recently cleaned in the wait of a certain someone.

 

The kids enjoying their holidays recess by running around the frosted streets with their friends doing children stuff, — from snowball fights to ‘who makes the best snowman in the neighborhood?’ —, filling the towns with youthful free and eager spirits; eager for that day to arrive, for Santa Claus to come by carrying his huge bag full of gifts and place some of them under their tree, have some milk and cookies prepared in a grateful act towards the middle age man who travels the whole world within a night, spreading happiness and fulfilling young mind’s wishes; the parents’ hearts warming up at the sight of the giddy giggles and dopey smiles of their children waking them up to announce, “Mom! Dad! Santa was here!”.

 

The festive music playing over and over in a constant loop on the radio. You’ll find yourself humming to some song that just got stuck in your head, or attempting a Mariah Carey performance that to your neighbors, it probably sounds more like dog howling. Christmas movies on the Tv, — from ‘How The Grinch Stole Christmas’ to a new Netflix production, like that Dolly Parton’s movie—, while you lay around on the couch all day with a warm blanket over you and a mug of hot choco or steamy coffee in your hands; maybe with a significant other next to you… Well, that was the situation that Jo Haseul was in at the moment.

 

I hear the Christmas melody

In every white street

My heart flutters for that day in December

 

An orange haired woman stirred awake but did not move an inch from her place. Between her girlfriend’s arms was always better and comfier to sleep in that her own bed, this day was no exception. She looked up and backed away a bit from Haseul’s, covered in the soft fabric of her green sweater, chest. The woman with shoulder length straight hair met her gaze with her sparkly eyes dripping with honey, which never failed to make Vivi’s cheeks slightly blush a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter