The Perfect Plan (Or So It Seems)

The Perfect Plan (Or So It Seems)

The seven members of the Korean boy group 'BTSYD' do a lot of fan service. Being touchy or playing around with each other, as if they're in a more than platonic relationship, is nothing special for them. Unfortunately, it's hard to tell if someone is gay or not, especially for the members self. 

 

Jeongguk found out about being homoual pretty early after meeting them all. The showers together, sleeping in one bed and many more occasions, made him think if there's something wrong with him. More often than not, he became aroused and it happened to be always around Taehyung. 

 

Needless to say that he had a hard time until now, three years later, with even deeper feelings for the two years older boy. 

 

Fan service, a good concept in itself. For Jeongguk, it's more than that. He loves to show his affection to everyone in the group but with Taehyung, he's more daring. Many fans ship him with the other members, most of them with Jimin or Taehyung. This shipping is a profitable thing and the management knows how to get more money out of it. 

 

Lately, the youngest is frustrated, his love for the older is reaching a point, where it hurts. Especially now, that they're free for a whole month, to visit their families, go on a trip or just relax however they want to. The fan service is on hold and he can't just hug him for no reason. 

 

Jeongguk decided to get over his feelings, of course a month won't be enough, he knows that, but if he's not starting now, when then? That's why the youngest has booked a trip to Europe without telling anyone. 

 

Tomorrow is the day when he's going to leave Korea for a while, to get Taehyung out of his head and maybe even find an one-night-stand to get rid of his ual needs. Europe is more open when it comes to gay people, that's what he has heard at least. 

 

Morning comes and Jeongguk wakes up early with a loud yawn. After his morning routine, he makes his way to the kitchen for a nice breakfast. 

 

"Hey Ggukie, why are you already up?" The deep voice startles him, he's shrieking like a girl. 

 

"Holy Tae! Can't you be more noisy when you approach someone?" 

 

Taehyung laughs, stealing the piece of bread from his hand, only to eat it himself. "Are you gonna answer me, or?" 

 

Jeongguk pouts, he really wanted to eat this bread. "Well, I'm up early, because I'm used to it by now I guess. We always have our schedules starting early in the morning and it's already in my system now. And you, why are you awake?" The apple in front of him suddenly looks very tasty, he grabs it and takes a huge bite. 

 

Taehyung shrugs. "My flight is at ten, didn't want to rush so here I am." 

 

It's six in the morning, four hours before his plane is going to depart. But wait a minute, did he just say ten? Jeongguk is confused, his own flight is at the exact same time, coincidence? "Oh, we could share a driver then." 

 

"Why? Are you going to another country too?" Taehyung's preparing more snacks for later. 

 

Jeongguk scratches his nape. "Yeah, seems like we're leaving the country at the same time." He laughs awkwardly. 

 

"I see, yeah, let's share a driver then. It's gonna be less boring while waiting for the boarding." The older looks over his shoulder to wink at him. 

 

Jeongguk hates his life, but it's whatever, four more hours with him and then two weeks without, he can manage it. "Please make some snacks for me too, I'm starving." He jumps down from the stool and walks to the living room. 

 

"When are you not?" Taehyung shouts after him, followed by a laugh. 

 

When after thirty minutes he still wasn't done, Jeongguk checks on him. 

 

Low music is playing in the background, Taehyung humming along while swaying his hips to the rhythm. He slowly walks closer, wraps his arms around the other's waist and whispers into his ear. "Stop it, it looks stupid so early in the morning." Jeongguk didn't know he could lie without a shame. It was for his own good this time. The scene in front of him made his heart beating faster, images of them dancing closely flooding his mind. 

 

Taehyung stops, continues to work on the sandwich without complaining. He stays silent until five minutes later. Jeongguk's still hugging him tightly. "You have to let me go now, I need to put those away and pack the rest of my bag."

 

Reluctantly, Jeongguk loosens the hug, stepping aside. "Go, I'll make tea and coffee for us." He smiles at him. 

 

Jeongguk wonders if Taehyung is going to notice the change after the vacation is over. He plans to act less clingy, sleep in his own bed and shower alone. It should help his situation. Okay, there's no way he won't not notice it, but will he be happy without him? Jeongguk is sure that he won't care, there are still five more members in the group who like to cuddle, talk or laugh with him as well. 

 

Time flies, they're now sitting in the back of the company's car. A staff member and a few bodyguards, who use another car, are going to bring them safe and sound to the airport, waiting for the boarding. 

 

There's still one question left unanswered for Jeongguk. "What's your destination?"

 

Taehyung's boxy smile shows up before he answers. "Spain."

 

The younger gasps. "No way! Why?" It's more a whine than a question. 

 

"What, aren't you happy?" Taehyung pouts, it's fake, but who cares. 

 

"It's just that, I'm going to Spain too and I thought I would be alone, you know." There go his plans of a Taehyung free vacation. Why is the whole world against him? 

 

"Oh wait until you hear the best part." The older pauses dramatically. 

 

"Just say it, for Pete's sake." Jeongguk is impatient, what could the best part be? 

 

"I even booked the same hotel as you." 

 

No ing way! Jeongguk can't believe his ears, is about to cry. "How did you know where I was staying, Hyung?" 

 

Taehyung sighs. "I took your laptop when I was searching for a trip, had no idea where to travel to and the page from your reservation was still open. I decided to join you but wanted to surprise you, what obviously worked haha. Surprise Jeonggukie." When the younger didn't react as expected, he furrows his brows. "You don't like it? Aren't you happy too, that we will be together for two weeks? We can take pictures, visit different places and just relax. Thought you'd be more- I don't know, more exited about it." He shrugs disappointed. 

 

Jeongguk feels bad now, forces a smile and gives him a side hug. "Of course I am, I was just shocked because I've planned it all through. What if you don't like where I'm going? It's also already paid." How's he supposed to get over a big part of his feelings for him, when they're going to see each other every minute for the next fourteen ing days? 

 

"If this is your biggest concern, then don't be concerned at all. I've brought enough money and won't hesitate to spend it all. Now lean back, change that forced smile to a real one. We are on vacation!" Taehyung sings the last sentence, hooking an arm around Jeongguk's shoulder. 

 

After boarding and sitting for many hours - including one layover for three long hours in Dubai where they had to change planes - both finally arrive in Spain.

 

It's noon there, the time difference to Korea is seven hours. 

 

"Let's get our luggages and drive to the hotel." Jeongguk pulls the other with him to the section after they had covered their faces with a mask, sunglasses and a hat. Spain has fans too, now imagine what would happen if they'd get to know about a Taekook vacation without the other members. Can't and definitely shouldn't happen, for the sake of everyone's well-being. 

 

After finally sitting in a car to their final destination, they admire the beauty of Spain. 

 

Taehyung points to a landscape with cows and horses grazing on it. "Beautiful, right?" 

 

Jeongguk turns his head, his eyes on the older's face. "Yes, very beautiful." 

 

Since it was obvious, Taehyung can't help the blush creeping to his cheeks. He bites his lower lip but doesn't say a word. 

 

Fortunately, the cap driver announces their arrival a few moments later, saving the situation. 

 

The hotel is located in a small village, except for a farm and a few old houses, there's nothing much to see. It's perfect, they don't have to wear a mask all the time, can completely be themselves. For the adventures, a cap is needed but that's the least concern they have. 

 

An older lady greets them in a not so perfect English. Since Taehyung and Jeongguk have started learning it a while ago they can understand her.

 

Other than the hotels in big cities, this one is small, like a normal house for one or two generations. She explains that the rooms are on the first floor and breakfast is from six to nine. If they want to eat lunch, they can always join them. Dinner is going to be from five till eight in the evening. 

 

The boys take notes and thank the old lady with a bow, accidentally ignoring the outstretched hand. The woman chuckles at that and bows as well. 

 

They go upstairs with the heavy luggages and are amazed by the painting on the ceiling. 

 

"Wow. This is-" Taehyung can't finish his sentence, is searching for the perfect word to describe it. 

 

Jeongguk helps him. "Beautiful? Pretty? A masterpiece?" 

 

Taehyung shakes his head. "Romantic is the word that describes it perfectly."

 

He's right, in front of the house was a rose garden and a white bow, where the roses meander upwards. The interior is old style but not old looking, if that makes sense. The owners must have put a lot of money into it. 

 

As much as Jeongguk loves it here, everything screams couple vacation. The worst thing is, that the woman's son had made a mistake in the reservation and Taehyung is now sharing a room and bed with him. The other room already had an elderly married couple inside. Imagine their shock as soon as he had opened the door. 

 

After seeing the rather small cupboard - well, for one person it's really spacious, even for two but we are spending of idols here, with more clothes in their luggages than necessary - they decide to keep it empty and live out of them. 

 

Taehyung's standing by the window. It's getting darker. "Have you seen the beach? I think the weather in Spain is perfect to go swimming. Are you in?" 

 

"Sure, why not." Jeongguk grabs his swimming trunk and is about to go to the bathroom to change when he hears Taehyung clearing his throat. 

 

"Since when are you shy? We always change in front of each other, we even shower together." To make his statement more clear, he steps out of his pants, throws them away. His boxershorts follow seconds after, as well as his shirt. Taehyung is standing completely in front of a stunned Jeongguk. 

 

He can't look away, the older's body is perfect and he really wants to go over there and kiss him, touch him and more, but he can't, because they're just friends and it hurts him so much. "You should already get dressed Tae, what if someone enters." Jeongguk turns around, can't keep his face straight any longer. 

 

"I've locked the door. Jeonggukie, is something wrong? You're acting weird lately." The last time they had a shower together was a month ago, until now, Taehyung didn't think much of it. 

 

"No, I'm tired, maybe I should just go to bed. You know, the time difference and so." Jeongguk enters the bathroom but before he can close the door, Taehyung slips inside. 

 

"Talk to me, what the is wrong with you?" 

 

When Jeongguk doesn't answer, he had enough. With one step he's right behind the younger's body, wraps his arms around the middle and pulls him close. 

 

"Tae?" Finally a reaction from him, unfortunately it didn't stop there, Jeongguk tries to pull his arms off of him. 

 

"Don't, I need this." Taehyung's voice is gentle. 

 

Jeongguk sighs. "Okay." He nods a little and relaxes. 

 

Minutes go by without them moving an inch. The younger's body begins to ache and he really needs to sit or lie down. He's about to voice it out when there's suddenly a kiss placed on his nape. It's not like Taehyung has never done that before, there exist a lot of videos and pictures from their concerts as proof. The difference is, that this isn't fan service right now. 

 

"Hyung-" He tries to question it, but gets interrupted by getting turned around and two soft lips meeting his own. They're kissing, no, Taehyung is kissing Jeongguk. The younger realizes it and starts to move his lips too. Is this real? Is this really happening right now or are they still in the plane and Jeongguk's dreaming as so often? 

 

Taehyung smiles into the kiss, breaks it shortly after. "You didn't push me away, does that mean that you like me too?" 

 

Jeongguk's eyes widen. "Y-You like me Hyung? As in more than just a friend." That can't be. 

 

"Yes silly, I thought I was always obvious and that you're just not interested in me. This vacation was my chance to either get a closure or a boyfriend." He looks down while cutely nibbling his bottom lip. 

 

"Oh wow, Taehyung, do you even know how much I've suffered? This vacation was my plan to get over you, after years of silently loving my best friend. Please tell me you're not joking or else I'm going out there, drowning myself." Jeongguk is an emotional mess right now. 

 

"I'm one hundred percent sure that I'm telling you the truth. I love you baby. Very much so." To show that he can believe his words, he kisses him again. Fortunately he had decided to wear sweatpants before running after Jeongguk. 

 

"I love you more Tae bear." The younger whispers against the other's lips, closing the gap again right away. 

 

They don't go to the beach, instead take a shower and then talk for hours while lying in bed, cuddling. 

 

Both decide to keep it a secret for at least a few months. Especially the company can't know. They're afraid that it's going to split the group, make them even disband. 

 

The two weeks are over in a blink, the couple enjoyed their freedom, visited different places, went on cute dates and kissed a lot. They didn't go all the way yet, there's enough time to explore each other. 

 

They're back to the dorm where only Yoongi and Namjoon are present. 

 

Jeongguk sneaks into Taehyung's room almost every night, unseen by anyone. They wake up in each other's arms and first thing in the morning share a kiss. It's nice, too nice maybe, because it's only a matter of time until they get exposed. 

 

The rest of the members arrive one after another in the last week of their vacation. Everyone has enjoyed the freedom. 

 

It's a Friday night, when they all sit around a big table and tell what they have done the past weeks. 

 

It's Taehyung's turn. "I went to Spain and it was perfect." 

 

Jimin lifts his hand to stop him. "Wait, didn't Jeonggukie go to Spain too?" 

 

The youngest knew that this question would come so he nods. "Yeah, we coincidentally went together to the same country." 

 

"I see. How was the trip besides the view?" Jimin asks further, there's something in his expression that says he knows something he shouldn't. 

 

"Well, it was-" Jeongguk starts but got interrupted by Taehyung. 

 

"We confessed our feelings for each other and started dating." 

 

It's out, can't be taken back anymore. That Jeongguk is shocked is an understatement. He can't find the right words to express himself. His mental breakdown is cut short because it's again Jimin who's speaks. 

 

"ing finally. Thought you es are going to hide it forever and make us suffer until we die." He sighs relieved. 

 

"What?" Taehyung and Jeongguk ask at the same time. 

 

Seokjin chuckles. "Do you really think that we are idiots? It was obvious how much you both were pining for each other. The not so subtle touches, the waaay too inappropriate moments on stage, there was no way it's just platonically."

 

"Does that mean that we can be in a relationship?" Jeongguk smiles widely. 

 

"Aren't you already?" Yoongi raises a brow at him. 

 

"Of course we are, thank you Hyungs for being so understanding. We really don't know what we would have done if you all would have been against it." Taehyung places a gentle kiss on Jeongguk's lips.

 

"I think we should get used to an annoyingly cute couple." Jimin laughs. 

 

Jeongguk and Taehyung still can't believe it, it's going to take a few days until they will be able to freely kiss in front of them but they're eventually getting there. 

 

To have their best friends by their side, who are supportive and understanding, is everything they need to be happy. The company who still tries to keep it down after finding out, can't do anything to part them as soon as they're home in their own apartments or in the dorm. 

 

No one knows what the future brings but Taehyung and Jeongguk are sure that they're going to spend it together. 

 

- The End -