Meeting You

The Idol's Love Vol. 2

The rain isn’t coming down that hard, but it isn’t a soft drizzle either. She looks beautiful and sad as she stares at the sky, one hand held out to test the weather. Slowly he walks up to her, holding out his closed umbrella.

“Here, take this,” Jackson says to her.

She looks back at him, realizing that she’s not there by herself. Her eyes widen and then melt into her soft smile.

“Now, that’s okay. You need it more than me,” She smiles.

Her smile is bright, brighter than the weather, and it makes him smile too. “No, it’s okay. You can take it. Really,” Jackson says.

She leans a little closer and whispers to him. “And what if you caught a cold? You’d still perform and be miserable, and that’d make me miserable. Keep it, stay healthy.”

His heart drops a little as he realizes that she's a fan. Usually he loves seeing his fans, but sometimes he’s tired of having to act like an Idol and not just a normal person. But she smiles at him and it warms him up and he feels relieved.

“You’re probably busy, so you use the umbrella. I’m in no rush, and it’s not raining that bad. I’ll wait it out,” She says, looking back to the sky.

Her skin is a beautiful cocoa brown and her curly hair looks perfect up in her top bun. Jackson can’t help but stare at her like he was trying to memorize her. He knows he might not see her again, so he wants to say something to make her stay, but he doesn't know what to say. 

“... would you like to take a picture?” He asks. He sighs, shaking his head, but she still smiles at him.

“Sure,” she says. She reaches in her bag and takes out a compact Polaroid camera. 

Jackson gets closer to her and breathes in her scent. He’s happy with feeling the warmth of her skin close to his. He looks to the camera and smiles.

She counts down. “Hana, dul, set (1, 2, 3).”

 The camera clicks and when she brings it down, he stays close to her, pretending to look over at her shoulder at the picture. She shakes it and turns to him, so he has to step back.

“Here,” she says, handing him the picture. “You take this. The memory of this is more than enough for me. And then you don't have to worry about me posting it on social media or anything.”

“This is our last night here, so you could post it.”

“I don’t think JYP would like that, huh?” She laughs. 

Jackson just waves her away and tries to hand the picture back to her.

“Wait,” she says, pushing the picture back to him. “Let’s take another one, and I’ll keep one. You keep the other.”

He moves close to her again as she brings the camera up. She puts a peace sign up, and he makes a funny face. 

When the picture comes out and is developed, she giggles at the faces they made. He loves that sound.

“I’ll keep this one,” she laughs, looking over her shoulder at him. She puts her camera and the photo away and looks to the sky as it rains a little harder. 

“Last chance to take the umbrella,” Jackson says, not really wanting her to take it and leave. 

“It’s Louisiana,” She shrugs, “This is just the daily afternoon shower. It won’t last long.”

People open the door to walk out and they step apart to let them through. The people look up and smile at them. “‘Cuse us. Enjoy your night.”

She smiles back and says, “you too.”

Jackson watches her smile and tries to see if it’s the same smile she gave to him, earlier. He just met her, but he doesn’t want her to smile at them the way she smiles at him.

“Friends of yours?” He asks.

She looks at them and looks back to Jackson. “No. It’s just another Louisiana thing. We greet everyone. At least a ‘How you doin?’”.

“Did you… come here with someone?” He asks.

She looks at him, looks down, and then back up. “My lawyer was here not too long ago.”

“Legal troubles?”

“Divorce…”

They’re both quiet as they look at each other. She smiles, but it’s another sad one. “Just bringing me the finalized copy.”

“I’m sorry.”

She shakes her head, smiles, and clears . Her smile slowly falls, and he sees a tear right before she ducks her head.

“Hey Jackson!” JB runs up, slinging his arm over Jackson, almost knocking him down. JB smiles at his friend, but Jackson only has eyes for the girl across from him. 

She turns her back really quick and wipes a tear, sniffing. Then she turns back to them, smiling. “I think I’ll just run to my car. The rain is not that bad anymore.”

She lies. The rain is worse than when he first walked out there.

“Wait!” He holds her arm before she can jet off. “Let me sign the photo we took.”

JB looks at them both, wondering what’s going on. She pulls out the picture, handing it to him. And a marker. 

He quickly signs it, turns it over and writes something on the back. He hands it back to her, showing his number on the back, and they both smile at each other.

She bows. “Well… stay healthy and rest often. As a fan, thank you for all your hard work bringing us joy. Bye.”

Jackson watches as she runs through the rain and disappears out of sight.