END

Puppy Predicament!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is one fine~ day in the fromis_9 practice room. The girls had just finish their dance routine for the afternoon and would be resuming in the late evening. Everyone was just pretty much doing their own thing at the moment. Lazing around, continuing to practice, filming with the camera that the company gave them for the sake of fm_1.24 or just idly resting on the floor.

 

“Pssssst hey Gyuri-unnieeee!” Jiwon whisper-exclaimed at Gyuri to catch her attention while she was wiping her sweat.

 

Gyuri turned around with an unimpressed look, “What?”

 

“Come over here!” Jiwon gestured that Gyuri went over to her, so she did.

 

“What do you want?”

 

Jiwon grinned, “Look at what I got on Bunj*ng!”

 

Gyuri tilted her head sideways in confusion, “What is that? An energy drink??”

 

“Look carefully!” Jiwon handed the drink-like object in her hand to Gyuri, who carefully examined it, “… What the heck is this? ‘Turn into a puppy for a day! It’s like magic!’??? What is the sketchy drink…” Gyuri rolled her eyes, “Actually, why did you even think it was a good idea to waste money on this?”

 

“Oh come on you’re no fun, unnie!” Jiwon pouted, “It sounded sketchy and interesting THAT’S why I got it!”

 

“Okay, not my business then,” Gyuri coolly tossed it back into Jiwon’s hands who almost failed to catch it.

 

“W-Wait! No! I wanted you to test it!”

 

Gyuri crossed her arms, unamused, “Why me?”

 

“Because you’re gaejookie!!!”

 

Gyuri turned around and was about to just walk away before Jiwon literally stopped her with a firm grip on her wrist, “Okay okay!! It’s for Jisunnie!!”

 

“Jisunnie???”

 

“Yeah, did you call me??” Jisun, who heard her name, looked towards Gyuri and Jiwon and before Gyuri could answer, Jiwon leapt up and silenced Gyuri with a palm over her hand with a sheepish grin, “Nothing! Nothing!!”

 

Jisun raised a brow at the both of them who were literally bickering for a moment now before going back to fiddling with her phone.

 

“What was that for?!”

 

“It’s a surprise okay! Keep it down!” Jiwon said, whisper-exclaiming again.

 

“Well you’re the one who’s saying things loudly!”

 

Jiwon groaned, “Okay look. Jisunnie’s birthday is tomorrow right?”

 

“Yeah so?”

 

“Take this drink and become a puppy for a day! There’s no harm…!”

 

Gyuri, still super sceptical, took the drink from Jiwon again and studied it even more carefully, trying to find some kind of side-effect or some form of warning just so she could convince Jiwon that she didn’t want to do it. Alas, her examination was in vain, and with the way how Jiwon was pleading her, she might as well just get it over and done with.

 

“Why me?”

 

“Because it just has to be you! Come on! Please…! It’ll make Jisun super duper happy…!”

 

Gyuri’s mind trailed off to whether it was because it’s possible Jisun had a little crush on her after all. She didn’t intend to and always shrugged it off as hearing things wrongly but she stumbled upon Jiwon and Jisun who were talking seriously in the kitchen one evening and overheard some things she probably shouldn’t have knowledge of. Especially the reason why Jisun decided to move out as her roommate and swap with Jiheon. It was to preserve her sanity because Jisun had unknowingly fell in love with Gyuri though she’s done pretty darn well to hide it from everyone.

 

The third oldest of fromis_9, who kind of harbours a minor crush on her once-roommate too, shrugged and looked at Jiwon seriously.

 

“I’ll do it on one condition.”

 

“Yay! What is it?”

 

Gyuri literally shoved her face right in front of Jiwon with a death glare, “You’re drinking this with me.”

 

“Eh?”

 

“Otherwise I’m not doing it,” Gyuri shrugged.

 

“Okay okay! Fine! I’ll drink half you drink half. Deal?”

 

“Deal. But before that…” Gyuri took a glance at Jisun before turning back at Jiwon, “What does this dumb science project of yours have to do with Jisunnie?”

 

“She told me she’s been wanting to own a puppy in our dorm and we obviously can’t. I thought of giving her a stuffed toy of a puppy but then this came up on the search result and I was like… ‘why not?’.”

 

Gyuri sighed. Jiwon WAS pretty spontaneous as expected. Her ideas would just change in a millisecond if she finds something else more interesting.

 

Guess she’s doing this.

 

“Fine then,” Gyuri twisted the cap open, and took a sniff. There was no odour—nothing, “I’m just doing this to satiate your curiosity, you know that right?”

 

“Oh come on, it’s not like you’ve prepared a present for Jisunnie yet so puppy-fying yourself for a day would be fantastic!”

 

Gyuri was flustered by that comment—Jiwon literally hit the nail on the head. She was struggling for a few days to find something for Jisun but has yet to find something that the younger of the two might want. So she had been procrastinating till now—well—till Jiwon brought up this outrageous idea.

 

The older of the two shrugged again before shutting her eyes tight as she bravely drank half of the ‘puppy potion’ and she was surprised at how plain it tasted—heck, it didn’t taste like anything at all! It just felt like she had taken a sip of water.

 

She was perplexed but then she quickly passed it to Jiwon who did the same but exaggerated after finishing the drink as if she had a nice, refreshing sip of lemonade or some form of carbonated drink.

 

“… So…”

 

Jiwon was confused too, “… Umm…”

 

Gyuri chuckled, “Oh well, that was nothing after all—”

 

Before she could continue, her head started to spin. Her heart started palpitating uncomfortably. She was having shortness of breath and basically she just felt like she was about to faint any second now. She could also see Jiwon starting to rub her temples and looking as shocked as Gyuri was.

 

“J-Jiwonnie… What… is going on…”

 

“Crap… this is… bad…….”

 

As Gyuri collapsed, Saerom and Seoyeon who were on the other side of the room saw from the mirrors in front of them since they heard a weird thud and a clank from the drink that Jiwon was holding and quickly stood up from where they were to check on Gyuri and Jiwon, who had collapsed.

 

“Gyuri??? Jiwon???” Saerom shook them and Seoyeon did the same.

 

The rest of the members, alerted, then went towards them and were panicking.

 

“What happened?!” Hayoung exclaimed.

 

“I don’t know! These two aren’t moving…!” Seoyeon responded with a worried tone of voice.

 

“S-Should I call our manager?!” Nagyung asked.

 

“N-No… wait…” Saerom said as shock painted her face. While everyone was panicking, her and Seoyeon couldn’t believe what happened before their eyes.

 

They had both shrunk into puppies—two golden retriever puppies to be exact, with ‘Gyuri’ being the slightly bigger one. Both of them were trying to wiggle off their clothes that were draped over them like a cloth.

 

“WHAT THE HECK IS THIS?!?!?!?!” Seoyeon yelled.

 

“Oh my gosh that’s so cute!!!” Chaeyoung squealed, “Where did those puppies come from?!”

 

Jiheon spotted the empty drink can next to Jiwon’s puppy form and picked it up, looking at it and realising what had happened, “… I think those puppies are Gyuri-unnie and Jiwon-unnie…”

 

“Jiheonnie, you’re being delusional. How can that be?” Chaeyoung laughed hysterically.

 

“… No she’s right… they’re… Gyuri and Jiwon,” Saerom said, still in shock as she tried to calmly take both puppies into her arms.

 

“I mean…” Jisun started, putting pieces of the puzzles in her head while she assesses the situation. “… That’s the only logical conclusion….” She knelt down and picked up pieces of both Gyuri and Jiwon’s outfits and starte"d folding them neatly, “Otherwise why are Jiwon and Gyuri-unnie’s practice clothes lying around here when they didn’t even leave the room?”

 

“Jisun-unnie is right,” Seoyeon said, trying to calm down while looking at the puppies, “It makes sense that these puppies… are Gyuri-unnie and Jiwon-unnie then…”

 

“T-This is a bad joke right? But hasn’t April Fool ended ages ago???” Chaeyoung said, voice shaking a bit due to the uneasiness building inside her, “What do we even do now?! Do we tell our managers our members changed into literal puppies?!”

 

The smaller puppy a.k.a. Jiwon was already struggling to get out of Saerom’s grasp due to how long she had been holding both Gyuri and her while Gyuri-puppy was calmly and comfortably enjoying Saerom’s warmth.

 

“I-I think we should just stay silent about this… for now,” says Saerom as she knelt down and let go of both puppies—Jiwon-puppy already running around the practice room and hopping about gleefully while Gyuri-puppy calmly walked towards Jisun and used her paw  to catch her attention as she was still folding her members’ clothes.

 

Jisun couldn’t help but smile warmly at the puppy and pat its head, “If you’re the calm one…” She started softly before glancing at Chaeyoung, Seoyeon and Nagyung trying to chase another puppy running wild in the room, “… then you’re Gyuri-unnie and that’s Jiwon huh.”

 

Gyuri-puppy kept trying to place her paw on Jisun’s hand, wanting more pats and Jisun just continued to the puppy’s fur lovingly, “It’s weird if I think of you as Gyuri-unnie but… I can’t deny you’re absolutely adorable like this.”

 

The puppy responded by knocking off Jisun’s hand and leaping into the space between her folded legs and rested comfortably there like a cat—more so than a puppy. It amused Jisun and she let out a giggle.

 

“Honestly, Gyuri-unnie looks like she has an identity crisis at this point. She’s literally like a cat…” Jiheon rolled her eyes and sighed when she came up to Jisun who went back to folding the last remaining piece of Jiwon’s clothes.

 

“I wonder if they understand us though…”

 

Jiheon looked at the empty drink again that she had shoved into her pocket, “No idea. I only know that this ‘potion’ lasts for a day. So by tomorrow they’ll be back to normal.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter