Don't Play With Fire

Playing with Fire

"I'm sorry, but we can't continue like this..."

It was the week before their official release of the album. Jiyong, or famously known as G Dragon, knew that he was being cruel, only saying what needed to be said the week before they have to face the onslaught of going public. But he selfishly wanted to prolong it - the times that he can just hug and kiss his maknae.

Yang was the one who approached. A month before the inevitable. The rumors of them being in a relationship (which wasn't technically rumors since they are in a relationship, just not officially out due to the homophobic nature of the country they breathe in) has been going rampant. Apparently, there was a unanimous conscientious within their fan community, both from local and global, and numerous photographic evidence confirming what was otherwise already the truth.

Add to that a rather pesky "informant" that claims to be an ex-employee attempting to come to the public with videograph evidence of said relationship.

In a country that screams murder at seeing an image of two men healthily in love? It was enough to destroy their whole career, their band's reputation, and even bring down the company and the other artists in it.

They have no other choice, Yang framed the situation and presented him with the worse case scenario -Jiyong and Seungri might even get legally persecuted.

Unfortunately, even his enormous wealth couldn't buy the country's favor. He has to end it.

"I'm sorry..."

The words tasted bitter in his mouth, like acid that burns his tongue. He wanted to take it back as soon as it left his mouth. But he was forced to chew down his cheeks and live with the sting.

Seungri's face contorted immediately akin to a man told that he only had an hour to live. He didn't even protest, didn't even open his mouth to ask for an explanation.

He took it. He took it all without question.

Jiyong hated the way his maknae trusted him more than his own self. He wanted the maknae to shout, to angrily beg for an explanation, to scream at him, to get angry at him, to have any other emotion than utter acceptance.

Why is his maknae so quick to take his words? Why is Seungri so quick to trust his judgments?

Jiyong had proved time and time again that he was far from perfect. His fans may have conjured a heavenly image of him in their little adoring heads, but Seungri have seen all of him. He had seen him at his lowest, the way he folded and thought of death after the question on his artistry - the only thing that defined him. He had seen him bare, his body presented like a sacrificial lamb in the alter of the gods.

Seungri had tasted every inch of him. Every sweat his body poured. Every liquid excreted by . Seungri knew him inside and out. He should know better.

That this isn't what Jiyong really wants.

But why isn't Seungri saying anything? Why is his shoulders slumped? His face white? His eyes holding back tears? Why is he silent? Forcing himself not to speak, not to say anything, but only to accept—accept the fact that his leader, the Great GDragon, had finally grew tired of him.

Seungri nodded once, twice, before bidding a goodbye. He didn't even look at Jiyong before hurriedly locking himself in his own room.

The little apartment where they shared beds with each other has long passed the band's income. Now, they lived in a condominium with their separate rooms and seldom talks of renting their own space -house, whatever they seemed fit.

Jiyong and Seungri even planned on staying together, buying a vacation house in Seungri's province - near his parents. The maknae, having separated early with his family to pursue his teenage dream, wants to live closer.

Jiyong honestly could live in a trailer truck if that what Seungri wants. He made no qualms about where to live the rest of his life, as long as it with someone he loves and cherishes.

And that was no other than Seungri.

People called him obsessive, pointing out the way he constantly hover around the youngest. Even in his hating years, Seungri never left Jiyong's mind. He was always fascinated with Seungri - the way he accepted all of Jiyong's hateful comment, the smiles he courageously plaster in his face, the constant strength he possessed facing the backslash on his lack of skills, the way his body moved fluidly with any music (it makes Jiyong secretly relived to know that whatever melody he produces, Seungri can come up with something to spice it). Jiyong's mind was always filled with Seungri.

Jiyong loved all of Seungri. And knew that he was just as loved by Seungri.

So it wasn't a surprise to feel miserable when Seungri left him. No words exchange, no emotions shown, just....Seungri just walked away from all of it.

 

 

 

It has been a week. A week of constant regret over his choices, anger over his lifestyle and pain over losing Seungri to all of it. He had long ago decided that he could sacrifice all of it, willfully have it exchange for a peaceful life with him. He could, would, lay it all for him.