Don't Go

Wheein's day off

 

The cloudy weather with a little of ray along with the serene wind blows make Wheein just want to laze around in her own apartment. It’s a day off and usually she would be hanging out with her members but they all are having their own hang out with other friends, making Wheein to be alone in her apartment. She’s lying upside down on her sofa while listening to some underrated R&B songs, her feet gently swaying from right to left, following the beats of the song while thinking of things to do. By thinking, she only thinks of it rather than doing it. She had a thought of cleaning up her storeroom since morning but it’s almost noon and she’s still on the couch, fiddling with her phone, scanning through her social media to see something interesting. Nothing.

 

She lets out a loud sigh to kill her boredom and her eyes look at the waving curtain by the balcony, her gaze stares blankly at the perfectly nice weather. She thought of going out for a walk but it left as a thought and she is glued to the sofa. Suddenly, her face was slapped by a long soft furry thing. She spits out a few fur in and stares at her cat, Ggomo who is walking past her face. Wheein loves her cat but her cat can be very fussy and picky or prickly towards her. They shared a love-hate relationship. Well, it’s a cat and cat can be a sometimes but still Wheein loves him dearly.  

 

Quickly, she reaches out her hands and grab the cat’s fat belly, making the furry cat to squirm in her hold but it only making her to laugh. It’s always entertaining to look at the cat’s silly antic. Wheein brings him to her belly and begin to squish her in her arms and the cat started to panic, squirming and resulting to use his claws to scratch Wheein, as long as he could get away from the human monster. Her laughs grew bigger, obsviously finding it funny with him acting like that. She lets him go after a while and Ggomo squints his eyes, dissatisfied by the treatment he received from his owner.  This time Wheein moves from the designated spot on the sofa, sitting before she stands up and walk to the kitchen. Ggomo follows her, hoping to get food from her. She opens the fridge and sighs at the emptiness except a box of kimchi made by her mom a week earlier. Ggomo received his food but Wheein ordered pizza instead. While waiting, she teased around her cat some more, throwing balls and play with some feathers but Ggomo only seems to be annoyed after playing for a while.

 

“Ding dong.” Her bells rings and she runs to the door, wearing her light grey hoodie to cover her face with a pair of black cotton tights and by the time she paid the deliveryman, Ggomo runs out from the house. It happened so fast, it makes her dumbfounded for a while. Immediately she put the pizza box on the table and runs out to chase after her cat. She searched the building around her floor but she couldn’t find him. She even searched the staircase and her neighbour did saw a cat running out of the building. Wheein gets even more panic knowing her house cat is outside where cars and people are all over the place and the last thing she wants is her cat to get hit by some vehicles.

 

With a pair of slippers, she runs out of her building to find her cat, she’s sweating despite the cold weather, worried of her cat. She calls out to his name, shouting while passing around few people, not to forget to search the alleys. While she walks through an alley, she catches a glimpse of an orange and white cat, running along the hedges and it must be Ggomo. She chases after the cat only to find a guy in a black hoodie, squatting by the end of the alley. Her head tilted to the side to see the man but instead she found Ggomo with him. His muscular hand her cat’s fur gently while cooing and talking in cat’s language, meowing at the cat while the cat stays quiet against his touch. She approaches them slowly, he turned his head when he noticed her shadow getting closer and to her surprise, she knows him. The man smiles back at her, he picks up Ggomo and stands up to match her and both of them couldn’t stop smiling, flustered by the fact of them standing face to face. It’s a small world after all she thought.

 

“Hi, Wonho.” She said while removing her hood, fixing her long messy hair after the running.

 

He smiles with Ggomo in his arms, purring and relaxing instead. “It’s been a while, Wheein.” He remembers the last time they had a conversation was during the recording of their song, Ex-Girl when he was still in Monsta X. After that, they only exchange greetings behind the stage.

 

Both of them stay quiet for a while with gentle wind patting their face as they smile. They still couldn’t believe the person standing in front of them is someone familiar. Ggomo’s squirms breaks the silence and they chuckles at the sight of the cat struggling to run away from his hold. Luckily he’s strong enough to hold onto the furry buddy.  “Is this your cat?” he asked and Wheein could only nod. He gives Ggomo back to Wheein and the cat hold onto her this time, knowing that the outside world can be scary and the owner’s smell can be calming at time like this. “Thank you for stopping him.”

 

He smiles sheepishly while shaking his head, his hair dances along his movement, unknowingly making her to smile as well. Realising her act, she immediately take a step aside, preparing to go back to her house but his soft baritone voice stopped her steps. “Don’t go...” she turns her head to look at him with a puzzled look, flustered by his words and he’s even surprised by the words that came out from his mouth. “I mean...do you wanna grab a coffee nearby?” his thumb just randomly pointed behind him, asking her to have a coffee with him but she’s still stunned by the fact that he’s asking her out. “I I need to go...” she trailed her words and Wonho immediately waves his hand in defence. “No, it’s okay if you can’t.”

 

“I need to go and keep this fluffy prisoner away first.” She quickly said before he could continue rambling away and both of them smile, chuckles at their own awkwardness. “Okay then, I’ll wait for you here.” He said and take a seat on a nearby stone while Wheein walks away only to stop after a few steps and turn around. “You know, why don’t you grab me a latte and come to my house? I have pizza. I’ll wait for you here.” She smiles softly at him and although he was startled by her request, it seems to be a good idea. She can see his ears twitched as he smiles widely, standing up and start running to a nearby cafe to get their drinks.

 

“Let’s go.” She said when he comes back few minutes later with two cups of hot lattes, grinning like a kid as they both started to talk while walking to her house. She’s glad Ggomo decided to give her some exercise and a meaningful encounter since she always had crush on him. Meanwhile, he’s glad he took a wrong turn while finding his way to a restaurant suggested by Minhyuk since he always had his eyes on her.

 

End. 


So I actually wrote this in few hours since it's short. Hope you like this pairing. I didn't see any pairing of wheein and wonho much and it's such a shame since they would make a cute couple especially when they're both sweet and adorable. Thanks for reading.