So Into You

So Into You

Author's Note: The guys are anonymous so you won't get a particular name. Happy Reading.

 

*A Different Person* (Luna)

There was a time when they were in perfect sync with one another. There was never a time they didn’t have fun together. He knew her so well, and she knew all there was to him. He called her his Moon. When things were dark, she shined and made things brighter.

“The stars always get all of the attention,” he would say. “But my Moon shines so bright, so big. My moon isn’t too far way.”

He’d whisk her away to some Karaoke room, where they’d dance to compliment one another and sing duets. I loved to hear her sing, and she loved when he joined in, in perfect harmony. His dream was the same as hers, to be a singer, but his family had other plans for him. He used to say his dream would live on in her, and they had been so naïve, but things always felt alive. Luna felt alive when she was with him.

Now, it seems that Luna is too big of a moon for him. She should’ve known that something was off when he started showing up late to dates, and how he seemed to gaze off when she talked about how great things were going with her training at SM. 

Thoughts of him kept her going through those vigorous days. She wanted to make him proud. She wanted to become the world’s moon, which was why she chose the stage name “Luna”.

Now, she holds onto the microphone in the empty Karaoke room staring off into space. He is more than late. She keeps checking her watch, amazed at how much time has gone by. She is so busy these days, and he should know that their time is limited.

The old him would have been here no matter what. She can’t admit to herself that maybe, maybe he has changed.

Luna has changed too. She takes things a little more seriously now, and nothing is more serious than having your heart broken. When another hour goes by, Luna selects a song, one that matches her sadness and aching heart, and stands in the middle of the room.

Through the microphone comes everything she wants to tell him from her heart, knowing she will never get to.

 

Girls Are Prideful (Amber)

He is the first guy to ever make her feel beautiful, wanted. He likes her exactly for who she is, nothing more. She always had it in the back of her mind that there is no way she deserves him, but even if she never voices it, he’s always assuring her that he only loves her.

Alone, she always feels like she’s being judged, but when he holds her hand, when they laugh together and share clothes and hats and kisses, nothing hurts. He is the first boy she ever gave her entire heart to, and it seemed he wanted to keep it forever.

She’s never had a problem expressing to him how she feels when it comes to her love. Their relationship is a carefree one. At least, it began that way.

It’s hard being in love in the music industry. Being Amber in love is even harder. There are so many reasons for her to feel unpretty, and he is surrounded by girls that make her feel small. She doesn’t want to be that girl, jealous and suspicious, but it begins to weigh on her until she can’t breathe sometimes.

She’s meeting him after a long day of dance practice, where she had trouble looking natural next to the other members. She’s exhausted and all she wants to do is breath in his cologne and feel his arm around her. She needs to hear how beautiful she is more than ever on this day.

 The first thing she sees is him talking to a girl. A girl with long legs, dark hair flowing over her shoulders, and wearing something designer looking. The girl is smiling at him, and he is smiling at her. Amber stops dead in her tracks and feels raw emotion well up inside of her. She knows that look. It’s the look he used when he first began to pursue her.

“Oppa,” she calls out to him.

They both look toward her as she approaches, and the girl waves goodbye to him and walks away. Amber stares after her before turning on him.

Who was that? What were you doing? Is she your type now? I’m not good enough for you now? She shouts these things at him in the middle of the sidewalk.

He keeps trying to explain himself, grabbing for her as she yells, but she remains unmoved and angry. No matter what his face reveals, she can’t get the image out of her head. That girl is the type he’s supposed to be with, not with her. It’s all it takes to break the rest of her heart that day.  

She walks away from him now, back the way she came, and she doesn’t know if he’ll come after her or not. But she wants, needs him to.

 

Losing A Game (Victoria)

Victoria doesn’t know how or when it happened, but she fell for him. Hard. Harder than anyone. She’s surrounded by other artists, and they all know the routine, the lifestyle, but she finds that he’s the only one she can relate to. He’s the only one she can go to with all of her fears and worries, and he can free her of them.

They have to hide what they have because he’s an artist too and so much is riding on their personal choices. But in the privacy of her room with her ear to the phone, listening to his calming voice, she takes pride in her defiance. She wouldn’t be so reckless if she wasn’t in love.   

When they first decided to date, behind everyone’s back, including their individual companies, they’d stay up late into the night, talking about anything and nothing all at the same time. They’d address rumors and laugh at them, he’d ask her to send him a picture of her smile, and every morning, she’d get a picture of his bedhead and smiling eyes. They’d try and make the other hang up first, a childish game they both are ers for.

Their phones have become their connection to each other, but lately, the connection has been faulty.

Tonight, when she calls, needing him to be there, his phone rings and rings. She knows he’s free. He doesn’t have an event or a concert, and even if he did, he would’ve told her ahead of time.

The phone continues to ring until it can’t go on any longer. She imagines him in some dark nightclub with s, drunk and surrounded by women. Maybe he glances at his phone and ignores it on purpose or maybe the music is too loud for him to hear her call at all.

The phone slides from her hand, and she feels like crying. She re-evaluates that stupid hang-up game they play and decides that the person who stays on longer is the true loser because their heart can’t bare to let go. This means that she’s the loser, and it feels like she’s losing to him more and more these days.  

She abandons the phone on her bed and lies to herself, saying she’ll never lose to him again.

 

I Don’t Want to Lose You (Sulli)

Sulli’s been away from home as long as she can remember, but every time she goes back, he’s there. Her best friend from the time they were babies. He’s always kept track of her career and embarrassingly asks her how certain events went and to sign posters for his family. She just laughs and is grateful that he’s her biggest fan. After all, she’s always been his.

She always drags him to the old playground in their neighborhood, and they play and laugh until they can’t breathe anymore. With him, she can savor a piece of her childhood. She can smile and not be criticized for having too much aegyo. Each time, he’s cuter, taller and more articulate. He sees her as a woman, which is a relief since everyone always treats her like a child. But they still haven’t confessed to each other, the thing she knows is true.   

She always means to tell him what’s on her heart, but she doesn’t know if she’s ready. Every time she returns, she loses her chance, but assures herself that there will always be a next time.

Until one day she comes back, and he isn’t waiting for her. He’s not at home and playground is empty that day. She sits on a swing and waits alone. Not actually waiting though because she has this sad, strange feeling that she won’t get to tell him her true heart. Perhaps she was too confident and waited too long.

She says her confession over and over again in her mind, until finally she whispers out into the air, “I don’t want to lose you.”

But it’s too late, she thinks, because he’s not going to come this time.

 

These Words Are Hard to Say (Krystal)

He’s a lot older than her, but it doesn’t mean much. Krystal’s always been mature for her age, and he likes her cynical quips at everything whenever they’re in conversation. They met at an event, through her sister nonetheless, and she likes that he’s a businessman who has nothing to do with the industry. She’s surrounded by idols 24-7, and it’s nice to have a conversation about something other than performances, photoshoots, and image.

Their favorite thing to do as a couple is to go to an intimate coffee house or restaurant, where no one will follow and take pictures, and just… talk. Say the things that they think about all the time, debate each other until both of them win, and finish the date off with the usual confession of plans for their future. She won’t be an idol her entire life, and eventually, when she’s older, she wants to settle down with him.

But maybe she is more naïve and immature than she let on. Especially lately.

These days, they talk less. He seems occupied with his job, answering phone calls every other minute, checking his email, constantly excusing himself from the table. By the time he sits down for good, she’s out of topics to bring up and her food is cold. It occurs to her that he knows all about her life in the spotlight, where she’s traveling to, what her schedule is, but she hasn’t got a clue what’s really going on in his.

She wants to ask him who keeps calling. An old girlfriend? A woman he’s seeing secretly other than her? Or maybe he’s lost interest in her. Maybe she’s just another young girl. But how can she ask such questions? Saying things like this is too difficult.

So she sits there alone at the table after he excuses himself for a third time. She watches him talk outside of the window and wonders how the conversation will go when he wants to break up.      

 

Author's note: So what did you think? Which one did you like the best? Please review!! If you have some criticisms, I welcome them but please do it respectful with the intention of helping me better my story writing. Also, if you'd like the short alternate endings to each of these stories, I'll post them. Thank you!