Unknown

Do Differences Really Matter?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I don’t know exactly how it happened but next thing I knew is that I was running for my life. I mean why though all I really know is that something happened and now I'm here being chased by a bunch of guys in suits and masks ( the kind that you can’t see none of their faces). I mean I don’t even remember my age or my name!? “HEY GET BACK HERE SUBJECT 663!” One of the guys yelled. Subject?... 663?... is that what this label on my shirt is? You know what it doesn’t matter all that matters is that I have to keep running.

 

I start to run out of breath. My head feels heavy. I feel like i’ll pass out at any moment but I can’t because the voice in my head or something in my head keeps telling me to run. So I keep running then I hear a loud bang that it somehow scared me enough to run faster. Next thing I know is that i’m running not in the middle of the woods anymore but on some weird road looking place with buildings and what not. Now come to think about it I don’t hear the guys that are chasing me anymore. It’s like they disappeared as soon as I stepped onto this ground huh. So I finally take the time to catch my breath. After I finally do so I look around for a bit. I'm so tired and hungry to the point that my head was pounding so bad. I walk around for a little looking at all the building signs seeing if I can understand any of them. Then there was one place that caught my attention by what you may ask about well the smell. It was so amazing so my hunger got the best of me and so I went inside.

When I opened the door my nose was welcomed by such a pleasant aroma. I looked around and it was nice in here. There were tables nicely placed with beautiful seats to go with them. I couldn’t finish looking around because someone came up to me “ Um hello sir are you alright are you going to take a seat and order something.”
“Um what” I turned around to the person who was speaking to it seemed to be a woman I think. Then she spoke again and said “ I ask if you were going to take a seat and order something”
“Oh uh y-yes i’m s-so s-orry.” I stuttered out because my speaking or reading skills don’t seem to be good at all. “Alright then you can go in line and take your order then you may have a seat.”
I nodded and walked to the line which wasn’t really long since they don’t seem to be busy at this time. I looked up at the menu to see what I want and then I realized that I don’t understand it. Ugh!!

It’s finally my turn and I stand there for a moment and all I can stutter out is “ um I-i c-c-can’t un- der-st-and an-any of th-at” ugh why can’t I speak well?
“Um what do you mean sir” I look at them and it’s a guy probably about my height with parted red hair. “I uh m-mean th-the m- menu”
“Oh can you not read?” I nod my head to his question “alright then how about I suggest something that I think you will like”
“R-really y-you c-can d-do th-that?” I asked “ Of course hm so lets see maybe a bacon, cheese, and ham sandwich toasted of course and then maybe a strawberry milk tea to go with it” I nod my head “ alright then that will be 10 dollars in total” I looked at him confused my head starting to pound again. “W-whats a d-dollar?” I ask trying not to sound dumb “Um it’s money you know curency the paper you use to pay for everything” He takes out an example out from somewhere “You know this” I shake my head no that I have no idea what that is. “REALLY?!?! Did your parents seriously not teach you any of this?”Again I looked at him confused. The next thing I know is that some guy steps up with a huge smile on his face and hands the worker the 10 dollars that I needed to pay. Then the worker looks at that person and frowns then smiles “ Really Minhyuk you couldn't let me handle the situation?”
“Of course not my lovely Kihyun like do you not see this guy he looks like he escaped prison and just get him his food alright”
“Fine fine alright then name for the order please” I look at both the guys who I learned where Kihyun and Minhyuk. “U-um I-i d-don’t re-remember m-my n-name” I say. “Wait what!! You don’t remember your own name?” they both scream at the same time. “I-i d-don’t b-but th-the n-number on m-my sh-shirt 663”
“Why call you by a number you’re a person not an object or item” Minhyuk said Kihyun nodding in agreement. “I-i d-don’t know i-it j-just f-feels m-more n-normal th-then b-being called b-by an act-actual n-name” They both stared at me making me feel very uncomfortable. “That’s it Kihyun we’re keeping him so then we can help him”
“Wait what”
“You heard me Kiki so now give me your room key for our room”
“Wait but you can’t just bring a stranger into our room Min besides do you not remember what happened last time we did that”
“Of course I remember but I have a good feeling about this one also we need to help him he’s young and helpless clearly”
“Ugh fine only now because if I don’t help him i’ll feel guilty. So do you want to wait here for his food to be done or.??”
“I actually had the idea that since your shift ends in five minutes you give me the room key now I take him upstairs, let him shower give him new clothes and then when you're done working you come and bring his food to the room so room key.” Minhyuk said in a demanding tone. I look at both of them in shock. Why are they being so nice? Are they only doing this because I look like I belong on the streets? But before I could say anything Kihyun already agreed and handed Minhyuk their room key.

Next thing I know is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter