Our Goodbye

A Tearful Farewell
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

 

 

 

 

How our stories first started...

 

I know him during the first year of entering college. It was like a fate when both of us choose interior designing for our future career. People said I was lucky to have the same interest as my partner. At first I think yes, but was it's really a luck? 

 

 

I was always early in everything because I don’t want people to kept waiting for me. So when I first enter the classroom nobody was inside yet.

 

“Ah this is nice” I said to myself as I slowly make my way to an empty seat near window and sat on it. While waiting for another student to arrived, I take out a notebook and a pen to prepare for the first class. Then, suddenly I heard another person enter the classroom and when I look up I saw a boy with a white hair and he look so good with it. If only I had look good too, so I can try any hair colors as well, but sadly I can only dyed my hair brown. 

 

When he saw me, I swear I saw his lips jutted out like a sulking child. Then he make his way to an empty seat beside me and excuse me? There is so many other empty seat and yes obviously because no one is here yet except me and him of course. So why stating the obvious? I know I’m stupid. This is why I don’t make a lot of friends. 

 

“Hey, you’re so early! I thought I’m gonna be the first person but you beat me!” he spoke to me. So um? Should I just smile? Say thanks? 

“Oh hi, hehe” that’s all that I can said to him while smiling awkwardly. 

“You’re cute” he chuckled. What? “By the way, what is your name? My name is Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun.” He introduced himself while smiling charmingly. Did I said that? Yes. So I introduced myself back to him. “Even your name is pretty too.” He muttered and that’s how our first meeting happened. 

 

Baekhyun was very popular because of his charming personality. Smart,genius,good looking,nice and plus having a very beautiful voice. He is mostly everyone crush and I am not an exception either. He is perfect. Perhaps the only flaw he had was falling for me. 

 

“So class for this semester break, I will be giving you all an assignment. You need to work with a partner and I don’t mind with who you guys want to work with. As long as you finish it. I will send the detail through an email later and until then see you guys!” Mrs Lee said before she ended the class. 

 

Ah so I need to find a partner. Who is even willing to become my partner though? I don’t even make a lot of friends yet from my class. 

The only person that I know is Baekhyun only. But there is a lot of girls already surrounded him, so I can’t possibly asking him right? I sighed to myself. 

 

“Sorry girls but I already have a partner!” Baekhyun announced loudly. I heard few girls whined and some of them even left to find another partner. See? Not even less than 1 minute he already found a partner. So what are you waiting for? Get your a partner now! 

When I was about to leave my seat, Baekhyun suddenly stand beside me. 

“Um, yes? Do you need any help?” I asked him. 

“Um yes! I need your help. Do you want to be my partner?” Oh he want me to be his part- wait what? 

“I’m sorry, but what? your partner?” Doesn’t he already have a partner? 

“Yes my partner! Why? Do you already have a partner?” He pouted. Can he stop? 

“Um no but-“

“Cool then! So you’re my partner!” He said excitedly. 

“Okay..” 

“WHAT?! SHE IS SO LUCKY!! I AM JEALOUS!” I heard someone yelled? But am I really very lucky? 

 

So that’s the beginning of Baekhyun becoming my regular partner for every project and assignments. 

 

Maybe because he spend too much of his time with me was the reason for him falling for me, not because I was perfect. I am not pretty, a timid person and the only great things that I had was probably having him. Maybe I thought I did. 

 

When he first confessed to me, I thought he was only pulling a prank on me. I mean how could the Byun Baekhyun fell for me? There were a lot more pretty girls like Irene, Soojung, Sooyoung and many others. But why me?  

So one night while I was laying in my bed, suddenly I received a text. 

Hey, are you sleeping yet? - Baekhyunnie 

Not yet. Why? -

Are you free tomorrow? - Baekhyunnie 

I think so -

Great. Can we meet tomorrow? I will pick you up. ^^ - Baekhyunnie 

Okay sure. But you don’t have to pick me up, I can go by myself. Just tell me where should we meet and I will go. -

No. I will pick you up! Send me your address later. Goodnight pretty ^^ See you tomorrow ^^ - Baekhyunnie 

Why is he making me blushed? Ugh 

Stop calling me pretty! Okay, see you tomorrow Baekhyun. Goodnight ~ - 

 

When the morning come, the first thing that I did was checking up my phone. Already 10 am and there is a new notification from Baekhyun since 8 am. He wake up pretty early while I am not a morning person and always skipped my breakfast. 

Good morning pretty! Don’t forget to send me your address ya~ I will come pick you up at 12! See you soon ^^ - Baekhyunnie 

“He really didn’t listen to me when I said to stop calling me pretty..” I said to myself while replying to him a good morning too and my address. 

“Okay, so what should I wear? Spring is coming and it’s getting chilly outside. I should wear a long skirt with a thick long sleeve shirt. That should be good enough.” So I ended up choosing a light pink color long skirt and a long sleeve white turtleneck before I went to take a shower.

 

The clock show 11.45 am after I finished getting ready. I put on a light makeup and curl the end on my hair a little to give myself a fresh look and not an embarrassing look. Even though I don’t know why Baekhyun want to meet me, still I don’t want to embarrass him. I don’t want people to judge why he is going out with a person like me. 

 

It was good all memories about us 
Isn't that special but I was happy 
With all of us memories 
The way you focused to choose what will you eat
And all other trivial things
Are still vivid in my eyes

 

By the time the clock reach 11.55 am, I started getting out of my apartment and went downstairs to wait for him at the entrance. While I was playing with my phone while waiting for him, suddenly a black Audi stopped in front of me and a certain white hair boy come out from the driver side. Baekhyun flashed me his beautiful eyes smile and open the passenger door for me. 

“Get in pretty, it’s getting cold outside.” He said and I did while trying to hide my blushing face and muttering a soft thank you to him before he closed the door for me. 

After he got into his car with me, all I did was only looking at his side profile while he started driving away from my apartment complex. He is really handsome. I still can’t believe I am sitting beside him inside of his car. Am I really lucky? 

“Hey pretty, what do you want to eat?” His sudden question suddenly bring me back to my sense and I quickly clear my throat before answering him.

“I don’t know. Anything is fine with me.”

“Really? Then should we go to my favorite place?” he glanced at me for awhile before looking back on the road. 

“Sure Baekhyun.” I answered

 

When we arrived, Baekhyun guide me inside the restaurant and we choose a table far from everyone else. Baekhyun know I don’t like too much attention and I am so glad he is very understanding. 

“So do you want western food or korean food?” Baekhyun asked me while he was looking at the menu. 

“Um actually I don’t know what is good here. So anything that’s good for you, I don’t mind.” I told him. 

“Anything? Then let me choose my favorite! There is a lot that I had like you to try and they all taste good!” Baekhyun said excited. 

The way he look so focused on choosing what to eat was just so cute. I can’t help but continue admiring him silently. 

After he was done ordering food for us, he turn to look at me and put on his charming smile. 

“Thank you for spending your time with me pretty. Actually I have something important to tell you.” Oh no...Why does he sound so serious? The smile on his face also gone. 

“What is it Baekhyun?” I don’t know why but I am so nervous for whatever it’s was. 

“Actually, I like you..no I think I've fallen in love with you.” Baekhyun confessed. 

I stopped breathing when I first heard it. I looked into his deep brown eyes. It was so beautiful and how could this beautiful human  claimed that he likes me. No, I must heard it wrong. 

"Huh?" Was the first words I manage to let out. 

Baekhyun smile and he hold my hands. 

My cheeks redden on it's own and I avoided his stared.

“Hey pretty, look at me.” He insisted. I am blushing again. This is not good and I bet my face look like a ripe tomatoes. 

“Stop calling me like that Baekhyun and stop pulling on a prank on me. This is not funny among all of your jokes. I swear you better stop messing up with me or I will stop partnering up with you.” I told him while facing him again. Trying my best to control my facial expression. I don’t know if I want to cry or hide myself if he really put on a prank on me. 

But Baekhyun hold on my hands tightened and he chuckled. “No, I am not kidding pretty. I really really like you. I thought I can hold myself from just crushing on you but in the last few months I started to fall harder for you and I can’t hold it any longer. I want you, pretty. Do you want to be mine?” 

I don’t know if that moment was a dream or a reality. But when I felt my eyes tearing up and Baekhyun wipes my cheeks because I was crying. I was crying for god heaven sakes and it was so embarrassing. Because of that I realized that I am not dreaming and Baekhyun truly just freaking confessed to me. 

“Ya what should I do? Why are you crying? Do you hate me?” Baekhyun panicked when I can’t stop crying. I chuckled because of that look of his face.

“No idiot. If I hate you why would we be here?” I said while trying to stop my tears from falling again. 

“Then, do you like me too? Do you want to be my girlfriend?” He asked again with a begging eyes. 

“I..why do you likes me?” I want to say yes but I want to know the reason he likes me. I am not a girlfriend material. So I don’t know why he likes me.

“Do I need a reason to like you? I just like you. My heart aches for you. I can’t give you a specific answer why I likes you. I just do. The feeling just come out of nowhere and whenever I saw you, be with you make me so so happy.” Baekhyun said sincerely. I can see that in his eyes. Well, he is not wrong. I also don’t know why I like him as well. I just one day like him for who he is. I can’t control my feeling as well. I didn’t choose to like him either. 

“So if one day, your heart no longer ache for me, will you leave me?” I asked him. Goddamn woman, why it’s so hard for you to accept him? I need to be careful aren’t I? He is perfect, almost perfect if he didn’t fall for me. So what if one day another girl who is better than me manage to catch his eyes? Obviously he will leave me. He can be complete with other girl that’s obviously not me. 

“Hey hey pretty, please don’t think like that. I can’t promise you the moon and the star but as long as I can love you, I will. I promise to take care of you and loving you more than myself. If I plan to hurt you in the future, I won’t even confessed to you. That’s all that I can assured you. I promise baby, I won’t hurt you. If I hurt you in the future, I give you permission to slap me as much as you want.” Baekhyun promised while wiping the remaining tears stain on my face. I must look ugly right now. 

“Excuse me for interrupting sir, but here is your foods.” the waiter suddenly cut our conversation and served the foods before saying please enjoy it and then leave us again. They truly look good and tasty. Suddenly I forgot what to sai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter