Regret

Mistakes (Seulrene ver.)

Notes: This story was originally wrote by me for MiMo but I decided to rewrite a Seulrene version of it. NO PLAGIARISM.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Seulgi has been working for two freaking hours already without rest. Her eyes were fixed on the screen monitor while her fingers were busy typing words. Sometimes, she would glanced at the wall clock as she became tired every seconds. Seulgi was stressed.

The clock struck to 1 am, yet there were still much works to do. The deadline is tomorrow. By hook or by crook, she need to settle it tonight because she had an important meeting with the administrator early in the morning. This could be her chance to get promote. As she was sinking in her world, she couldn’t hear that someone was walking towards her.

“Aren’t you gonna sleep?” A voice made her jolted on her seat but she didn’t take her eyes off of the screen. She just replied with a hum.

“I guess you don’t.” She said and let out a soft smile. Soon, the living room filled with the sound of Seulgi’s fingers typing on her laptop. Actually, Joohyun was sleeping in their bedroom earlier when she couldn’t find Seulgi beside her. She thought that maybe Seulgi was working and she was right when she saw Seulgi’s back in the living room with scattered papers on the coffee table.

Seulgi leaned her back on the couch while making noises with her finger. She felt numb after typing non-stop. Joohyun smiled amusingly at Seulgi but the latter didn’t even spare a glance to her. She guessed that maybe Seulgi was so tired because it past midnight. Later, Seulgi back to her work.

“You must be tired—“

“Joohyun, I’m not in the mood of talking right now.” Seulgi said. Joohyun understand Seulgi’s condition but she couldn’t help but to feel slightly hurt by her wife’s words. All this time, Seulgi would always talk to her nicely even she is busy, just like now.

“O-Okay,” Joohyun replied. Everyone who heard that could acknowledge that Joohyun is hurt. But Seulgi was too dense to realise that. She was too preoccupied with her work. Joohyun fixed her position beside Seulgi. She thought of a way to make Seulgi feel at ease. Ah, she got it!

Joohyun put her hands on Seulgi’s shoulder before slowly massage it with love. She thought Seulgi would like it but she was wrong. Seulgi sighed heavily.

“Joohyun!”

Joohyun stopped right away. Okay, if just now Seulgi only made her slightly hurt, now Seulgi has made her hurt for real. She lift her hands from Seulgi’s shoulder hesitately. Joohyun succeed at controlling her face expression, but she couldn’t manage to stop her tears from welling up.

Seulgi didn’t even realise what she had done. She didn’t have a clue that Joohyun was hurt by her reaction. She was stressed and in a situation where she didn’t want anybody to disturb her. She slammed the paper in the hand on the coffee table, which made Joohyun startled. A single tear dropped on her cheek.

Seulgi busy arranging the paper when she heard a sniff coming from her side. She was taken aback to see Joohyun looking at the floor while a tear rolling on her cheek. A sudden guilt engulfed her heart.

“Joohyun, I—“

Before Seulgi could finish her sentence, Joohyun got up from the couch and walked away. Seulgi sighed and leaned back on the couch while closing her eyes. What have you done, Seulgi?

Seulgi left the living room to their bedroom. The moment she opened the door, she heard a sniff but she couldn’t see anything. The bedroom was so dark as Joohyun didn’t switch on the lamp. The only light that could give Seulgi a sight was the bed lamp beside their king-sized bed. Seulgi felt guilty as she saw her wife’s back. Slowly, she went to her.

Joohyun’s breath hitched as she felt a weight on the other side of the bed. No need to doubt, she already knew who it was. Joohyun tugged on the duvet as she felt that Seulgi was getting near to her. She could smell Seulgi’s sweet scent lingering her nose. Her grip tighten.

“Hyunnie… I’m sorry. I don’t mean—“

“It’s okay. You can continue with your work.” Joohyun replied then sniffed. She always wanted to hold her tears but she couldn’t do that. Her tears kept rolling down and her heart clenched when she felt the weight gone. Did she go for real?

As much as Seulgi want to be by her wife’s side, she remembered about her work which did not finish yet. She had a meeting tomorrow. Her heart told Joohyun but her mind was the opposite. Right, she would finish her work then go to Joohyun. Yeah, she should.

While Joohyun, she felt hurt. She just said that to make Seulgi felt guilty, but in return, she had to receive in the end. She didn’t expect Seulgi to choose her work over herself. Joohyun was hurt, so much. In the end, Seulgi never return before Joohyun finally drove off to sleep because tired of crying. She didn’t know that Seulgi came back to her at 3 in the morning, hugging her while sleep with so much guilty.

The next morning, Joohyun woke up without Seulgi beside her. Did she sleep outside? Joohyun felt her heart clenched tightly at the thought. She made her way to the living room and found out that Seulgi was not there. She also went to the kitchen, but the result was still the same. She’s gone without seeing me first.

Seulgi didn’t return home at lunch. Usually, she would always come back at lunch time because her office is not that far from their house. Besides, Joohyun always cook lunch since they married last year. Yeah, Joohyun didn’t know cooking at first when she became Seulgi’s wife but she learn it just to impress Seulgi, to make she loves her more.

The fact that Seulgi didn’t return home at lunch caught Joohyun off guard (this words seems familiar, right?). Joohyun started to worried if Seulgi still mad at her. But she is not the only one to be fault. Seulgi was wrong too after all.

Only around dinner time, Seulgi finally come home. At that time, Joohyun was at the kitchen to cook dinner so she didn’t realise that Seulgi was already home. Seulgi placed her bag on the couch before walking to the kitchen. She smiled as she saw her wife’s back. Slowly, Seulgi tiptoed towards Joohyun, not wanting to produce any sound because she wanted to surprise the latter.

Seulgi slipped her hand around Joohyun’s waist, which later made the girl to shock. Joohyun almost cut her finger with the knife in her hand with the sudden contact.

“S-Seulgi?”

Seulgi answered with a hum. Joohyun’s heart fluttered when Seulgi tightened the hug but she didn’t forget that she still hurt.

“Let me go.”

Seulgi startled with Joohyun’s reaction. Is she still upset? Seulgi didn’t let her go but Joohyun seemed to struggle a lot to free herself from Seulgi. Seulgi is not that dumb as you think she is, she got it. They need to talk. We need to talk.

“It’s better if you take a shower while I’m cooking now. Dinner should be ready when you finish.” Joohyun said with a poker face, sending a thousand electricity to Seulgi’s heart. She somehow felt taken aback by Joohyun’s cold tone but thinking that they will have a talk later, Seulgi complied. Joohyun let a sigh as she lost contact with Seulgi’s body.

The dinner went quiet as none of them dare to break the silent. Joohyun was finished eating and now she waited for Seulgi. Somehow, she noticed that Seulgi was not really enjoy the dinner and she seemed a bit off after bathing. But Joohyun wanted to shrug it off.

After Seulgi claimed that she’s done with the dinner, Joohyun didn’t wait anymore and quickly cleared the table. Seulgi left alone in the living room while Joohyun washed all the dishes. The programs in the television seemed not interesting to Seulgi as she remained her non expression face at a comedy show. She completely sunk in her thought.

She didn’t get it why they had this kind of relationship now. They used to be sweet and cheerful couple, which never had any serious problems. Wait, there was. It happened when Seulgi finally believe in love. A year and a half ago, when Seulgi was still stand with her belief, which not ever give a damn chance to love, she met Joohyun.

Bae Joohyun, used to be savage stranger on their first met. It happened in one freaking rushing morning at a damn cafe, where Seulgi came to get a cup of coffee as her breakfast. Unfortunately, she bumped into this girl and somehow the cup was flying in the air, and later spilled it content on Joohyun’s shirt. Seulgi did get a mouthful curse from the girl.

Seulgi then learned that actually Joohyun was late for her very first interview and Seulgi turned out to be a problem to her. Seulgi did felt guilty to Joohyun, but it’s not entirely her fault. Later, she acknowledged that the company that Joohyun was going to join was led by her close friend. As an apology, she contacted her friend in secret and explained the situation beforehand and convinced her to give a chance to someone named Joohyun. But one day, the secret was out and Joohyun felt grateful for Seulgi’s action. Since then, Joohyun started to treat Seulgi differently than their first meeting.

Who expect that from a savage stranger, Joohyun is actually a sweet and a cheerful woman. Seulgi started to hang out a lot with Joohyun and she experienced a thing she never felt before. Her heart always goes dugeun dugeun everytime Joohyun was by her side. That’s when Seulgi learnt that she fell for the girl. Seulgi starts to believe in love.

They dated for two months, when Seulgi got a call from her dad and called for a family dinner. She didn’t waste her time and thought it was the perfect timing for her to introduce the love of her life. But the dinner had its own agenda.

Seulgi’s dad, Mr. Kang wanted to arrange a marriage to Seulgi with some stranger and it’s not actually, it was Mr. Kang’s best friend’s daughter. But Seulgi didn’t give a damn. She knew that this marriage is all about business, no feelings involve. Seulgi witnessed how Joohyun looked so gloomy that night and she decided to fight for their love.

In return, she was scolded a lot from her dad. She lost her position as the CEO of SKY Group and she need to start from below. Since then, she works as a mere clerk and she’s not kidding when she said to her dad’s face that she wanted to marry Joohyun no matter what.

Seulgi smiled at the thought of their past. A year had passed since the incident, and never once they had a serious fight. If Seulgi felt down, Joohyun would always be by her side and the same goes to Joohyun. Seulgi will never left her side and when this happen, Seulgi didn’t know what to do. She felt guilty. And she loves Joohyun so much. So much than what you can imagine.

Joohyun has done with the task and walked into their bedroom without Seulgi noticing it. Joohyun was miserable at the time. She thought that Seulgi still mad at her and she was upset. Seulgi is never like this. But both of them didn’t know the truth. Joohyun left for their bathroom and let her tears fell down the moment she didn’t realise that Seulgi entered their bedroom. The sniffing sounds coming from the bathroom grabbed her attention. A familiar guilt came attacked Seulgi’s heart again.

Joohyun was startled to see Seulgi sat at the edge of their bed after washing her face. Nervously, Joohyun walked towards the other side of bed. She was ready to hit the sack, if that what she’s thinking. Ignoring Seulgi who seemed to be staring at the floor since quite a while, Joohyun pulled the duvet up to her body. Seulgi sighed.

Seulgi really wanted to talk to Joohyun. She wanted to apologise and makes things clear between them but seeing Joohyun who already hiding herself under the duvet, back facing her had chased the thought away. She knew that Joohyun won’t hear her explain. In the end, Seulgi decided to lay herself beside Joohyun.

This felt like a déjà vu to Joohyun when she felt a weight beside her. She knew its Seulgi again. Who else, right? Joohyun really wanted to forget everything as she closed her eyes but she can’t when she felt a familiar arm hovered across her waist. Seulgi was nervously brought her body closer to Joohyun, pressing a weight on Joohyun’s back. Joohyun’s breath started to hitch.

“Hyunnie…I-I…”

Seulgi couldn’t even say the word ‘sorry’ properly. She was about to open again when she heard that familiar sniffling sound, which make Seulgi went panicked again.

“H-Hyun, I’m sorry. I don’t mean to snap at you last night. You know, I was so stressed yesterday because I had an early meeting this morning. That is also a reason why you wake up without me this morning. And also, I don’t have a heart to wake you up first because you looked so peaceful while sleep. I felt guilty.” Seulgi said. Joohyun’s heart started to soften with Seulgi’s little explanation. Joohyun wanted to turn and hug Seulgi so much but she held it to herself.

“Hyun, respond to me please…” Seulgi pleaded. Joohyun fought the urge to maintain herself and decided to just turned and snuggled into Seulgi’s chest. Seeing that, a smile crept to Seulgi’s lips. She engulfed the girl into her warm embrace. Joohyun’s heart fluttered and she hit Seulgi’s chest lightly.

“Ouch! Why did you do that?” Seulgi whined.

“You naughty, dumb bear! Then, why are you not coming back at lunch?” Joohyun asked Seulgi as she looked up to face her. It’s just a few inches before their lips could touch. Seulgi smiled.

“Ah, that. The meeting went last long than it should be. I didn’t have time to travelling back and forth.”

“But you should call me!”

“I left my phone on my table.”

“Tch. Too many excuses.” Joohyun scoffed. Hearing Joohyun’s little mumble, Seulgi pulled Joohyun closer to her and let their lips touch for a second.

“Hey, I didn’t give my permission!” Joohyun exclaimed. Seulgi grinned sheepishly to the pouting girl. Instead of letting Joohyun go, she hovered on top of Joohyun. “Did I need a permission from you?” She said and kiss Joohyun’s lips again and this time, it lingered longer than last time. Joohyun’s cheeks flushed red as soon as they pulled off.

“And hey, I got promoted to be a manager now.” Seulgi said and Joohyun smiled.

“Your hard work has been paid.” Joohyun said as she cupped Seulgi’s cheek. Seulgi hummed to Joohyun’s words of encouragement.

“I’m glad that you’re my wife.” Seulgi said gratefully and Joohyun noticed the sincerity in Seulgi’s tone. “You make me believe in love when I’m not one time ago.”

“But you lost your place as a CEO and had to work from the below.” Joohyun said, feeling down and guilty cause she was the reason behind it.

“Hey, don’t say that. I’m happy enough that you’re still by my side after all things that happened to us. As expected, you’re my other half. I dare to put my life for it.” Seulgi made Joohyun smiled again. “And plus, it’s not that I was getting kicked out from my family. I’m her only daughter after all. When I think about it again, it’s something good to me and to the company. Look, I become more independent.” Seulgi smiled, feeling proud of herself and Joohyun chuckled to that.

“Right.”

“Besides, I’m still working to gain my dad’s trust. You don’t have to be worry.”

Joohyun smiled for the nth times. She knew that she looked like a fool, but she didn’t mind if its about Seulgi. She feel proud of Seulgi too. She knew it that she had choose a right person.

“Hyun?”

“Hmm?”

“I think I know how to soften my dad’s heart really fast.”

“How?”

Seulgi didn’t reply and instead, she got on top of Joohyun and wore that familiar creepy smile on her face. Joohyun knew where this would lead too.

“I thought that maybe giving him a grandchild would soften his heart at least. What do you think?”

Joohyun giggled. “You’re silly. This is just your reason to get naughty tonight, right?”

“Ah, it’s not working.” Seulgi mumbled. “Okay. Since you already know what I want…” Seulgi stretched her hand out for the bed lamp before switching it off. Soon, Joohyun was dragged under the blanket by Seulgi.

You naughty people know what happen next.

 

THE END