Chick And Rabbit

Chick And Rabbit

As far as we believe that fate took part in defining the result of our decision, there will always be a point where we at least regret it a little, right? 

 

And Sooyoung has felt the said feeling for almost 7 years in total. Not because some situations didn't work the way she had expected it to, but because there is a desolation in her heart that still can't be filled after she left that woman.

 

She knew in the first place that if she wanted to accomplish the field she chose, there must be some things that needed to be forfeited.

 

 

And in this context, Joohyun, her ex-girlfriend, is included.

 

 

It's not like she's afraid that her relationship with Joohyun will hinder her from achieving what she had dreamed since forever. 

 

 

Well, okay. It's indeed a bit correct.

 

 

But if she's being honest, the real reason would be because she didn't want Joohyun to taste the tough criticism like her, since her profession basically is to fit in every eyes and ears' preferences of humans in the world as much as she can. And Sooyoung is fully aware that each person has their own inclination that is not always the same, so there will surely be some hatred if Sooyoung's face or voice doesn't match their yearning. 

 

Now, Sooyoung is no longer surprised when the large number of people that stand in line, waiting for their turn just to get her exclusive signature on the album they have bought plus indistinct chant from them, can't throw her loneliness away.

 

She doesn't even feel that 2 hours have passed since she arrived at this venue. Then when it is time to move to q&a juncture, a girl's voice in the back of the crowd pulls Sooyoung out of her trance.

 

"Unnie, you had said before that you chose chick and rabbit as your representative animal. Why? Why two?"

 

The question brings Sooyoung's mind back to the very first time she was offered by her agency which animals she would like to pick to symbolize her. 

 

Her eyes instinctively lay on the two baby girls dolls covered with chick and rabbit's clothes in her left hand. She is indeed smiling and it looks actual. But her eyes plainly display a tremendous miserable countenance; enough to make her fans start to worry.

 

"Maybe because I don't want the chick to feel lonesome. Or maybe I just like the rabbit that much till I unconsciously can't leave her behind(?) I don't really understand it either."

 

 

Her.

 

 

Perhaps people in front of her don't really get the code because of her worrying appearance.

 

And Sooyoung found herself reminiscing sweet moments that she had experienced with Joohyun a long time before she dropped the bomb. She remembered clearly how she gave the task of breaking their bond up for Joohyun, just so that Sooyoung could have something to be blamed later on.

 

 

Yes. She is cruel.

 

 

She is evil.

 

 

And it becomes the reason why she is questioning the universe for putting her love of her life in the middle of those audiences. 

 

Because when she is about to give her tranquilize smile to sooth her fans, a woman shielded by a black hat that Sooyoung supposes has been down since the beginning of the fansign, starts to raise her head slowly until Sooyoung can fully recognize who she is.

 

Then the next second is very unexpected. Without her realizing it, the dolls she had been holding before, already contacted the floor at the same time as her mic fell down and produced a loud, prick sound from the speaker.

 

But she is still there. 

 

With a pair of eyes still centralized on hers as if the sting noise that makes everyone in the room groan painfully, isn't loud enough to breach her eardrums. 

 

Then a familiar fright starts to creep up in Sooyoung's spine. Suddenly, her brain thinking of the fact that every decision she made until now had brought so much pain to many people around her. For the umpteenth time, the memories scared her to death. And now, with the presence of her bitter past sitting a few meters before her, the fear inside her is growing even bigger than she had experienced before.

 

 

Her eyes are shaking. 

 

Her hands are trembling. 

 

Her body is frozen.

 

 

Accompanied by overfull doubt and insecurities, her neck turns little by little to her side, just so she can see Seungwan, her manager, stare at her with soft, assuring eyes. 

 

And the next movements of Seungwan's mouth that form a simple sentence, succeed in dispelling every uneasiness in Sooyoung's heart.

 

"It's okay now. Everything's gonna be okay."  

 

 

And the emotion transformation is quite detectable in the light skin of Sooyoung's face. Everyone can tell that she clearly regained her faith. 

 

After she muster her composure, she shifts a little to pick up the mic beside her right foot.

 

"I'm sorry for what just happened."

 

Sooyoung's twinkling eyes scan around before settling itself back to the familiar dark orbs that are still glued to hers since the mess began.

 

"But I think I got it now."

 

 

It will always be Joohyun. 

 

 

No matter how abundant her attempt to push the latter away then runs as far as she can, the name that had carved in her heart will never change.

 

"Come here. Come to me."

 

That's all it takes for Joohyun to jump from her seat, then sprint to the stairs beside the stage where Sooyoung stands.

 

Without hesitation and paying attention to some envious glares, Joohyun kept running till she crashed her body into Sooyoung's with a couple of hands embracing her tiny figure afterwards.

 

"God! I miss you so much."

 

Hide her face in the crook of Sooyoung's neck, Joohyun can feel the longer arm tighten their hug.

 

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry."

 

Move back a little just so that she can look at the features she has always imagined would be the first beautiful view she saw when she woke up. Joohyun gently caresses one of Sooyoung's slightly chubby cheeks, then pulls it to give her a tender, loving kiss in her full, red lips.

 

"I love you, Park Sooyoung."

 

The one that makes Sooyoung caught off guard is the enthusiastic claps that come from her fans because of the scene she and Joohyun had shown off on the stage. 

 

Sooyoung is more understood now, the single reason that obstructs her from getting back to Joohyun is her own fear.

 

That acknowledgement is more than enough for Sooyoung to venture to make a new, fresh decision.

 

"I love you now and will always love you, Bae Joohyun."

~🐇🐥~

 

THIS IS IT!!

I DID IT!! I'VE DONE IT!!! 

😭😭