-// 3

Rain, Roses, and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The clouds scared the stars as the night seemed to be gloomy. It was not raining but it surely would, sooner or later. He checked his watch and noticed that it was almost 8 PM. So, Heechul won the bet—he smirked. Though it was not necessarily raining, the fact that the latter did not come to his shop meant that he got an umbrella with him, or simply he really stood no chance to get to know Heechul more.

Not going to lie, a part of him did hope that Heechul would forget his umbrella and came to his shop again. But he guessed flower shop romance happened only in the novel he read when he was a teenager. He sighed and quickly dismissed his slight hope. 

 

He was about to throw the trash into the big dumpster next to his shop when the rain started to pour harder. He clutched the two big trash bags and ran under the rain. It was when he turned around, intending to sprint back to his shop when he caught a glimpse of a figure staying at the bus stop, alone.

 

The last bus had departed half an hour ago and whoever was there clearly intended to seek shelter from the pour. And his smile shyly peeked, remembering some particular guy who also loved to look for shelter for he forgot his umbrella—who happened to also send butterflies to his guts thanks to his beautiful smile. Even thinking about him was enough to make his stomach feel weird. So silly, he thought. He cast another glimpse towards the bus stop and his heart stopped beating. 

It was not a random person. 

It was him. 

 

 

 

-///-

 

 

 

his life—he tossed his head back that it hit the cold material behind him but he could not care less. His life was indeed freaking comedic torture. At least, the two umbrellas he left, albeit he already prepared the night before on his coffee table this morning, agreed. And now, other than being trapped under the rain, with a dead phone as if it were a new take, he was starving as hell for he had already been here for ages. He did have an option, to grab a taxi for example. But given the very heavy pour and the bare minimum of vision, he could barely see what was on the street and vice versa. Or another option, he glanced back at the blinding sign of the flower shop behind him. But it was impossible. It was not that he was against treating Leeteuk dinner, but the idea that the said shop owner would find him just plain dumb for not bringing an umbrella for the third time or even worse, thinking he was that desperate to go on a dinner with the latter made him pivot on his track and hid in this bus stop alone. 

 

 

 

"I won."

 

His heart dropped to his stomach when he heard the familiar warm voice. He unconsciously glanced to his right and he did not know whether to laugh or cry when Leeteuk, with a typical umbrella, standing beside him. 

His annoyance was slowly washed over the moment Leeteuk cracked a smile as he took a seat beside him, giggling. He let out an empty laugh as he dropped his head, a little embarrassed. 

 

"I swear I've put two umbrellas on my coffee table just so that I won't forget it but," he laughed at his carelessness. 

"I guess God wanted me to treat you dinner."

Leeteuk took a lungful air and stood up, "I need to lock my shop and we can go right after. Sounds good?" 

 

 

 

-///-

 

 

 

"Gosh, the rain is getting harder," Heechul sighed, observing the big

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter