Vitamin Love

Vitamin Love

Tiffany was on the couch with her laptop perched on her lap as she worked when the door to the bedroom opened and came out a disgruntled-looking Taeyeon.

"Fanyyyy..." Taeyeon quietly croaked as she drags herself over to the living room.

"Hm?" came Tiffany's distracted response, not even looking towards the zombie-looking girl walking her way.

"Fany-aaah..." another whine.

"Yes, Tae?" yet another distracted and non-committed response.

The whining girl plopped on the couch, right beside Tiffany and wrapped, or rather sneaked, her arms around Tiffany's waist. The action knocked the laptop off by an inch and trapping Tiffany's arm while her other arm remains free of her hold.

Unbothered, Tiffany just repositioned her laptop with one hand and continued reading the slides she was currently reviewing.

Taeyeon, annoyed at her futile attempts in getting her girl to give her attention, just whines again. 

"Fany-aaaaahhh..." She nuzzled her head against Tiffany's collarbone and Tiffany finally acknowledged her by lifting her only free hand to briefly brush the whining girl’s hair down, all while not really giving Taeyeon a glance. To be honest, it was more of like a pat in the head. A quick one, at that. 

"Yah..." Taeyeon softly whines. "Why are you working?" She complains as she sees what’s on the laptop’s screen.

"Because I have a lot to catch up on since we took a break, remember? Someone banned me from bringing work with me." Tiffany calmly explained, eyes still reading through the words on the screen.

It was true. They did take a break and all throughout that mini vacation, Tiffany didn't once turn to work. So it's valid that she is dealing with the backlogged work now. Not that she complained about having more time with her partner, she truly needed the break from adulting.

"But...but your baby is sick."

That made Tiffany look at her with a chuckle. "My baby? My baby's right there." Pointing at the corner where her puppy, Prince, is curled up. "Sleeping."

Taeyeon didn't miss a beat and as she leaned back, she pointed at herself. "Your human baby." She sniffled loudly as she looked at Tiffany.

"Aigoo." Tiffany freed her arm from getting squished in between their bodies and brought both of her hands to cup Taeyeon's cheeks. "This baby is sick?"

Proud of herself for succeeding in getting her girlfriend's attention, she gave Tiffany an exaggerated pout as she nodded.

"If only this baby of mine listened to me and took a shower when I told her to, she wouldn't have been sick." Tiffany casually retorted as she rubs Taeyeon's soft cheeks with the pads of her thumb.

Taeyeon's face fell, losing the pout and replacing it with a dissatisfied look. "Yah. Does that give you a reason to ignore me then? When I’m sick?? I'm sorry I didn't listen but I was really tired and I know now that it's my fault I'm sick but I just-"

Her babbling was too amusing to Tiffany that she shut her up with a kiss. "You talk too much even for a sick person." She mumbled against Taeyeon's lips.

Her sick baby was too dazed at the sudden kiss that she just sat there with her lips parted. Tiffany briefly thought that she just broke her girlfriend when her said girlfriend suddenly blinked and slapped her on her arms.

"Yah!" Now a slightly flustered and annoyed Taeyeon nearly yelled.

"God, your mood swings are giving me a whiplash!" Tiffany half-yelled back as she used one hand to rub her ears, her girlfriend's outburst surprised her.

Tiffany received another slap on her arm from Taeyeon to which she responded to quickly. "Yah. Stop that."

"Why did you kiss me?!" It's as if the world's ending with how Taeyeon looked like and Tiffany would've laughed if it weren't for her confusion on the matter.

"You were asking for my attention and now you're complaining?"

"It's not that!"

"I kissed you to shut you up. I kissed you because I wanted to. What about it?" Tiffany lifted her chin up at her girlfriend as if to challenge her decision. Is it a crime to kiss your girlfriend??

"And what about it?" Taeyeon repeated then lifted a fisted hand to knock her girlfriend's forehead gently but firmly. "What if you get sick, huh?! Did you not think of that? Pabo!"

Ohh.

For some reason, her girlfriend's reasoning warmed Tiffany's heart and she couldn't help but smile at her vexed, yet cutely sniffling, girlfriend. Taeyeon, on the other hand, didn't notice the look she's being given and sprang up from the couch, surprising Tiffany as she quickly disappeared into the kitchen.

"Babe?" Tiffany called out, craning her neck to see what her girlfriend's up to.

Taeyeon came back with a glass of water and a small pouch which Tiffany eyed before questioningly looking at Taeyeon. Again, oblivious to the looks of her girlfriend, Taeyeon just dug into the pouch to grab the items inside and started looking for what she wanted.

Tiffany finds herself beaming in awe at the woman in front of her. How lucky must she be to have this woman as the love of her life? What did she ever do to deserve her?

If anyone would draw Tiffany as a piece of cartoon art right now, she would most likely have hearts in her eyes because right in front of her is her sick girlfriend, sniffling as she flips medicine after medicine that was inside the pouch, reading through the labels to get her -

"Aha!"

Tiffany just raised her brows and smiled amusingly at Taeyeon who looked like she had hit a jackpot. An outstretched hand holding an unopened small foil was ed in her face.

"Drink this vitamin now so your immune system will be strong and you won't catch my cold." Taeyeon ordered, of course ending her sentence with a sniffle.

Tiffany gently held the hand holding the medicine and beamed at her sick girlfriend who is tending to her instead. 

"Why is my baby so cute?" She cooed then kissed the hand she was holding, making Taeyeon blush before encouraging Tiffany by ing the medicine into Tiffany's hand.

"Drink."

"Yes, ma'am. Have you drank yours, babe?" Tiffany asked as she ripped the foil open to get the tablet out and took the glass of water Taeyeon offered.

"I have. I'm not due to drink til 4 hours from now."

Taeyeon watched as her girlfriend nodded in acknowledgement as she swallowed the tablet. She was about to grab the empty glass that Tiffany placed on the coffee table when Tiffany grabbed her wrist.

Confused, she watched as Tiffany closed her laptop with one hand and placed it on the coffee table beside the empty glass. Next on the table was the medicine pouch on Taeyeon’s lap.

Tiffany then leaned back and gently pulled on the wrist in her grasp. Taeyeon smiled as she caught on and followed the pull, cozily snuggling into Tiffany’s side as the woman wraps an arm around her shoulders.

“What does my baby want again?”

“Love.”

“Do I not give you that?” Tiffany asked, smiling at her girlfriend’s childish antics. 

“More love.”

“More love?”

“Yes.” Taeyeon cutely answered as she nuzzled Tiffany’s neck, to which the woman chuckled at.

“That tickles.” 

“That’s love.”

“Hm. Yeah.” Tiffany hummed as she gently rubbed her thumb on Taeyeon’s arm.

Taeyeon sniffled and Tiffany glanced down at her girlfriend’s face before reaching out for the box of tissues in front of them.

“Blow.” Tiffany instructed as she held the sheet in her hand.

Taeyeon unamusingly stared up at her. “I can do it myself.”

Tiffany pulled her hand away when Taeyeon attempted to get the tissue sheet from her.

“I know, but let me do it.”

“It’ll be disgusting, Fany-ah.”

“It’s love. And you wanted love, so blow your nose.”

Taeyeon may have looked unamused on the outside, but internally she had been screaming My girlfriend is the best!

“See, that wasn’t so hard now, was it?” Tiffany wiped Taeyeon’s nose before discarding the tissue on the trash bin under the table.

Taeyeon wrapped her arm around Tiffany as she closed her eyes. “Can I have you for 5 more minutes?” She quietly requested.

Tiffany smiled at the cute request. The moment she set her laptop aside, she decided to give her girlfriend her undivided attention for a longer period of time. “You can have me for 30.”

She heard Taeyeon let out a soft gasp before snuggling even closer, lowkey pushing herself onto Tiffany, making Tiffany lose her balance as the woman chuckles. 

“Wait! Hold on!” Tiffany let out a laugh as she was being maneuvered into laying down.

“No time to waste!”

“Okay, okay! Let’s lie down, let me put my feet up first, please?” Tiffany brushed Taeyeon’s hair off of her face as she scooted to the farthest end of the couch as she lied down so that they won’t feel cramped.

Tiffany made sure she had a cushion under her head to support Taeyeon’s as well as the sick woman clung to her.

They both let out a sigh as they got settled in. Tiffany fixed Taeyeon’s hair to not let it obstruct her girlfriend’s breathing.

“This is what the baby wants?”

A nod.

“So this is love?” She can’t help but tease a bit.

Another nod. As expected, Tiffany thinks amusingly.

Tiffany let out a soft chuckle and placed a kiss on top of Taeyeon’s head.

“Sleep well so that you’ll recover faster.”

A hum and a soft sigh was the response she got and soon, she joined her girlfriend into dreamland.

 

 

An hour later, Tiffany woke up in the same position she was in with Taeyeon beside/half on-top of her. She glanced at the clock mounted on the wall behind them and saw that she had indeed slept for an extra 30 mins. 

She briefly glanced at the closed laptop on the table and decided she can deal with it later or early tomorrow morning. Right now, she just wants to take care of her sick girlfriend who is peacefully sleeping in her arms.

“Love you.” She whispered into Taeyeon’s hair before placing another kiss on top of her hair.

 

 

------

So, it's been a while. I mean, a long time 😅

This has been in my drafts for a looooong time and I figured I'd finish it and share it no matter how short it is cause I kinda need some fluff in my life. By extension, some of you might need them as well since it's been a tough year and still being tough.

But I hope everyone is doing fine and that you're all safe.  <3