the confidence

take your shots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I know you're worried Jiwoo unnie, but I promise you, it's gonna be okay soon. Sooyoung unnie's not the type of person to run away from the person she clearly loves just because she's afraid." A black haired girl with cat like features says to her phone as she continues to roam the mall with her shopping bags hanging on her left arm, the other one holding her phone up to her ear.

Hyunjin sighs as her Jiwoo unnie starts rambling again about her worries that includes a certain girl she knows too well.

"Unnie, just because you planned something that includes Sooyoung unnie and then forgot to inform her before the last minute doesn't mean Sooyoung unnie's going to abandon you for being a forgetful pe---" Jiwoo interrupts her before she gets to finish her words.

"But Hyunjin, I included her into camping. Camping, Hyunjin. You know Sooyoungie hates camping because she hates the bugs and the too much noise and sh---"

"Then make your camping suited to what she likes. She hates bugs? Don't take her to a bug infested site. She hates the noise? Then bring her to a quiet place. It's pretty simple unnie, you just have to think and not panic. Now don't think of Sooyoung unnie's silence as a bad thing. She would really need the time to think about it since you kind of just dropped the bomb on her." Hyunjin stops before herfavorite ice cream shop, eyes twinkling as she eyes her favorite ice cream flavor.

Hyunjin snorts when she thinks of a thought. "I don't even know why you wanted to go camping, unnie. You know unnie only likes secluded time with you to do...those things that I don't even want to imagine." Hyunjin enters the place and takes her seat on an empty table near the window, a frown written on her face. "I just want to try something...new."

Hyunjin scoffs. "Like what? Having in a tent while being in the wilderness?" Hyunjin laughs at herown absurd idea but when she hears nothing coming from the other line for a while, she considers throwing her phone where she can never see it again and bleach her ears.

"Unnie, what the !" Hyunjin rests her forehead on the table and hits it for a few times, earning her odd looks from the other people inside the ice cream shop. "Unnie, I'm hanging up now."

After ending the call, Hyunjin puts her phone down on her table and looks around the shop, just noticing that it actually became crowded, most of the people inside were students from the nearby school. The cat girl looks at the people ordering on the counter and sees that most of them were ordering her favorite ice cream and suddenly fear consumes her. It's gonna be sold out.

Hyunjin contemplates leaving her table to order but then she's afraid someone's going to take her seat away but she's also afraid that if she doesn't order, she'll be too late and her favorite ice cream will be sold out.

The girl was about to stand up from her seat when something crashes on the window beside her, startling the hell out of her. She turns and sees captivating eyes staring back at her from the ground, a smile growing on the person's face before it turns to complete horror. The person looks behind her and screams, scrambling to her feet and then dashing inside the ice cream shop, towards Hyunjin and then under the girl's table. Hyunjin stares at the girl for a moment before kneeling down, meeting the girl's scared eyes. "Excuse me miss, what's wrong?"

The stranger blinks a few times then looks outside, seeing the monster of her life staring back at her. "P-Pigeon." She stutters, fear laced in her voice. Hyunjin looks outside and there it was, a small pigeon on the mall's ground, looking at them innocently.

"Don't let it fool you." The girl says as she crawls out from under the table, glaring hard at the bird. "It's the devil reincarnate. All of them are." The girl stands before the cat girl, any sign of her fear earlier gone.

She offers her hand. "l'm sorry for the disturbance I caused. My name's Heejin. Jeon Heejin."

Hyunjin accepts her hands and shakes it, a weird feeling in her stomach starting to swirl slowly.

"It's fine, I have seen and heard more weird happenings than yours. My name's Kim Hyunjin." A huge smile crawls on the strange girl, her eyes twinkling as she continues to hold the eye contact with the cat girl. "There's a weirder scene than what I just did? Now you have to tell."

"l'd love to tell you but I'm on the verge of not getting my favorite ice cream because my unnie held me up on the phone while thinking of having with her girlfriend in a tent in the wilderness." Heejin gasps and then laughs, her melodious tone ringing in Hyunjin's ears. "You'll have to tell me the whole story when I get back." Heejin takes a step back, confusing the cat girl.

"Where are you going?" Heejin starts walking backwards, the smile on her face never leaving.

"Ordering us some ice cream! What flavor do you want? It's on me!" Heejin makes the snapping sounds with fingers, winking charmingly at the cat girl.

Hyunjin can't oppose anymore since the girl was already in line to order. "Mint choco!" She shouts at Heejin, not minding the disapproval looks coming from the older people inside the ice cream shop. She takes her seat and waits for her new friend to come back. After ordering, Heejin returns to theirtable and sits across the cat girl, flashing a quick smile before speaking. "So? You were saying?"

"So I have this unnie, who has a girlfriend. She said she wanted to try something new, for herself and for their relationship. So she planned a camping trip with her girlfriend."

Hyunjin chuckles at the thought of her two unnies bickering inside the car while driving to their destination site. "But the thing is that her girlfriend hates camping. And she informed her just now. Their camping will be the day after tomorrow."

"Wait, where did that in the wilderness came from?"

"Well, after consoling her that her girlfriend's not going to run away, I asked her why she even thought about planning a camping trip when her girlfriend only likes secluded time with her. Like what I said earlier, she said she wanted to try something new. I tried teasing her and suggested that idea. I thought she would react and deny it fast but she just stayed quiet."

"She was thinking about it!" Heejin exclaims, disbelief written all over her face. Hyunjin chuckles at Heejin's reaction, the sight of the smiling girl making her smile as well.

"Man, you have weird unnies." Heejin laughs as she shakes her head, her eyes darting on the paper bags beside Hyunjin's chair. She tilts her head and stares at it for awhile. Sensing that something caught the girl's attention, Hyunjin follows the girl's gaze and chuckles when she realizes that Heejin was staring at the clothes she bought.

"Oh, that's my dress for my friend's wedding. It's on the weekend so I'm getting ready. She was supposed to come with me but her fiance kind of wanted her attention all to herself." Heejin laughs, throwing her head back as she does and Hyunjin finds herself entranced with how the girl does it so naturally while also keeping herself so beautiful.

"Early honeymoon?" Heejin suggests after her laughing fit.

Hyunjin shrugs as she tries to recover from her blatant staring, turning her face around so that the girl won't see her big fat blush. "Probably."

A small silence slips between them after the person at the countercalls for Heejin's name and the girl stands up to get their ice cream, returning back with a big smile on her face that Hyunjin reciprocates.

"You know..." Heejin starts speaking after taking a few bites of her cookies and cream. She looks up from her cup to Hyunjin, cleaning the bits of ice cream on her small spoon. "l've always wanted to try planning weddings. My cousin is a wedding planner and I've seen him on his work and he was amazing at it. I was so amazed I asked him if I could help him next time."

Hyunjin raises her eyebrows in anticipation. "So? Did you get that next time?"

Heejin takes a scoop of her ice cream and eats it, looking back at Hyunjin. "Yeah, but I think I didn't do much."

Hyunjin frowns, not liking that Heejin thinks too low of herself.

What the...You just met her Hyunjin!

Hyunjin sets her elbows on the table, pushing her empty cup to the side, resting her face on her palms, her eyes straight to Heejin's. "What makes you think that you didn't do much? Did you just stay still at one place or something?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter