Fin

What’s cooking?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I miss you. I haven’t gotten a hold of you last night.” Nayeon smiles as soon as she hears her girlfriend’s voice over the phone.

“I miss you too babe. Breakfast service today was exhausting. The President had booked a breakfast meeting at the restaurant the last minute and everybody just kind of panicked when the exec. chef told us we have two hours to prepare. Enough about me though, you sound so exhausted.” Nayeon gestures for her line cooks to start prepping for tonight’s dinner service.

Nayeon is a head chef at a two Michelin star restaurant called Savory owned by an awarded chef, Chef Yoo Chang Joon. The restaurant is located at a five star hotel in the heart of Seoul which is why she’s usually busy and can’t be reached even through the phone.

“Yeah, I’m exhausted. It took us nine hours to finish yesterday’s shoot and I only got a wink of sleep but I’m glad I finally got to hear your voice before I head out.” Her girlfriend chuckles lightly and Nayeon blushes at this. She hasn’t seen the girl in two months since her girlfriend has a project in Switzerland. Her girlfriend is scheduled to be back next week and she’s mentally thinking of ways to surprise her. It includes food and Nayeon herself of course. It wouldn’t hurt if she spices things up a bit and put the food over her body but she’ll consider once the day finally arrives.

“You should really take care of your health. I hope you’re eating well and I swear to God if I hear from Chaeyoung and Dahyun that you’re eating reheated gas station food, I will kill you.” Nayeon jokingly threatens but also thinks of calling her girlfriend’s managers, Dahyun and Chaeyoung to make sure.

She fixes her chef’s jacket and heads inside a walk in freezer where they store some of their fresh ingredients. She gives the ingredients a last minute inspection to make sure everything will turn out great tonight. Their restaurant is booked for an intimate dinner with Chef Chang Joon’s family.

“Kill me with kindness and kisses when I’m back instead. You always resort to violence. You don’t know how much I miss you. There’s a lot of really cute girls here but sadly the cutest is in Seoul right now...” she hears her girlfriend pause and somebody starts talking to her in the background. “Hey babe, my managers are calling me now. You must be busy too. I’ll see you later. I love you!” Her girlfriend hangs up before she can even respond.

“See you on facetime. That woman is so silly.” Nayeon utters to herself smiling before she heads back inside the kitchen to start another busy night of cooking.

 


The VIP guests finally arrives and Nayeon along with her Sous Chef Momo is at the entrance of the restaurant to greet them and exchange pleasantries.

“My dear. I haven’t seen you in a while. Why haven’t you come by our house in a long time?” Chef Yoo Chang Joon’s wife greets Nayeon as they exchange kisses on the cheeks.

“I’m so sorry miss Yoo. I’ve been busy with the restaurant and all. I’ll come by when Chef gives me a vacation.” Nayeon apologetically says as she leads them to their table. Momo is following them and entertaining Chang Joon’s daughters, Seungyeon and Seoyeon.

“You always say that. It’s been years Nayeon. You know you still can call me Mom like you used to when you are still living in Suwon. Nothing has changed.” The lady puts her hand on Nayeon’s shoulder understandingly before she takes a seat. Nayeon just smiles, wishes for their family to enjoy their night and bows down to excuse herself before she heads to her kitchen.

 

 

An hour into their dinner service, Nayeon gets a surprise.

 

“Nayeon.” She hears and she turns back to see Chef Chang Joon with a very familiar face standing next to him which causes Nayeon to temporarily freeze on her spot. They must’ve just arrived in the restaurant.

“My baby here is acting up. I know it’s not in tonight’s menu but can you please prepare our special fillet mignon? Just two portions. My daughter has brought a guest with her.” Chang Joon says as he pats his daughter’s shoulder and walks back to his wife’s table, leaving the girl standing in front of Nayeon.

“What’s up?” The blonde haired woman clad in an obviously designer coat looks at Nayeon.

“The ceiling.” Nayeon sarcastically replies and ignores her to go back to preparing the additional entree’s that she requested.

She hears the woman chuckle lightly and she rolls her eyes out of irritation.

“I haven’t seen you in a while yet you haven’t changed a bit, Im Nayeon.” The woman continues to speak.

“You shouldn’t be in here. If you need any other food prepared for you, say it now. If you don’t need anything else, you can go back to the dining room, Yoo Jeongyeon.” Nayeon rolled her eyes at the woman when she looks back at her and she sees the woman with a smug grin on her face.

“Okay. I’ll see you later then.” Nayeon hears Jeongyeon say and the woman gives a quick wave to the kitchen staff before exiting the kitchen.

“Why can’t you and Jeongyeonie get along? She’s pretty kind you know. You two always act like you’re exes who hates the idea of being in the same room with each other.” Nayeon hears Momo speak next to her which Nayeon simply ignored.

“Chef Hirai, Chef Im’s lover might be a jealous folk. After all, being next to Jeongyeon makes you weak and might make you fall in love with her. Chef Im might be taking preventive measures.” One of the line cooks jokes but he instantly ducks his head when he sees Nayeon shooting him a glare.

Yoo Jeongyeon is Chef Chang Joon’s beloved youngest daughter. His big baby. She’s never really involved herself with their family’s restaurant business but she makes her own money and made a name for herself as a famous kpop idol. The woman sings and dances, keeps herself in shape and pretty for a living.

Nayeon first met Jeongyeon when she was just an aspiring line cook at her dad’s flagship restaurant in Suwon five years ago. It was a small traditional restaurant and Jeongyeon was still just a trainee in Seoul so they never really got acquainted until Jeongyeon decided to drop by the restaurant and enter the kitchen unannounced to prank the newly hired line cook.

Needless to say their first meeting ended with Jeongyeon having a spatula slapped on her cheeks and Nayeon dropping a tray of a 16-hour long roasted pork which their restaurant wasn’t able to serve that night all thanks to Jeongyeon pulling a prank by throwing a fake snake on her while she’s carrying a hot tray.

Since then, Nayeon didn’t really like Jeongyeon but Jeongyeon kept coming back to her dad’s restaurant to make Nayeon’s life miserable by pranking and teasing her nonstop.

A year afte

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter