❁ 𝔸𝕀𝕋𝔸 β„™π•†π”»β„‚π”Έπ•Šπ•‹ β€” 𝔼ℙ πŸ™: 𝔾𝔼𝕋𝕋𝕀ℕ𝔾 𝕋𝕆 π•‚β„•π•†π•Ž 𝕄𝕀𝕋𝕆

❁ π€πˆπ“π€ πŠπ‘π ❁ γ€š Bloom with us this Spring! γ€›β™₯
who is christian yu?
β™‘ 659
❝

Christian yu or more commonly known as Ian is a musician, producer, director and chief editor of dream perfect regime (dpr)

posted 00.00
β™‘ 559
podcast: on air
transcript

To our lovely listeners and viewers, we hope you’re having a nice night or day, whichever sphere of the world you’re currently in. Thank you for joining AITA’s first podcast. Here, we have our lovely Christian Yu to talk to us about his creative process with the birth and acknowledgment of MITO。

Also, I’d like to remind our listeners and viewers that they can comment down below their questions or anything they’d like Christian to hear while the podcast is on air. I would be reading these out to him so he can know your thoughts and support, thank you guys。—james reid

posted 00.00
β™‘ 659
james
So… Christian. The creation of MITO.Β  From my own research and all that you’ve told me at the launch of your album, MITO is your way of visually and creatively highlighting the alter ego within you, that you feel is most misunderstood, right? Is it also correct that this is your vision project in which you had a hand in all the production and creation of the album?
ian
DPR had an amazing cooperation with Adidas. We've worked with them before but this time around they let us join in on the design and promoting. I mostly had my hands on the promoting, directing and filming the little visual of an ad. We have a whole team of creative designers in DPR, too, they're also behind our DPR merch and costumes for our MVs.

The album is a very personal project of mine, I've worked on it for a good while and for instance No Blueberries that is playing right now is a song I actually pretty much finished around two years ago. As for my alter ego, my MITO, it's someone I've tried to ignore for years. I'm not sure how many know of this but I suffer from bipolar and I very much consider MITO as that part that battles the struggles of mental illness, too.

When it comes to the MVs and general visuals of MITO, it was my directing and production. Needless to say I've had the whole crew help me out a ton to bring it to life in many ways.
james
A creative process that includes a lot of talented and dedicated people to make art into reality. If that's not motivating, I don't know what is. Also, one of our avid listenersΒ  asked earlier:

I wanna ask Christian has he ever encountered an artistic block one of these days? how does he cope with it and overcome it?

It's a very well-rounded question and most of us can use some of your advice on that, man.

ian
Right! Thing is that even my artistic block is an inspiration. I can use even that. For instance 'Welcome To The Show,' I only worked on that song when I was in a specific state of mind and I'd do the same with a creative block. Worst case scenario, I'd simply do a change of setting. That has helped me immensely, too. Take your tools, change the studio up and set up someplace else. We've left Seoul city before just to get away and clear our mind, making sure we had keys and a computer to produce when inspo hits again.

It's Welcome To The Show because I only worked on it when I was at my all time lows, during my dips. I didn't touch it otherwise so you can imagine it took some time and also, well... some pain.
james
That is quite understandable. As a song-writer I've also had instances when I couldn't make a specific song or write specific lyrics for a while until I was alright enough to do so. It's nice to hear shared experiences from a fellow musician as well.
Β 
Though, like this video we're currently watching now. Your inspirations. Is it okay for me to talk about love with you, mate?
ian
Yeah? Go ahead, I'll be an open book.
james
Alright, what can you tell us about your current relationship right now? In what way does your relationship inspire you, in general?
ian
Oof! Why am I suddenly feeling shy?
james
It's alright, take your time. I think most of us are excited to hear a man of such a creative mind like you express his thoughts on his love.
ian
Truth is I didn't know much about love. I still don't, but I do know people. I know my person. So no matter how I see love, it will be different for all of us. In my case, I let go of having control of everything and something took over, something without a vessel. It's nothing we can describe, there's no word for it. Well, not a word that quite compares to the feeling at least. So everything I thought I knew about love has been completely erased, now I know love differently and it hasn't necessarily inspired me love-wise. I don't have a strong urge to create things about love, but I have a strong urge to showcase happier things. To romanticise the small things in life.Β 
james
I think that's beautiful, and I agree that it will be different for everyone. Love is such a broad spectrum but to see and hear you describe love this way, it's definitely a perspective I'd like to understand more of. Romanticizing the little things, I agree is an important part of enjoying your time and that love, so thank you for that, mate.
ian
My pleasure, man. I haven't been asked this before so it kinda shook some things in me, appreciate it. and yeah,Β My biggest lesson through the process of MITO is that even your weaknesses can become your strengths.
james
And that's personally why I think MITO is such a wonderful piece of art that you've gifted the world. It's truly an amazing part of your legacy. And as for what you just said, I think that is very important indeed, seeing one's weakness and really getting into the root of what we dislike about ourselves and learning to embrace and love that instead of resenting it. Or rather, give ourselves a chance to grow and be better from it.
ian
Amen to that!
james
Thank you, man. And for those who are still listening with us, I'm so glad to have been your host. This has been such a lovely treat. Is there anything else you would like to say to our members or your special someone, Ian?

And to our listeners and viewers, if you have any last-minute questions, now is the time to send them in.
ian
I'd like to express how ing grateful I am, this was a really nice way of showcasing MITO and my thoughts behind it. I'm grateful to you and I'm grateful to everyone who was willing to join. Today is a great day because I also get to finally visit Taemin since he enlisted, so I gotta admit I am on cloud nine right now! If this piqued anyone's curiosity, then I still have a lot to share about MITO and every individual song. You can always hit me up and I also enjoy listening to you guys' work, so catch me joining you when you're guesting on Aita's podcast!
james
here are some of the rapid-fire last-minute questions from our listeners.Β 

Hoshi asks: milk before or after the cereal?

roseanne asks: do you hate me because of my shoes joke?
ian
AFTER, of course. I'm not an imbecile. andΒ I couldn't ever hate you, RosΓ©.
james
and last but certainly not least, taemin would like to tell you and let you and everyone listening -Β 

taemin: not really a question, but more of a... input of my own. and he knows it, but once again, i'm proud of the person he is, of all the things he does and goes through and he still has a beautiful heart. you're the kindest, loveliest, immaculate human being and i'm very happy for your existence.

and that concludes our podcast. Thank you for this wonderful experience with you, ian. it's so nice of you to agree to this and be the first guest. I am looking forward to seeing more of your art and your music and vision. And for our listeners, thank you for joining the first episode of AITA PODCAST. For sending in your thoughts and comments, as well as the support and love for our lovely guest, Christian Yu. This has been such a lovely night. I bid you all a very dreamy sleep or a wonderful day, wherever you may be.
posted 00.00
β™‘ 389
posted 00.00
β™‘ 659
MITO
1:40
so beautiful
3:08
dope lovers
3:21
no blueberries
3:06
nerves
3:16
scaredy cat
2:51
welcome to the show
3:26
no silhouette
2:30
posted 00.00
β™‘ 454
track title
artist
posted 00.00
β™‘ 700
background

Moodswings In This Order, is a sonic embodiment of the phrase that art is not meant to look nice, it’s meant to make you feel something. That’s what DPR Ian has always strived for, from his childhood desire to capture the magic of watching the musical Cats, to being in a heavy metal band in middle school, to his desire to make it in Korea that led him to become part of the idol group C-Clown for three years. Now, he’s an artist and music business architect who can make listeners feel like they’ve entered into another dimension.

Β 

On Moodswings, DPR Ian takes fans on a unique journey through a character named β€œMito,” who embodies his reflections on his bipolar disorder. Through Mito, listeners are exposed to β€œthe beauty in the darkness” as DPR Ian paints a portrait of introspection, heartbreak, and a world where blueberries and ice cream shouldn’t mix.

posted 00.00
β™‘ 659
posted 00.00
β™‘ 659
posted 00.00
β™‘ 659
posted 00.00
β™‘ 659
posted 00.00
β™‘ 659
posted 00.00
β™‘ 659
posted 00.00
β™‘ 659
posted 00.00
β™‘ 659
posted 00.00
β™‘ 659
posted 00.00
β™‘ 659
posted 00.00
β™‘ 659
So beautiful

I love it when the skies can't sleep, I left a message encased in me。

no blueberries

I love it how you think I'm always this cool. Excusez-Moi I think I'm just a fool。

nerves

So you came around my house and you left your marks with your fingertips。

dope lovers

How many times we laugh through this moment just to hold back 'cause I think I know that you compromised this。

posted 00.00
β™‘ 200