Final

Don’t Leave Me~
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Don't leave me[/CONTENTID1]

 

[CONTENTID2]Final[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

[A/N: *sighs apologetically before starting to hand out tissues*]

 

“Hyukkie wait up!”

 

Donghae rushed down the corridors of the SM entertainment building, his feet clattering against the hardwood floor, panting as he skidded to a stop in front of the raven haired dancer. 

 

“What do you want?” Hyukjae growled, his dislike for the younger boy apparent in his features. 

 

The brunette flinched at the harsh tone. 

 

Donghae took a deep breath, mustering up the brightest smile he could manage. 

 

“Shall we practice the dance break together?” He asked softly, looking at the dancer with big imploring eyes.

 

His wide smile diminished when Hyukjae scowled. 

 

“I’ll practice on my own.” He replied curtly, before turning around to walk away.

 

“Wait but Hyukkie!” Donghae called out, grabbing onto the dancer’s arm, pulling him to a stop. “Didn’t we promise our dance instructor that we’ll practice together?” 

 

The raven haired man yanked his arm out of the other’s grip, making Donghae fall backwards slightly startled by the force of the action. 

 

“Stop calling me that.” Hyukjae hissed through gritted teeth. “And no, we didn’t promise our dance instructor anything. You were the one who went ahead and volunteered to practice together. I had nothing to do with it.”

 

“But I thought you wouldn’t mind practicing together.” Donghae said meekly, trying to stop the tears welling up in his eyes.

 

“That’s what you thought Lee Donghae.” Hyukjae growled, his fingers curling into fists. “You’re always thinking about yourself first! Maybe if you used your thick head a bit more, you’d realize what a ing nuisance you’re being!”

 

“You don’t mean that Hyuk- Hyukjae.” Donghae whimpered as a lone tear trailer down his cheek. 

 

The raven haired dancer scoffed. 

 

“You’re unbelievable.” He replied. “How many times to I have to tell you?! I don’t want anything to do with you! Stay away from me!”

 

Hyukjae heel, leaving the brunette frozen in spot.

 

Donghae ducked his head, tears running down his cheeks. His chest was clenching painfully and red marks were appearing on his palms were he had sunken his nails into them. 

 

“You don’t mean that Hyukkie.” The brunette said, sadly gazing at the disappearing silhouette of the dancer. “You can’t mean that. Not when I... Not when I love you so much.”

 

•••

 

Donghae sat alone in the SM cafeteria, staring wistfully as the other trainees bustled in loudly, laughing as they slapped each other’s backs. His gaze shifted back to Hyukjae, who was sitting at a table in the middle of the room, surrounded by the TVXQ members. 

 

Of course, that was the table to eat lunch at these days. 

 

TVXQ had been the hot topic amongst the trainees ever since they debuted a couple of months back, the five members already proving to be an indestructible team. Donghae could only wish that he’d be as famous as them someday.

 

Hyukjae bursted out laughing, his beautiful gummy smile on full display as he leaned over the table to ruffle Junsu’s hair. The brunette could only sigh as he saw happiness radiant from the raven haired dancer’s entire being as he clutched his stomach, hollering to whatever the joke his best friend had made. 

 

The brunette looked down at his untouched food, his eyes stinging. 

 

It hurt.

 

It hurt that the boy he loved only smiled when he wasn’t there. 

 

Donghae clenched his eyes shut, willing for his heart to stop beating so painfully against his chest. 

 

“Donghae?” 

 

The brunette’s head snapped up as he stared at the tall boy in front of him with widened orbs, looking like a deer caught in the headlights.

 

“Why are you eating alone?” Yunho asked, balancing a food tray on one hand and an energy drink on the other. “You can always come and eat with us. You know that right?” 

 

Donghae looked at the table where Hyukjae was still laughing, blissfully unaware of his gaze and sighed softly. 

 

He could’ve joined them. But if he did, Hyukjae would stop smiling. And there was nothing more he hated in the universe that to see the raven haired dancer lose his smile. Donghae didn’t like being lonely. He was someone who wore his heart on his sleeve and had enough love to spare for everyone. The feeling of loneliness haunted his entire being. But for Hyukjae, he would embrace the vast feeling of emptiness. He would do anything for Hyukjae’s happiness even if it meant sacrificing his own. 

 

“Thank you hyung.” Donghae replied softly, standing up holding his own tray of food. “But I’ll have to decline. I already finished eating anyway.”

 

Yunho looked down at the barely touched sandwiches on the tray before glancing back up at the brunette with concerned eyes.

 

“But-“ He started only to be cut off by the younger boy.

 

“It’s okay hyung.” Donghae murmured weakly. “I’ll get going now.”

 

He wasn’t okay. 

 

Donghae wasn’t okay at all.

 

But he still walked away from Yunho, his knuckles white with the strain of clutching the tray too tightly, his head bent down, his brunette locks falling over his eyes as if to make himself less visible.

 

He didn’t want Hyukjae to see him.

 

He didn’t want the the boy he loved to be disgusted by him and lose his appetite.

 

Hyukjae needed to eat well to stay healthy and then he can debut in an idol group and become the best dancer in the world. 

 

Donghae loved him so so much. Making sure that the raven haired boy ate well was the least he could do.

 

The brunette dumped the remnants of his lunch into the trash can, taking one last peek a Hyukjae before exiting the cafeteria. The other boy was grinning happily as he munched on his strawberry cake. 

 

And that soothed the dull ache in Donghae’s stomach that followed him the rest of the day. 

 

•••

 

“We’re what?!”

 

Gasps echoed the room as twelve boys stared at the man in the suit with utter bewilderment.

 

“You’re debuting. In a group called Super Junior.” The manager said, grinning as overjoyed yells filled the practice room. 

 

Donghae was almost crying with happiness. Five years of torturous training and they were finally debuting! He wouldn’t lie and say that that was the only good news he received that day. The brunette glanced at the raven haired dancer joyfully embracing Sungmin. 

 

He felt the usual pang in his heart and his wistful thoughts to be in Hyukjae’s warm embrace surrounded him. 

 

But he shook his head.

 

Donghae shouldn’t be disappointed.

 

Not when he and Hyukjae were going to debut in the same idol group. 

 

He should be thanking his lucky stars.

 

The brunette finally had a chance to make a better impression on the older boy. His feelings soared into cloud nine dreaming about how he would make Hyukjae like him. Donghae couldn’t help but fantasize about the possibility of a romance blooming from their time together. 

 

The brunette was heads over heels in love with the dancer. 

 

And somewhere deep in his heart, he hoped that the raven haired boy would feel the same way too.

 

Maybe he shouldn’t have raised his hopes up too high because it all came crashing down on him way too soon. He supposed it was his own fault for wandering around his new dorm trying to find Hyukjae, he just wanted to show older boy the view of the Han River from his window. And he really didn’t mean to eavesdrop on Hyukjae’s phone conversation with Junsu, but the room’s door was open and the raven haired dancer wasn’t being very quiet.

 

“Yeah that’s the only bad thing about it, Su.” The raven haired dancer sighed. “But who knows, maybe he’ll just give up after a few months.” 

 

The brunette’s fist which was just about to knock in the door stilled to a stop. 

 

“It’s horrible,Su! He’s such a stubborn brat.” Hyukjae ranted on, staring out of his own window completely unaware of the brunette’s presence behind him. “He keeps showing up everywhere I go! He says he’s just there to cheer me on but honestly I get all nauseated even looking at the sorry-excuse of an idol trainee!” 

 

Donghae bit his lip so hard that he drew blood as his fingers clenched around the soft material of his shirt. He wanted to run away. He wanted to deny the words he was hearing. But all he could was to stay frozen in spot while taking in every stinging remark that came from the beautiful plump lips of the boy he adored.

 

“I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter