final.

the gummy hoarder

 

“Yah, Ahn Yujin!”


 

Yujin's ears instantly perked up when she heard a very familiar voice calling her coming from behind. She turned her head a bit, peeking at her shoulders to see three women approaching her table which made her groan.


 

She averted her gaze and continued to read the book about anatomy, eyes sharply scanning the figures and small texts printed on the glossy paper. Soon after, she felt someone sitting beside her and even draped her arm around her, pulling her closer with an amused chuckle.


 

Rolling her eyes, she just looked at the people who disturbed her study session in this lovely and peaceful mini park located at the back of her school, she thought they wouldn't find her but no luck.


 

In her peripheral vision, she saw the other two sitting on the bench in front of her. “Ugh. What do you guys want? I'm studying,” She wailed, and grabbed her books, gathering it on one side which elicited gasps from her friends.


 

“Woah, woah,” Yena exclaimed, mouth agape in shock. She scooted closer to Yujin and even glanced at the book, snickering after. “Yujin-ah! The term is just starting, chill out!” She continued.


 

Yujin shrugged and flipped the page, trying to ignore her friends and kept doing her business.


 

Chaewon giggled, amused. “Aye. Dude, school just literally started three days ago. You need to relax. Hmm,” She responded, agreeing to Yena as she shoved a piece of fry into . Wonyoung, who's beside her, also pouted— nodding along.


 

Scratching her cheek, Yujin heaved out a sigh, gently shaking her head. “I'm in third year now, guys. I need to focus more on studying. Actually, we need to focus more. Especially you, Yena-unnie, Chaewon-unnie. You guys are in fourth year.” She emphasized which made the three snort. Yena huffed, turning her body to fully face her friend. “We know that Yuj but I mean. It's just starting, so there is still no pressure and stuff. Be more laid back, sis and cherish this limited moment before everything goes difficult.” She explained her side.


 

In front of them, Chaewon and Wonyoung gave a firm nod, to show that what Yena was saying is right.


 

Another sigh escaped from Yujin's lips. Well, they've got a point, it's just that— Yujin loves studying, hmm not really— but she needs to, especially that she's already in her third year and the pressure coming from her family really made her over-responsible and uptight when it comes to her studies. And they know that, and Yujin also knows that they are helping her to relax and enjoy stuff.


 

Raising up her hands to show she's surrendering, Yujin knew that they wouldn't stop bugging her until they get what they want from her so she just gave up. Hmm, maybe she'll just study later at home and have fun with them first.


 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. What do y'all want me to do anyway? I'm sure that you guys searched for me with a purpose.” Yujin said, finally closing her thick book and started to tidy up her things, shoving it into her backpack while her friends grinned at her, even doing a small and brief victory dance because she will ditch studying for them.


 

Yena cleared , flicking her fingers. “Practice with us,” She replied, smirking. Yujin saw it coming and released a quiet giggle, slinging her backpack on her shoulders. “Sure,” She answered and stood up from her seat. “Just until five since I need to go home early because I need to study.” She added with a playful grin and walked away from the table, leaving her friends dumbfounded.


 

The three immediately followed her, huffing. “Six?” Chaewon offered, giving Yujin a puppy look. The latter stuck her tongue out. “Five or no.” She ended the conversation and the older woman just scoffed. “Fine. Five it is.”


 

What are they even expecting from Ahn Yujin who's very responsible with her studies?


 


 

The sharp sound of the ball hitting the ground intensified around the quiet gym, followed by three pairs of feet landing on the ground and creating a small squeaky noise because of their shoes, making some people present in that very place gasp in amazement


 

Hyewon took a deep breath, shaking her head in amusement as she stared at the two women across the net and barked out a laugh. “I can't really make the ball cross onto the other side when you two are there.” She commented with a smile, resting her hands on her hips as she panted softly, feeling her heart race and body tense because of the adrenaline.


 

Piping in, Yena stuck a tongue out. “Sorry, Captain! But these girls are dubbed as ‘the twin towers’ for a very nice reason, eh?” She responded from the other side, her loud voice booming and echoing around the gym, nodding her head towards the direction where Yujin and Wonyoung are standing— still in front of the net and smiling mischievously to their team captain who is very much impressed, as always.


 

Humming, Hyewon walked to the other side to get the ball and tossed it on the other side— Yena caught it and started to dribble it playfully with one hand while wiping her sweat with the collar of her jersey shirt using her other hand.


 

“I noticed that Yujin's jump also went a little bit higher. Whenever I spike, and she would block, the ball would hit her lower arms now.” The captain remarked, scratching her chin with the observation.


 

Chaewon suddenly appeared from her side, chuckling. “Well, she most likely trained while on school break.” She responded, glancing at Yujin who's walking backwards slowly to get back in her position, sticking her tongue out to the bob haired girl which she returned.


 

Hyewon giggled, also walking back to her position and gave her other teammates a signal. “Woah, I thought she just studied? After all, she did say she will focus more into the academic field.” She said, stretching her arm.


 

Wonyoung heard it and offered a reply. “She can balance volleyball and studies very well, right, Jin-ie?” She asked her friend who just stayed silent amidst the exchange with a smile.


 

Yujin hummed, shrugging as she flexed her fingers, giving the younger woman a look. “I guess so,” She softly replied. “Anyway, let's stop blabbering and continue the game. Remember, I will go home at five.” She reminded, raising the volume of her voice a bit so the people from the other side could hear her.


 

“As expected from Ahn,” Hyewon snickered, chuckling as she fixed her stance. Giving Yena, who's going to serve, a look that she could start now.


 

With that, Yena nodded back with her usual cheeky smile and did her signature jump serve.


 

And the game continued until the clock turned five. Yujin excused herself and finally went home, leaving the team there since they will practice until six or so— plus, she doesn't really need much training since she mostly trained all day when it was their break with her cousins and sometimes, with her squad.


 

Now, she should really put her most attention to her academics. She couldn't afford for her grades to be affected because of her love for volleyball— for sure, her parents wouldn't appreciate that. If she still wants to be an athlete then she should work hard more.




 

As she walked home peacefully, she had her earphones plugged into her ears, listening to her favorite songs and would occasionally look at the orange dimming skies and kick some pebbles laying around the street that would block her way.


 

Halfway through reaching her home, her stomach acted up— grumbling, begging her for food which made her realize that she hadn't eaten anything since lunch. And great timing, there's a convenience store nearby and she didn't hesitate to walk down there to get her starving self some food and drink, maybe grab dinner for later too.


 

The smell of your typical store greeted her, and the gentle coldness from the A.C. too. A faint smell of mint, and hotdogs, also coffee. It doesn't entirely smell unpleasant, it even made her stomach grumble louder.


 

She padded towards the aisle after grabbing a basket, browsing, trying to spot some food that will catch her eyes and might suffice her hunger.


 

Hmm, chips? Nah. Biscuits? Too plain. Pepero and choco pie sounds good.


 

Upon thinking for a while and staring at the products in front of her, she finally grabbed two pepero boxes and a whole pack of choco pie then dumped it at her basket before striding down towards the beverage section. She didn't hesitate to grab a bottle of Gatorade, and three bottles of apple juice.


 

Maybe she should really do grocery shopping on the weekend, her stocks are already starting to decrease.


 

After getting some candies and cup noodles, she went to the counter and while walking there, she passed by a woman who was seemingly hoarding the gummies. Her brow twitched, slowening her pace as her gaze scanned the said woman.


 

She couldn't see her face as she's facing her back. Average height, long silky light beige hair, and Yujin might say, she has a very nice body proportion— and wait, did she just check her out? Aye, no, Ahn Yujin never checks people out, she just respectfully observed this… weird gummy-addicted woman because Yujin found her amusing since she's literally emptying the gummy packs placed at the shelf and dumping it into her basket stacked of other gummies and chocolates.


 

Heh, Yujin doesn't really judge. She would just rather mind her own business so she shrugged it off and went to the counter, the faint scent of jasmine and vanilla didn't go unnoticed by her sharp nose.


 

After she paid for her food, she picked up the plastic bag and threw a small smile to the friendly cashier and went out of the store while opening the box of pepero and placed a stick between her lips, treating it like a cigarette but gradually nibbling the edge of it.


 

She stayed for a while on the corner of the store, finishing her stick and opened her chocopie, eating it while observing her surroundings silently.


 

A ring caught her attention, must be a customer of the store— and by the looks of it, someone went out. Curiosity ate her up and turned her head, she saw a very familiar woman skipping to the opposite direction while happily clutching a bag full of gummies and chocolate each hand.


 

Oh, it's the same woman from earlier. The gummy bear hoarder. She looks so happy by the looks of it, definitely because of those jellies she bought.


 

Unconsciously, the corner of her lips tugged up into a small intrigued smile. And with that, she finally went home, thinking about what she should study after dinner.


 


 

“What's your next class?” Wonyoung asked Yujin who's also fixing her things, clearing her desk. The older hummed, slinging the straps of her bag to her shoulders and stood up. “Economics,” She answered, watching her friend stand up from her chair and they both went out of the classroom together.


 

“Aww, we're not classmates here too. What a bummer. My next class is Literature. See you at the gym later then,” The younger replied, and Yujin patted her shoulders, as a sign of bidding goodbye and walked to where Economics class will take place.


 

When she reached the classroom, she immediately sat near the window, last row. And the moment she settled at her desk, she took out her book and started to read, ignoring the murmurs and gazes from her classmates who are sitting across her row.



 

Gradually, the classroom started to fill up yet no dared to sit beside her. Not like it matters, that's better, actually. Perks of having this intimidating introvert reputation yet popular since she's the ace of the University's volleyball team.


 

It's not like Yujin is a loner, she has a squad, which consists of her only closest friends. She's friends with her teammates too but well, classmates? Not really. She doesn't care about them, she would just read books and listen to the professors' discussion. Heck, she doesn't know most of her classmates from last year nor the year before that and she doesn't have any plans befriending them this year either. Plus, it's not like they are classmates at every class, most of them are from different course departments.


 

Two minutes before the class starts. Someone entered the classroom and Yujin, as usual, didn't mind it but her ears perked up when she heard footsteps nearing and soon after, she felt a presence close to her. She was just about to ignore it when she heard a very soft feminine and angelic voice coming from near.


 

“Is this seat taken?”


 

Yujin is sure that she's talking to her, so she shook her head gently, gaze still fixed on her book and didn't even bother to spare a glance at her potential seatmate. “No, you can sit there if you like.” She answered, flipping the page of her book.


 

“Oh, thanks,” She heard her softly muttering and a second after, she could hear some shuffling noises and felt a figure sitting at the chair beside her.


 

She was about to continue reading when her nose caught a whiff of a faint familiar scent coming beside her. Jasmine and vanilla, a very pleasant mixture of scent.


 

It made her freeze a bit, thinking where she might have smelt it because it's awfully familiar. And when curiosity got the best of her, she tilted her head, checking the woman who sat beside her.


 

She's taking out her book from her bag. And Yujin got blessed by her side profile, so sharp, so perfect. The slope of her sharp nose, pink lips— too bad her eyes and upper side of her face is covered by her long beige locks. But Yujin could already tell that this girl beside her has an exquisite beauty. One could tell already with her side profile.


 

And when the nameless beauty turned around to face her, Yujin was surprised, amazed, struck. She was not ready for that.


 

Finally, she managed to see her whole godly face— doe eyes with glimmering honey orbs, perfectly shaped brows, sharp and firm jawline.


 

And damn, Yujin might not be interested in the arts but she knows that this woman here is a masterpiece of the gods— the deities themselves carved her existence with justice and perfection.


 

Her pretty face is unfamiliar, she has never seen her in her entire life, nor recalled that she saw her in this school. They certainly bumped into the busy hallways but never saw each other, how come Yujin never noticed her at all? She just stands out among people, she shines. Her aura and presence is too strong and attractive to get unnoticed.


 

Hmm, either she's a transferee or from another department, but she doesn't look like the former. Heh, Yujin doesn't really pay attention to what's happening in this school, huh? Even this rare gem here didn't manage to catch her eyes easily.


 

“Hello there,” The woman greeted, throwing a small smile at her, and wow—so dashing and sweet. “I'm Kim Minjoo.” She introduced herself and offered her hand for a handshake.


 

Ahh, Kim Minjoo— she might've heard that name around, she thought she was the typical popular girl that is always the students' gossip because of her beauty but Yujin can vividly recall that Chaewon praised this girl who joined a contest and won, that friend of hers complimented the girl named ‘Kim Minjoo’ for her talent and outstanding wit and skills. And oh, Yena piped in that time too— “Well, she's quite a beauty too! Beauty and brains, indeed.”


 

Yujin just ignored that conversation, pretending she never heard that, as usual. Thankfully, she has a very sharp memory and could still remember that certain conversation that she thought was meaningless gossip only about this Kim Minjoo girl.


 

Well, it's safe to say that Kim Minjoo isn't your typical popular mean girl. She looks very friendly and harmless.


 

Yujin's gaze dropped to her hands, she got very slender fingers and her calloused hands itched, feeling a little bit embarrassed to touch such skin because she might daint it with her rough hand but eager to hold it.


 

And when Minjoo's stretched hand suddenly fell a bit, meaning that she's getting tired of raising it. Yujin moved, gently holding Minjoo's hand and shook it a bit then retreated it back after a second. “Yujin. Ahn Yujin,” She responded back and looked back at her book, continuing to read— leaving Minjoo dumbfounded but she just shrugged it off because the professor entered the room already.



 

In the middle of their discussion, the professor suddenly got a call from the dean so he excused himself and told the students to do whatever they want, just stay quiet. Yujin, as expected, studied the lesson— while her classmates just gossiped with one another or played with their phone silently, so the athlete managed to focus without a hassle.


 

Until a noisy crunchy sound intensified near her which made her snap her neck towards the direction where the noise came from and saw her seatmate, the almighty Kim Minjoo, opening a pack of gummy bears.


 

The other woman froze, slowly looking at Yujin and blinked, giving her an awkward smile before showing off her opened gummies. “Do you want some?” She politely offered. Yujin’s mouth went agape, suddenly, everything clicked. Light beige hair, scent, and gummy bears gave a way for her to think of something.


 

“Did you,” The taller woman paused, pursing her lips for a moment and hesitated but there was nothing wrong questioning Minjoo, right? After all, she’s just curious and meant no harm. “Did you go to Aine’s store, two days ago? Around five in the afternoon?” She finally asked.


 

Minjoo blinked, confused but she tried to recall if she did and released a gasp, eyes widening in realization. “Yes, I did,” She answered, looking really bewildered and slowly, her widened and frightened eyes started to squint, looking at the taller woman accusingly. “How did you know that?” She asked, her voice trailing off and obviously, suspecting.


 

Shaking her head, Yujin reassured Minjoo that it’s not like what she’s currently thinking off. “No, no. It’s not like that. I think I bumped with you that day. Perks of being an observant.” She explained her side and she saw the other woman letting out a relieved sigh, finally starting to eat her gummy bear, just looking at Yujin as she shoved pieces of colorful gummies into .


 

“So, you’re the hoarder of the jellies.” Yujin said, her brow arching up in amusement.


 

Minjoo almost choked on her gummy bears. “What!?” She exclaimed, earning some unwanted attention in the classroom. She immediately realized what she had done and stood up, bowing thrice as a sign of apology because she suddenly made an outburst like that and caused a distraction. She sharply turned to the taller woman with a smug look. “Hey, I’m no hoarder!” She hissed quietly yet harshly.


 

“Oh?” Yujin shot her brow up accusingly this time. “Then care to explain what happened two days ago? You were literally grabbing all the gummies present on that very shelf, and the fact that your basket was half full that time with other jelly snacks and chocolates.” She remarked which made Minjoo tense, looking like a deer caught in a head light.


 

She heard a quiet grumble from the other woman, looking troubled. “N-No! I was just buying plenty of them. What’s wrong with it?” Minjoo defended herself after clearing and faked a cool expression to get away.


 

Yujin giggled, oh— oh, Ahn Yujin never giggles that easily— heck, she doesn’t even entertain people who she just met recently. She doesn’t even entertain her classmates of three years but here she is, teasing a girl who she barely met an hour ago. Well, Kim Minjoo will be an exception. Yujin already felt comfortable around her, maybe because the other woman just emits very pure and cozy vibes that will make people around her instantly comfortable with her presence.


 

And Minjoo’s reactions are just amusing to see— her eyes are already expressive enough but her facial expression made everything funnier.


 

“What’s wrong with it?” Yujin repeated, amused and faking a surprised tone. “First of all, Minjoo-ssi. Sugar.” She listed, even showing her pinky finger. “Second, you’re literally hoarding the packs, leaving none for the others who want it too.” She unfolded her ring finger. “Third, you’re wasting your money. Reduce consuming gummies too much, miss.” She said, giggling lightly.


 

Minjoo cutely glared at her while unconsciously puckering her lips. “Mind your own business, I’m not doing anything bad! You’re the only one making it sound that it's the worst thing a person can do.” She huffed and sulkily ate her gummy bears while Yujin just barked out a laugh.


 

Oh yeah, Yujin usually minds her own business but oddly enough, today she decided to mind this new classmate of hers. Hmm, the athlete would like to think that maybe, Minjoo is just really comfortable to be around with and nice to befriend with.


 

The taller woman shook her head, but before she could mutter an apology— the professor suddenly went in, looking like he’s in a haste and apologized for the sudden interruption and continued the discussion, with that— Yujin decided to apologize later.


 

In the middle of the discussion, Yujin would always briefly glance at Minjoo’s direction and would sometimes side eye her to check on her. She could barely hold back her laugh when she saw the other woman hiding the gummy pack under her desk and would simply bend down a bit to hide her face then will shove a piece of jelly into from time to time whenever she spots a perfect chance.


 

No one really noticed her except for Yujin and maybe the girl in front of her that could definitely hear the soft chewing noises coming from behind her caused by Minjoo. Sitting in the last row is a real blessing.


 

And the class ended just like that, Minjoo sneak eating while Yujin tried to hold her laugh and just giggled for an hour straight.


 

Yujin was ready to apologize to her new seatmate when suddenly, the phone resting on top of Minjoo’s desk rang and for sure, it’s the latter’s. The woman picked her phone immediately and answered the call, looking a little bit serious. “Hello? Yes. I would like to have a talk with Mr. Yang tomorrow. Uhm, I think so… However, I’m not sure if I would be able to bring Ms. Jo with me tomorrow at the meeting because of some personal matters. And, oh, yes— I know the schedule for today,” Minjoo kept replying to the other line while she fixed her things, even placing her phone between her ear and shoulder as she hastily placed her books inside her bag then stood up after, skipping away to the exit and looking like she’s in a hurry, leaving Yujin there.


 

With a shrug, Yujin also fixed her things and soon after, she casually slipped out of the room and went to the gym where her friends are currently at since they decided to practice again. Maybe she’ll just apologize soon, Minjoo doesn’t look like she holds grudges, anyway.





 

“So, do you guys know someone named Kim Minjoo?” Yujin asked her friends while wiping her sweat with her towel— who are all sitting on the bench, catching their breaths and drinking their water while they wipe their sweat. “Wait, of course, you guys know Kim Minjoo.” The tall woman suddenly added and huffed, taking a gulp from her bottle.


 

Yena’s eyes narrowed, damping the towel on her drenched forehead. “Well, yeah. We certainly know her. Every student here in this school knows the goddess Kim Minjoo except for you, Ahn.” She retorted. Yujin rolled her eyes. “You’re exaggerating,” She replied which made the silver haired woman chuckle and flick her fingers. “Heh, well— a lot of students know her, of course. With her sharp wit and beauty, she’s the center of attention no matter where she goes, even outside the school premises.” Yena added, also taking another sip from her cold water.


 

Soon after, Chaewon piped in. “After all, her beauty is something you wouldn’t miss when you’re near her anyway. She shines so bright.” She commented dreamily and giggled after, walking inside the locker room. Wonyoung nodded in agreement as she took off her shoes. “Yeah, she’s very approachable too. So kind and gentle~ Seriously, an angel! We were classmates in Literature before~” She said, while smiling,


 

“And she’s my cousin.”


 

They immediately turned to where the familiar voice came from and spotted their team captain, Hyewon, approaching them with a smile. Yujin didn’t react since she could see the resemblance. “Only few people know that fact and judging by y’alls reactions— you guys somehow saw it coming, eh?” She said, amused and laughed wholeheartedly.


 

“Yeah, they all have probably hunches. I mean, it’s obvious enough.” Hyunjin, their team’s outside hitter, joined in as she folded her drenched jersey, putting it inside her gym bag. The team agreed.


 

Yena snorted before looking at Yujin who’s in daze while drinking her water slowly. “What’s with her, Ahn? This is the first time you asked us about a student. Starting to care now, or just for the beautiful Kim Minjoo~?” She teased, making the whole squad whistle to tease the quiet Yujin even more.


 

Yujin scoffed, tossing the empty water bottle to the nearby trashcan and fixed herself and her things as she shook her head. “We’re classmates in Economics and she sat beside me earlier,” She explained, as she placed her stuff neatly inside her bag. “And I kind of annoyed her earlier? I just want to apologize.” She finally dropped the bomb which made their mouth agape.



 

They were a little bit shocked, no, not a little— they were beyond shocked upon hearing that from Yujin herself. The latter never entertains, and they all know how Yujin and her mind works. She would never talk with people and annoy them unless they are really, really close but they just met today but Yujin already annoyed her? Hmm, something is fishy!



 

“Woah, Ahn Yujin. You did what?” Yena said, gasping before dashing towards her friend and started to bother her. Wonyoung also went closer, and Chaewon was a little bit clueless since she came from the locker room but caught up too soon because of their youngest blocker.



 

Upon realizing what she had just revealed, Yujin was left flustered— the tips of her ears started to flame. “That’s not the point now, Yena-unnie. I think I might’ve upset her.” She waved off, looking at Hyewon who just chuckled at her.


 

“Relax, Yuj. I’m pretty close with Minjoo. She never gets upset so easily, only men could make her upset instantly. Girlie is too kind-hearted to be angry with someone. So don’t worry about it, for sure, it’s just nothing to Minjoo. She looks fragile and too dainty, but she’s actually strong willed. She’s good at going with the flow too.” Hyewon reassured, patting Yujin’s shoulders— making the latter pout and sigh, scratching her head awkwardly. “I’ll make it up to her next week when we meet,” She muttered under her breath and the team captain didn’t even manage to hear it. “Huh?”



 

“Nothing.” Yujin answered, finally standing up. “Anyway, I’ll get going now. See you tomorrow, people!” And she walked away, silently with Yena shouting at her to check their group chat later. Yujin just threw a thumbs up as she exited the place and went home, her mind occupied of what to do with Minjoo— but then, she realized, why is she like this anyway? Why does she care if Minjoo got upset because she was stating the truth?


 

Eh, these thoughts are already haunting Yujin.


 

Whatever, she’ll just do something next week to get inner peace.



 


 

A week flew by easily and it’s already time for Economics— when Yujin reached the classroom, Minjoo was still not there and went to her usual spot, waiting for the Pol-Sci student. Yes, she learned some information about the gummy hoarder from her friends— just the basic ones, of course, they are no stalkers.


 

Minjoo is a political science student, and mainly focusing in the law field— third year like her and Wonyoung but older than them by a year. There was a rumor that the gummy hoarder stopped attending school for a year when she was in highschool due to financial problems. Yujin thought it was possible but she sees nothing wrong with that— given that Minjoo is a scholar and working student, the woman is striving hard to make ends meet.


 

And before she got misunderstood, she never asked for this information, actually. Her friends suddenly shared every story they knew about the beautiful student, when Yujin mentioned her name in their lunch five days ago and earned a lot of teasing from them, even.


 

Hyewon would also randomly blabber about her cousin when they are practicing, Yujin actually doesn’t know what to do with those stuff about Minjoo but she let it be— she would intently listen anyway.


 

Oh, she learned that Minjoo likes apple juice, and that it's one of her favorite drinks; she learned that from the team captain. So...


 

Yujin’s eyes went to her bag, checking the bottle of apple juice and gummy pack tucked in the side pocket. She decided to bring Minjoo an apple juice as a peace offering after annoying her last week, to get inner peace too. Yujin could actually just forget and ignore it like she would do in this kind of situation but she exactly doesn’t know why she even made an effort to buy apple juice and jellies for her. She didn’t much pry on it.



 

“Hey, Yujin-ssi. Can I sit beside you again?” A familiar soft voice caught her ears which made the volleyball player tilt her head up to follow where the voice came from and her eyes and Minjoo’s eyes met. She didn’t even realize that the girl that she has been waiting for already entered the classroom because she was too preoccupied thinking.



 

Yujin noticed that the political science student has her hair tied up into a neat ponytail with side bangs today and wearing a simple black shirt and jeans, with her worn out white sneakers. She looks so simple yet very attractive, it’s no exaggeration that most students here admire her so much.


 

“Of course.” The taller woman answered almost immediately, even gesturing to her the seat which made Minjoo chuckle, settling beside her and then took out her book. Yujin just silently watched her, hesitating if she should give the peace offering to her now or after class but the student might dash out again the moment their class ended so she took the bottle and jellies from her bag.


 

Yujin stared at the things that she’s currently holding and heaved a sigh, a little bit tense but nonetheless, she wordlessly placed the food on top of her desk, making Minjoo freeze, staring at the food and drink before turning to her with a confused look.


 

“Peace offering. Sorry gift, from me,” The taller woman explained timidly, which made Minjoo even more confused. “Eh? When did we fight?” She asked, briefly glancing at the food once again and Yujin noticed the glint on her eyes when the other woman realized that there’s jellies there. “Last week? Sorry, I kind of annoyed you by calling you, gummy hoarder.” She explained further.


 

Minjoo and Yujin just stared at each other for quite a while, and the latter could already feel a drop of sweat rolling from her forehead. It didn’t take a while before the political science student burst out laughing, looking amused. “I thought it was something serious. God, Yujin-ssi, you didn’t annoy me— I assure you. I just tend to react like that, I’m sorry if I made you think like that. I’m not upset or whatever.” Minjoo responded with a cheeky smile.


 

Well, Hyewon is certainly right but Yujin insisted anyway.


 

“So, please take it back,” The older woman said, tilting head towards the direction of her desk where the peace offerings are placed, even pushing it to the other woman’s side. “No need to apologize or anything. It’s all good! I’m actually touched that you're worried about that, Yujin-ssi.” She added, giving her a reassured look.


 

“No. Take it, I insist,” Yujin replied and pushed the food to Minjoo’s desk again. “I just want inner peace. Just think of it as a treat from me.” She insisted with a firm tone. With a sigh, Minjoo nodded slowly as a sign of surrendering since she knew it’ll be pointless to argue with the persistent woman and took them, beaming at the sight of her favorites. “Thank you so much. I really thought you will confess or something,” She lightheartedly joked as she uncapped the bottle of apple juice, taking a sip.


 

Yujin almost choked upon hearing that. She cleared and didn’t answer, just awkwardly shifting on her seat as she watched Minjoo drink. “Hmm! You know my favorite drink too. You’re great at guessing.” The pol-sci student hummed in delight after taking a sip, twisting the bottle cap back.


 

“I just heard from your cousin, Hyewon, who is our team’s captain— that you like apple juice, I guess it’s my luck I picked the right brand.” Yujin honestly replied, scratching her cheek. Minjoo grinned at her, giving her a teasing look. “You even asked my cousin about my favorite for this… peace offering?” She asked, arching her brow curiously yet amusedly.


 

The taller woman’s eyes widened, her cheeks flaring. “N-No! Hyewon suddenly said it to me!” She explained, defending herself because of such accusations which made Minjoo laugh, even clapping her hands. Yujin grumbled, now she felt the feeling of being annoyed and teased. “I was kidding. But Hyewon won’t say such stuff about me to other people though, most students here don’t even know we’re really blood related and not just ‘look alikes’.” The pol-sci said, scratching her chin and seemingly thinking of possible reasons why her cousin did that.


 

“I don’t know either. When I mentioned to the team that you were my seatmate last week and kind of annoyed you, Hyewon kept giving me some random information about you like you’re from the Political Science Department and stuff.” Yujin suddenly piped in, shrugging, as she found their usually intimidating and reserved team captain doing that— a little bit surprising and confusing. Minjoo giggled, shaking her head. “Not like it's a big deal.” She replied, stuffing the gummies in her bag. “Anyway, now that you mentioned the departments— Yujin-ssi, what department are you from?”


 

“Medicine.” The other woman answered, flipping her book open as Minjoo hummed. “Oh? That’s nice,” She commented gently. “I know that you play for the women’s volleyball team but I never know what department you are in.” She added which made Yujin turn to her.


 

“You know me?” She quietly asked, and Minjoo giggled, nodding to confirm it. “Of course, I know you, the great Ahn Yujin— even from the start. Who wouldn’t know ENOZI’s volleyball team’s tower and ace?” She said with a smile. “I know you because of Hyewon. Then, me and my friends usually watch y’alls matches.” Added by her once again.


 

Minjoo knows her even way before, and Yujin wanted to deflate, yet she doesn’t know ENOZI’s pride in terms of beauty. The ever so gentle princess, as they call Minjoo. Well, their team has quite a reputation and popular around, and their popularity individually gradually rose up because they are varsity players, not really surprising that Minjoo knows her but still, she’s shocked.


 

“I’m no ace—” Yujin got cut off when the professor suddenly entered the class, greeting them a good afternoon and straightly went to his desk as the students greeted him back.


 

They sat back into their seats, Yujin noticed her seatmate leaning in closer to her. “You are, don’t be so humble. You might say gibberish stuff like that but your skills don’t lie.” Minjoo whispered, it’s a compliment. Red tint gathered on the tips of the athlete’s ears and just awkwardly shrugged, focusing on the lecture and book.


 


 

Yujin might as well say, she gained a new friend, which is uncommon for her to see some people as one because of the previously mentioned reasons. It all happened naturally, her friendship with Minjoo, that is.


 

They never really said nor mentioned about being friends but they absolutely treat and see each other as one. Also, it’s already an unspoken rule for them to sit beside each other whenever it’s Economics class.


 

The non-existent awkward atmosphere whenever they are near never came, instead, they became more comfortable around each other, and naturally grew closer to the point, they bicker and annoy each other casually. They would even eat sneakily at the back of the class while Mr. Song is teaching— of course, they would only do that if they did advance studying, they know when to fool around quietly and not, after all, the both of them know the importance of listening to the lectures but it wouldn’t hurt if they would talk with one another instead.


 

Yujin never really said that she and Minjoo became closer since she thought it’s not that important, plus, for sure they wouldn’t stop teasing her about the girl if ever. Hyewon never said anything either and it’s a safe guess that Minjoo never shared anything with the team captain.


 

But as expected from her friends, whenever they will mention Minjoo, or her name would suddenly be inserted in their topic, they would immediately give Yujin a smug look and would . It was kind of annoying at first but along the way Yujin got used to it. She even overheard Minjoo talking with her friend, Yuri at the phone and with the athlete’s sharp ears, she kind of heard that Yuri kept mentioning Yujin to Minjoo and the latter reacted with a flustered expression would hiss at her friend to stop and ended the pointless call. Yujin doesn’t know what to do with that information.


 

Well, she guesses that she’s relieved because she’s not the only one suffering from those relentless teasings from her friends? But enough of that.


 

Today marks the third month she and Minjoo met, and it’s funny, but yes— Yujin kept track of it, well, it’s easy to remember anyway, especially that Minjoo made a very big impression on her when they met properly.


 

“Hey, Yujin.” Minjoo’s voice suddenly entered her ears, making Yujin look up from the book she was reading and hummed as a response. Yes, they call each other informally now. “I heard you guys have a match next week with YGU?” The pol-sci student added, and sat on her seat.


 

Yujin nodded, closing the book and let it settle there. “Yes. They are our opponent at the upcoming district meet next week. Why? Are you going to watch us?” She asked jokingly.


 

“Yes. Me and my friends already discussed it.” Minjoo answered, giggling. “I’m sure you guys are going to smash it.” She continued as she took out her book and chocolate bar, giving Yujin the extra which the latter took quietly. Exchanging food is a normal occurrence between them already.


 

“It’s going to be extra tough since they have their wild card, Park Chaeyoung, she competed for the nationals the last time.” Yujin said, sighing. Minjoo patted her shoulders to comfort her. “Just because their player went to the nationals, it doesn’t mean they will instantly win. You guys will put up a good fight, you guys will do absolutely well.” She encouraged her with a small smile.


 

Pouting, the med student just shrugged but Minjoo made a point. ENOZI is might be not that known but they have the hidden cards, they will stand a chance somehow.


 

“Plus, I will cheer louder for you. So you better give your best.” Minjoo suddenly piped in, looking all proud and— silence. Yujin just stared at her friend with an amused look before cracking up. “You will only cheer for me? How about the team?” She asked after she calmed down, shaking her head. Minjoo was confused at first but then, she finally realized what she had just blurted out. “I-I mean, the team too, duh! Common sense, Ahn.” She stammered, clearing but her cheeks were absolutely flaring which made Yujin chuckle, nodding along and decided not to tease the older woman further to save her from embarrassment.


 

“Okay, okay. I’ll be anticipating your cheer for me— I mean, for us, next week~” The med student said, giggling to herself as she just continued reading the book with a smile etched on her face. She heard Minjoo’s huff beside her and just didn’t mind it, soon after, the professor entered and the class started.



 

“So, class. I have this little task. A pair task,” Mr. Song announced to the class after the greetings and the students started to murmur with one another. “You will be going to present this in our next meeting, which is next week. Your pair are your deskmates.” He added, and the students’ murmur started to get louder, talking with their deskmates.


 

Yujin and Minjoo’s eyes meet. “We’re partners, eh? Can’t wait to work with you, Miss Kim.” She said playfully and Minjoo nodded, chuckling at her antics. “Likewise, Miss Ahn.” She replied back, and they even did a handshake before turning their attention to the professor again.


 

“I will give each pair a different topic that both of you will discuss and will make a paper and present it.” He explained further and started to give out some papers, each pair. Yujin and Minjoo immediately read it together.


 

“Ours are… bees?” Minjoo muttered as her sharp eyes read the content. The taller woman hummed, nodding. “Yeah. Interesting~ Hierarchy… and huh, what if they have wages… who will get the highest amount and who will get the least? This will be a nice discussion. Weird and amusing. I wonder what goes through Mr. Song’s head.” She whispered and then giggled.


 

“It will sure do,” The political science student replied back with a small smile, and they turned to Mr. Song again after that.


 

“I will give our remaining time for you guys to discuss it with your pair. Go.” The professor said, and went back to his desk, leaving the students to talk with their pair silently.


 

Yujin and Minjoo decided to read and study their topic further, about bees. They would talk with one another as they study it, sharing some comments and stuff. It went like that for a while, until they finish and finally have ideas. With that, they exchanged ideas and opinions.


 

“Highest, workers and lowest, drones.” Yujin said, which made Minjoo’s mouth agape a bit. “Highest for mine are the soldier bees, and lowest, is also drones.” She replied back. The med student giggled, humming. “At least we both know who’s the most useless one.” She commented.


 

Narrowing her eyes, Minjoo shook her head a bit, chuckling. “Drones are not exactly useless, they are the one who mates with the Queen Bee. Without them, bees wouldn’t be able to reproduce its kind.” She defended. Yujin laughed, she absolutely understood Minjoo. “Of course, I know that. But compared to what the other bees do, they’re the most useless ones. You picked them as the last too for a reason, yes? I think that drones already got themselves a great reward by mating with the Queen Bee herself. They deserve no wage.” The taller woman snickered, shrugging.


 

“I get your stand, and what matters is that they are our last picks, that’ll be easy for us to explain together. Now, let’s discuss the highest.” Minjoo shifted the topic, fully facing Yujin so she would be able to converse with her easily and also took out her notepad. “We should convince one another to shift to our opinion because Mr. Song will only take one stand for the task. How about you start, Ahn? Convince me why you think worker bees deserve the highest pay?” She sassily threw the question and Yujin held back a laugh, and went along, she’s currently dealing with an aspiring lawyer, Kim Minjoo— who has a wit that is sharp as a sword, a very reasonable and smart woman. It’ll be hard to convince her for sure but she will stay in her stand no matter what. Yujin is just naturally competitive.


 

“I sure think that this will end up in a debate,” Yujin didn’t answer Minjoo’s question. The older woman’s brow shot up, smiling. “For sure. I know that you will fight for your stand, Yujin. This will be a clash.” She sighed, shaking her head because they have to be partners. Both naturally competitive and firing in determination.


 

“Hopefully, this won’t result in us getting a very heated argument and will make us wary with one another.” The athlete suddenly voiced out her worries and Minjoo’s face fell with that. “Why? You think I’m like that, Yuj?” She asked, pouting and sulking. Yujin panicked for a moment, furiously shaking her head. “No, it’s not like that! I mean, it’s just— sometimes, it might get out of hand… and because of bees, really? Sorry, I couldn’t help but to think.” She explained her side.



 

Chuckling, Minjoo reassured her friend. “Yujin-ah, I assure you. I may be competitive and sometimes get serious, and it didn’t help that I’m studying to be a lawyer so I’m really experienced with debates and stuff but I’m not that kind of person. I know how to respect ones’ opinions as long as they have valid reasons. Plus, this is just a task, not a trial.” The pol-sci student said, barking out an amused laugh and even held Yujin’s hand, giving it a gentle squeeze.


 

“You know what? I think this will take us forever to discuss. Should we talk about this task out of school so we could focus more?” Minjoo suddenly suggested, looking at Yujin, it made the latter think. “What do you think? So we could study about this thing further too.” She added.



 

Yujin nodded, agreeing at the idea. “It’s a nice suggestion. Sure. Are you free tomorrow?” She asked the older woman, and waited for her to answer as she just stared at her while she mentally checked her schedule tomorrow. The pol-sci student gave her a troubled look. “Well yes, although I’m only free in the evening since I have a shift tomorrow. Is six alright to you, Ahn?” She asked, a little bit apologetic since she wouldn’t be able to come early.


 

Nodding again, the med student gave her a thumbs up. “Absolutely no problem to me. Aside from our morning practice, I’m free all day, all night so it’s all good. Also, don’t eat dinner, I’ll cook for us.” She responded casually. Minjoo blinked, tilting her head a bit. “Dinner?”


 

Yujin’s brow shot up. “Why? You don’t want a free dinner from me? I promise you, I cook decently since I live alone in my apartment.” She reassured which made Minjoo laugh wholeheartedly, and it made her smile too. “That is kind of surprising, Yujin, to be honest. No offense but you…” Minjoo paused, trying to search for the right term to use. The athlete sighed. “But I look like I don’t know how to do household chores and that typical spoiled messy rascal?” She offered and Minjoo clapped her hands, then pointed at her, nodding. “Bingo!”


 

“Geez, the way I get that a lot,” Yujin snickered, and shrugged. “I only look like one but I'm certainly not one.” She added and Minjoo nodded, looking glad and relieved. “So, you in?”


 

“Of course. Just text me the address— which reminds me, we still haven’t exchanged numbers,” Minjoo said, taking out her phone from her pocket and Yujin did the same, after that— they gave each other their numbers so they could contact each other easily.


 

Minjoo noticed that the med student kept laughing silently while looking at her phone which made her confused and curious, and because of that, she slowly leaned in closer and took a peek, gasping when she saw something. She smacked Yujin, which made the latter hiss at her while still grinning. “Hey, change my name there— ‘gummy hoarder’, really, Ahn Yujin?” She whined as she tried to swat Yujin’s phone from her.


 

But the younger woman just stretched her arm, putting the phone away from Minjoo’s reach but the latter seemed determined to get it and change her cute contact name in her phone. She just sheepishly smiled at Minjoo. The older woman narrowed her eyes on her, then tried to reach for it again.


 

It went like that for a few seconds, Yujin teasing Minjoo as she kept moving away while the other woman kept leaning closer to reach the phone. Their close proximity flustered Yujin but she just ignored it, and the way Minjoo’s pleasant scent almost hypnotized her. She didn’t even notice that she’s just staring, admiring and tracing her features.


 

“Miss Ahn, Miss Kim.”


 

The both of them froze. and that moment, Minjoo immediately noticed their close proximity and retreated, awkwardly scratching her nape as she sat back properly on her chair while Yujin just hid her phone and cleared , looking at the professor who’s looking at their direction with an amused look— also, their classmates are staring at them, they have their neck stretched to look at the small commotion.


 

“You two may fool around with one another after this class, for now, stop and discuss the task I gave.” Mr. Song softly scolded them and the two immediately apologized, and after that, gave each other a look.


 

“This is your fault, Ahn.” Minjoo blamed her, and Yujin was taken aback, raising her arms a bit. “How is that my fault, Kim?” She asked back, but the political science student just stuck her tongue out to her before reading the papers that Mr. Song gave.


 

Yujin could only shrug and shake her head in amusement, glancing at the clock. Only ten minutes left and the class will end soon. She spent the last few minutes watching Minjoo study because she doesn’t know what to do.


 

“See you tomorrow, Yujin.” Minjoo bid goodbye to her when they reached the building’s exit, even waving at her as she walked away. Yujin could only wave back with a smile, waiting for the woman to reach the gates and when she finally disappeared, she let out a sigh and finally went to the gym since she still has practice.


 


 

“And that’s for today, guys.” Hyewon announced with a huff and the team all released a relieved grunt then tiredly slumped their tired bodies to the bleachers. Yujin just silently made her way to her bag, and grabbed a towel, using it to wipe her sweat as she checked her phone— it’s quarter to eleven.


 

Yena whined, then groaned exaggeratedly as she leaned closer to Chaewon who’s drinking water and obviously exhausted from their two hour long practice for this day. “Hey, guys. Want to meet later at night? I heard there’s a live band later at Sakura-unnie’s cafè, and for sure, we’ll get free drinks!” The silver haired woman beamed. Most of them liked the idea and said that they will join the fun, and of course, Yujin didn’t hesitate to say no because of two reasons: first, she hates loud and crowded places and second, Minjoo will be at her house later.


 

“Eh, Yujin-unnie. Come on~” Wonyoung whined, pouting because their squad won’t be complete later. Yujin just scrunched her nose. “I have some stuff to do and y’all know it ain’t my thing.” She replied, taking her bag and slung it on her shoulder then took a sip from her water bottle. “I’ll be off first, y’all did well. See you on Monday,” With that, the early bird Ahn Yujin walked off the gym.


 

As usual, Yujin plugged in her earphones into her ears and listened to her usual playlist as she walked towards home— but when she passed by a grocery store, she decided to go inside and buy ingredients for later. While browsing through the aisle, she tried to think of what she should cook later. She didn’t manage to ask Hyewon about Minjoo’s favorite food plus, she wouldn’t dare to ask first anyway.


 

“Should I grill some meat?” Yujin whispered, thinking of just a simple dinner, samgyeopsal and kimchi jjigae, also tteokbokki. She’s also craving for some meat so might as well prepare a meal with lots of meat, well who doesn’t like meat anyway?


 

After a few seconds, the volleyball player picked up three packs of meat and pushed the cart around, finding some other ingredients. She didn’t take much time there at the grocery shop, immediately paying for the stuff she grabbed— of course, she didn’t forget to buy tons of apple juice and gummies, also chocolates for snacks— she also bought popcorns, doughnuts, and frozen pizza, just in case they finish their papers quickly and decided to watch movies to kill time.


 

On the way home, Yujin realized. She never put a lot of effort like this to someone, nor her friends, even her parents and cousins. She never really volunteers to cook for them but here she is, doing her best efforts for that certain gummy hoarder. It’s kind of weird since Yujin rarely does it, but it feels right at the same time.



 

Yujin mostly spent her time in the afternoon cleaning her spacious and cozy apartment, making it look more presentable and neat. It’s not dirty, heck, it’s very clean but she wanted for it to look the best since it’ll be the first time someone will come over to her place besides her idiots friends.


 

When the clock turned four, the med student decided to laze around the living room since she’s done with everything and decided to read a book about psychology and other medical related things but after an hour or so, she got bored and decided to check her phone. She saw a lot of message notifications from the group chats and Yena but she just ignored it, and checked this certain conversation from last night.


 

Unconsciously, the corner of her lips tugged upwards, forming a small smile as she scrolled down to reread the messages. It’s her and Minjoo’s conversation last night. The older woman messaged her to check if it’s really Yujin’s number and somehow, the both of them continued chatting and even went to the point that they sent pictures of themselves because of the memes they have sent to each other.


 

Long story short, it all started when they were sending memes with one another, Yujin teased Minjoo because she looks like this frog meme everytime and the aspiring lawyer was not amused, suddenly sending a picture of herself with a caption, ‘I do not look like that ugly green thing!’.


 

(Yujin almost had a heart attack when Minjoo’s godly face popped out from her screen.)


 

After catching herself smiling like an idiot, she cleared and collected herself, feeling more flustered like she got caught stealing a cookie from the jar. “Ah, it’s already five, I should prepare the food now.” She muttered to herself and padded down to the kitchen to cook dinner for the both of them.


 


 

“Hi, come in and please, feel at home.” Yujin greeted Minjoo when she opened the door of her apartment. The tired pol-sci student threw her a smile, gently slipping inside the place and took off her shoes, neatly placing it on the rack and then wore the slippers that the taller girl gave her.


 

Quietly, Minjoo walked to the cozy living room, scanning the place in awe then looked at Yujin who’s just silently watching her observe her place. “Nice apartment you got,” She commented. The younger woman just chuckled. “Thanks to my parents, I guess. Let’s eat first, you must be starving.” She offered and led the way to the simple yet modern kitchen.


 

“Yeah, I still haven’t eaten anything yet because I know you prepared something for me. Thank you really.” The shorter woman said, getting a little bit shy as she sat on the chair across Yujin. went agape when she saw the food prepared at the dining table, she could feel herself drooling already with the mouth watering sight and smell of it.


 

“It’s nothing,” Yujin waved off, also taking a seat on her chair. “I just made something simple, hope you like them.” She muttered as she watched Minjoo’s reactions. The political science student looked up to the person who cooked the wonderful meal presented before her. “They all look so… good… My stomach is grumbling already because it just looks so amazing.” She complimented which made Yujin chuckle, gesturing for her to start eating.


 

“Well then, let’s eat while it’s still hot.” The taller woman announced and picked the chopstick, while Minjoo did the same, even in a haste manner and it’s very obvious that she can’t wait to devour all these foods that Yujin made.


 

It was a lovely dinner, Minjoo kept complimenting Yujin and would throw comments about the wonderful food every bite she takes. She couldn’t help but to blabber everytime and hum in delight because it’s just that delicious. The athlete couldn’t help but to blush, she’s very much flattered, she could tell that Minjoo wasn’t lying when she said that it was all delicious because every word that came out from and expressions she showed, it was all genuine.


 

After taking a rest for fifteen minutes or so, they finally got into business. The both of them camped into the living room. They talked about things and it was calm at first until they started to get into a debate about the bees. It was pretty amusing since they are having a serious discussion about bees but the both of them are really persistent with their own stand.


 

“Soldier bees deserve the highest because they protect the hives, risking their lives to make the colony safe. They go on battles if needed in order for the threats to perish. That reason is enough.” Minjoo fired, staring at Yujin intently.


 

The med student rolled her eyes, chuckling. “Worker bees. They gather food for them all. They take care of young bees and the hive— they are like nurses, housekeepers, and farmers all at once. That’s like working three jobs, so they deserve the high pay.” Yujin replied back.


 

It went on like that, one might think they look and sound stupid because they are fighting over bees if they ever work like humans. Both of them are competitive with their stand, even if they say that it’s just about stupid bees— their natural competitive side just shows.


 

“Look, Yujin. They are risking their lives, their lives to protect others! Because their job is actually more dangerous than others, they deserve a lot.” Minjoo insisted but Yujin just shrugged. “Yes. But worker bees are much more important. They literally do everything. So, no, worker bees.” She also insisted which made Minjoo groan— they’ve been debating about it for an whole hour already. They are both getting tired but none of them stayed still.


 

They just stared at each other, a very intense eye contact. An unspoken rule that the loser will concede suddenly popped out.


 

Yujin could feel herself sweating, the way Minjoo’s piercing gaze on her made everything hard. And not surprisingly, she blinked, defeated. The pol-sci student raised her arms in happiness, squealing. “I won! Hah, okay, soldier bees win!” She happily exclaimed, even wiggling her body.


 

Heaving a sigh, the med student just shrugged and let it be, it’s nothing serious anyway. And she’s just glad to see a happy Minjoo.


 


 

After their heated and hilarious debate turned eye contact earlier, they decided to finally make the paper for it that they will pass next week. Yujin typed while Minjoo will guide what to put in the document. It was going well and all until suddenly, the skies started to roar, making the both of them flinch and soon after, they could hear some splattering sound on the glass windows.



 

It’s raining cats and dogs.


 

“Oh no. It’s pouring hard!” Minjoo suddenly exclaimed, worried as she checked her watch, it’s almost ten in the night. Yujin scratched her head. “And it looks like it won’t stop any soon.” She whispered and it made the other woman sigh.


 

“The weather forecast never said anything about this though.” Minjoo said, and the both of them went back to their seats, finally finalizing their paper. Yujin giggled. “Sometimes, it’d be like that.” She replied, and continued to type since they wouldn’t be able to stop the rain so might as well continue while waiting for the pouring to stop.



 

“You know, if the heavy rain won’t stop. You could spend the night here. I have a spare bedroom.” Yujin suddenly said, Minjoo looked at her with a confused gaze. “I mean, it’ll be dangerous. It’s late and it’s raining. I won’t risk letting you go home in such weather and situation like this.” The med student explained, cheeks warming.


 

The older hummed then heaved another sigh again. “I might as well take that offer. I wouldn’t risk either, but for now, let’s wait. Maybe it will stop soon.” She said and Yujin nodded before continuing to type.


 

They finished it soon after and the rain didn’t stop, it didn’t even calm down— there might be a storm or something. Yujin quietly fixed her things while Minjoo called her mother to say that she’ll go to sleep over at a friend’s house because she can’t go home in such a state like this since it’ll be highly dangerous if she ever insists on going home.


 

“You should change. It’ll be uncomfortable to sleep in jeans.” Yujin suddenly appeared from her room, holding some clothes and handed it to Minjoo before she could even say anything. The older woman briefly glanced on the clothes she’s holding— white plain shirt, and comfortable shorts. Also, she gave her an unused towel and toothbrush before leading her to where the bathroom is located. “I’ll wait for you on the couch.” The med student said before turning, walking away.


 

Minjoo just blinked before going in and did her business. She neatly placed her clothes in the basket after changing, she will just get it tomorrow. The beige haired woman stood in front of the bathroom mirror and checked herself out, feeling herself blush because she’s wearing Yujin’s shirt that is a little bit big to her and the way she could perfectly smell the scent of latte mixed with sweet candy, definitely Yujin’s scent.


 

She went out of the bathroom after a while, glancing at the foggy glass window and could still hear the heavy rain outside before walking to the couch— spotting Yujin typing something on her phone but she didn’t mind it and sat beside her, also checking her phone.


 

Yujin turned off her phone after she felt a presence beside her and turned to her, only to tense when she saw Minjoo wearing her clothes. She doesn’t know why but she suddenly feels shy seeing someone wearing her clothes but nonetheless, Minjoo looks so good wearing it. And Yujin couldn’t help but to think that it feels so domestic. Her heart acted up.


 

Clearing , she reached for the remote control and the television. “Should we watch movies? Any suggestions?” She asked Minjoo. The latter put her phone down to look at Yujin, glancing up a bit to indicate that she’s thinking. “How about animal documentaries?” She suggested with a low and shy voice.


 

Yujin beamed, throwing a smile at her. “You definitely got taste.” She said before turning to the television, opening Netflix and then searched for animal documentaries they could watch. She’s also a fan of documentaries, especially animals, and she’s glad that Minjoo loves them too.


 

She grabbed the bags of popcorn and gave Minjoo the other one. The latter thanked her then started to eat— Yujin actually prepared their snacks while she was in the bathroom.


 

Later on, they started to have a conversation while watching the documentary and eating snacks. They didn’t even notice that it’s already midnight but they still went on, watching other documentaries while conversing happily with one another.


 

“Do you want some coffee? I’m craving for one,” Yujin suddenly asked, collecting the other trash and putting it inside the plastic bag. Minjoo hummed, eyes lighting up at the mention of it. “Yes please. Any coffee would do, just please make it creamier.” She timidly responded.


 

Nodding, Yujin finally went on her way to make them some coffees. She checked the clock and it’s already almost one in the morning yet they are still active. Well, there’s no school anyway and Minjoo did say she doesn’t have any shifts later too.


 

After a few minutes, the coffees are done and went back to the living room, seeing Minjoo still engrossed with the documentary of Princess Diana. She placed the mug with coffee that she put extra milk in front of Minjoo while she took a sip on her own. “Hopefully, this is the right taste. I’ll just get some doughnuts.” The taller woman said, and dashed to the fridge to get the box of doughnuts she reserved.


 

She went back and saw Minjoo blowing on the hot coffee, before taking a small sip and hummed, giving Yujin a thumbs up. “This is great!” She exclaimed with a sweet smile.


 

Yujin went back to her spot but now she shifted closer to Minjoo, engulfing the gap between them as they shared one blanket. It’s cold and it’s still raining but with their blanket and cup of coffee, then everything is bearable.


 

They continued talking but now, they didn’t even bother to watch the documentary anymore, too preoccupied with talking to one another as they sip on their coffees and take bites from their doughnuts, letting it run in the background to make everything less awkward.


 

Minjoo shared some anecdotes and stuff, they also talked about personal things like how her parents struggled so much with money in the past that she had to stop attending the school for a year but now, they are slowly standing up once again. And that confirmed Yujin’s thought about Minjoo still being in third year even if she’s older.



 

The volleyball player also shared some personal stuff to her, like how she hated her parents’ job because they barely gave her attention yet here she is, following their footsteps to continue their family’s legacy. The both of them comforted one another and would even hug each other.


 

All in all, it’s a pretty warm night, or morning. To Yujin, that moment was very healing and heartwarming. Minjoo thought the same, she doesn’t regret staying because she got to learn stuff about the younger woman.


 

It all continued like that until three in the morning, talking with one another, knowing each other more deeply to the point they got lost into each other’s orbs, creating a world where they could only reach.


 


 

After that fateful night, something shifted between Minjoo and Yujin. They grew closer than before, they even eat lunch together every single day and their group of friends are also close with one another now, forming a new joint squad.


 

Both of them text each other every single day and sometimes, would have a video or voice call. They even hang out together on the weekends, and Yujin would sometimes visit Minjoo in her workplace and wait for her so she could walk her home. They study together for the midterms, and other tests.


 

Minjoo also never fails to watch their practices if she’s not busy, that is, she would study there at the gym and would watch them from time to time— and whenever she gets teased, she will answer that she’s there for Hyewon but actually, she’s there for none other than Ahn Yujin.


 

She cheers the loudest when they have volleyball matches and not surprisingly, she only kept cheering for Yujin and Hyewon doesn’t know whether to be happy or upset.


 

People around them noticed their blooming friendship, who wouldn’t? Especially Yena, Chaewon, and Wonyoung who are the closest with Yujin. They noticed how their friend started to act and behave differently, most specifically if it’s related to Minjoo. And they are happy that their friend is showing this new found side of hers that Minjoo unlocked.


 

Certainly, Yujin noticed the change of her behavior but knowing her, she would just shrug it off and wouldn’t pry on it further. It kind of irked and frustrated them since obviously, there’s something going on between them but Minjoo and Yujin themselves don’t know, and are entirely oblivious about it.


 

One could tell they have feelings for each other, that is for sure, everyone knows with one glance except for Minjoo and Yujin themselves.


 

Maybe they just need a little push or let them realize it themselves.


 

But one thing is for sure, it’ll take a little time.


 


 

“Oi, Ahn.” Yujin immediately turned her head towards where the call came from and saw Hyewon, she was the one who called for her attention. “Yes?” She asked, walking to her position as she wiped the sweat dripping off from her chin with the collar of her jersey shirt.


 

They are currently practicing and as usual, it’s not a practice without talking with one another if there’s a chance.


 

“Are you and Minjoo dating?” Hyewon dropped the bomb, arching a brow and she looked serious even. Yujin choked on her saliva, giving their team captain a horrified look but before she could even say something. Soeun, who’s their teammate, piped in. “Yeah, what’s the deal between you two? I’ve been itching to ask since I saw you two together at the mall last week.”


 

“Doesn’t look like a close friendship to us,” Chaewon also joined, giving Yujin a smile and Yujin just glared at her, feeling betrayed. The middle blocker heaved out a sigh, shaking her head to dismiss it. “No. We’re not dating. We’re just close friends.” She answered firmly and picked up the ball, tossing it on the other side. Her tone came off as bitter.


 

“Well, you guys look like you are dating indeed.” Wonyoung added, also joining the forces and the other middle blocker just stared at her, unamused. “Why do you guys keep teasing us anyway? We’re just friends, close friends— that is.” She retorted, obviously getting annoyed— not because they are teasing her because it doesn’t feel right whenever she kept denying that they are not dating, it’s like there’s a black ink spreading through her chest, a bitter ink.


 

Hyunjin barked out a laugh, walking closer to Yujin and patted her tensed shoulders. “Oh? You never look at Yena with heart eyes though.” She compared which made Yujin freeze. “Do you want me to list everything? And compare what I noticed when you’re around us versus when you’re around Kim Minjoo?” She whispered teasingly before chuckling and walked away to get ready.


 

Yujin stayed rooted and frozen on her spot, trying to process what Hyunjin just said but it didn’t last since she snapped back in reality when Hyewon suddenly called for her once again, looking at her across the net.


 

“Look, Ahn Yujin. I know you’re new to this but I’ll let you realize and sort it out yourself first so I won’t say anything. Just… don’t hurt my cousin, alright? She’s fragile when it comes to this.” Hyewon suddenly said and yelled at the team to continue practicing and Yujin doesn’t really know what their captain was trying to say.


 

Throughout, the middle blocker’s mind is out of the gutter, and unfocused that they had to tell her to sit down and rest first because she couldn’t function properly. Yujin stayed there at the bench, biting her thumbnail as she stared down at the floor, thinking deeply.


 

Before they all went home, Yena reassured her dazed and quiet friend. Draping her arm around Yujin’s shoulders, the silver haired woman patted her head to comfort her. “You like someone, Yujin-ah. That is for sure.” She started off, walking together towards the school gates. “You act like a lovesick puppy, you’ve been acting differently in a good way. This new side of you is kind of overwhelming to see.” She then added.


 

Sighing, Yena just smiled at her friend. “Nothing’s wrong with it. I’m rooting for you. Sort out your feelings, alright? We’re always here to help you. We’re just one call away!” She continued before laughing.


 

With that, Yena bid goodbye and went on her way home, leaving Yujin dumbfounded near the school gates. The middle blocker heaved out a sigh, collecting herself and also began to walk home. “I… like someone?” She muttered under her breath as she kicked away some pebbles.


 

Yujin noticed it, of course, her behavior, her gestures, her actions towards this certain person. She knows that very well but she put a blindeye on it, thinking that it’s nothing special. She kept denying it yet her actions pretty much showed everything. Those blooming feelings inside her chest, she ignored it and now, it’s getting stronger.


 

Once again, Yujin got engulfed by those thoughts, not even allowing her to have a nice sleep that very night.


 


 

“How would you know if you like someone?”


 

Minjoo was taken aback, she looked up from her book and saw Yujin staring at her with a very serious look which made her feel a little weird. She noticed that her friend is a little bit off these days, something is definitely bugging her and this question is definitely related to it.


 

Gulping, she shrugged, fixing her glasses that’s falling down from the bridge of her nose. “Aren’t you the one who is supposed to know that? You are the science nerd between us. I’m pretty sure you know about it.” She replied, shifting on her seat.


 

Yujin nibbled her lower lip, still staring at Minjoo across her intently. “Yes but from a scientific perspective, not from human instinct. And also, between the two of us, you are the one who is more familiar with the feelings and behavior of people.” She responded back, tapping her fingers on the table.


 

Minjoo doesn’t know where this conversation will go but Yujin looked very troubled. “Well, from experience,” She started off, her lower lip and suddenly went tense but she continued anyway. Yujin leaned in closer so she could listen clearly. “You know you like someone when their smile is enough to complete your day.”


 

It made the med student gulp, her mind instantly picturing Minjoo’s beautiful smile, presenting it to Yujin which scared her. She clenched her fists tightly, even averting her gaze away from Minjoo’s face because she felt so… overwhelmed seeing her.


 

“They are the one who you look forward to the most every single day.” Minjoo added, a small smile forming on her lips. Yujin flinched lightly, she could feel drops of sweat forming on her forehead.


 

She will admit but she’s looking forward to seeing Minjoo everyday, and it feels like something is empty whenever she doesn't see a glimpse of her. Even text messages aren’t enough, she just badly wants to see Minjoo in the flesh everyday without a fail.


 

“Just the thought of them will put a smile on your face already, and could already make your heart race.” Minjoo continued listing down.


 

Yujin bit her lower lip. Well, she recalled those times where she will just catch herself smiling like a weird idiot whenever she thinks of Minjoo so randomly when she couldn’t sleep or whenever she can’t focus on class. And oh, don’t even start with her giddy heart.


 

“It’s like whenever you guys are together, it feels like you can't focus on anything but to that person only. You are just overly smitten to them, ready to do anything just to make them smile.” Minjoo started to giggle, realizing something too and grinned to herself while Yujin remained dazed, looking at the table.


 

The athlete couldn’t even count the times she felt like she’s on another world with Minjoo whenever they are together like anything else didn’t matter to her as long as the older woman is by her side. And the way she’s literally Minjoo’s loyal puppy, ready to comply with her orders just to make her happy. Not even Wonyoung could make her stand up and give her water but to Minjoo, she’ll gladly run around to get her a cup of water.


 

It’s just sickening that she’s only realizing these just right now and admitting it.


 

“Whenever you see them with someone else, you feel sad, and there’s a tinge of jealousy, also annoyance. Like seeing them smiling to someone that isn’t you could make you sulk already.” Minjoo’s tone trailed off, a little bit bitter.


 

Yujin flinched again, deflating and going pale. That hit a little bit too close to home. There are a lot of times that it happened, she witnessed many people going to Minjoo and confessing, even hitting up on her and it makes her blood boil, and kill those people in her mind. She almost got into trouble when she saw Minjoo and Hyunjin, the guy Hyunjin and Minjoo’s persistent suitor, because the aspiring lawyer kept laughing with him and stuff. Jealousy is an ugly thing.


 

“Whenever y’alls touch skins or very close, it feels like you’re getting sparks and getting electrocuted. Your heart will always act up so wildly whenever they are around, and deflating and melting whenever their eyes are on you.” Minjoo added with a dreamy sigh.


 

The middle blocker just wanted for the ground to bury her alive. A perfect description of what she feels whenever Minjoo is close, like right now, she feels like melting whenever the older woman’s eyes are on her. It’s so scary and heartwarming at the same time. She just wants Minjoo’s eyes to be settled on her, only to her.


 

“All in all, everything just feels right, feels better whenever they are there, with you.” Minjoo finished, giggling to herself and stared at Yujin who’s staring back at her with an unreadable expression which made her feel a little bit nervous and even gulped, sinking further into her seat.


 

Yujin got a hold of herself, and fixed her posture. “So, you’ve liked someone before… I see,” She commented, nodding a bit. Minjoo snorted. “Of course, Yujin. What do you think I am? A robot? It’s normal to like someone, and we’re already in that age where we experience stuff like this.” She replied before narrowing her eyes to the other girl.


 

“What’s with the sudden question anyway? Perhaps, you like someone right now, Yuj?” Minjoo said, her voice trailing off and there’s hesitation on her gloomy tone, Yujin noticed. The med student gulped, shaking her head. “I-I don’t know, actually. Still… sorting it out? I mean, I’m new to this…” She honestly said, feeling uncomfortable with Minjoo’s sharp gaze.


 

“Oh…” Minjoo muttered, forcing out a smile. “Well, that’s okay. You could always tell me about it, Ahn.” She offered and Yujin sighed, nodding. “Of course.” She replied, averting her gaze from her eyes and just looking around the library, she just can’t meet Minjoo’s eyes for unknown reasons— she might do something that she might regret later on.


 

With that, silence fell over them. Both of their minds are running.


 


 

Yena, Chaewon, and Wonyoung got startled when Yujin suddenly approached their table in a rush, panting heavily and it looks like she ran all the way down here. “Woah, Yuj! What's wrong?” Chaewon asked, worriedly.


 

Yujin took a deep breath, and finally blurted out something and they could see fire in her eyes. “I like someone.” She announced which made the three gasp, surprised that they heard it coming from Yujin herself.


 

“And that someone is Kim Minjoo,”


 

“I like Kim Minjoo, like a lot.”


 

Silence engulfed them but Yena immediately reacted, breaking out into a grin while the other two remained dazed. She stood up and draped her arm around Yujin’s shoulders, patting it. “It’s about time.” She muttered, looking so proud while the middle blocker just stood there, blushing.


 

Chaewon gasped once again then started to wipe her imaginary tears while Wonyoung clapped slowly while grinning, obviously happy for their friend. They then started to bombard Yujin with questions and snickers like they knew it’ll come someday and many more.


 

“I don’t know what to do.” Yujin said, pouting as her gaze dropped on the floor. Yena ruffled her hair fondly. “At some point, all of us start somewhere. We’re here to help you, don’t worry. Now, let’s make her realize that you want her.” She said with a firm tone, already plotting a plan while the second youngest blushed furiously, not actually liking the thought of confessing, it terrifies her.


 

Yena noticed how her friend flinched when she mentioned that and sighed, she could already tell that Yujin is worrying about confessing but they are here to reassure her. “Hey, it’s alright. We’ll take it slow. Baby steps,” She muttered with a smirk. And Yujin doesn’t already like the sound of that.


 


 

Minjoo noticed Yujin’s odd behavior— ignoring her and avoiding her like a plague two weeks ago but now, being overly sweet and caring for her. It was bewildering, she wanted to feel creeped out but instead, she felt giddy because of the actions she was showing and stuff— and have you seen how she looks at her with those eyes? It never fails to make Minjoo’s heart flutter and flip uncontrollably.


 

She’s not entirely oblivious, she already experienced this. She gets confession at least twice a week, and she has a lot of persistent suitors— and also, she got into a relationship before so she’s not entirely oblivious. It’s just that, she doesn’t want to assume.


 

Yujin is nowhere like those people, she’s confusing, hard to read, and Minjoo doesn’t have any clue what she might be planning. At first, she knew that there was nothing special between them— just a simple and close friendship, but as each day passed, something kept blooming and shifting.


 

Of course, Minjoo certainly doesn’t like her friend that way, nor see her as like that but when she keeps saying that to herself, it’s starting to feel like she’s just lying to her own self. Well, she doesn’t want to assume, it’s bad— already a bad sign. However, can you blame her heart from fluttering when a whole Ahn Yujin kept sweeping her off her feet so easily?


 

Wait, wait— Minjoo doesn’t like Yujin that way! It can’t be, that would be insane. Haha, it’s normal for your heart to flutter whenever there’s a beautiful girl around you, right? Yujin is quite a charmer, for sure, she could make every girl and boy in this school kneel with her gaze alone.


 

And why does she keep comparing? Keep denying? If there’s nothing then she shouldn’t overthink like this— and wow, self, way to go! You’re just literally exposing yourself. Minjoo thought to herself and groaned, feeling frustrated. She should think of Yujin’s weird actions around her, not her feelings!


 

The more she thinks about it, the more her feelings keep getting exposed. God, she’s so confused. Does she like Yujin? Or it’s just a mere attraction that’s making her feel like this?


 

Damn, Minjoo, think! You’re experienced in this field but when it comes to Yujin and your own feelings, you’re very confused and helpless.


 

Minjoo let out a frustrated sigh as she massaged her temples, ugh, she could feel it exploding any minute now because of thinking too much and the fact that she needs to study for physics made everything worse than it is.


 

When she was about to have a breakdown, Yuri suddenly appeared with two cups of coffee and gave Minjoo the other one before sitting down across her. The short haired woman instantly frowned when she saw her friend. Soulless eyes, dark arcs clinging under her eyes, pale, and obviously in daze. “God, you’re a mess.” She commented.


 

“Geez, thanks, no need to tell me.” Minjoo replied when she snapped out of her daze and took a sip from the cup. Yuri snickered. “You’re obviously overthinking, what trouble did you enter this time?” She asked, also taking a sip from her coffee, still observing her friend.


 

Deep sigh escaped from Minjoo’s lips, shaking her head. “Big trouble, I think.” She muttered, her lower lip. “I’m so, so confused and frustrated, Yul. So scared,” She added with a whine.


 

Yuri hummed, nodding. “Is it about Yujin?” She casually asked as she opened her book. Minjoo’s eyes widened, snapping her head towards her, surprised. “How—” She got cut off by Yuri herself. “We’ve been friends ever since we were kids, Minjoo. I know. Plus, I noticed Yujin too. I mean, her sweet gestures and stuff,” She answered with a shrug then giggled, just sticking her tongue out to the taller woman.


 

“Ugh, Yuri. You noticed it too, right?” Minjoo whined, covering her face as she took a deep breath. Yuri simply nodded. “Well, yes? It’s obvious that she likes you a lot, even way before,” She said and it almost made Minjoo suffer from cardiac arrest.


 

“Yuri, stop. I can’t assume, we can’t assume.” Minjoo grumbled as she pouted. The shorter woman blinked, giving her friend an amused look. “Damn girlie, you got it bad. Even worse than before.” She replied with a teasing smile.


 

Minjoo threw her a death glare. “You’re not helping at all.” She responded back while shaking her head, while her friend just stared at her, still wearing her amused smile. “You got it bad,” Yuri repeated and even emphasized her words to make it more intense then let out a giggle when Minjoo groaned.


 

“Obviously, Kim Minjoo,” Yuri suddenly shifted mood, looking at her friend with a serious gaze this time. “You like her too, what is stopping you from realizing and admitting?” She asked. Minjoo hissed at her. “I don’t like her that way. I’m just…” She paused, not knowing what to add and coughed awkwardly. “I’m just concerned, y’know? It might affect our friendship if Yujin really do like me.”


 

Humming, the music major turned her attention to the book and took a sip from her coffee cup again, still smiling. “As usual, Kim Minjoo. Why am I not surprised? You’re already obvious enough but still keep denying. That’s okay, sweetie. Denial is always the first stage.” She fired back.


 

Minjoo just pouted, sighing after and shook her head, trying to collect her thoughts. She needs to study first, she’ll just worry about it later but before she could even continue reading the sentence where she left off, Yuri suddenly spoke. “I wonder if the scene unfolding behind you will make you realize something.” She muttered.


 

The political science student tilted her head up to look at her with a quirked brow, also confused. “What?” She asked. Yuri puckered her lips, pointing a certain direction behind her and Minjoo followed it, looking back.


 

Her eyes lit up when she saw a familiar tall figure, it’s definitely Yujin but that glint didn’t last long because when she noticed that Yujin is not alone, she frowned instantly. She’s certain that she saw that face before, if she’s not wrong, then that’s Shin Yuna from the Department of Architecture.


 

She saw her often in the gym whenever the volleyball team had practice. Yuna is always there with her friends, watching the game without fail even way before. She could recall one time that they even went to the bleachers and tried to have a conversation with the other players there, and Minjoo even witnessed Yuna’s friends pushing her to the second youngest middle blocker of the team while blushing.


 

Minjoo is quite sure that Yuna likes her friend. She shouldn’t actually care, but the sight before her is triggering her, what an eyesore. She could feel a weird yet bad sensation bubbling up into her stomach, she couldn’t even stop herself from glaring and scowling, sharp eyes staring at Yuna’s hand on Yujin’s shoulders as they giggled together.


 

She suddenly felt sick upon witnessing that, her heart started to burn so she had to look away. She just silently looked at the book, trying to read but whenever she kept mentally reading those words, it won’t go into her brain— she can’t focus, the annoying scene of Yujin and Yuna laughing at each other kept playing in her mind.


 

The music major saw Minjoo’s unreadable expression and sudden quietness, she shouldn’t have supposed to laugh but it’s just funny seeing her friend like this. It’s quite rare for her to see like this, actually so it kind of surprised her. “Oh, would you look at that, it’s Yujin and Yuna-ssi.” She faked a honey-ed voice.


 

“I know that. I have eyes,” Minjoo coldly replied which made Yuri flinch. The short haired woman blinked, just staring at her friend with a very unbelievable look and giggled. “If I were you, go there and claim what’s yours.” She suggested with a teasing smile.


 

Minjoo looked up and sharply looked at her, making Yuri cower in fear. “Why would I do that? I do not like Yujin, and I certainly do not own her so she could do whatever she wants, entertain other girls beside me, and laugh with them like they are a couple.” She hissed, bitterness lying under her tone and Yuri could feel drops of cold sweat forming on her forehead.


 

“Woah, chill woman! Why do you look like you’re going to break the table? And oh god, that poor pen, it’s going to break into half.” Yuri pointed out, and Minjoo immediately loosened her tight grip on the pen and sighed. “You know what, I need to think, alone.” She announced and started to fix her things.


 

“Uhh, are you sure? Yujin is walking towards here.” Yuri suddenly said and before Minjoo could even react, a familiar voice entered her ears.


 

“Joo~” Yujin sang, sitting beside Minjoo with a sheepish grin before greeting Yuri. “Hey, Yuri~!” She chirped, the older woman beamed, throwing a sweet smile. “Hi, Yuj! In a good mood, I see.” She greeted her back.


 

Yujin hummed cutely, thinking. “Because we don’t have practice today, and I promised Minjoo to help her review for Physics later.” She answered with a smile, turning to the oddly silent Minjoo. “Right, Joo?” She asked while giggling.


 

Ahh, that cute dumb cute nickname. Minjoo couldn’t help but to blush a bit, thankfully, her face is covered by her long beige locks— but she’s still upset. Minjoo then turned to her after she calmed down, forcing out a smile to her, a crooked smile. “Ahh, about that, Yujin-ah. I need to do something so you won’t be needing to review me anymore. Thanks though.” She said, her voice trailing off then suddenly stood up.


 

“I really need to go now, see you two around.” She added before running off, Yujin didn’t even manage to follow her as she was surprised by the sudden behavior Minjoo showed. She slowly turned to Yuri, equally shocked as her.


 

“Just what happened? Did something bad happen earlier?” The med student asked, scratching her nape. Yuri nodded, smirking. “Yes. And it’s all your fault.” She said and Yujin was shocked at the sudden accusation, she didn’t even do anything— she just remained sweet and all caring around Minjoo though. “What? I did nothing, eh?”


 

The music major snickered, shaking off her head. “Ahh, seriously you two. It’s so painful to watch you guys.” She said, gathering her things and also placing it in her bag, she wouldn’t be able to study properly anyway, might as well just help the two of them. “Just confess already, Ahn. Minjoo won’t do so might as well take everything into your own hands.” She added which almost made Yujin choke.


 

“What—?”


 

“Don’t even deny. Gosh, you guys don’t even need to say it.” Yuri said, rolling her eyes as she shook her head, disappointed. Yujin is red as a tomato right now, awkward because she got caught. “A-Am I that obvious?” She whispered, as she shyly rubbed her nape.


 

“Very. Even Minjoo is getting confused and all, about her feelings, that is.” Yuri then added, tapping her index finger on the table and it made Yujin freeze, trying to sink in what the older woman had just said. “What do you—” She got cut off again.


 

“The reason why she’s acting like that earlier is because she got jealous of Yuna earlier. She witnessed it all.” Yuri said, and Yujin froze again, her heart being rapidly, she couldn’t believe but Yuri wouldn’t lie either. “B-But Yuna and I are just talking about this assignment in Literature.” She explained, deflating. She doesn’t know whether to feel worried or happy that Minjoo is jealous.


 

The music major shrugged, giggling. “Dunno,” She exclaimed before standing up. “But anyway, Ahn Yujin.” The middle blocker looked at her with a confused look.


 

“Take the risk to confess, it’s worth the shot. I’m telling you.” Yuri said with a smile, walking away after giving her a pat on the shoulders.


 

Yujin was left there at the table, staring at nowhere as her mind ran. Well, for sure, she’s not going to sleep later at night again with these thoughts bugging her.


 


 

Hey, Minjoo. Me and Yuna are just classmates, I don’t like her or anything. We were just laughing earlier because Mr. Park slipped at the doorway and we were together because we were discussing our assignment. I’m sorry you feel upset [DELETE]


 

Yujin sighed for the nth time, feeling troubled as she pressed backspace, watching her composed message for Minjoo to disappear. She doesn’t know if it’s the right thing but it feels like she needs to explain it to Minjoo.


 

It’s almost midnight yet here she is, typing and deleting the message after before she could even press send. She’s been like this for two hours or so already, contemplating whether to send that pathetic message or not so she could reassure Minjoo.


 

But then, she accidentally pressed send— making her panic and all, and when her phone vibrated to indicate that someone messaged her, she flinched and yelped hard, gulping as she opened it— feeling her soul leaving her body when she saw Minjoo’s contact name.


 

gummy hoarder <3


 

Sorry if I ever made you upset.

 

???

 

huh?

 

what are you even saying ahn yujin?

 

Are you not upset?

 

why would i feel upset? for what reason?

 

Oh…

 

Noting in particular hehe

 

you’re acting weird, yuj…


 

Yujin snickered because Minjoo is the one who was acting weird earlier.


 

Yuna is my classmate and we

were discussing our

assignment and laughing over the

Mr. Park incident earlier.

 

Just would like for you to know…


 

With a sigh, Yujin turned off her phone after waiting for Minjoo’s reply to her messages for an hour or so. She doesn’t know what to think, actually. Did Minjoo fall asleep or something? Or she just ignored her message?


 

Whatever, she needs to sleep early. They have practice tomorrow and stuff. She would like to ask Yena for some advice or so tomorrow.


 


 

“Why is Yuri here? And prez Kwon? Hitomi?” Yujin asked when she reached the gym, seeing Minjoo’s three closest friends kind of gave her a bad hunch already. Yena just smugly looked at her, gesturing for her to come. Yujin greeted them all before sitting down beside Yena, shrinking under their gazes.


 

Eunbi chuckled, crossing her arms. “Yena called for help. Thankfully, we are all free until later.” She enlightened the confused med student. Hitomi nodded in agreement. “Yes~ We heard that it’s about you and Minjoo— and oof, don’t react like that. We all know, Yujin. You are so obvious. We were just waiting for the both of you to confess with one another,” She assured.


 

Yuri laughed, letting her guitar case lean and rest on the wall near them. “Yeah, the moment our music class was done. I immediately dashed here.” She said. Yujin scratched her head, looking around, even Hyewon is here. “W-Why though?” She asked, gulping and feeling nervous.


 

“To help you confess to Minjoo.” Yena answered with a smile, Yujin snorted, shaking her head. “Guys, I’m—” Yuri cut her off. “Look, Yujin. If you won’t confess sooner then Minjoo will also overthink further and longer.” She said with a sigh. “Even if she will reject you, she won’t let your and her friendship go down to the drain.” She added and Yujin flinched at the word, ‘reject’.


 

The thought of her getting rejected is scary but at this point, she doesn’t care anymore, she just wants to let out her feelings however, she doesn’t have any courage to do so. Minjoo doesn’t seem to be the person who will avoid you after confession, Yuri confirmed that and Yujin is at ease upon learning that. She can’t afford to lose her because of these stupid feelings.


 

“Just believe in yourself, Ahn.” Eunbi added in, smiling sweetly at her to give her encouragement. Hyewon huffed, walking towards the court. “I already told you what I want to say, Yujin.” She said, making them all look at the team captain. “Anyway, let’s practice now. Time is ticking, we could just talk later.” She said when she spotted their other teammates entering the gym.


 

With a sigh, Yujin complied. “We’ll be here to watch. Minjoo’s class will end at five.” Yuri said, sitting on the bleachers with a smile.


 

Throughout the game, Yujin managed to play well even though her mind was literally occupied the whole time. To confess or to not confess? Well, technically, the time will come that she will definitely confess but why not do it while it’s still early so it’ll get over with already? Maybe, Yujin should gather more courage but in times like this, she might just blurt out a confession one of these days.


 

The practice didn’t last, they went to huddle around this certain spot in the gym afterwards. Most of the players left, even Hyewon who was in a hurry because she still had some meetings to attend to so she couldn’t gossip.


 

“Nice game, even though I can tell that you’re distracted.” Hitomi teased, giggling while Yujin just pouted, sitting down on the bleachers with a sigh. The others huddled around her, giving her a look full of expectation.


 

“We really like you for Minjoo, Yujin-ah.” The president of the student council, Eunbi, said with a gentle smile. Yuri and Hitomi nodded with that while Chaewon and Wonyoung whistled. “We know you will treat her as a princess. Give her everything she deserves. We can tell that you’ll be the perfect lover for her.” Yuri added, patting Yujin’s head while the latter just took a deep breath, mum.


 

“You have our blessings and support!” Eunbi joked to lighten up the mood, making all of them chuckle. Chaewon shook her head, amused as she leaned on the bleachers. “We definitely like Minjoo for our friend here too, of course. We saw her change for the better because of that girl.” She said, making Yujin blush, hissing at her— feeling embarrassed.


 

Wonyoung nodded, clasping her hands together as she seriously looked at Yujin. “They will make a great couple.” She complimented and winked at the older woman. Yena flicked her fingers. “Definitely.” She seconded with a laugh.


 

“Anyway, y’all want to jam while we wait for Minjoo?” Yuri suddenly suggested, taking her guitar case and opening it. All of them howled in excitement, Yujin just smiled as she watched them.


 

Yuri started to strum the guitar, Chaewon immediately perked up when she recognized the song, excitedly squealing before singing along. The others started to sing along too, and somehow, it made Yujin relax. She loves music, music makes everything better. She sometimes sings to distract or entertain herself, and it’s very effective actually.


 

They were just jamming around but then, a figure suddenly entered the gym. Yena gasped, shaking Yujin’s shoulders furiously in excitement. “Oh my god, your love interest is finally here.” She whispered, while Yujin just growled at her, watching Minjoo wave shyly at them across the gym before walking to their direction.


 

Yujin’s eyes stayed still on her, feeling her heart race. She could feel someone nudging her and turned around to see who, it was Yuri who’s giving her a smile. “Will you confess today?” She asked while wiggling her eyebrows.


 

Hitomi laughed, patting Yujin’s tense shoulders. “You should, Ahn~” Eunbi nodded as well, liking the idea. “Come on, Yujin. It's very nice timing, dear.” She also encouraged the med student.


 

Chaewon and Wonyoung also kept nudging Yujin to stand up and meet Minjoo halfway. Yena gave her a bright grin, winking. “Man up, my friend! No time for cowardice.” She said.


 

Yujin just looked at them with a helpless gaze before turning to Minjoo who’s still walking to their spot, a small smile etched on her lips and somehow, everything felt complete and lovely just because her presence is present here. She could feel a very weird and warm sensation spreading through her chest, and somehow, adrenaline rushing up into her veins that made her stand up— startling all the girls huddled around.


 

Without thinking further, she silently grabbed the guitar from Yuri’s hold before looking at surprised Yena and Chaewon, giving them a pointed look then turned around, walking towards Minjoo to meet her halfway as she tightly held the guitar with her sweaty and trembling hands.


 

Yena and Chaewon followed immediately, even doing a high five as they walked behind Yujin because they know what Yujin is exactly planning. Their friend never really fail to amuse them. Meanwhile, the others stayed back, gasping and squealing as they just watched the scene to unfold before them.


 

Minjoo’s pace slowed when she saw Yujin marching towards her with Yuri’s guitar, frowning and confused but as usual, she could feel her heart beating so wildly upon seeing her face in person again after that walking out incident. She felt guilty leaving her like that yesterday, and knowing that Yujin knew what was the real reason why she got upset made her more embarrassed than she is right now.


 

But there is just something with Yujin today that she couldn’t pinpoint, and it’s making her nervous yet anticipating what she’s about to do. Minjoo just knew this day would be special somehow.


 

Yujin, never in her life, sang for someone. Besides her closest friends, and family, no one knows she can sing nor she says that it’s her hobby to sing— that she has talents for it. She doesn’t sing for anyone, only for herself because she’s too shy and she would like to keep it herself but why is she exactly walking down towards Minjoo with a guitar and thinking of what song she should sing as her style of confessing?


 

Heh, she must be crazy, well— yes, crazy for Kim Minjoo, the girl she saw that fateful afternoon in the convenience store months ago hoarding the gummies and somehow became her classmate slash seatmate, then became close with her and caught feelings for her. Well, Minjoo is a loveable person anyway, who wouldn’t fall for her beauty? Charms? Wit? Personality? Attitude? Impossible, even the great Ahn Yujin got caught in her spell, so smitten for her.


 

She halted in front of Minjoo, leaving a nice and perfect gap between them though. She can see the confusion in her eyes. Suddenly, she felt shrinking under that gaze, regretting that she impulsively did this and she just wanted to run away. But Ahn Yujin isn’t like that. Come what may.


 

And when Minjoo wasn’t expecting anything, Yujin moved her hand and strummed the guitar with her slender fingers, creating a very soft and melodic sound that could put one at ease already.


 

I’ve been tired ever since yesterday

 

I’m still half-asleep

 

I turn on music and my cell phone


 

Minjoo blinked, dumbfounded when she heard Yujin softly singing. She couldn’t even bring herself to move a muscle or widen her eyes to express that she’s shocked because she’s just… beyond shocked and overwhelmed. Yujin’s hypnotizing voice flooded her ears, and Minjoo felt like she’s on cloud nine.


 

When Yujin started to sing, she could feel herself shaking, thankfully her voice didn’t waver or anything due to nervousness. She sang with all her heart and full of emotions, effortlessly while staring directly into Minjoo’s orbs. She doesn’t even know why she sang Ride, maybe because it’s her favorite song and it perfectly fits, she will definitely ask Minjoo to a Han River date.


 

I check the weather and open the window

 

I’m feeling really chill right now

 

I wonder if I should see what my friends are up to


 

Along the way, Yujin relaxed, more laidback and chill as she got used to it. She could even hear Chaewon and Yena’s voice behind her, perfectly harmonizing with her and backing up.


 

Oh, if I go out, I might be alone

 

But my phone rings


 

All of the people present in that gym are in awe because of Yujin’s god-tier vocals, Eunbi even whistled, complimenting the middle blocker quietly as they continued watching and listening. And Chaewon and Yena’s soft voices made everything better as the both of them harmonized with Yujin.


 

Where are you, girl? Let’s ride a bike, come on!

 

The weather’s nice, let’s hang out by the Han!


 

“Your smile is enough to complete my day. You are the one who I am looking forward to the most everyday.”


 

Yujin thought as she sang while staring at the dazed Minjoo, still softly strumming the guitar. And wow, how is she beautiful? So beautiful.


 

Who wouldn’t want to?!

 

Come and ride, come and ride

 

Come and ride, yeah!


 

“Just thinking of you makes me smile like an idiot already. I can’t focus on anything whenever I’m with you, you got all of my attention, I’m so smitten for you, I’m ready to do anything just to see a glimpse of your wonderful smile and it’s crazy.”


 

Where are you, girl? Let’s ride a bike, come on!

 

The weather’s nice, let’s hang out by the Han!

 

Who wouldn’t want to?!

 

Come and ride, come and ride

 

Come and ride, yeah!


 

“I’m flaming in jealousy whenever I see you with someone, like I just want you to keep from the world and keep you for myself, that urge is too strong. And the way whenever our skins touch or whenever you’re so close with me, when your eyes are on me? God, my heart will race and I feel like melting.”


 

Let’s ride, come and ride

 

Come and ride

 

Let’s ride, come and ride

 

Come and ride


 

Yujin stopped strumming, and singing, but her eyes remained on Minjoo who’s still frozen in her spot. She then gave her a very sweet and dashing smile. “Hey, Kim Minjoo,” She called for her attention.


 

“I really like you.”


 

“Can we have a date at the Han River?”


 

She finally confessed! She finally blurted out those words she has been itching to say to her all the time. Took her long enough, actually. She has been pining for her without her realizing, and somehow, realized it then denied it until she finally accepted these feelings. No regrets on liking Kim Minjoo.


 

Yujin flinched when suddenly, a loud cheering and howls could be heard around the court, her eyes widened when she saw a lot of people gathering around and watching them the whole time. She didn’t even notice! She suddenly felt shy and would like for the ground to eat her up.


 

Meanwhile, Minjoo is still just looking at her silently, and it made Yujin lose hope, actually. Her shoulders started to slump, feeling herself deflating because Minjoo wouldn’t answer or say anything.


 

But then, Minjoo suddenly took a step forward and their gazes met. Yujin almost got a heart attack when the shorter woman threw her a smile. “Sure, Ahn Yujin. I’ll go on a date with you.”


 

Okay, Yujin almost fainted on spot, no kidding. She didn’t know this thing would happen to her, ever, she didn’t know how powerful it is that she could feel her legs giving up because she’s feeling too much emotion.


 

“I-I,” Yujin stammered, ignoring the howls and squeals booming around the court. She got caught off guard when Minjoo suddenly took another step forward closer, they are so close that their upper bodies are just an inch away from one another then tiptoed. Yujin even thought she was going for a kiss but Minjoo leaned closer near her reddening ear.


 

“By the way, I like you too.” Minjoo confessed back and Yujin shivered because of her warm breath and husky voice, and those words she just said. Everything is too much, she couldn’t handle it, she couldn’t properly function. The older woman then pulled away after pressing a kiss on her jaw.


 

The crowd gasped with that sweet gesture Minjoo did. Yujin surely did go to heaven for a while after that, she could feel her soul leaving her body and her mind went blank, blinking like an idiot there as Minjoo smiled at her sheepishly.


 

And like she was programmed, she said. “Wait for me here. I’ll be quick.” She muttered with a monotonous tone before running towards the bleachers, leaving Minjoo and the others dumbfounded. She literally shoved the guitar back to Yuri and then proceeded to get her bag. Wonyoung didn’t even manage to ask what she would do because Yujin already dashed back to Minjoo.


 

When she reached Minjoo, she immediately grabbed her wrist, tugging her towards the exit. “W-Where we will go?” Minjoo asked, letting Yujin drag her out of the court and away from people’s eyes.


 

Yujin halted before turning to her, flashing a smile. “To Han River. Let’s go.” And with that, the athlete dragged Minjoo out of that place fully, leaving the people especially the squad in confusion but they all hopped around in happiness anyway, letting the new couple spend their day together while they just talked with one another there.


 

The bus ride towards the Han River was kind of awkward, Yujin was silent the whole time, also Minjoo. Both of them are awkward and shy with one another, but their clasped hands remained glued together throughout. Yujin would even suddenly smile like an idiot as she stared at their intertwined hands while Minjoo would blush and look around.


 

When they reached the park, they just walked silently, still holding hands as the sun started to set before them. There are a lot of people around but not that crowded enough, it’s very peaceful and healing.


 

Gleeful sounds of children running around and chasing each other, the murmurs of other peoples, different songs coming from other directions, and the nice glow of the skies. Perfect for a first date.


 

Yujin could feel Minjoo’s hold will tighten sometimes, especially if her hold will loosen, it’s enough to say that she likes holding hands with her as much as likes it too. And she’s glad and can’t help but blush.


 

In fact, Yujin never saw herself holding hands with her love interest until this happened. She’s not really into romance and stuff, and just chilling, her attention is divided by studying and volleyball only. She even thought she wouldn’t ever enter a relationship but here she is, taking her shot.


 

Kim Minjoo is that special.


 

Yujin had never thought she would be able to feel like this: giddy, lovestruck, smitten for a certain someone. And so far, she’s liking it already. It’s nothing like what other people describe, Yujin couldn’t even put it into words. It’s just that intense and wonderful. Also, she knew that in stuff like this, they don’t always experience rainbows and happiness. There will be a lot of ups and downs too, challenges, pain, and many more.


 

Surely enough, she’s ready to go through that as long as she has Minjoo. Nothing is scary anymore that she got Minjoo by her side now.


 

“Do you want ice cream?” Yujin suddenly asked when she saw an ice cream stall nearby, glancing at Minjoo. The latter hummed, nodding her head cutely. “Yes, please. I’ve been craving for one.” She answered which made the taller woman grin. “Hmm ‘kay then, let’s go.” She responded then gently dragged Minjoo to the stall.


 

Chocolate for Yujin, and vanilla for Minjoo. As they ate their ice cream, they strolled around but they actually never talked much, just asking how the classes were, and quizzes, and stuff. But then, Minjoo finally decided to insert the topic she has been itching to talk about.


 

“You know, I never expected this,” She suddenly muttered and oddly enough, Yujin knew what she was inferring to, nodding along to agree. “I never thought I would do it too, I was surprised myself as well. But I just went along because my instinct told me to do so. No regrets.” She replied back with a bright grin which made Minjoo smile too.


 

“You have a very nice voice,” Minjoo suddenly complimented and Yujin turned red, looking away and feeling embarrassment creeping up into her whole being. “Thank you, I guess. I'll sing often for you then.” She offered with a smile.


 

The both of them decided to finally sit on the vacant bench they spotted after finishing their ice creams. By now, the moon has already appeared and the sky is already dark, stars are scattered around beautifully. They have the perfect view of the bridge, it’s lights are already on and it’s a very pleasant view.


 

Too bad they can't have a ride around since it's already dark and they can't hire a bike, maybe next time. Yujin will surely ask her for a ride around the park.


 

Silence engulfed them once again, but it’s a very comfortable one, and their hands are still tightly clasped with one another, Minjoo could even feel Yujin’s thumb caressing her hand gently which made her shiver and blush.



 

But it made Yujin think, she should really speak and start a conversation, for sure they have a lot of stuff that they need to talk about now that they confessed to each other. Until now, Yujin can’t still believe that Minjoo likes her back, well— she noticed some hints already but of course, as usual of her silly self, played safe and just ignored it, treating it as a friendly gesture.


 

After taking a deep breath, Yujin glanced at Minjoo who was admiring the view in front of her. “Remember when I asked you what it’s like to actually like someone?” She started off, making Minjoo turn to her and their eyes met.


 

The pol-sci hummed, recalling that moment, of course— it’s like she just indirectly confessed, while she answered that, she could only think of how Yujin made her feel but not from her past experience. “Yeah? What about it?” She asked. Yujin smiled, averting her gaze to look at the skies.


 

“Well, I might or might not have realized something.” She muttered with a soft sigh. Minjoo tilted her head. “What is?” She questioned, and Yujin slowly looked back at her once again, making her heart flutter.


 

“It’s that everything seems better and perfect when I’m with you. You made me feel a lot of good foreign things that I never thought I would feel for someone,” Yujin silently responded, giving Minjoo a very lovestruck look.


 

Minjoo was taken aback because of those words, her heart once again raged wildly inside her chest, feeling her cheeks warming even if it’s chilly around. “Oh…” She managed to mutter, feeling shy all of a sudden.


 

Yujin giggled, scooting closer to Minjoo and just stared at her with full of fondness in her eyes, Minjoo could feel herself melting and so weak under that intense gaze, wanting to drown herself into those lovely pools of hazelnut orbs. “I don’t know when or how it started, but one thing is for sure…” She mumbled softly, bringing their intertwined hands to her lips, pressing a gentle kiss on the back of Minjoo’s hand.


 

“I’m so deeply smitten to you, Kim Minjoo. I like you 3000.”


 

It sent Minjoo into another dimension, she could feel herself breaking down and ascending. Everything feels too overwhelming and Minjoo couldn’t catch up because she’s too busy malfunctioning.


 

“Y-Yujin,” She whispered, but the taller woman just smiled at her. She gulped, also lovestruck for this woman in front of her, it’s just so unreal that she can make her feel intense emotions and feelings like this that she didn’t even feel for her past lover before. And never she had thought that Yujin has this cheesy side yet Minjoo is actually loving this side.


 

“I never thought I would fall into you, a gummy hoarder.” Yujin suddenly added which ruined the romantic atmosphere. Minjoo snickered but she just chuckled before responding properly.


 

“You know, I was seriously in denial at first but my actions showed it all, I guess.” Minjoo muttered, scratching her nape awkwardly. “I seriously spent countless sleepless nights thinking of you and my feelings. Do I like you platonically or romantically?” She said then sighed. “But if there’s nothing then I shouldn’t be denying anything.” Added by her as she tightened her hold.


 

“I didn’t even notice that I’m falling, falling deeper and deeper each day. Those feelings of mine for you keep blooming until I couldn’t help it no more. Especially when you did that serenade and confessed to me, I surrendered.” Minjoo then shared, smiling at her lover. “I realized that… Ah, I look so pathetic denying my feelings for you but obviously enough, I feel the same. I really, really like you, Ahn Yujin.” She muttered, feeling shy so she just leaned into Yujin’s neck so the latter wouldn’t see her red face.


 

The taller woman giggled, pulling her closer and engulfed her into a very warm and tight hug. Minjoo could feel herself melting, and Yujin’s soothing scent flooded her nose.


 

The both of them just embraced each other like that for a long time, cherishing each other’s warmth. So peaceful and satisfying, Minjoo even almost fell asleep on Yujin’s chest because everything just feels right.


 

They only separated with one another when Yujin spoke, Minjoo broke the hug so she could look at her lover who’s also staring down at her. “So, what are we now? I mean—” Yujin panicked, blushing as she scratched her cheek, looking around except for Minjoo’s eyes. “I’m not rushing you or anything. I know this is all of a sudden, and escalating too fast. I will definitely court you first.” She said, which made Minjoo laugh, pinching Yujin’s cheek because she found her very adorable.


 

“To be honest, I’m okay if we officially date today, call each other girlfriends and stuff. You can always court me even though we’re already girlfriends. Sounds much better, right?” Minjoo suggested with a wink, making Yujin turn into a blushing and stuttering mess.


 

“W-We’re girlfriends now, like officially dating? You’re m-mine, and I-I’m yours?” The younger woman stuttered, asking her lover as she malfunctioned. Minjoo hummed, nodding to confirm it. “Why? You don’t want to?” She teased.


 

Yujin’s eyes widened, shaking her head furiously which made the older woman laugh in amusement. “No! I certainly want it! You’re my girlfriend now and I’m your girlfriend, Kim Minjoo. We’re officially together from now on.” She said, and pulled Minjoo into a hug again.


 

Minjoo just giggled, hugging her girlfriend back and even pressed a kiss on her chin before nestling on her neck once again. There was a comfortable silence between them once again and the older woman couldn’t help but to feel amused because Yujin looks like she’s in great daze, it still won’t sink in to her, most probably— she just let her because she herself still couldn’t believe it either, that all of these happened just in a span of a day and she’s not regretting it all or anything. She’s just genuinely happy how it all turned out for the both of them.


 

Yujin broke the hug, suddenly caressing Minjoo’s face which made the latter blink. They just stared with one another with flushed cheeks. “So, it means I can kiss you?” She shyly asked. Minjoo blushed, cheeks flaring red.


 

“U-Uhh, yes? It’s normal between lovers, Yujin-ah.” She just responded.


 

“Well, can I?” Yujin asked, sounding like a kid asking for permission but even though Minjoo already saw it coming, it almost sent her into cardiac arrest. She couldn’t even verbally reply as she was too overwhelmed and just nodded as a response.


 

And when Yujin inched closer, Minjoo shot her eyes close instantly.


 

Meanwhile, the athlete is panicking because she doesn’t actually know what to do. She’s anxious, she never kissed someone before. She’s afraid that she might do something wrong but she can’t keep Minjoo waiting like that so after one last intake of breath, she finally engulfed the painful inch between their lips.


 

It was just an innocent peck, Yujin immediately pulled away after three seconds, feeling too overwhelmed and she might explode any second now. She was surprised how pleasant it feels kissing someone. She just literally damped her lips against Minjoo’s soft ones yet it already feels so sweet and addicting, liking the feeling of it already.


 

Yujin couldn’t even breathe properly anymore, she immediately retreated her hands and started to think how she would face Minjoo properly without stuttering and getting blushy when suddenly, she felt something clutching her collar and fingers caressing her chin, moving it towards a certain direction and a second after, she could feel a familiar soft thing pressing against her lips.


 

Minjoo initiated the kiss this time. The older woman then moved her hand, caressing her cheek instead while the other one s around her nape, pulling her closer. Yujin blinked, feeling her soul leaving her body especially when Minjoo’s lips started to move gently. She couldn’t even do anything but to awkwardly place her hands around her waist and back.


 

The kiss pretty much didn’t last, Minjoo broke it, giggling as she wiped Yujin’s lips. “Can’t resist it,” She confessed as she pinched the younger’s red cheek and placed a kiss on her nose. Yujin went red even more, coughing as she tried to catch her breath silently. “I-I’m sorry.” She suddenly apologized and Minjoo could tell what is all about. “Why are you saying sorry? It’s alright. We could always work on that. We have plenty of time to practice.” She teased then threw her flustered lover a wink before settling on her shoulders again, resting her head there.


 

“Let’s have dinner.” Yujin suddenly suggested in the middle of silence, and Minjoo hummed, liking the idea. “Sounds good~ I know a nice place nearby.” She said, and detached herself from her lover and stood up. Yujin did the same and once again, like a pair of magnets, they held each other’s hands.


 

However, before Minjoo could even walk, Yujin stopped her and made her face her. The shorter yet older woman arched a brow to her girlfriend when suddenly, Yujin took a step forward, pressing a sweet kiss on her forehead before muttering a low. “Thank you.”


 

Warmth spread through Minjoo’s chest, making her smile and look up at Yujin. “Thank you too.” She responded back which made the younger smile at her. “Lead the way to the place~” Yujin sang and Minjoo tightened her hold. “Just follow me, Ahn~”


 


 

Cookie



 

“Yah, Kim Minjoo.”


 

Minjoo’s ears perked up from the call, it’s definitely her friend, Yuri so she immediately averted her gaze from the book and looked behind her, seeing Yuri and Hitomi approaching the table with smiles on their faces.


 

“Yes?” She gently asked, pushing her specs that was about to fall from her nose and just followed her friends with her gaze. The music major leaned on the table while Hitomi sat across her. “Stop studying, loser, we’ll watch the volleyball match.” She said, then started to tug Minjoo’s arm.


 

“Eh? There’s a match today?” The tallest among them asked, blinking as she hesitated since she had some assignments that she needed to do. Yuri saw the hesitation in her eyes and signaled Hitomi, which the latter caught immediately and leaned closer to close Minjoo’s book. “This assignment is due next week, Min.” She said with a cheeky smile.


 

Oof, she got caught. Well, she wouldn’t be able to escape from them anyway so might as well go with them to the match— she needs to meet Hyewon since that sneaky cousin of hers stole her gummies the last time they met.


 

With a defeated sigh, she just nodded along and hid her book in her bag before letting herself get dragged towards the gym. “Eunbi reserved a seat for us, and she’s definitely fuming right now.” Yuri snickered as they tried to squeeze through the crowd. It’s already noisy, it seems like the match has already started.


 

“Ugh, finally, you guys are here.” Eunbi rolled her eyes as she retorted, the three gave the older woman an apologetic smile before taking a seat.


 

Minjoo roamed her gaze around, it’s packed and noisy but it’s a normal occurrence when there’s a match here. There are a lot of outsiders too, cheering for their representatives. Her eyes then finally landed on the court, checking the scoreboard first and their school is leading with two points so far.


 

She saw her cousin inside the court, panting lightly as her serious and sharp gaze was on the flying ball— moving fastly yet gracefully towards the ball and caught it, passing it to the setter and if Minjoo could remember— her name is Ryujin.


 

The setter tossed the ball and a figure came flying from nowhere, spiking the ball towards the other side and it’s a flawless in, the opponent didn’t even manage to save it. The crowd, of course, roared because they scored another point.


 

Minjoo’s gaze remained to the person who caught her off guard by appearing out of nowhere and jumped then spiked the ball. She will admit but this one is good, and fast. She isn’t familiar with her though that’s why she tried to spot her surname in the back of her jersey.


 

Ahn. 05.


 

Hmm, Minjoo doesn't really know her. She’s friends with some of Hyewon’s teammates but of course, she doesn’t know some of them either. How come this eye-catching tall lady didn’t manage to catch her eyes or Minjoo never really noticed her so much? Maybe, she’s new?


 

“Hey,” She leaned in to Yuri’s side who’s very engrossed watching. “Who’s the Ahn? New player?” She asked and the music major turned to her. “Yes, she’s already making a buzz around because she’s so good! She’s your batchmate, a freshman too.” She muttered, eyes still on the court. Minjoo glanced at the tall woman again, gasping when she jumped with the other unfamiliar tall woman, blocking the opponent’s attack— and scored once again, the ball didn’t even manage to pass through.


 

“See! She’s really good, she’s the new middle blocker with that Jang. So far, they are showing a very great game. They are worthy of their positions in the team. But that Ahn though, she’s literally an all rounder. You saw her attack earlier? Damn,” Yuri complimented, clapping when Hyewon served. Minjoo hummed, crossing her arms as she got enlightened, watching the game again silently— she’s in awe because of that Ahn woman. A freshman yet talented.


 

She will definitely be the team’s new ace soon.


 

The game soon became more heated, the crowd became louder— Minjoo is very much impressed by the new players, especially Ahn. She’s doing spectacular, she must be the new player that Hyewon was blabbering about last month, that she aced the tryouts that was why the team immediately took her in.


 

“Oh, their names are Jang Wonyoung,” Yuri suddenly said to her while scrolling through her phone. “And Ahn Yujin.” She added. Minjoo slowly nodded, she heard her clear as she opened a pack of gummies.


 

Once again, her eyes remained glued to the tall woman, once again jumping with Jang Wonyoung to block the ball and landing on her feet casually as they scored another point. She ate a piece of gummy, the sweet and fruity taste of it invading her tasting senses and smiled.


 

“Ahn Yujin.”



 



 

A/N: wahhhh, this is the story i’ve been working on these days lol i wrote this for like four days? lmao i think i overdid it omg 20k lol but anyway, how was the long read? pfft. i hope you guys enjoyed it like i enjoyed writing this one. sorry for the mistakes and stuff! thanks to a certain someone, this story came into life haha! thank you again.

 

please upvote and comment your thoughts~