last

Finally over you

 

We are now walking towards the car. My love is getting married to the man whom she truly deserves. I held her hand tight. I may not be her end point, at least i was able to stay with her from the very beginning. 

 

"Joy! I am getting married!" She did small jumps before embracing me for a hug. "I can't believe i will reach this end" she looked at me in the eyes and embraced me again for a hug. "This end not ending up with you. Can i confess now? I don't want this feeling to haunt me forever." I held her shoulders, releasing the hug. Her eyes, her beautiful eyes shines because of the tears that wanted to fall. 

 

"What are you saying?" I asked her as I held her face. "Shouldn't you supposed to be-"

 

"From the very start, Joy, you are the only one that i loved. The only, only one that i will still love. I know it's impossible, but my feelings never changed. Even up until this day, even when i am getting married to the man i chose" she placed her hands on her chest. "This, my heart, still beats for you." A tear escaped her eyes. Another tear, and another, until it started to flow like a river. 

 

"Joy, i was afraid. I was afraid of the society that will judge us. I was afraid of the hates and criticism that we will get. I was afraid thinking that fighting for you might just destroy us both." Her words weren't understandable but i know her enough to understand her anyway. She looked at the floor avoiding my eyes. "I'm sorry that i'm very coward to fight my love for you." She shakily said as she feel on her knees. Her hands are on the floor supporting her whole body. Her head is bowed down as tears flow down harshly to her eyes. 

 

"Hey, get up. You shouldn't be thinking about these." I tried pulling her up but my knees got weaker seeing her like that so i ended up kneeling in front of her too. Her face is wet from all the tears that she's shedding. "I understand, Yeri, please stop crying. It's your wedding day." i smiled, trying to lift the situation up.

 

"No please hear me out, i want to say everything to you right now. I know-" i covered with my hands just enough to stop her from talking. Maybe it's time to finally confess too and move on. 

 

"I love you too." I pronounced every word tenderly to let her know what i truly feel. I can see her eyes widening. "So I understand everything, Yeri. I know we can't be together." My eyes mirrors her eyes. Tears are flowing continuously. "Right now, everything hurts. Its like i am being stab in my chest. But you know what? I am happy. Very, very happy." I smiled tears are still flowing. "I am happy because i know, now, you can love without any restrictions and fear of people. And because finally, someone can love you the way i love you." I removed my hands from holding and held her cheeks instead. "So please, be happy too." We embraced each other tightly. This will be the last. I will and can finally move on. 

 

Even though it's not with me, Yeri. Please be happy.  

 

We stayed hugging for minutes. I released the hugs when i felt that she's calming. I stared at her eyes. Tears still escape her eyes but she's calmer than earlier. 

 

"This is the last Yeri." I told her as i wipe her tears. "We should finally let go of this feelings. But let's meet again in another life, okay? And lets make sure to love each other endlessly." She smiled sadly as she nod her head slightly. 

 

"Every night i always wish that we are accepted in this society. So i can love you without any fear and doubts, Joy." She wiped my tears but her's is still flowing. 

 

"Me too. I always ask why i didn't become a man instead. But i guess everything has its purpose. That's what you always say, right? Right now i may not have found the reason but i think i will in the future." I smiled. This scenario always come into my mind but i didn't know it would happen today when i'm not yet fully ready. 

 

"But, in order to do that, i should live away from you. We should focus on our own lives and forget every...," i stopped for a second removing the lump in my throat. "...everything." She shakes her head. Tears are once again escaping her eyes. "My feelings must have been deep-rooted, Yeri. I wont make any progress on moving on if I will always have to see you. I would just hurt myself. I have to stay away from you." I explained to her. Even though i have expected that this scenario will eventually happen, i can't still deny the fact that this hurts like hell. It feels like my heart is ripping apart. 

 

"Do you really need to do that, Joy? Then what about me? I need you in my life, please." 

 

I nodded. "Yes i have to, Yeri. We both need this to move on." I looked at her with a firm sad eyes. "You have to start your life anew with Lucas now. He will love you the way you deserve and be the everything that you want. He will make you feel the queen that you already are." she shakes her head slightly. "And, lastly, You have to forget about me and your feelings for me." She started crying again. 

 

"Gi, i dont think i can do it," she cried even harder "...i'm already used to being with you all the time. I cant do it." 

 

I nodded to her slowly. "We both can't, Yeri. And that just adds more to the reasons why i have to go." Her cries were as hard as the storms in spring seasons. She hugged me tightly as she keep on pleading for me to stay. 

 

"But you don't have to worry, i promise i will come back. It might take years but I will still come back. I will go back to you once I am finally--" i stopped i couldn't say it. I looked at her, she's staring at me with her eyes that's full of emotions. 

 

"No" she mouthed me. Her eyes is like a flowing river. I'm sorry that i have to make you cry like this, love. But i have to do this. I closed my eyes tightly before saying it 

 

"Finally over you."  

 

 

------

 

Author's note:

 

Lots of couple actually have to sacrifice their love and selves just because we have this kind of society. So even though this is just a short story, i hope everyone can take time to understand it and let it be an eye-opener to all. 

 

All people deserves to be loved and love whoever they like. If ever you feel like in a situation where society criticize you, please, don't be like Yeri and Joy who chooses to give up each other. Please fight for your love and always remember that we will always got your back. :)