Catboys & Ghouls

Catboys & Ghouls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sehun was most certainly prepared for Halloween this year. He ended up creating his own costume because he thought all the other costumes at Spirit Halloween were too tacky or unappealing. So he thought making your own costume had its own special ‘pizzazz’ and wanted to try it, and followed a few tutorials on how to make masks, gloves and other pieces.

 

After taking time to design and put together his costume, it was finally finished a few days before his friend's party.

 

Later that night he was actually planning on attending that Halloween party held at his closest friend, Chanyeol’s place. Which was another reason he went all out and made his own costume, he wanted to show off his skills.

 

Only problem about going to the party was because of the costumes as well. He wasn’t at all afraid of ‘scary’ costumes- in fact that’s what he hoped to see. He believed that Halloween costumes should be scary, because then what would be the point? He was actually anxious to see other costumes that had no horror element what-so-ever, and instead be something cute or cheesy which was something he did not want to see. 

 

Nonetheless, Sehun was definitely going to go, he wanted to display his hard work that took him 3 and a half weeks to finish. He was proud of how good it came out, especially with how many failed attempts it took him to make his mask (skipping the most important steps nearly six times..), which was the main piece.

 

His costume consisted of a disgustingly disfigured goblin head that had two huge pointy ears protruding from the patchy red bald head, a bat like nose sticking out in the middle of the face, and a jaw locked in place to look like it’s screaming with its rows of shark-like teeth stained with fake blood to give it a gorey look, and on his back he would later on stick two jagged nubs with clay as if they were ripped wings and use body paint to make the clay look like it was a part of him. He also had ripped ‘bloody’ black shorts, and gloves and shoes that looked like claws to complete the look.

 

Sehun let out a content sigh, excited for the Halloween party, he was most certainly sure of himself that his costume was the epitome of a perfect costume.

 

-

 

After quickly gathering his things and getting dressed, Sehun locked his door to his small affordable apartment and began to walk to his college.

 

Thankfully since Sehun’s apartment was fairly close to his college, he was able to pick up a cheap breakfast sandwich at the local convenience store near his place, which was a regular morning routine for him unless he slept in and was running late. But today he had plenty of time, so he didn’t need to skip a meal to make it to his class on time.

 

Finally Sehun arrived at his main building for his morning classes, then spotted a slightly taller broad lengthy man on his phone as he waited by the entrance of the large building. He had large eyes and ears, giving off a sort of playful puppy aura around him.

 

When the tall man caught a glimpse of Sehun he put his phone away and smiled, waving ecstatically, “Yo, Sehun!” then jogged over to meet up with him.

 

“What’s up, Chanyeol?” Sehun chuckled at his best friend as they entered the building, then noticed the itching expression on Chanyeol's face, so Sehun asked, “Something good happen?”

 

“Remember how I asked my housemate to come to the party but kept saying no?” Chanyeol turned his head to look at Sehun with a silly smile on his face.

 

Sehun quirked a brow replying, “Yeah, why? Finally convinced your crush to come, so you can follow him around like a dog like at that time when we went to get drinks?”

 

Chanyeol's face flushed as he sputtered out, “C-crush?! He’s only my housemate!”

 

“Mhm, sure, anyways as you were saying?” Sehun rolled his eyes playfully, continuing to walk up some stairs to the next floor.

 

Clearing his throat, Chanyeol gathered himself, “Okay, anyways, he actually ended up canceling plans with that one friend so he said he’d come, he’s even gonna help buy drinks!”

 

Sehun hummed and nodded, impressed, “Wow this is big, he’s even canceling plans for you. When are you guys getting married?”

 

Chanyeol’s face blushed a deep beet red and started to ramble and fumble with his words, which was Sehun’s cue to tune him out and eat his sandwich he bought from the convenience store earlier.

 

But just as he began to peel off the plastic wrap, someone bumped into his shoulder, causing him to drop his sandwich.

 

Sehun sighed and picked his food up off the floor, then turned back to see who it was, to see if he knew them or not, but then realized he didn’t recognize either one of the two men that were too immersed in their own conversation to even acknowledge him.

 

Both men were quite short compared to him and Chanyeol; the boy to the right was wearing a beige sweater, black jeans and had jet black hair along with cat-like features, the one to the left- presumably the one who ran into Sehun’s shoulder, wore an oversized green hoodie, baggy dark grey sweats, chunky white tennis shoes and had a full head of fluffy light brown hair making his puppy-like appearance more appealing. 

 

While taking a bit longer look at the man to the left (although he couldn't really see him that well) Sehun thought to himself, ‘Not gonna lie he’s kinda cute..’  

 

But then Chanyeol tore Sehun from his daze, “Oh yeah, I know them! Those two that passed by, they’re in a couple of my classes, I actually invited them to the party too. They’re your upperclassmen, so you better be nice ‘ Mr. Halloween Expert’ .” Chanyeol teased and lightly punched Sehun on the shoulder.

 

‘Oh great, rude upperclassmen, even if that one guy was cute, they didn’t even apologize or say excuse me’ , Sehun sighed.

 

-

 

Sehun finished all his classes quickly, and near the end of his last two, he began to get antsy. He wanted to get home fast so he had time to set up his costume for the party. He knew that he had to double check his things to make sure he had enough makeup and body paint. He also took note of how long it would take him to finish everything since he was doing it all himself.

 

Once Sehun arrived at his apartment he immediately checked his supplies and instantly noticed he was low on his red body paint, which was the main color he needed, so he grabbed his wallet he put on his countertop and hurriedly jogged to the store.

 

-

 

“Crap they didn’t have Dae’s creamer…” Baekhyun mumbled under his breath as he walked down the empty sidewalk, a couple of bags of groceries in hand.

 

He continued to walk and think to himself, remembering his talk earlier with Jongdae, his best friend since they were practically in diapers, about some ‘tall super hot underclassmen’ the class was gossiping about, Bet they aren’t even good looking, everyone exaggerates all the time. Everyone has such basic taste in people.’

 

While Baekhyun strolled along he noticed a really tall sunflower that practically towered over him, and walked over to it to look at it closer.

 

‘I wonder if it smells nice.. It’s very pretty’ he thought to himself as he admired the bright colored flower, ‘I want to smell it, but.. I don’t want to look weird..’ 

 

Baekhyun swiftly looked left and right to assure himself no one was around, not wanting to embarrass himself, and slightly tilted his head trying to smell the flower. But sadly height was his disadvantage, the flower was too tall, and Baekhyun couldn’t grab it himself to bring it down because of the groceries that were occupying his hands, and he didn’t want to set them down either or they’d get dirty. 

 

“Um.. what are you doing?” Someone with a deepish voice asked awkwardly.

 

Baekhyun quickly snapped his head in the direction of the tall man with short jet black hair and sharp eyebrows that perfectly fit his face. He had on a jacket and a plain pair of jeans.

 

‘Crap he must’ve come from across the street’ Baekhyun thought to himself already cringing for what he done.

 

Sehun had just crossed the road on his way home when he spotted Baekhyun nervously standing and looking at the sunflower above him, so he decided to check on him just in case something was wrong.

 

When Sehun had gotten closer his cheeks heated up upon seeing Baekhyun’s soft features up close; puppy-dog face, light rosy cheeks most likey red from the chilly weather, soft fluffy brown hair, a cute button nose, and pretty pink tinted lips. He was absolutely adorable, and Sehun felt like he recognized him from somewhere, and had no clue where they must’ve met before or where he saw him from.

 

And when Sehun awkwardly got his attention Baekhyun ended up jumbling his words nervously, and stumbled trying to explain he was only trying to smell the flower, and it made Sehun chuckle and awe to himself.

 

“I was just trying to smell the flower, but it’s too tall and I have this crap in my hands so I didn’t know what to do- wait oh my god I must look like a creep just standing here and sniffing- whoops I’m sorry!” Baekhyun said as his cheeks continued to get red from embarrassment, and quickly bowed apologetically.

 

A small smile found its way to Sehun’s lips and he tried to hide it when a sudden urge to do something grew, and then he grabbed the stem of the flower since he was tall enough, and lowered it down to Baekhyun’s face.

 

“Here.” Sehun said casually. He was trying to sound nonchalant, but inside he was the exact opposite, he was panicking and gushing over every little thing the shorter man did, not sure if what he was doing was okay.

 

Baekhyun’s blush spread to his ears and his eyes widened at the gesture, then looked at Sehun and stood up straight again, realizing how pretty and handsome he was, and a burst of butterflies erupted in his stomach, making him feel anxious as he stood in place frozen.

 

He didn’t know what to do and didn’t want to further embarrass himself, so he quickly whiffed the flower, and not a second later rushed out another quick apology, “thank you so much, but I have to hurry home now, frozen stuff!” and dashed off, his face still flushed all the way from his reddened nose to the tips of his ears.

 

Sehun watched Baekhyun till he turned at a corner out of his sight, and laughed into his fist, mumbling about how odd he was, then continued to head home, still wondering why he looked so strangely familiar.

 

-

 

It took almost three hours for Sehun to get his costume prepared and finished. When he was finally ready, mask, makeup and all that, he called an Uber to pick him up, and drop him off at Chanyeol’s place.

 

As soon as Sehun stepped into the medium sized car, the driver commented, “Holy ! That’s one helluva costume man, scared me half to death. Did you make that yourself??”

 

Even though Sehun didn’t usually talk to the drivers, he smirked , already happy and gloating in the compliment as he answered, “Yeah, everything is all 'DIY', besides the body paint.”

 

“Oh wow,” the driver said under his breath, in utter astonishment, “how long did it take you?”

 

“Hm?” Sehun quirked a brow, “Fo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter