Dumb bear

Homecoming Queen

Homecoming Queen

Bae Joohyun, once people starts mentioning this name they would immediately think of the woman filled with grace and elegance. Not gonna lie tho that definitely defines her. A woman who’s close to perfection. Perfect family? Check. Perfect student? Check. Perfect athlete? Check. She literally got it all. From looks to books, pretty and brainy, kind and courteous, what more could you ask for?

 “Hey have you seen Irene? She’s playing archery again this year right? We should definitely watch her! She scores a bull like it’s the easiest thing to do!”

“I bet she’s still the face of the school for this year. I mean why wouldn’t she be?”

“That’s true, she definitely deserves that spot.”

She’s really that perfect huh? Literally the talk of the entire school. Kang Seulgi shrugged at the thought. She may be perfect in everyone’s eyes but it never reached Seulgi tho. ‘Nobody’s that perfect you know?’  is what Seulgi reasons out to her friends most of the time. It’s not like she has a problem with Irene, she just thinks Irene plays the safe card as always. Maintaining an image, faking herself.

“Hey bear! Where to?”

“Hey Lis, I’m off to the library. Doc Ian gave me extra readings kinda my fault too, I was late in one of his classes.”

“Aigoo. Our bear will never change huh? Still that hard-to-wake-up grumpy bear in the mornings Kang?”

“That’s constant Manoban.”

Lisa and Seulgi were friends for as long as they can remember. They were an inseparable duo, a major contributing factor to that was because their moms were best of friends as well. One thing Seulgi envied about Lisa tho was Lisa’s parents. Although their moms were the best of friends they differ greatly in parenting. Seulgi’s parents, well dad most of the time, were greatly against Seulgi’s preference in dating. It was one evening when Seulgi and Lisa admitted to their parents about liking girls which gained great opposition from her parents and acceptance from Lisa’s. Her bestfriend’s mom comforted her that night and said she’ll try to talk it out with her mom but it didn’t really change much. Seulgi used to be her mom’s favourite, that was when she didn’t admit liking girls tho—right now her mom even ridicules Seulgi’s ideas making her shut up during their family dinner.

“Baby! Seul! Hey you two~”

“Jisoo hi! It’s crazy how you call this tall twig a baby.”

“Aigoo. Don’t be too hard on her Seul, she’s a big baby after all.”

“Ya! That’s not how you fight for your girlfriend Jisoo!”

“Stop being a big baby then Manoban”

Seulgi shook her head to the crackhead couple. They were actually the most unexpected couple in school. Everyone thought they were just gals being pals—apparently they were banging. Seulgi scrunched her nose at the thought.

“Hey dummies and Seulgi, where are you guys going?”

“Jennie! I’m going with Seul to the library”

“Cool beans Lisa, I’m off with you guys as well. I have to do this research thing our prof asked us to comply.”

“Oooh, okay then. Baby you coming with us?”

“I don’t think so, but I’ll walk with you guys there. I have a lot of council duties Irene wants them finished as soon as possible.”

Seulgi’s attention immediately got caught upon hearing Irene’s name. So she’s that devoted to council duties as well? How is this person even real? Seulgi chuckled.

“Hey dumb bear why are you laughing?”

“Ya! You don’t have to call me a dumb bear you know?”

“Except you are.”

“Cool beans Jen at least I don’t pretend like I hate someone I love.”

Jennie rolled her eyes at Seulgi. It’s not like Seulgi lied tho. She pretends to hate Roseanne Park the girl who seconds to Irene when it comes to perfection. The school’s princess while Irene remained the Queen. Why Jennie hated her? No one ever knew, they woke up one day and Jennie says she hates the girl’s guts. It was only this year that Jennie admitted about liking the girl and the only reason she pretends to hate the girl was so she could annoy Rosie and in exchange Rosie would notice her. That confession made its toll on the girl tho, her friends never kept quiet about it and teases her every chance they got.   

“I don’t love her , I said I liked her, an admiration kind of thing.”

“Keep lying to yourself Jendeuk! You can’t just like someone for 4 years dummy.”

“Jisoo kindly keep it down would you? You’re the loudest council member, istg, why did you even win?”

“Simply because they got hooked with my charms I guess?”

“Damn right baby, good thing you’re already taken by me.”

“Gross.”

Jennie and Seulgi laughed because they literally had the same reaction to the chummy couple.

“Not our fault you don’t get the girls you like tho”

“I don’t even like anyone.”

“Not even our potential Homecoming Queen?”

“Potential homecoming queen? What even—who?”

“Told you guys. Dumb bear.”

“Hey! That’s mean!”