One; that night.

[ IRIS ] Mi-Jung & TOP

[Mi-Jung's POV]

That night was beautiful.

The sky was beautiful.

The stars were beautiful.

The empty bar was beautiful..

- and only because that was where I met you.

..and maybe because I was slightly drunk.

 

I was singing Big Bang's "Blue" when you appeared. I'm not quite sure at which point of the song, but I looked up when the bartender started playing the last verse on the piano, and that's when I saw you.

When I looked up, I was immediately trapped in those dark orbs of yours. Your stare on me was so powerful, I didn't even realize my mouth stopped moving, and my brain stopped working - until I heard the soft melody of the piano die away.

Our first words were yet to be exchanged. I slowly got up from my seat on the karaoke bar stool and stood cautiously for a bit - not wanting to scare myself more so than you.

You were angelic and demonic all at the same time. Your face was set with a blank expression, yet your eyes were telling a story. I wanted to know that story, I wanted to know all your stories. You were just that captivating.

You had on a grey button-down jacket overtop a black vest. The clothing was simple, but you looked stunning. I learned that day, you could wear anything and still look like a model. A gorgeous one, at that.

Your defined jaw-line only added more emphasis on your beyond-handsome face. You have high cheekbones, intense brows, and soft, rosy lips. You had it all, but yet again, your dark brown - almost black - eyes had more.

I finally approached you. Not ten steps separated us, close enough so I could pick out your smell from the rest of the bar. You smelt of pipe-smoke and strawberries. The earthy-wood smell enveloped you, and embedded in my memory. It added to your prescence, signifying to me that - you were indeed real.

Your pull on me grew stronger the closer I got. My heels made soft clicking noises that echoed off the walls of the bar.

Five steps. Two more steps.

I tilted my head up to look at you. Not only were you awestrickenly beautiful, you had the shape and figure enough to rival that of a Gods'.

Your broad shoulders were held up with confidence, yet with a sense of casualty. Your hands were by your side, hanging low past your bottom. Your legs were long and well-toned. Long hours at the gym peeking through the loose-fitting pair of pants you wore, and your feet were clad in pointed office shoes. Classy.

I found my voice again, at last.

"Are you the one?", I asked, innocence playing on my face. A shy smile tugged at my lips, wanting sweet escape, but knowing otherwise. Not, until at least, a reaction was given.

And then you smiled. A closed-lip, crooked smile that I will never forget. Not 'til the day that I die. It was heavenly, and my insides turned to jell-o. That moment was perfect, and I couldn't help but smile back. A smile of victory, a smile of courage, and a smile for the man standing in front of me.