Kissa Kissa Kiss Kiss Kiss

Kiss Your Dreams

PROLOGUE

Hanyang University, Seoul, four months prior.

"Good afternoon. You sent for me, Sungsaenim?" Beki poked her head inside the slightly ajar door of the office to the college dean. The old Professor Kim smiled and bade her entrance. Her accented Korean always elicited smiles within her peers but well, she's still learning. And she's proud she's able to survive first two months in Seoul without any translator at all.

"Yes, please take a seat." The old dean motioned for the chair in front of her huge mahogany desk and Beki occupied it uneasily. What could she have done that would warrant a meeting with the dean?

"Something wrong?" She asked when Prof. Kim didn't say anything and just regarded her with kind eyes.

"Ah, no." Another smile. Honestly, if she doesn't stop smiling, it's gonna be really creepy! She thought. "I just want to congratulate you. You see, this is a pilot program for the college and you've successfully erased our worries. Your Korean improved exponentially since you arrived and your academic perfomance is examplary."

"Kamsahamnida, Sungsaenim. I am lucky to get accepted here and I want to make the most out of my stay." She replied politely and released her breath (that she didn't know she was holding) gradually.

"Well, speaking of making the most out of your stay, we're sending you to an apprenticeship in a week's time. You'll be taking regular Saturday classes and the rest of the week, your teachers will coordinate with you through email. Are you okay with that?"

"Does my visa cover for that?"

"The company you'll be working for arranged everything. I sent over your credentials the other day and they're impressed. So don't worry about it." She fumbled for a folder from one of the desk drawers and handed it to Beki.

"Oh." Was the only thing that she could say. She can't help but worry though. School and work were two different things and she can't tell if she'll fare just as well in the real world. She's a student from Stanford University in California and when Hanyang posted an exchange student program for a newly developed International Business course, she applied right away. Not only it was a good opportunity to study abroad, it's also in Seoul, South Korea where her favorite Korean boy band SS501 reside. You can imagine her bouncing from ceiling to floor and wall to wall when she got accepted. Even though the last couple of months was crazy she didn't even have the chance to hunt them. Yes. Hunt them. She was planning just that if time permits. Especially Kim Hyun Joon.

She must have spaced out a bit 'cause the next thing she heard was, "Their driver will pick you up, tomorrow. Do you have any questions, Beki-sshi?"

"Huh? Ah, a-aniyo." What did she say?

***************************************************************************************

"Beki-yah. . .can I ask you a huge favor?" Ki Bum was holding her shoulders firmly, almost shaking her. His eyes were wide and she gaped at him in surprise when he just popped out of nowhere, scaring the living daylights out of her.

"Hey! You gave me a fright!" She yelled in English and his face scrunched up in confusion.

"What did you say?" He looked betrayed.

"Aish! Nevermind. Do you really have to scare me like that to ask me? What is it anyway?" She said while straightening her shirt.

"My brother's coming to visit. And he couldn't go through the normal entrance so can you pick him up from the back and take him to where we're gonna be later?" His hands were clasped just below his chin, lips pouting. He must be thinking he was cute -- well, he was. . .but!

"Y-Your. . .b-brother?" My wide eyes looked past Ki Bum's shoulders only to see Soo Hyun a few feet away from us. His expression unreadable. He just walked past me and Ki Bum without saying anything and closed the door to the dance studio with a loud bang.

"What's his problem?" Ki Bum murmured to himself and Beki didn't know why she's feeling guilty. "Yeah, my brother. Can you? The noonas here are all becoming nosy and I don't want to piss him off. He'll choreograph this new song and. . ." He went on and on and on. Was Ki Bum really asking her to pick Hyun Joon up -- her ultimate crush? Why did that sound so. . .far off? When months ago, she would trade everything just to meet him?

She'd been working for NH Media for almost four months now. This apprenticeship didn't only give her a very good training, she also gained new friends. Who would have thought she'll be working closely with the very famous idol group U-Kiss? She was expecting a day job confined in an office to say the least but she had already traveled five different countries to join them in their much-anticipated Asian tour. And after an unfortunate accident Manager Hong was involved in two months ago, she was left with no less than management duties of a top Korean group. She didn't want to accept it at first 'cause she didn't really think she could handle it. But due to encouragement of the U-Kiss members themselves, she gave in. And to their account, they've all been good and very supportive.

Which probably was the root of the problem.

They've all been nice and accommodating and utterly comfortable around her that she was gradually but steadily falling into a sweet abyss. She can't possibly tell Ki Bum that she perfectly knew what the problem was with Soo Hyun. He'll probably tell Xander about it and being the head hyung that he was, he'll try to sort it out in his naggy sort of way and Soo Hyun will most likely kill Beki by then.

And she wouldn't blame him.

"Beki-yah? Are you even listening to me?" She can't believe she had blocked him off the entire time he was talking. She blinked once. Twice.

"Uh, yeah. Sure, I will. What time?" Might as well check if stupid heart will doki by the sight of Hyun Joon.

"4pm. Don't look for him. He'll come to you. Don't change clothes, araso? I'll text him what you're wearing." If this had happened months ago, she would have cared. Even if she's always presentable, she would have wanted to go an extra mile to prettify herself; she's meeting Hyun Joon anyway -- for the first time. But that wasn't the case anymore.

All because of the guy who had reduced himself into staring at her blankly and banging doors harshly.

She proceeded walking like a ghost to the admin offices, different thoughts swimming in her head.

[flashback]

"Tell me again why we're here?" House music was almost indicernible inside VIP room they were in. If one will peer at the two-way viewing window overlooking the the round dance floor, they will see Eli, Ki Seop, Ki Bum and Kevin exhausting themselves in the dance floor, surrounded by all sorts of females. Dong Ho was nowhere near the legal age and he was absent while Xander was sleeping like a log in one of the couches after having tequila one shot too many.

"Huh?" Soo Hyun looked up from his rockglass like he just remembered Beki was there. The exasperation in her voice was apparent. Clubbing wasn't one of her things but Ki Bum and Kevin managed to make her come along.

"When will they ever get tired of dancing and finally decide to go home, huh? So annoying!" She reached over for a now-cold kebab and her arm accidentally brushed on Soo Hyun's. Before she can make a grab for it however, he snatched her arm and kissed her hungrily on the mouth. She froze on the spot and it took her lightyears to wake up from the trance. But even when he pulled away, she can still feel the heat of his lips on hers, gently caressing, coaxing her to open up; which she didn't. She's glad she didn't!

He stared at her for a long moment, eyes blazing with untamed desire. She wasn't able to take it that she was first to look away, heart hammering painfully against her chest. Why was it such a big deal? It wasn't her first kiss for crying out loud!

"Nan dangsineul johahaeyo. Nan jeongmal dangsineul johahaeyo." He said slowly, almost like the words hurt him.

"You don't know what you're saying. You're just drunk." He slammed the rockglass on the table harshly that she was surprised it didn't shatter into pieces. Xander stirred from his sleep but luckily he didn't wake up.

"If you don't like me back then fine! But don't judge what I feel just because you like to think you know everything!" He towered over her, his slender frame casting a dark shadow that was almost formidable. Soo Hyun was always goofing around, with a ready smile for everyone, be it fans or staff. But this other side of him was unknown to her. "Do you think I like what I feel?! Do you think I like seeing you being so popular with the guys?! Do you think I am a masochist indulging in some kind of hurt-trip?" He let out a dark chuckle. "Then you can think again." That exact same moment, the door to the VIP room opened and admitted Ki Bum and Eli.

"Oh, hey. Something wrong?" Eli asked, wiping the sweat off his forehead.

"I'm about to get you guys, am not feeling well so I think I'll go ahead. If that's okay." He asked tentatively, not really meeting the eyes of the other members.

"Then I guess I'll drive you home." Eli said readily, fishing for his phone and keys. Designated drivers for the night didn't drink a drop of any alcoholic beverage and Eli was one of them. She was really proud that they were responsible that way.

"No, it's okay, really. I'll just take a cab." He said, moving for the door.

"What are you saying, Hyung? I'll take you home and that's final." Eli was out the door even before Soo Hyun can say anything. They locked eyes for a moment before he sought the younger boy out.

"Did something happen?" Ki Bum asked, eyeing her from the rim of his water goblet.

"A-Aniyo."

[end of flashback]

Before she knew it, it was already 4pm and she sauntered to the back of the building near the empty garage. Most of the employees park their cars out front for more mobility.

"Beki-sshi?" She jumped up in fright when she heard the oh-so-familiar voice that she listened to over and over again on her iPod. She bowed right away.

"Annyong hasseyo, Hyun Joon-sshi."

"Aish. . .you don't have to be so polite." He chuckled. "I'm just a little bit older." To say that she was stunned when he snatched her hand to pull her inside the building was plain absurd. She reassessed her feeling. Nope. No doki. Nada. Zero. Nil. Zilch. Nothing. How did that happen? She fantasized for this thousand times before in her head -- asleep or not. Now that it's finally happening, how can her stupid heart not DOKI?!

Deep inside, she knew the reason and she didn't know how to feel about it. Her mind must be really wandering somewhere else because she didn't even realize they arrived at the break room where the U-Kiss members were and they were all gaping at their entwined hands. Especially Soo Hyun. But unlike the rest of the members who were teasing them about it, he was silent with that perpetual scowl on his face.

At first, she was feeling awkward because of the extra attention Hyun Joon was giving her and the daggers Soo Hyun kept sending her direction. But it turned out Hyun Joon had a unique sense of humour and the awkwardness gradually disappeared. He teamed up with his brother Ki Bum and with their antics, Beki was nearly on the floor laughing her tonsils off. Not until Soo Hyun practically scooped her from her seat and dragged her outside.

Before her thoughts could linger on the slight pain from being slammed onto the wall harshly and probably think of words to lash Soo Hyun with, he was kissing her like there's no tomorrow. His kisses were no less than demanding and quite. . .punishing. What amused her more was that she actually responded with equal fervor, making up for all the days they acted indifferently with each other. She wrapped her arms about his neck and pulled him closer. His kisses became gentler, coaxing but no less than hot.

They didn't even know how they were kissing until cheers errupted from nowhere. The rest of the guys including Hyun Joon were watching them. Eli and Ki Seop were even filming it with their phones while Kevin was busy covering Dong Ho's innocent eyes.

"Yah! Get a room, you two!" Xander yelled.

"Ki Bum and Hyun Joon were highfive-ing each other. "Mission accomplished! Thanks, Hyung!"

"W-What?" She croaked, resembling a beetroot.

"You guys should be called Dumb and Dumber. You clearly like each other but were too dumb to be together on your own. Boy, did we need an import! Good thing Hyun Joon-hyung gave us a hand." Eli explained with a laugh.

"You. . .set this up?" Soo Hyun narrowed his eyes. "Yah!" And he was chasing the rest of the members around NH Media.

THE END