We started of as strangers

We started of as strangers

My mind was running wild. I couldn't keep my breathing under control. But, fortunately, my hands were living their own successful life as they were hitting the highest score in the game I didn't know I had on my phone.

Jump, left, left, left, right, jump, jump...

Wow. Addicting. Just like her face. Who knew God is real and she's sitting right in front of me. Just as I pressed play again after being caught by that crazy policeman, a girl looked at me and I felt her gaze on me for about a second, but it caused my hands to lose their battle against my gay panic and to turn the phone off. A black screen and my face looked at each other and I left a sigh of relief, because I didn't have the words "I have a crush on the random girl I saw on the train help me" written all over my face. Nice. That's a start, Wheein, that's a good start.
I looked up and cought a glimpse of a smile, that was formed on the girl's lips. I think my black screen lied.
"Did you lose?"
My mind? Yes. Because she can't just start talking to me without warning.
"Wha-what?"
"The game you were playing. Did you lose?"
"Oh. Yes, I suppose"
"You were killing it"
Was she...watching me for that long?
"Thank you..."
"So you have very skilled hands, huh?..."
Oh...oh! Okay, calm down a little, Wina, she's just flirting, oh my god she's flirting, can she allow me to breath. OMG I love women. Wait, I need to say something. What should I-
"Hey, easy, sweetie, I'm sorry for making it awkward"
"No! No, no, you're fine, I mean IT'S fine...but YOU'RE really fine, too...wait I didn't mean it like that...I...am sorry, I rumble, when I'm nervous"
She smiled and I felt at ease in a second.
"Thank you. I was told that I am REALLY fine. But it's somehow more flattering coming from you..."
"Why?"
"Well, you're really beatiful"
She said it like it was the most obvious thing, but the smile on my face decided to grow big and to probably show her, that I don't hear it often. I felt my face heat up, so I looked away from her pretty face while mumbling a small "thank you".
"You should be used to it though." The girl said with her eyes fixed on my profile.
"To what?"
"To peple giving you compliments. Because you're gorgeous."
"St-stop"
I was smiling and praying that I didn't look like a fool, who was told something like this for the first time. However...it was the first time. I tried to get a hold of myself and looked at her. She was smiling, too. And the smile wasn't bitter. It was soft and nice. I relaxed.
"So what is...what is your name?" I blurred out. And felt my chest swell at the way she chuckled and looked pleased.
"I'm glad you asked. Hwasa. And what is your name, beautiful?" She purposfully highlighted the last word and I bit my lip in a weak attemt to hide a smile.
"Wneein."
"Your name is just as beautiful."
"Oh my god," I laughed, "You're good at this, Hwasa"
"At what?"
"This..." I poined my finger at her and then at me, "thing. I think it's called flirting"
Hwasa's eyes lit up and I watched her smile mischievously while holding my gaze.
"Well, I'm not sorry for that. I can't help myself, you're just so...interesting"
"So I am interesting?"
"Yep"
"In what way, may I ask?"
"You can ask me whatever you want, beautiful," she spoke slowly, "you just...seem so cute and nervous, but I think you're also very hot and confident, judging by your eyes, which are very atractive, too, by the way. Let's just say that I like your duality in advance. In advance, because I've seen you being just nice and sweet. So I'll just wait for you to become more comfortable around me, so that you can make me all hot and bothered by just looking at me."
I was speechless. She was so bluntly honest and perceptive, that I was blown away. We started talking about 5 minutes ago, but she already took in so much about my personality and appearence, that it seemed unreal. Who is she?
"I'm the girl from your dreams obviously."
I jumped, when I realizrd that I asked the question out loud. Damn.
"You say I'm confident. But you're the one, who's doing the confidence thing right now."
"I am. But it's a pleasure. You're even more cute, when you're flustered."
"So you just like making me nervous?"
"Oh, so I'm making you nervous, beautiful?" Hwasa purred and I hid my face in my hands to scream silently in gay.
"Mhm...Maybe. Yes"
"Good to know. Because you're makimg me nervous, too. I'm just not that obvious."
"Good to know."
We looked at each other and it was quiet for a while. Then, all of a sudden, I, surprised at my own actions, extended my hand and silently asked her to give me her phone.
Thanking all the gods that my hands were not shaking I typed my number and gave the phone back to her to save it. Our fingers brushed and I felt my face heat up once again. Damn it, Wina. In a second she looked up and winked, while showing the way my number is saved. It said "beautiful Wheein". I rolled my eyes, but smiled, obviously. It was just so simple, but it felt really nice being called beautiful by her.

 

"So you'll text me?" I asked, trying but failing to sound unintrested. The train has arrived and we were standing on the platform while waiting for our friends to pick us up.
"Do you want me to?"
"I gave you my number"
"Well, it can also be the number of your scary sister or best friend"
"You make it sound like you've had plenty of conversations with scary relatives and best friends"
"Maybe I did, maybe I didn't. But...even if you gave me not your number, I'll be glad to speak to that fierce looking lady over there, I think she is THE best friend, right?"

I turned around and saw Solar standing in front of her car with her special look. Such appearence she usually used on people, who she thought were hitting on me. Most of the times it scared the hell out of poor girls and guys. But when I turned back to Hwasa, she was smirking back at Solar with her hands crossed on her chest. I felt my chest sweel with something I didn't know I was still able to feel. It nade me scared and excited. So I just smiled and said: "I hope you'll text me. Because I gave you my real phone number. And I honestly don't regret it, now that you didn't run in the woods from me and my crazy best friend. So...yeah. Bye, Hwasa"
"Bye, beautiful. Tell your friend to relax. Go to yoga or something. She seems tense."