one

somewhere beige-y

 

 

Yuri hops as she tries on different jumpers,

finding the one which complements the best with her white tee, faded gray pedal, and a cutie little beanie. She sits with a sigh, "I just couldn't find the perfect fit, could I?" Opening her closet again, now trying to find a better set. After 30 minutes, she finally settled with a cloudy colored cotton tee with two little mochi characters print paired with a checkered beige skirt and a caramel-colored flat cap above her tiny head.

She smiles as the warm 3 pm sunlight hit her now crescent-like honey doe eyes. She lifts her right hand and covers the gleam gracefully as if she's in a movie. It's a Friday afternoon, assignments are all done, slides for presentations all set, nothing left on her plate; she now just have to relax and chill. And that's why she's on her way to their city's library. Yuri admits she's not a bookworm, not a bit, but something about being surrounded by books is so calming. The sound of pages getting flipped and their texture needs praise too.

She sets off to the nearest library instead of the city. Well, the beige chairs look so soft, the place is spacious, there's a coffee maker at the corner too. A single penny for a 6-hour worth of stay in a cozy setting isn't a problem. Pushing the glass door, she is welcomed by the dim lights perfect to set the mood for the readers, and that certainly made her smile. She browses each corridor and awes upon the sight of high woods full of thick books. She clearly doesn't know a thing about books nor the library. She's only here to relax after all--advance research isn't needed at all, right?  

Finally settling in a spot Yuri thinks is perfect, she sets off in the bookland. She dozes off not too long after tho.

She wakes up when it's already dark when stars were brightly twinkling like how the moon exudes its dim yet radiant moonlight. She prepares her thing and gets out as she wanted to see more of the night sky partnered with the neon lights oozed by the nearby buildings. Well, she decided to just walk towards her apartment while staring at it.

She's really having a pleasant time stargazing until she hears a beep and noticed a car stopping right beside her. That kinda annoyed the girl. Looking--more like glaring at the white Honda CR-V, waiting for the driver to show up. And it did just a few seconds later. "Hi!" the girl with shoulder-length ash gray colored hair greets. Yuri doesn't answer, just blankly staring at the new figure. "Want a ride?" Yuri reacts slightly--no words came out of except a visible scoff. She may just want to punch the figure in front of her just so it could disappear, "do you want to catch a flying fist?" Yuri finally said--shouted--something. Expecting the seemingly older lady to be scared, Yuri gapes in disbelief when she heard sounds of laughter instead. "What?!" the younger exclaims. The other just shook her head, "So, do you want a ride?"

Since the younger one wouldn't budge at all, the other figured out she might have been scared or something. Offering a walk instead, Yuri finally agrees. The hamster admits she is a bit scared. However, the duck is so stubborn that Yuri has no choice but to allow her to go home with her. She finds the duck harmless--I think she's a clown, actually. Her lips unintentionally curved into a smile upon the thought.

The walk was eventless and short--Yuri only staring up above and the other tailing behind humming melody unknown to the younger--that both are surprised they're already at their destination. "That's my apartment," Yuri says while pointing at a minimalistic two-story abode. "Bye? Visit the library if you have some time again!" that statement, of course, left the younger dumbfounded. "How?" she started, "how did you know I came from the library?? You could have seen me coming out from there, yes, but why would you want me to visit there again?" Yuri finishes a triple bar of an impromptu rap song. "Chill," the duck says. "You were the last customer apparently, and me being the generous owner--"

"You're the owner?!" the duck laughs at that, "Choi Yena, and yes." The woman named Yena offered her right hand for a handshake, "Can I get a discount next time? And the name is Jo Yuri, nice to meet you." Both crack up on the discount part, "Crazy how you completely changed when you knew I was the owner.." The younger laughs at that; the 360 change was just a joke, of course. Yuri figured out she'll be close with the older the moment she saw an ash-like hair sticking out on the window of the palest car she has seen. Though, the stubbornness is annoying--more than scary--as hell. 

"And yes, is a 20% discount enough?" Yena broke the silence--a surprisingly comfortable one. "Why are you so cheap? Emphasis on cheap!" Yuri hits a successful joke, both cracks up. "How about 50--"Why not make it free, Yena?" Yuri inserts. 

"Only if you give me your contact info." Oh wow, Yena, that actually sounds cool. Yena mutters to herself; she later found out that the younger is no longer breathing, "Yuri, wtf, are you okay?" "Oh. Yes, yes. My soul left my body for a bit, I think." Yuri answers with an awkward laugh. "So, your phone! Anything free is," Yuri then gestures multiple finger hearts. But lmao, Yena frowned at the action and awkwardly gave her phone. Yuri, embarrassed, typed her number in a flash and yeeted out with a single bye. 

Though, she pauses halfway as she felt her phone vibrate. "Yes, hello?" answering the phone call from an unknown contact, Yuri says. "Look behind you, with a smile, please." The hamster is baffled but does what she was told nonetheless. She turned around, her right arm still glued onto her ear and left hand forming a V sign partnered with a wide smile. "And done! You look crazy to someone who doesn't know the context, right now." Yena says with a laugh. The older just took a picture of the younger since the contact feels empty without a face.

Yuri chases the older for what she just did. Unfortunately, Yena saw it coming and has already flown out; the younger couldn't do anything but stare at the figure running swiftly. The scene at least made her laugh.

Yuri was preparing her bed when she gets a text from Yena.

ducky the discount giver

*1 picture attached*

sorry if i took this without consent

i hope you dont mind hehe

you look cute btw!

and good night, yul! sleep well :yellow_heart:

Yuri usually gets angry whenever someone does what the older did and she, herself, was also surprised when she felt a rush of serotonin when it should be epinephrine instead. Typing, it's okay i dont mind and you too, Yuri sleeps with a smile.