Dear Diary, it's Kang Joohyun

Diary of Kang Joohyun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Happy Seulrene day thought the idea of Seulgi finding her wife Joohyun’s diary from the time she was a teenager and finding out that perhaps Joohyun loved her for a longer time than even Seulgi herself realized was kind of cute, so please enjoy



 

Weekends were for serious cleaning at the Kang house. The kind of detailed cleaning one could only do when they had the time for it.  Seulgi and her wife Joohyun would divide up their chores and spend most of that time getting them done. Two people working towards a goal was always better than one, especially for cleaning. Kang Seulgi reached into the jar for her next goal, pulling out an orange slip of paper. It was Joohyun’s idea to have this jar of chores and they’d pick accordingly. A fair system that never failed and everything got done no matter what with this system her wife had decided for them. The best parts were always when they would take breaks to spend that time together, whether it was for lunch, or taking a walk out in the backyard, or bothering each other at different times for much needed kisses. 

 

“Clean the attic.” Seulgi reads out the paper and can feel Joohyun’s big brown eyes looking at her with amusement. “Aw, the attic, Hyunnie.”

 

Joohyun smiles and leans forward to kiss her lips. “Well, someone has to, honey. I’m afraid of heights, you know.”

 

“Oh, yeah, use that as an excuse.” Even though Joohyun had been up there with her on several occasions as they mapped out plans to convert the attic into some sort of recreation room or even another liveable space entirely. Those were fun nights, talking about different floor plans, how they could use that space as a place of escape together if things in the real world were particularly complicated. 

 

“Hey don’t feel bad. I’m tackling the basement in return.”

 

Seulgi looks at her with a slight frown. The basement wasn’t even all that messy if Seulgi remembered correctly. At most Joohyun might need to tidy a few things up, and move a few boxes since Seulgi is positive they did clean that together before. 

 

“Alright, Hyunnie. Queen of the basement, get to work.” Seulgi teases, monolid eyes forming pretty crescent shapes. Joohyun pauses before laughing out loud at her silly wife.

 

“That’s right, as queen of the basements I banish you up to the attic. Don’t worry, we’ll break in about an hour for lunch. Does that sound good?”

 

It sounded great and now Seulgi was looking forward to breaking for lunch with her wife. But of course, she was never one to put off work of any kind. So she gets one more kiss from Joohyun before heading up to the attic. 

 

“Hey, Seul?”
 

Seulgi turns back around to see that soft smile. The kind of soft smile that Joohyun only reserves for her. It always makes Seulgi smile too and makes her feel incredibly special. Sometimes, Seulgi thinks back to when she was just friends only with Joohyun. Having known each other for such a long time, since middle school years, going through so many important stages of life together, like first days of high school, and university days. She always thought that Joohyun was the most amazing person she had ever met, and not for the obvious reasons of her beautiful face. Seulgi wasn’t the only one who found her beautiful, of course.

 

Many people found her beautiful, saying how she was a goddess, angel, or queen with her flawless features, big brown eyes, full lips, and actress looks. But Kang Seulgi loved Joohyun for all the things most of those people never bothered to notice. Like how loud she laughs when she is genuinely happy, or how cute she looks when she’s focused. Sometimes, Seulgi thinks she is lucky to have Joohyun as she could have had anyone she wanted. 

 

“Yes, Hyunnie?”

 

“I love you.”

 

And hearing that was always enough. “I love you too, Joohyun.”

 

Joohyun smiles as Seulgi cutely blows her a kiss and she catches it. Something they had done while dating and couldn’t reach each other before they could actually kiss. Something that had stayed a thing between them even while being married. Seulgi might feel like she’s the lucky one to be loved by Joohyun. While Joohyun really feels like the lucky one to be loved by Seulgi.

 

Seulgi is the most gentle and kindest person she has ever met. Seulgi who took her time to get to know her as a person, hear her innermost thoughts and fears, without judgement. Seulgi who makes her laugh louder than anyone ever could. 

 

“Okay, time to get to work.” Joohyun heads down to the basement. The chore jar had become her answer to getting things done efficiently and by splitting everything up. The house would typically get cleaned in a matter of hours, depending on what were the chores, and how many distractions they would provide to each other. Sometimes, Seulgi would come up to her and leave the sweetest kisses to her cheek that would naturally stop Joohyun from cleaning. Not to say Joohyun wasn’t just as guilty of distracting Seulgi, with back hugs or random cuddling that would usually delay them both. It was just too easy to want to be with her wife. That not even cleaning could stop her. But today, Joohyun was determined to stay on track. No matter how tempting it would be to sneak up to see what Seulgi was doing.

 

Joohyun was sure Seulgi had similar thoughts too. They would stay on task at least for an hour and then break for lunch. Very simple, and should be no distractions, at least not from one another. Because the moment Seulgi got to the attic. Her first thoughts were it didn’t seem as bad as she thought. The most she would need to do was dust and wipe a few things down. Probably look through a few boxes and see what could be donated. Seulgi did get a bit distracted, however. Because of the old paintings she recognized from her art classes back in college. Paintings she could never part with because they were all inspired by Joohyun. She remembered those late nights at her apartment. Joohyun would watch her draw and sketch, but would always ask her about her drawings because of being interested.

 

Seulgi smiles and touches one of the paintings. She could not part with it no matter what and moves them all to a corner of the room as she envisions what a spare room would look like. She and Joohyun could really make this liveable like an apartment if they wanted. That would be a conversation for later, however. Seulgi grabs a broom and dustpan and begins sweeping the floor. By the time she finishes that, Seulgi notices several boxes stacked up in the corner, and goes to see what’s in them. It could be something that could be donated to a good cause, and so she looks through the first box. Clothes that belonged to her and Joohyun in this one, and all of which can be washed and donated as there is nothing wrong with anything. Seulgi marks it with a marker for later donation. 

 

In the second box, there are albums and things she had collected over the years. Even some vintage LP’s all of which she kept. All sorts of music and genres. She can remember playing a few of them on her record player for Joohyun. The record player must be up here too, probably. They did try and take everything from their separate apartments before moving into their new house as they were married. Those were interesting times. Having conversations about what they should or shouldn’t bring. How they had to negotiate on several different occasions to make sure they were being considerate of each other’s feelings. They did work it out, as they always do whenever there’s any challenge ahead of them. Seulgi takes out one of the LP’s for later. Maybe if she finds her record player she can play it tonight for Joohyun like she had done before.

 

In the final box, there’s books. Nothing seems particularly special about them. A couple of novels, old sketchbooks some used, others never drawn in. Seulgi was close to putting the box away until she noticed a purple notebook. Curiously she takes it out and reads what it says.

 

“Diary of Kang Joohyun….”

 

Her wife’s journal? Though none she personally recognizes. She looks at the first page and judging by the sketches that lined the corner of the page, and date. This journal dates back to their highschool days. They were still friends then, but if Joohyun had addressed herself as Kang Joohyun…

 

“Hon?” Seulgi hears Joohyun calling her, sounding like she’s right down below. Seulgi closes the book and promises herself she will come back to it. Before heading down the stairs that lead back down to the rest of the house. She sees Joohyun standing there waiting for her.

 

“What’s going on, Hyun?”

 

“Lunch time, remember? I made sandwiches and soup, we can eat out on the backyard porch since it’s kind of warm out.”

 

Seulgi hadn’t even realized a full hour had passed. It felt like she barely did anything before Joohyun told her it was time for lunch. Not that the monolid woman would turn down food at any point. Something about the mere mention of food can make anyone suddenly hungry.

 

“Okay, let me just wash my hands and I’ll be right out.”

 

The shorter woman nods. But she does lean up toward her wife’s lips for a kiss, as it suddenly feels like it’s been way too long since she last kissed Seulgi. Though they’ve been married officially for more than a year. Close friends and family will often tease them that they are still very much in a honeymoon phase. And perhaps they are. Joohyun just loves Seulgi and they have always had a strong bond and connection. From their middle school days all the way until now. Nothing would be changing about that.

 

“Alright, but come down when you’re finished. I don’t want you turning into a grumpy bear because your sandwich got cold.”

 

“Haha.” S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter