Reached.

Reached
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Date check, today is 10th day of February and a regular day for everyone including the famous lawyer of Los Angeles, Atty. Kim Jungeun, to do their daily work. Today is her birthday too and for the young lawyer, it is just a reminder that she reaches another milestone in her life… nothing more, just a simple birthday on a normal month.

But is it really a normal month for her this year though?

Because the moment when the world reaches its first day of her birth month, her best friend slash secretary Jiwoo started to call her EVERY single midnight and cry her eyes out without saying any reason behind her tears and loud sobs on the other line. The secretary also tears up every time her boss crosses paths with her and shares an eye contact with when they’re at Eclipse. Jungeun feels like after February reach its time, she became a sliced onion to Jiwoo’s eyes, making the latter teary and emotional when they meet.

Jungeun tried to confront her, countless times already, but Jiwoo never answered her question and just shook her head while trying to stop her tears from falling. It honestly scares the lawyer every time.

Well who wouldn’t get scared, right? Seeing your best friend cries for almost two weeks straight and not sharing any idea or reason why, even just a single word. Jungeun is literally clueless right now.

“She cried again.” Jungeun informs to her girlfriend who is sitting with their daughter on the floor after she enters her office.

Jinsol stops from showing a small piece of Gundam to Yerim and then she turns her head to the approaching lawyer, “who cried?” she asks.

“Jiwoo. She cried again when I asked her about my schedules for today.”

Chuckling and turning her attention back to her daughter and Gundams, Jinsol shares a questionable look with Yerim and Jungeun saw it but decided to ignore. She sits on the couch behind her two favorite girls before starting to watch them build the robotic figure.

“Have any plans for tonight?” The older asks making Jungeun think for a moment before shaking her head as an answer.

“No? Why did you ask? Planning to bring me outside with Yerim for dinner date again?”

Even how often Jinsol brings her and their daughter to a restaurant or somewhere else for their ‘family’ day, Jungeun still loves it when her girlfriend has a plan on her mind. Either it is just a simple feast or what-so-ever, the lawyer still looks forward to it.

And now, she just wants to celebrate her birthday later with Jinsol and Yerim and with their friends in addition if they won’t leave her house to celebrate.

The author only shrugs her shoulder before turning her head to Jungeun, “it’s your birthday, right? You’re the one who supposed to make plans for later.”

“Hmm… hit a point.” Jungeun replies.

Jinsol shrugs her shoulders then smiles towards her girlfriend before playing with their daughter again.

Secretly turning her little smile into smirk, the author gives herself a mental pat on the back when she thinks about what will going to happen to all of them next few hours. She just know that everyone’s waiting for Jungeun’s birthday and only her girlfriend doesn’t have any idea about what will happen on her that day.

͟

Sighing while circling her swivel chair around to remove the haziness in her mind, Jungeun tries her best to relax herself. She tried, tries, and will try to avoid the migraine that her paper works gave to her to suffer into that day. And thinking that it is her birthday, it adds more tragic touch to Jungeun’s sufferings.

She finished studying her current case already and the sunlight behind the glass wall of her office begins to make its way out as the darkness of the night starts to replace the nearest star. A cue for her to stand up from her chair and leave the building as she knows her girlfriend and their child are waiting for her to come home.

Both Jinsol and Yerim left earlier than usual as they want to try to cook and prepare for their dinner. They’ve settled to that not-a-hundred-percent-safe plan of Jinsol after Yerim second the motion. Dangerous or not, Jungeun got no any chance to protest when Jinsol shouted “majority wins!” after and ran out from the office with their child on her arms.

Jungeun silently prays that her house is still standing, while she’s walking to the parking lot.

“Good evening, Attorney Kim. Going home, boss?” Suddenly, Wonho appeared out of nowhere making the lawyer hastily stopped from her tracks and answer.

“Yes. You can check the securities and locks now, let the other guards do their shift.”Jungeun instructs and the lad nods his head.

“Will do, Attorney. Drive safely and happy Birthday.” Wonho politely says before he slightly bows and salutes out of his habit.

The habit started when Jinsol began to visit his boss and both of them always exchange those gestures playfully. So now, the head security guard of Jungeun’s firm keeps doing the playful salute every time he greets the people who work at Eclipse, which were returned with the same gesture sometimes.

Giving her employee a kind smile, Jungeun thanks Wonho and with their closeness she also offers a playful salute in return. “Thanks. You too, Wonho.” The lawyer says before she starts to approach her parked car.

“Congratulations, Attorney Kim!”

Jungeun was about unlocks her car, when she heard Wonho shouted from the distance. And when she turns around to face the lad, he was already inside of the elevator and waving, so she just awkwardly wave too until the elevator closes.

“Weird.”

͟

Coming home and arriving to their house, the weird feeling that still bothers the lawyer since earlier just gets stronger upon she sees their house dark. There’s no any light on, and only the street lights around their area give the brightness to her way to the front.

Where are Jinsol and Yerim right now? It’s been an hour or two since they went home and they’re supposed to be preparing for their dinner if they weren’t done yet.

Why their house is still dark?

Jungeun carefully holds the doorknob before checking if it’s unlock and it is, so she slowly turns it and opens the entrance. Still no light but the moon is shining so brightly behind the windows that it helps the lawyer to calm her beating heart for a bit and closes the door behind her. She then turns on the light of the living room and puts her bag and car keys on the coffee table.

The lawyer knows she shouldn’t have stay or just start calling for Jinsol’s number since it may be quite dangerous for her or for them, but the other side of hers tell her to not panic. And so she finds herself walking to the kitchen of her house and to the back door, which she soon opens and finds the backyard has lighten up candles scattered around.

“I swear if she won’t clean this place later, I won’t let her step inside of my house again.” Jungeun murmurs to herself, trying to hide the confused yet surprised feeling she has. Walking out and approaching the candles, a sudden sound from a violin starts to play but Jungeun cannot see anyone else in the place.

Only she, the candles, and sound of the playing violin are there, nothing more.

While thinking about where her girlfriend and their child at, the lawyer suddenly feels a soft tug on her blouse from behind making her slightly jump. Jungeun turns around to check who it is, she found Yerim offering a ring. Looking so innocent as if she didn’t accidentally startled her mother seconds ago; the child doesn’t even apologize and just smile widely.

“Oh my God, baby. You scared mommy.” Jungeun says as she lowers herself to match her daughter’s height. Before the child could say anything, a frantic footsteps start to get nearer to them and they both look at the source of it.

“Yerimie! Why did you run off with the ring? I was the one who should give that to mommy.” A panicking raven soon arrived and with a pout, Jinsol crosses her arms on her chest. “I haven’t given my speech yet.”

“I’m sorry, bruni, but I want to show to mommy her ring first before surprising her.” The little child says excitedly and older mother immediately puts a hand on top of Yerim’s mouth.

“Just accept it already, Jinsol! Your child beat you on your surprise proposal!”

“Surprise, Jungeun!”

“Oh snap! Surprise proposal failed!”

“Better luck next time, buddy!”

“What do you mean next time, Soo?!”

“Will you all shut the effin’ up?!”

Jungeun just watch the chaotic scenes in front of her and she realizes that there are more people hiding from her and arguing with her girlfriend right now. She guesses that they are their friends.

“What’s the meaning of all of these?” Jungeun questions to fuming Jinsol while standing up and raising her right eyebrow.

Connecting the dots and based on what she had heard, it is a “supposedly” surprise proposal for her. Even Jungeun can say that it is a fail.

“I was about to… Never mind… Come out now, guys!” Jinsol stutters and she waves her arms around making Sooyoung, Haseul, Hyelin, and France come out from their hidden spot while holding a banner with ‘YOU WILL MARRY ME’ printed on it.

Jungeun should be crying right now, she swears she would…

Who wouldn’t if your partner finally asks for your hand in marriage?

However, she’s still raising her eyebrow while finding the whole situation chaotic than touching.

Don’t get her wrong, she’s surprised and she didn’t expect any of these but the messy situation of the whole surprise makes her chuckle, and so she does. Jungeun laughs but forcefully stops immediately after Jinsol taps her shoulder.

“So? How’s it?” Jinsol asks.

The lawyer looks around again then stops when her sight lands on the banner. Something’s wrong obviously, especially on the question. Was it really a question though?

“I think there’s something wrong on your banner, Jung.” She says to her waiting girlfriend.

Jinsol looks at it too and her confused expression turns into realizing one. “Oh right! Hey, spread the banner!” The raven orders to the four and they spread the material making four periods after each words visible.

“Are you seriously forcing me to marry you? How sweet, Jinsol.” Jungeun says with an obvious hint of amusement on her tone.

Yes, the sentence earlier was demanding enough for Jungeun, but now that it turned into ‘YOU. WILL. MARRY. ME.’ No doubt that the older is really ordering Jungeun to marry her, and with the force now.

“Yes?” Quite not sure about her own answer, Jinsol scratches the back of her head.

“What if I won’t do it?”

“Then no ring for mommy.”

It was Yerim who answered. They almost forgot about the child between them. Both parents look down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter