Final! :)

Someone like you

 

Finally, the chapter is up! I hope you enjoy this :) Thank you to all 7 subscribers <3 seriously, you put smile on my face. So anyway, I hope this fanfic doesn't disappoint you since this is my first time writing sad fanfiction.... ENJOY :) Please review, too. Annyeong!!! ^^ 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I heard that you’re settled down,

That you found a girl and you’re married now…

 

“You know, unnie, that Jung Soo guy is married?” Yoona said through the phone.

“What?” Taeyeon on the other line jumps from her seat hearing the name Yoona just mentioned “Which Jung Soo are you talking about?”

 

‘Please, not that Jung Soo’ Taeyeon prays in her heart wishing that a particular guy is not the one who is married.

 

“You know…” Yoona pauses “Park Jung Soo, the one who sticks with you on your final year in high school?”

“REALLY?” Taeyeon finally stand up from her seat “When? With who?”

 

“Hoo, you can’t be still not over him. Unnie, I thought you are really over him. Umm, he is getting married to someone named Kang So Ra if I am not mistaken” Yoona said.

 

“Ka-Kang So Ra?” Taeyeon re-asked.

“Aha” Yoona said “Anyway, unnie, are you invited?”

“Umm, well, I believed they lose my address since I’ve moved and—“ Taeyeon’s words interrupted.

“Unnie, honestly, are you invited or not?” Yoona asked.

“Fine. No. He didn’t invite me at all” Taeyeon said grumpily as she approached her bed and covered herself with blanket.

 

“The wedding was last week” Yoona said lazily “Anyway, unnie, I have to go”

“To eat… right?” Taeyeon sighed.

“Wow” Yoona sounds surprised “How did you know?”

“I know you too well” Taeyeon said “Bye. See you around” Taeyeon hanging up.

 

‘Park Jung Soo’ Taeyeon sighed ‘he is married’

 

I heard that your dream came true,

Guess she gave you things, I didn’t give to you

 

“If only I let him reach his dream, he would still be with me” Taeyeon crumpled in her blanket.

 

Flashback… (6 years ago)

 

“Final year in high school is….” Taeyeon paused “is… Well, what do you think?” Taeyeon turned to the man on her right.

The man in high school uniform with black thick spectacles glancing back at Taeyeon, smiling slightly showing his one-side dimple near his lips “I think it is the happiest year in my life”

“Why you think so? Is it because you can achieve your dream after this?” Taeyeon asked “hmm, Park Jung Soo?”

“Umm, it is because of…” He smiled and get closer to Taeyeon’s ear and whispered “you”

 

Taeyeon widened her eyes as she looked around to see if there are people around before she looked directly at Jung Soo “Really?”

“What? Do I sound like I am lying?” Jung Soo pouted.

“No. But why me?” Taeyeon looked into his eyes; searching for the lines of lies but she can spot none.

“I don’t know; I mean I am the most happiest when I am with you. The thought of marrying you after I achieved my dream makes me even happier” Jung Soo said.

Taeyeon suddenly felt her cheeks started to burn up and turned pink “Well, what is your dream?”

“Me? Umm, I want to be a singer” Jung Soo said “I want to write and sing few songs for you”

 

“Ayee” Taeyeon punched Jung Soo’s left arm.

“Yah. It’s real! I am not joking” Jung Soo chuckled and checked his watch before gasping “Oh! We’re late for class!” He stood up and dragged Taeyeon by hand to their class.

 

Flashback ended…

 

Taeyeon stand up from her bed and walk to the wardrobe next to the door and opens the door slowly. She begins to scan her eyes along the wardrobe finding for a particular thing. She bends down and let her 2 hands work on the 3rd level of the wardrobe; she smiled as she finally gets a grab of it. She took it out and she began to caress the dust on it; the photo album. She brings the album to the study table and opens it slowly; hesitation begins to control her mind.

 

‘If I do it, my heart will hurt. If I didn’t… Aish. He is married anyway’ Taeyeon’s mind said.

 

She begins to lift the front cover and roams her eyes at the first page of the album showing the picture of her and Jung Soo standing side to side on the graduation day. Slowly, the old, familiar memory starts to replay like an old movie.

 

Flashback… (5 years ago, one year after graduation)

 

“Taeyeon-ah” Jung Soo tapped his girlfriend’s shoulder after founding her sitting at the corner of the café.

“Oh, here you are” Taeyeon said after turning her small head to get a look on him.

Jung Soo settled himself on the chair across Taeyeon.

 

Few seconds, a waiter came to take Jung Soo’s order and left after getting them.

 

“So, why you want to meet me today? I thought you said we can’t meet until this weekend” Taeyeon asked.

“I have something to tell you” Jung Soo smiled. He seemed so happy that his eyes scrunched up and formed his charming eyesmile.

“What is it?” Taeyeon straightened up “Just don’t say that you are going to marry me this quick” Taeyeon added but in whispers.

 

“Later after I got my drink” Jung Soo said.

Taeyeon nodded willingly as she looked suspiciously at Jung Soo.

“What?” Jung Soo asked sensing Taeyeon’s glare towards him

 

“Nothing, it just that-” Taeyeon said.

 

“Your drink is here, sir” the waiter finally came and placed Jung Soo’s drink on the table “Sorry to keep you waiting” the waiter bowed as he leave.

 

“Your drink is here. Now tell me what do you want to talk about?” Taeyeon said impatiently.

“Arasso” Jung Soo nodded and he grabbed his black backpack next to him and took out a piece of paper and placed in front of Taeyeon “Here”

 

Taeyeon widened her eyes after reading few lines. “You are becoming a singer” Taeyeon said. Something about the news seemed to make her unhappy.

“Yah, what’s with that face? Aren’t you happy? Your boyfriend is achieving his dream!” Jung Soo exclaimed.

“I know. It just that, when you debut you would- Nevermind” Taeyeon said before smiling “Congrats! Let’s go and celebrate!”

 

***

“Let’s break up” Taeyeon said through the phone. Although her voice seems cool but her tears flowed down her soft cheek. This is hard; the hardest time of her life.

 

“What do you mean?” Jung Soo said. He can’t believe it. Is it some joke from Taeyeon? If it is then it is not funny. Or if it is a prank then she successfully made him pranked.

 

“I heard about the contract. I know you can’t have any special relationship with anyone” Taeyeon said; trying hard not to sound so sad. She wants him to hate her and don’t remember her anymore “So before you said it, I think I should say it first”

 

“But, Taeyeon, you know we could date secretly. Trust me; I would try hard to see you every week. I will protect you. Please don’t do this to me” Jung Soo said

 

“Won’t you get tired and sick of spending your free time with me instead of resting after your work?” Taeyeon asked “Until when do you think you can protect our relationship? Do you think you can always see me? You are an idol, I know. I know it would be harder after your popularity rises later. I don’t want to be a burden to you”

 

“Taeyeon-ah. Please, don’t be like this” Jung Soo eyes turned red and watery. ‘This is crazy’ he thought.

“I am clear and I won’t change my mind” Taeyeon hung up.

“Taeyeon-ah!” Jung Soo shouted through the phone.

 

After she hung up, only tears are coming out without him. Those memories that she created with him must be removed no matter what. She knew the fact that without him, she can’t live but she have to let him go so he can reach his dream and would rise further up without worrying about her. The rain outside camouflaged the sound of her sobbing. The rain seems to react to her feeling and began to fall even hardly as she sobbing more hardly.

 

Knock, knock, knock; the sound of knocking by Mrs. Kim can be heard “Taeyeon-ah, Jung Soo’s outside. I have invited him in but he didn’t want to come in and said he won’t go home until you go outside”

 

She glanced at the watch. 7.32 pm, it’s only been 30 minutes since she cried non-stop thinking about the days she has to go on without him and now, he’s outside. On this rainy night, he came to find her. Oh, how could she have a heart to leave him outside?

 

‘I have to go out’ Taeyeon thought ‘he would get cold’

 

Deep inside her heart, she would never leave him sick and felt hurt. If God want to hurt someone between them, she rather want herself to be hurt not Jung Soo; anyone but not Park Jung Soo.

 

She quickly went out from her room with her coat and his coat that she wanted to give before. She went downstairs and grabbed an umbrella and sprinted out to get him.

 

He was standing there, watching her and every step she took. ‘She is here’ he thought. Never did he think that he would see that beautiful woman again. Taeyeon approached him and held the umbrella between them.

 

“What do you think you are doing?” Taeyeon asked.

“It’s not me you should ask, it’s yourself! What do you think you are doing? What made you said that word? Have you lost your mind?” Jung Soo shouted.

Taeyeon don’t dare to stare into his eyes and just wrapped him with the coat “Come with me. We’ll find somewhere to talk about this”

 

Taeyeon walked beside him with her left hand holding the umbrella but when she felt a hand beside her took her free hands and entwined them, she gasped. Jung Soo tightened his grip on Taeyeon’s hand to emphasize that she has to be back to him. Taeyeon on the other side felt guilty. Although she wanted to let go but she just let it be. Just let it be the last time they doing that.

 

They both finally find a place where they could have a silent conversation. The checked the place. It was perfect; no one was there, not even any single sound can be heard. It just him and her. There they were in his practice room; the place where he sweated and cried in, the place where he tried so hard in to achieve his dream, the only place he would go if he’s not with Taeyeon.

 

Both of them settled down at the corner of the room and glanced to each other face; observing every single thing on each other’s face. To Jung Soo, his glance may make Taeyeon change her mind but to Taeyeon, it is the last time she would to that.

 

“Why do you suddenly want to get away from me?” Jung Soo asked. ‘Break up’ is a taboo word for him, he would never ever say it. He never believes the thing Taeyeon said on the phone earlier. He came to see Taeyeon because he wanted Taeyeon to realize from her stupid imagination that is he would leave her when he becomes famous.

 

“I just think it is not right for us to date anymore” Taeyeon said in her small voice hoping she can’t be heard. Guilty has just controlled her mind. She felt guilty for decided to leave him. She felt guilty for letting him waited outside her house in rain. She felt guilty for… well, every single thing that she did to him that day.

 

“What do you mean?” He asked.

“I told you, you won’t be able to save our relationship as you become more famous” Taeyeon said, her voice thick “What do you think people will do to us if they found about us? I don’t care about receiving the death threats of your fangirl but I’ll be worried about you. How will you answered all the questions that the press would ask? How will you face all the enquiries in the company?”

 

“Look, I can handle all of those things that would go through us if people found about our relationship” Jung Soo said, no hesitation in his words “I am man. If I can’t protect my own relationship how am I going to save my career?”

 

Taeyeon fall silence. All of his words are true. There’s no more for her to say.

 

“Fine. If I ask you to leave your dream for me, would you do it?” Taeyeon voiced out.

“Umm, that—Well, I…” Jung Soo paused.

“You won’t, right? That’s it” Taeyeon asked.

“Kim Taeyeon, I have that dream since I am young. How would I forget it?” Jung Soo said, his voice raised slightly.

“I know in fact you want to reach that dream. Let me just leave” Taeyeon stood up but Jung Soo held her hand.

“So you are leaving me because of this? Isn’t it some kind of childish and lame reason? Don’t you love me anymore?” Jung Soo asked, his precious beads fell from his eyes

“I do love you. But I have to let you go. I’ll keep on holding on you if I don’t. If I keep on holding you back, you won’t be able to achieve you dream”

 

 Taeyeon walked away but heard Jung Soo’s last word “Sometimes it last in love but sometimes it hurt instead”

Her heart fell, she knew how he felt. She just felt the same.

 

I’ll remember you say

Sometimes it last in love but sometimes it hurt instead.

 

End of flashback…

 

Taeyeon’s heart sank as she remembered the whole story back. The wound in her heart has never been healed. Every single day, she remembered that man. Park Jung Soo.

 

Taeyeon grabbed her phone back as she remembered to call someone. She input the number and rang it.

 

 ‘If he is married, why you can’t just come up to him and say ‘congrats’?’ Taeyeon thought, ‘it wouldn’t be so wrong’

 

“Hello, unnie?” Yoona answered the call.

“Where do he and his wife live now?” Taeyeon asked.

“Which he are you talking about?” Yoona asked. Her voice clearly showed she was confused.

“Park Jung Soo” Taeyeon mentioned his name.

“Oh, you are lucky my boyfriend knows the address” Yoona gave the full address and hung up.

 

Taeyeon got it, she just has to go there and meet him.

 

 

***

‘Here I am, finally’ Taeyeon thought, clenching her fist. She led her hand to white door in front of her and knocked.

Not long after that, the door was opened by a man “Yes?” he smiled at first but when he was clear who is in front of him, his smile fade away.

“Hi” Taeyeon smiled

 

I hate to turn out of the blue uninvited

But I couldn’t stay, I couldn’t fight it.

 

“Jagiya, who is that?” a woman popped out from inside the house carrying a box. She widened her eyes as she gets a glimpse of Taeyeon.

 

“Oh, you are…” she began.

“Annyeonghaseyo” Taeyeon bowed “So Nyeo Shi Dae Taeyeon-imnida”

“Ah, yes. Kang So Ra-imnida” the woman bowed back. She is Park Jung Soo’s wife. How Taeyeon wish that the title is hers!

“Yes I know you. You are the actress; I am a fan of yours. Ah, here” Taeyeon handed out the gift she bought for them.

“Thank you very much. Oh, please come in” Sora invited Taeyeon with smile. She still didn’t know about the relationship between his husband and Taeyeon then. Maybe she thought Taeyeon was just being a good friend to Jung Soo.

 

“Jagiya, come on in” Sora said to Jung Soo. Taeyeon felt her blood suddenly boiling.

 

Taeyeon glanced to Jung Soo’s face as she steps in. She realized his face has been thinner, probably because of his hectic schedules. She realized his eyes wavered probably because of Taeyeon’s sudden turn up that caused him to be confused and shocked.

 

“We haven’t finish packing yet so, it’s a mess in here. Sorry about that” Sora said, apologetically.

“Oh, it’s fine. I was just visiting Jung Soo-sunbae” Taeyeon said.

“Oh, let me get you tea” Sora smiled as she stepped into the kitchen.

 

Taeyeon glanced back to Jung Soo who was just about to sit down at the couch nearby.

“So, how did you meet her?” Taeyeon began.

“Tae-Taeyeon-ah, I don’t know what the reason you are here is but you have to go” Jung Soo said.

“W-Why?” Taeyeon asked.

“You have to. If my wife found out about you and I then, I don’t know what will happen” Jung Soo replied, he lowered his voice.

 

“Sorry” SoRa voice suddenly cut the conversation “Have a tea, Taeyeon-sshi”

“Thank you” Taeyeon smiled as she began to drink.

Sora glanced at the watch and frowned slightly “Sorry, Taeyeon-sshi, I have to go somewhere now”

“Ne?” Taeyeon asked.

“I have shooting today” Sora said “I am sorry for that. Jung Soo-oppa doesn’t have any schedule today so I leave both of you here”

 

Sora turned to Jung Soo “Jagiya, I’ll leave first. If anything happens, just call me okay?” Sora pecked Jung Soo’s right cheek and left.

 

After Jung Soo is sure that Sora has left, he turned to Taeyeon “What brought you here?”

“I just come to see you” Taeyeon smiled.

 

I hope you see my face,

And that you be reminded that for me it isn’t over.

 

“Sorry for not inviting you to my wedding” Jung Soo said.

“I don’t think sorry is necessary. I know you did it for a reason. You don’t want whether me or her to get hurt, isn’t it?” Taeyeon replied.

Jung Soo nodded.

“I know” Taeyeon smiled.

 

“Are you meeting someone nowadays?” Jung Soo asked as the atmosphere turned a little comfortable. He felt that feeling when he used to feel 5 years ago.

Taeyeon shook her head “I want to find someone different. Someone like you”

Jung Soo stared at the woman next to him “Taeyeon-ah”

Taeyeon smiled before saying “Nevermind. Maybe you are mine in the next life”

 

Nevermind, I’ll find someone like you.

I wish nothing but the best for you too

Don’t forget me, I begged.

 

Both of them fell silent. Taeyeon suddenly stood up.

“I am leaving” She said and bowed “Take care”

“I hope we meet again” Jung Soo said.

Taeyeon nodded “Always remember me”

 

***

Taeyeon walked out of Jung Soo’s house with smile. She felt that the heaps of guilty that she felt has lessened. She no longer felt guilty since Jung Soo is married right now. Suddenly her small body bumped into someone else.

 

“Oh, sorry” Taeyeon said.
“Sorry” the guy replied.

 

Taeyeon looked up since the person is taller than her. Park Jung Soo! No way! He was inside his house just now.

“Jung Soo?” She asked the person.

The person just scratched the back of his head “Many people said that. But no, I am not Park Jung Soo of Super Junior. I am his twin brother”

“Twi-Twin brother?” Taeyeon asked “I have been friend with Jung Soo for a long time but why he never mentioned you?”

“Oh, we just met 3 years ago by chance” He narrated “Ah, my name is Park Leeteuk by the way” he bowed

“Yes, I am…” Taeyeon said.

“So Nyuh Shi Dae Taeyeon, right?” He replied in whispers “I know. Let’s find somewhere else to talk”

“Okay” Taeyeon nodded.

She has found him. Someone like him.

 

THE END