final

i like it too

Chanyeol looks at the mirror and he fixes his hair, running his fingers through his dark brown hair. Satisfied with the outcome, he gives one final look at his reflection in the mirror before taking his jacket on the chair, leaving his apartment.

He leaves his apartment and skipped down the stairs, making his way to the car park. He pulls out his phone and calls someone, a smile on his face. His smile got bigger when he hears the voice on the other side of the line.

“Hey, I’ll be there in 10.”, Chanyeol said.

 

“Hey, Baekhyun. What are you doing this weekend?”, Chanyeol asks Baekhyun who was going through his work.

“Nothing much. Probably sleeping in.”, Baekhyun writes a remark on his paper.

“Can I come over to your place?”

Baekhyun stops writing and turns to look at Chanyeol. “What for?”

“I’m free this weekend too. I was thinking maybe we could watch a movie together or read a book together or go out on a date…”, Chanyeol pulled the back of his neck, his voice getting inaudible towards the end.

Baekhyun notices the blush on Chanyeol’s cheeks, the latter spinning his pen and trying to play it cool.

Baekhyun clears his throat, the corner of his lips tugging upwards.

“Well, I’ll probably be too tired on the weekend. I have a few papers and assignments to rush by this Friday…”, Baekhyun continues looking through Chanyeol’s paper.

“Oh, well. What can I-“, Chanyeol said, looking dejected but he was cut off by Baekhyun.

“But, I don’t mind going for dessert at the new café down the street. Maybe, we can watch a movie too if you’re okay with it.”, Baekhyun looks at Chanyeol, a smile on his face after finishing his sentence.

“Oh, I’m very okay with that.”, Chanyeol’s eyes brightens up, a big smile on his face.

Baekhyun chuckles at that sight and hands over the paper to Chanyeol. “Good job, Romeo. It’s well written, there’s one little amendment to be made and I think it’s good to be submitted.”

“Thanks, Baekhyun. So, I’ll pick you up this Saturday at your place. 3pm?”, Chanyeol’s eyes still fixated on Baekhyun’s as he keeps the paper in his bag.

“Looking forward to it.”, Baekhyun smiles, bigger this time as he shows his pearly white teeth.

Chanyeol’s heart skipped a beat.

That was beautiful.

“Bye, I’ve got to go for my club meeting.”, Baekhyun stands up and packs his bag too.

“I’ll walk you to your meeting room. I’m passing by that area too.”, Chanyeol stands up, he holds out his hand, offering to hold Baekhyun’s bag.

This time it was Baekhyun’s heart that skipped a beat. He looks at Chanyeol’s hands.

It must be warm.

It must be nice to have his hands clasped together with Chanyeol’s.

Baekhyun’s cheeks started to feel warm and his heart started feeling strange. He felt giddy.

He handed his bag to Chanyeol which the latter happily took and they both walked out of the library, both enjoying their little walk to the meeting room.

 

Baekhyun was fixing his shirt when he heard his doorbell rang. He walked to his door and opened it.

Wow.

Chanyeol had his hair pushed back, complementing his facial features. His black shirt neatly tucked with gray plaid trousers and black shoes.

He looks good.

He looks handsome.

He looks different.

Baekhyun couldn’t really describe it, he stares at the man before him, starstrucked.

He’s y?

Chanyeol had a concerned look on his face. “Are you okay, Baekhyun? You’re red.”

Baekhyun garbled. “H-Hey. I’ll be right o-out. I’m done.” He fumbles to get his keys, leaving a puzzled Chanyeol.

 

“Oh my god, this is so good.”, Baekhyun gasped after one bite of the ice dessert, bingsu.

“I know right, we are going to have to come back for a second time.”, Chanyeol scrapes the ice from the bowl.

“That was pretty smooth, asking me for a second date, but I’m down with it.”, Baekhyun answers him cheekily. Baekhyun laughs when he sees Chanyeol turning red. 

“Cool it, Romeo. You’ll melt the ice.”, Baekhyun teases him. He feels his heart beat faster at the sight of Chanyeol biting his lower lip.

“I have somewhere to bring you after this. I think you’ll like this place.”, Chanyeol smiles at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun nodded and continues eating the shaved ice dessert.

Chanyeol chuckles at the sight.

He looks cute when he’s enjoying his food.

 

“An old fashioned music store?”, Baekhyun’s eyes widened in excitement.

“Yeap. Let’s go.”, Chanyeol pulls Baekhyun by the wrist, walking into the store. They were both excited as they shared the same music interests. The 80s.

There were vinyl records, CDs, phonographs, record players and even portable CD players mounted on the CD shelves of the store.

Baekhyun puts in a 80s music CD in the portable player and puts on the earphones.

The first track plays.

Nothing’s Gonna Stop Us Now by Starship.

Baekhyun mouths along to the lyrics, he looks around the store. He sees Chanyeol going through the shelves. He was holding an album, looking through the tracklist. He had a serious look on his face. Baekhyun eyes his chiseled jaw, his lips, his nose, his eyes, his hair. He finds himself staring at Chanyeol.

Chanyeol turns around, looking Baekhyun into the eye. He puts the album down and walks towards Baekhyun.

“What are you listening to?”, Chanyeol extends his arm to take the left earphone off Baekhyun’s ear and puts it into his ear. They shared the earphones and Baekhyun felt his cheeks warming up and butterflies in his stomach.

The second track plays.

Heaven Is A Place On Earth by Belinda Carlisle.

As the song plays, Baekhyun felt something warm. He looks down at his hands.

Chanyeol’s fingers intertwined with his.

He turns up to look at Chanyeol. He finds a pair of hazel brown orbs looking back at his.

Baekhyun finds himself getting weak, his heartbeats were irregular and he’s probably blushing like crazy because he felt a burning sensation on face.

Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun’s lips. He slowly leans forward and brushes his lips against Baekhyun’s. Baekhyun finds a very soft expression on Chanyeol’s face, one that was full of adoration. Chanyeol looks away, avoiding Baekhyun’s eyes throughout the song.

Baekhyun pressed his lips into a thin line. It was brief but the warm feeling lingered on his lips.

 

“Do you want spicy chilli or crispy honey?”, Chanyeol asked, going through the menu for chicken delivery. He was sitted on the couch in Baekhyun’s apartment.

“Both.”, Baekhyun answers, holding two cans of beer in his hands. He opts to sit on the floor carpet instead. He wants some distance between them tonight.  He opens a can of beer for Chanyeol which the latter gratefully took it and sipped it as he places their order.

Baekhyun sips on his can of beer. He goes through the movie channels, hoping that there is a nice movie for them to watch.

“Baek.”

Baekhyun’s heart skipped a beat when Chanyeol called him that.

Baek???

He turns to look at Chanyeol and the latter lies down on the sofa, his face now close to Baekhyun’s. Chanyeol lays his face on his forearm and he stares at Baekhyun’s face.

“Baek.”

Okay. That does it. He IS y.

“W-What?”, Baekhyun stares back at him.

“I like you.”, Chanyeol speaks in a low voice.

Baekhyun’s heart fluttered upon hearing Chanyeol’s confession. He stays silent but he still looks into Chanyeol’s eyes.

“Are you drunk? You didn’t even finish that can.”

“No. I’m not drunk.” Chanyeol pauses. “I like you, a lot.”, Chanyeol confesses again.

Baekhyun turns his body to face Chanyeol. He places his hand on Chanyeol’s cheek, his thumb caressing it.

“What do I do, Baek? I really like you a lot.”, Chanyeol closes his eyes, holding Baekhyun’s hand, enjoying the warmth on his cheek. Chanyeol’s thumb slowly caresses Baekhyun’s hand.

There was silence between them for quite some time.

“I like you too.”, Baekhyun whispers, breaking the silence. “A lot.”

Chanyeol opens his eyes and turns to look at Baekhyun who was smiling back at him. Chanyeol smiles widely.

Chanyeol sits up and pulls Baekhyun up on the couch. Chanyeol cups Baekhyun’s cheeks. He pulls Baekhyun into a yearning kiss. Baekhyun kisses Chanyeol back, his hands making his way to Chanyeol’s back and neck. Chanyeol kisses Baekhyun deeply and slowly, every kiss full of love and compassion. They were always in a push and pull situation but deep down, they both knew they couldn’t fight the growing feelings for one another. Chanyeol pushes Baekhyun against the soft pillows on the couch without breaking the kiss, his thighs caging Baekhyun in between him. Chanyeol hovers above Baekhyun, leaving a trail of butterfly kisses along Baekhyun’s jaw, forehead and nose. Chanyeol kisses Baekhyun on the lips again as Baekhyun smiles into the kiss. Chanyeol softly bit Baekhyun’s lower lip before breaking the kiss.

 Chanyeol looks at Baekhyun again before he buries his face into the side of Baekhyun’s neck. Baekhyun could feel Chanyeol breathing against his skin.

“Well, that was pretty intense for our first day.”, Baekhyun mumbled and Chanyeol laughed.

Baekhyun plays with Chanyeol’s hair.

“Yeol?”

Chanyeol hums in response. Baekhyun smiles.

I guess he likes this name.

“Everytime when you offer to walk me to the meeting room because it’s on your way…that was a lie, right?”

“N-No.”

“Oh, come on Yeol. You don’t have any classes or club meetings after 4pm on Thursdays. The parking lot is in the opposite direction from the meeting room. It’s at the furthest block and it’s a long walk back to the parking lot.”

Chanyeol murmured “I liked it.”

Baekhyun tightens his embrace around Chanyeol and softly said “I liked it too.”

Baekhyun could feel Chanyeol smiling. Chanyeol wrapped his arms around Baekhyun’s waist and puts one leg on Baekhyun’s legs.

Chanyeol’s phone rang. He got up and answered the call.

“Okay, thank you.”, Chanyeol hangs up and slips his phone into his back pocket. “The delivery man is at the ground floor. I’ll go get our food.”

“I’ll walk with you.”, Baekhyun smiles cutely.

Chanyeol laughs and presses a kiss on Baekhyun’s forehead, intertwining their fingers as they walked out of the apartment.

 

 

 

 

 


Hellooo lmao so this was really random. I miss writing so much but i'm too busy with work TT 

On a side note, I wanna thank my new subscribers of my old fics (how y'all discovering my fics that were 3 to 4 years old? ahhaahhah) I'm so touched y'all actually read and subscribed to it TTTTT *throws hearts*

Please take care during this Covid-19 pandemic and stay safe!

Do subscribe, upvote and comment guys *shameless*