The stars are beautiful - final

The stars are beautiful

It’s finally Autumn.

Autumn, marks the end of summer and the start of winter. The days are getting shorter, and the wind getting stronger. But despite of this, a lot of people are outside, lots of kids running around the park, stepping on orange, red and yellow hues of leaves. Laughter and squeals echoing around. Adults who usually walk fast, busy on their phones, work, bumping each other while trying to get where they need to be, finally take their steps slower, looking up while walking, taking in the atmosphere of autumn.

Teenagers, walking around freely with their friends, talking about everything and nothing at the same time. Couples snuggled with each other, appreciating the atmosphere while being in their own world. People at the prime of their lives, all enjoying the new season.

Enjoying the warmth of the sun, the cool breeze of the wind, and the comfort of a companion.

 

But out of all these people, one person stands out the most. That one person that no matter what the season is, she’ll always shine bright like the sun. She’ll keep blooming like a magical tree. And if you look at her eyes a little longer, you’ll definitely fall for her.

 

There she is. Irene Bae.

The girl that no matter what happens, still takes a huge space in her heart.

 

And she’s there at the middle of the park, chasing bubbles with kids, looking so carefree and beautiful, just like the season. She can pick out the laughter the girl let out, being so distinct, and it being so important to her that she’ll do anything to hear that laughter of the woman in front of her.

 

She just watches the scenery in front of her, enjoying the sun highlighting Irene’s face, smiling so widely. Pure happiness coursing through her emotion.

Irene doesn’t know she’s here. She asked about the woman’s whereabouts earlier through text, saying she was just curious about it. Irene being the woman that she is, said her plans all throughout the day.

She can feel her nerves getting to her as she sees Irene having fun. Her purpose of coming here suddenly rushing through her veins. Nervousness and fear takes over.

She’s here to finally confess to Irene. Although, honestly, there’s nothing to confess when it’s already obvious to the world that she loves Irene, and the woman loving her back.

So what’s the problem?

 

They keep missing each other.

 

How?

 

Seungwan and Joohyun are best friends since the beginning of time. They like each other but never got the chance to be together because they always miss out each other.

 

It was in high school when Seungwan realized that her admiration turned into something deeper. She’s smart. She’s one of the top students of their school, her mind bolting like a lightning when it comes to academics. But when it comes to feelings, she’s slow as a turtle on coming up with conclusions about it.

 

It took her sometime to figure out why her heart flutters every time she’s in the same room as Joohyun. Why it feels like currents shoots through her skin with every touch from Joohyun. How she feels hot when her best friend clings to her. The way she suddenly turns into a tomato each time the girl holds her hands.

 

By the time she figured out that she has serious feelings about her best friend, Joohyun is already dating one of the nicest guys in their school, Suho. She was contemplating about telling the girl her feelings, but learning that her friend was with a nice and decent guy, she lets it go. Wishing on a star that there would be a next time.

 

Joohyun and Suho dated for a year. During this tormenting year, Seungwan met a tall free-spirited, frank, intimidating, beautiful girl named Joy.

Seungwan’s not gonna admit that this girl reminds her of someone she shouldn’t be having feelings with.

The tall girl knew about her feelings for Joohyun and about it every single time. Seungwan just let the girl endlessly while trying to get to know the girl. They became friends because of this and Seungwan finally cracked the shell of the Intimidating Joy and was able to see how kind, and good-hearted the girl was.

During all of this, Joohyun felt something was missing from her relationship with Suho. Not knowing what it was and her heart being not in the right place, she broke things off with him. Suho, being the decent guy that he was, accepted this and ended things quietly.

She didn’t tell anyone about their breakup and wanted to think things over. She wanted to know what was missing. Then the next thing she knew, she met a girl name Joy, who was terribly touchy with Seungwan and was bothered by it. It then eventually turned into something as Seungwan and Joy became officially together.

Then a few weeks after the two became together, the news of Joohyun and Suho breaking up spread because one of their schoolmates found Suho crying about it during one of his friends’ party.

 

After seeing Seungwan and Joy together, being in love with each other.

 

She finally found out what was missing.

 

It was Seungwan.

 

 

Joohyun graduated from high school and took a college degree. Seungwan and her are still the best of friends, even though Joohyun likes Seungwan so much, she’s not cruel enough to ruin two relationships. Seungwan and Joy’s relationship, and her relationship with Seungwan.

 

Being a witness of how Seungwan loves Joy like she’s everything, she couldn’t do it. So she let it be, and wishes for Seungwan and Joy’s relationship to last.

 

It did last.

For 2 years

Seungwan and Joy broke up and ended things peacefully. They realized that they have different paths wanting to take in life and it would clash with each other. So they decided to end things early on in the relationship, instead of breaking up later on and ruining each other’s sanity.

 

 

Seungwan went to the same university as Joohyun, taking up a major in music. A passion of hers ever since she was a kid. Joohyun took up a drama degree, pursuing her dream of becoming an actress.

 

They still have feelings for each other. It never went away. And with them being together again all the time, intensified their restrained feelings for each other. It was obvious that their feelings are mutual, but it never turned into something because of college life.

Them being busy with their studies, classes, exams. They didn’t have the time to talk about lingering feelings and deal with it while dealing with the stress of their courses.

Both of the women prioritised first their own studies and had a silent mutual understanding of not confronting the unsaid feelings yet. Joohyun got a hold of her studies and finally got a routine out of it, handling it better than before. But Seungwan’s not the same.

Being the perfectionist, she’s constantly working, studying and literally singing out her heart until her voice becomes mute. Seeing Seungwan’s state, Joohyun decided to hold off her confession and let Seungwan do her thing first.

 

This turned into weeks, then months, and then a year. Joohyun waited for Seungwan but it seems like the girl was neck deep in her studies and has no plan on resolving about their feelings even if she hinted on it many times.

That’s when she met Bogum. A tall, handsome, decent guy from one of her acting classes. The guy has always showed interest on her, but paid no mind since she’s already interested on someone. But that someone is currently unavailable, and has no sign of becoming available any time soon.

They were partnered up during one of their acting class, and through this, she realized that the guy was funny, always fast to give compliments, and surprisingly warm. And no, she’s not comparing the guy to someone else. No. atleast, that’s what she tells herself.

As time went by, she catches feeling for Bogum and eventually got together.

Unfortunately, this was also the time that Seungwan felt satisfied with the worked she put in her studies and felt that she can finally relax and face the long-time hanging feelings she has with Joohyun, only to find out that the girls is already dating someone else.

 

Seungwan, feeling her heart break for the second time, put out all of her emotions in to her music. Cancelling out the world, even Joohyun. After finding out about it, she distanced herself away from the girl and went back in to working on her studies and music.

After all the unanswered phone calls, unopened dorm doors, and unwanted radio silence from Seungwan, she figured out that the younger one doesn’t want to see or hear her out.

Joohyun, being the woman that she is, lets it be. She gave Seungwan the space she needs, gave up and decided that it would be unfair to Bogum to keep harbouring her feelings for Seungwan. So she focused on Bogum and tried to mend her friendship with Seungwan little by little.

 

And little by little, Seungwan accepted her fate and met Joohyun in the middle, mending their friendship. So they became friends again, forgetting about their unsaid feelings and just went on like nothing happened.

 

Joohyun finished her acting degree and got a second lead drama as her first job, while Seungwan’s still finishing her degree but was also scouted by a lot of companies. Seungwan was producing, writing songs, for commercials and tv dramas, while still studying. Her gift in music was easily recognized by the people and immediately became a big deal in the music industry. By the time she finished her degree, she has already signed a contract under a music label as one of the main producers.

 

They were both flourishing in their career paths while still being the best of friends. Joohyun, also known as her stage name Irene, finished her drama and immediately started shooting another one as the lead actress of the drama. She also gained a huge following due to her acting skills and beauty. She’s had a lot of endorsement for a rookie actress like her.

Seungwan would always visit during her set whenever she’s not busy and would bring snacks to all the staffs. She sometimes sends Irene a packed lunch whenever she’s not in the studio making music. It always comes with a simple blue sticky note, filled with encouraging words and colourful hearts and stickers.

There’s one letter that stood out the most to Irene and keeps it in her wallet. It was,

To my favourite Baechu.

You’re already reaching limits and exceeding expectations. As expected from my favourite star.

You’ve worked so hard. I’ll always wish for your success and happiness.

You would always be the star that you are.

Keep shining.

-Your  Seungwannie.

 

 

Seungwan’s gift in producing and writing music did not stop there. She became successful as an artist, going by the name Wendy. She wrote and produced her own songs, all charting on all music platforms.

She remembers the flowers, red velvet cake, and milk tea she received at the studio when she released her album. The delivery was from Irene, with a card on the inside.

Congratulations to my Wannie. I love all of your songs. As always, it touches the people’s hearts.

And I'm one of those people. Keep making music.

I'll support you all the way.

Love, Joohyun

 

She remember crying while eating the red velvet cake and drinking her favourite drink. She cried thinking about Irene loving the songs she made.

The songs Wendy made for Irene.

 

It was all about her.

 

It was all her.

 

 

Until Jennie came. She’s a member of a global star girl group. They met through a mutual friend and ironically, her ex-girlfriend, Joy. The tall one invited them for drinks, only for her not to show up and leave the two to deal with each other and get on with it.

Wendy clearly remembers her ex-girlfriend’s text message after saying she’s ditching them both and will sleep for her beauty rest.

At the very end of the text it says:

Jennie’s a good person. You’ll like her for sure. She’s the best.

 

And true to her words, she liked her. Liked her enough to fall for her. Wendy and Jennie got together, but the relationship wasn’t public as they want it to be since they’re both a public figure and wants to treasure the privacy they have as much as possible.

 

While their relationship continues to blossom, Irene and Bogum’s relationship keeps on going downhill, and eventually ending after 4 years of being together.

 

Wendy was there to support and comfort her friend when she found out about it. But that’s all she can offer, since she’s already with someone else, and she’s really in love with Jennie.

 

But that was the past. Her and Jennie ended things mutually, saying they’re not meant for each other.

 

 

That’s why she’s here. In the middle of the park, looking at a human goddess with no care in the world, ready to pour out her long overdue confession.

 

She’s about to call out her name when suddenly a girl walks up to Irene and takes her pictures. She’s ready to stop the girl but stop immediately when she saw Irene smiles at the girl with the camera and starts posing for her. She can tell the photographer complimented Irene because the woman’s face is slowly turning in to the same shade as the leaves in the park.

 

Who is she?

 

Wendy is wondering who the girl is but it turns out she doesn’t need more wondering since Irene herself answers it for her. Irene walks up to the girl and clings her arms with the girl while looking at the pictures on the camera.

 

 

Wendy can tell that this is different from the past relationships she witness.

 

Irene is glowing.

 

She look genuinely happy and contended.

 

 

 

And it breaks her heart all over again.

 

She’s late.

 

Again.

 

She’s with someone else.

 

Again.

 

And this might be it.

 

 

This is finally the end for Wendy.

 

She hears the laughter Irene let out, along with the laughter of her companion. It’s beautiful but Wendy feels the laughter is mocking her situation right now and all she can feel is pain.

 

Suddenly, the atmosphere wasn’t great as it is, didn’t feel light and good as it used to. She suddenly feels suffocating despite being in a wide open space, free of fresh air from the autumn breeze.

 

She can feel all her memories, pent-up feelings, crawling from the deepest pit of her soul to the surface of her skin.

Wanting to be heard.

To be seen.

 

Wanting to be set free.

 

 

She starts breathing hard, sweating profusely, mind going blank, and ears suddenly tuning out everything. She can’t hear or see anything properly. Everything is going haywire. She feels everything and nothing all at the same time.

Before anything worse could happen, she finds a bench near her and drops herself to sit and grips the arm rest, finding support.

All she can hear is her own heavy breathing and a ringing in her ear. Her eyes going everywhere and she can’t seem to focus or stop it. She feels like she would blackout anytime.

Her mind finally catching up with her, she figures that she’s having a panic attack. She immediately forces herself to hold on to the bench and wills herself to breathe slowly.

 

Breathe in and out, Seungwan.

 

She reminds herself. She closes her eyes and leans on the chair while focusing all of her energy on breathing and counting slowly. It took her a few minutes to calm down and slowly she hears her surroundings. She remembers where she is and why she’s here. She remembers why she just had her first panic attack.

Wanting to get out of there, she immediately gets up from the bench and starts walking out of the park, wanting to get out of there and forget the day even happened.

 

 

But the universe likes to with her a little more.

 

“Seungwan, is that you?” a surprise soft voice says right behind her. Wendy can recognize that voice everywhere. Then she feels a hand on her arms, turning her around.

And alas, the Irene Bae, in front of her, looking shock and worried. Noticing this, Wendy immediately fix herself up and put up a smile for Irene.

“Hyunnie! Hi I didn’t see you there!” she perks up, masking her pain with an act of surprise. Irene seeing right through her, continues her worrying and checks her thoroughly.

“Are you sure you’re okay? What are you doing here?” the older woman asks while fixing Wendy’s hair.

“I was looking for you. I was supposed to invite you for dinner, but didn’t find you so I was heading out just now.” She says, making up an excuse immediately.

“Well now, you found me. So how about that dinner?” the actress answers, hopefully. But before Wendy could answer, she hears a subtle cough and that’s when she realized there’s someone else with them. With Irene’s hand clinging to the other girl’s arm.

 

Noticing where Wendy’s eyes are, Irene immediately withdraws her hand and introduce the girl to her.

“This is Seungwan, my best friend. Seungwan, this is Seulgi. She’s a cinematographer.” Both of the girls nods at each other, tension already building. Wendy, always the kind one, offers her hand for Seulgi to shake. The other girl who looks like a bear, is surprised by this action and takes the hand and shakes it.

“I’m Wendy, it’s nice to meet you Seulgi,” she formally greets, smiling that smile people love and bowing at the same time.

“It’s nice to meet you Wendy.” The other girl answered.

Irene not knowing what to do, just stares at the two girls in front of her. Then Wendy smiles at her.

 

Other people would fall for that smile, but not Irene. She knows her enough to know that it’s not her true smile, and she’s just faking it now.

 

“Dinner won’t be necessary. We could catch up some other time, I don’t want to intrude. I need to finish up things in the studio anyways,” she tells the older one and her bear-like companion.

“You’re already here. Why not get the dinner now?” Irene insists. The producer saw how Seulgi slightly tensed up upon hearing this, so she refuses again.

“It’s okay, Hyunnie. I’ll call you next time for dinner,” she says as she readies herself to walk out of there, but for the second time around, she feels a hand stopping her from doing so.

“I insist. Besides, we’re having dinner at my house, you should come. It’s been a long time since we’ve had dinner together, Seungwan. You’re okay with that right?” The older woman says as she directs the question to her companion. Seulgi just nods and smiles at Irene.

Irene smiles widely at this and grabs both of the girls arms, and hooks her hands with them.

 

“That settles it. I’m cooking dinner.”

 

 

And that’s how Wendy ends up in Irene’s kitchen, looking at two people, being painfully obvious having feelings for each other. She can see the look in Seulgi’s eyes every time she looks at Irene.

 

She knows that look because that’s how she looks at the older girl too.

 

And she’s not dumb. She can see how Irene looks the same way to Seulgi, she may not know it yet but she’s doing it unconsciously and Wendy’s here witnessing all of it.

 

She can’t count how many times she wanted to cry and lash out. She wanted to tell them how much they are hurting her right now. But instead, she sits through all throughout dinner, holding conversations with Seulgi while catching up with Irene.

 

She sits through it and bears the pain she caused herself.

 

 

All of their plates are all cleaned up and they’re now sitting at a two separate couch facing each other outside of Irene’s house, at the far end of her garden. They’re drinking wine and talking about works related stuff but got cut short with Irene’s phone ringing.

“It’s my manager, I have to take this,” she says as she picks up the phone and went inside the house. Wendy and Seulgi are both swirling their glasses while looking out at the view. Irene’s house in the hillside so the city below can be seen from her garden. Her house is looking out to the city. This is their first time being alone with each other.

 

“I know who you are, Wendy.” Seulgi speaks up first. She drinks her wine and continues, “I know who you are to Joohyun.” Her voice suddenly hard. Far from the cute and innocent bear she saw earlier.

 

“Hmmm..” She just hums an answer, not really knowing what to say to that.

 

“Just know I won’t back down easily.” The bear-like tells her. Voice full of determination.

 

Wendy sips from her glass and looks out at the city below them.

“Did you know the reason I was here?” she asks the girl from the other couch.

“No.” the cinematographer answers.

 

“I was supposed to confess to her. To finally take her with me and brave through what ifs....

 

But then, I saw you.”

 

Wendy drinks from her glass of wine, and she can see from her peripheral view of the girl currently looking at her. So she continues her thoughts.

 

“I know you love her. I can see it. And I know she loves you too. And I’m happy that she finally found someone that can make her smile like that.” She says as she wills herself not to cry.

“I just hope that if you really love her, don’t let her go. Don’t make the same mistakes I did. She’s worth the risk. Worth the fight. And I know you know that too,” she adds while looking at the night sky full of stars.

 

“If she’s worth the fight, why aren’t you fighting?” the bear can’t help but ask. She’s happy that Wendy’s not planning to pursue Irene, because if that happens, she knows she has a bigger chance of losing to the girl. But she can’t help and ask why.

 

“Not all battles are meant to be won.” She answers as she looks up at the stars.

 

“The stars are beautiful," the producer adds, while looking up at the sky.

 

Seulgi got the signal that it was the end of that conversation, so she looks up to the sky and indeed, the stars are beautiful.

 

“Yeah, they are.” The bear simply answered, not noticing how the other girl keeping her tears at bay, restraining herself from crying.

 

Both of them looking up to the sky, not knowing the woman they’re talking about heard the conversation from the door to the backyard of the house.

 

“I know you’ll take care of her, so I’m entrusting her to you. Treat her the way she deserves to be treated.” Wendy says as she finishes up her glass of wine and subtly wiping the tears that escaped from her eyes.

 

Taking this as her cue, Irene walks out to the garden, pretending she just got there. She sees Wendy standing up from the couch, putting the glass wine on the table, then Wendy saw her. She smiles at Irene, so sweetly.

“I’m going.” She says softly.

 

“Stay for the night. It’s late.” Wendy just shakes her head while smiling.

 

“There’s no need for that, I can catch a taxi. It’s fine.”

 

But Irene insists. “No. Stay here.”

 

Wendy insists too and declines the offer. “No need. I’ll go. Go take care of your guest, Irene. I’ll walk myself out. Good bye Seulgi.” she says as she shakes the bear’s hand for one last time.

Irene, not liking the idea of her leaving, continues to be stubborn. “We’ll talk outside.” And she stomps up as she goes inside the house, not waiting for Wendy to walk with her.

 

Wendy just sighs and prepares herself for a long talk with Irene. She walks out of the garden and picks up her bag from the living room and then walks out of the house. She sees Irene already outside of her gate, frowning while fumbling with her sleeves. So she walks out and closed the gates.

 

“You know you can stay right?” the older woman immediately insists to her as they walk down the street. Wendy tries to control herself, breathes in deeply and answers.

 

“Yes I know, Hyunnie.”

 

 

“Then why are you leaving?” her question, valid, but feels different. It feels like they’re talking about something else.

 

 

“It’s late and you have a guest. It would be rude to stay there.” Wendy answers the double-meaning question with a double-meaning answer.

 

 

“She’ll understand. You’re important to me, Seungwan. Stay,” she quietly answers while looking at Seungwan, pleading evident on the last part.

 

Wendy just looks up to the stars ahead, “I can’t.”

 

“Why?” the older woman asks again, frustration getting clearer in her voice.

 

“It’s late. Take care of your guest, Irene. I can go on my own,” the producer answers, taking a hold of herself. She cannot breakdown. Not now. Not infront of her.

 

But Irene, not backing down without a fight asks again.

“Why can’t you just stay? Just stay here. With me. Please.”

 

 

Wendy can hear the desperation in her voice, and she’s at the brink of losing her sanity and just take Irene with her.

“I need to go, Irene.” She pleads to the older woman as she continues to walk. But Irene grabs her arm, and holds both sides of her face to look at her.

 

Then that’s when she saw it. The tears in Joohyun’s eyes. The pain she’s been carrying. The things that were never discussed. The feelings they never let out.

She can see and feel Joohyun’s pain, because she’s been carrying it too.

“Tell me why, Seungwan.” she whispers, tears falling out of her eyes.

 

Wendy, not being able to endure Joohyun’s emotions, closes her eyes and leans her head on the older one’s shoulders. “You know why, Hyun.” she whispers, preventing herself from crying.

Irene shakes her head and pulls back from Wendy and holds her shoulders. “No. I want to hear it. I want it to be clear. We can’t always leave things ambiguous. So you need to tell me the exact reason why you can’t stay.” Frustration, desperation, confusion, pain reflecting on Irene’s face. Looking for an answer from Wendy.

 

Wendy closes her eyes and breathes deeply. She rakes through her hair, stopping herself from breaking down. She puts her hands on her eyes and tiredly whispers the words,

 

“You have a guest, Irene.”

Wendy opens her eyes and looks at Irene. Emptiness reflecting in the younger one’s eyes.

 

 

“I can tell her to leave,” the older one answers quickly but Wendy shakes her head at this, still looking at her eyes.

 

“But that’s not the reason why I can’t stay. The main reason is, that guest is not a temporary guest. She’s in it for the long run. And I know you are too.” Her voice wavering as she says the words and hold both of Irene’s hands.

“That’s why, I need to go.” She whispers at Irene’s hands.

 

“But why does it feel like you’re leaving for real this time?” the older one asks, her heart breaking at the site of a broken Wendy in front of her.

 

“I’m not leaving you. I will never do that. I’m just going on my own path. I figured that if we were really meant to be together, we would have been from the beginning. But we keep missing each other out. I guess that’s the way of the universe telling us that we’re best to stay friends. At least like this, we could still be there for each other for a long time,” she says, eyebrows turning upwards, lips smiling so sadly.

 

“Do you really need to go?” Wendy nods and holds her hands tightly while kissing it.

“Yes.”

 

 

“I love you, Seungwan.” she confess.

She sees Wendy close her eyes and kisses her hands one last time, lets go of it and looks up to the sky.

 

 

“The stars are beautiful tonight, Joohyun.”

 

 

Wendy loves the stars. From all of the things they’ve been through, whenever Wendy says this line about the stars being beautiful, this is her way of saying how Wendy loves her.

The stars are beautiful, aren’t they? But out of all the stars in the sky, my favourite star is right here with me. You’re my favourite star, Joohyun. I will always love my favourite, even from a far. Even if they’re a galaxy away from me. I will love the star that you are, just keep shining.

 

She always tell Irene that the woman is her favourite star, and would always look out for her every time she looks up to the sky. And Irene knows this is Wendy’s saying I love you back. So she accepts this and looks up to the sky and sees the stars shining bright, tears running down her face.

 

“Isn’t it funny that we always look up to the sky and as soon as we see something like a shooting star, we immediately make a wish.” Wendy says, chuckling while holding back her tears. So she adds,

“Did you know that the shooting stars that we see sometimes aren’t really shooting stars? There’s an article I’ve read that astronauts poop burns up like shooting stars.” she says laughing while wiping her eyes from the tears she shed out. Irene just listens to Wendy intently.

The producer finally stops chuckling and wiping her eyes. She breathes in deeply and sighs,

 

“So maybe that’s why our wishes aren’t being granted. Because we’re wishing on the wrong stars.”

 

“We’re wishing on astronauts’ ,” she jokes bitterly once again, smiling sadly and turns to look at Irene right in the eyes.

 

“Maybe that’s why we were never got to be together. Because I was wishing on the wrong stars.”

 

 

Irene gasps, and tries to process what Wendy said. She’s about to answer but was cut short when the younger one holds her shoulders and smiles at her.

“I gotta go now, Hyun.”

Everything catching up to Irene, panicly asks “Are you really leaving?”

“Yes.”

She holds Wendy’s arms tightly, “Don’t leave. Please.”

 

Wendy holds both sides of her face, lips touching her forehead as she whispers, “I need to. For the both of us. Now what I need you to do is turn around, walk away and don’t look back and I’ll do the same,” she kisses Irene’s forehead one last time and turns her around away from her. She’s holding both of the older one’s shoulders while she whispers from the back of Irene’s ear.

“She’s waiting for you. Go ahead.” She hears Irene whimper, her body shaking from crying.

“I love you, Seungwan.” she cries out, not being able to turn around due to Wendy holding her in position.

Wendy could not take it any longer and let out a whimper. She bites her lips, stopping herself from crying more. She kissed the back of Irene’s head, savoring it for one last time and gently nudged her forward.

 

“Don’t look back, Hyun. Okay? Walk straight back to her. Go.”

 

 

Irene takes a step forward, daring not to look back. “Are you walking now too, Seungwan?”

 

“Yes. Take care of yourself okay?!” she hears Wendy answers.

 

“I will! Don’t forget about me, okay?!” she desperately asks as she take small steps forward.

 

Irene hears a loud laugh from Wendy. “Forget about Bae Joohyun? Never!”

 

“I’ll see you sometime right?”

 

“Yes! Be safe okay? Don’t look back.” Wendy’s voice turning softer as Irene continues to walk straight ahead.

 

“You too!”

 

“Be happy, Joohyun! Always choose happiness!” Wendy shouts, braving through it until the end and restraining her tears.

 

Irene shouts back and says, “Yes I will! I’ll miss you!”

 

“Don’t miss me too much! Choose happiness, Joohyun!” she hears Wendy shouts as Irene about to turn the corner, leading up to the street to her house.

 

“I’ll try! Good bye Seungwan!” she shouts and turns the corner and walks straight back to her house.

 

 

 

And that’s how it ended.

 

With Irene walking away, not looking back.

 

 

 

But if ever did she look back, she would see Wendy.

 

 

 

Still standing on her spot.

 

 

 

Looking at Irene walking away.

 

 

 

“I guess, I will never be your happiness, Joohyun.”