One

Tears of the Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The waiting shed covered them a little from the heavy rain; the holes of the rusty roof dropped a tear or two to the raven hair waiting for the bus. Just like most people who stayed under the protection of the shed, he was aware that it was going to rain heavily, yet he did not bring an umbrella.

 

Sehun frowned deeply and hugged himself tightly. The shaded space of the shed wasn't enough for everyone who tried to push themselves in; they were like sardines in a can, color pens in a box; there was no space left as they tried to stay away from the cries of the heavens.

 

From where he was standing, he could see the road slicked with rainwater; it was empty. Cars that usually passed by this time of the day lessened; Sehun liked that; he couldn't stand too much honking of those vehicles, angrily driving as if they own the road of the city.

 

"Excuse me," he glowered at the road when he heard another trying to get some space to cover themselves. Most of them weren't there to wait for the bus, which was half an hour late. 

 

Everything about today was unpleasant to Sehun; he didn't like them one bit. He just got last warning from his boss about his tardiness, one more late, and he's about to get fired.

 

Today was awful luck.

 

About ten minutes passed when the bus finally arrived; the windows are kissed by the droplets, making the view on the inside blurry. Sehun didn't move an inch as people around him hurried to get in when the door opened; he doesn't like to push himself with them; it's a hassle.

 

When the last one got in, he finally moved forward and let the rain shower him with coldness. He was aware that his coat was getting soaked, he didn't care. Upon entering, the bus immediately moved that he almost jerked forward and kissed the floor if he wasn't quick enough to hold on to a seat.

 

Seven is a lucky number? It's the seventh of November today, and Sehun hasn't felt any luck yet; it's almost night; where was the luck of seven? Maybe it was washed away by the rain.

 

He looked everywhere except the eyes of the people who were digging at him as he stood in the middle. A seat was empty at the back; that is where he was heading.

 

Sehun came to a stop when he saw a bottle of alcohol sitting on the empty seat beside a man, who had his chin rested on his hand, gaze on the blurry window.

 

"Can you remove this, please?" The world was cruel to him today, but he was taught to be polite no matter the time, day, or whoever he was talking to. It was one of the lessons he would never forget from his late father.

 

The stranger turned to him before grabbing the bottle and settled it between his feet. Sehun hesitated to sit beside him, but it was the only seat available at the moment. Within a second, he flopped down with closed eyes and a satisfied sigh. He never knew sitting after a long day of walking around could be this good.

 

The bus filled with the music playing from the old radio the driver provided, the sound of the rain against the cover, and his seatmate's constant puking sounds. Sehun unfolded his eyes and stared at the man.

 

Before Sehun knew it, he was vomiting on his coat.

 

With an open mouth, widened eyes, and teary eyes, he pushed the man away by his shoulders. "Oh my god," he let out. Sehun didn't care about the people's stares, it was his coat he was worried about, yes, he didn't care about the rain, but it was vomit that was now sticking on his clothing.

 

"Sorry," the man whispered as if he did something that could be undone by an apology.

 

Sehun ignored him and prayed hard for the bus to stop wherever the next station will be; he'll get out of the vehicle.

 

He impatiently waited for almost twenty minutes when the door finally opened; unlike earlier, he was the first to hurry out of the bus, racing against some passengers like a fish in the water.

 

The rain didn't change; still, it was heavy and thick. Sehun let the rain wash the stain on his coat and soak his body; it's not like he cared about his health, anyway. With a curse of his breath, he then went under the waiting shed. It wasn't like earlier as well; there are no holes on the roof, fewer people, and more space to sit on.

 

Maybe this is the luck within his day, or that was what he thought.

 

He froze when he saw the same person who vomited on him, sitting on the bench. His already messed up hair dance with the wind brought by the rain, eyes are reddish like the color of the sunset, lips so plump, and a sharp jaw that Sehun was curious about the feeling of it against his fingertips.

 

The same person he never expected to be his friend.

 

The same person he never expected to share deep secrets with.

 

The same person he never expected to make him feel weak.

 

The same person he never expected to fall in love with.

 

That was how they met, because of an event Sehun thought only happened in movies or fiction. In the middle of a rainy day, from the bus to the waiting shed, it wasn't ideal, but it was the beginning of new things in his life.

 

Such as love.

 

"I like you," Sehun confessed, closing his eyes shut; Kai's reaction was what scared him the most.

 

He had been keeping his feelings in a bottle for a long time now, he's had enough, and it's time to set it free, to be shouted to the world. Sehun knew the possibilities that could happen; he'd seen it in movies; a thing he was sure of, his friends would be mad.

 

Sehun never meant to get closer, be attached, fall. From some of his friends' mouths, Kai was a heartbreaker, but it wasn't the same Kai Sehun knew of. The Kai he fell for wasn't the same as the one he first met. Everyone misunderstood.

 

He froze when a pair of arms shut around his waist, pulling him incredibly closer before pushing him until his back softly hit the wall. Warm breath ghosted over his lips; he could feel all, but not see, as his eyes were still shut. Sehun felt a chill running over his body when the plump lips pressed against his; he slowly raised his trembling hands and rested it on Kai's shoulders.

 

As a person who doesn't have any experience kissing anyone, he froze in Kai's tight embrace. How the warmth of Kai's lips was being shared with his, no teeth and tongue were all he could think of. It was his first kiss, and he would gladly have it like this over and over again in another life.

 

When Kai pulled away, he slowly opened his eyes.

 

"I like you too," Kai replied before holding Sehun's chin and dived for another kiss. This time, Sehun wasn't scared anymore; the thumping of his heart was because of how tight Kai's arms were around his waist, because of their hearts pressed together, and Kai's lips on his.

 

It was like how his older sister described to him when they were young; she often blabbered about wishing for a prince charming from a fairytale she read last night that would make her feel the butterflies in her tummy, make her feel safe and content.

 

Sehun remembered telling her that it was rubbish, and oh, how wrong he was.

 

With a soft peck, Kai pulled away. Sehun felt his cheek dusting red when he glanced at Kai's reddening lips.

 

He readied many apology statements if Kai ever disgustedly turn his back on him when he confessed, but pressing a finger on his lips, he wanted to cry. He never felt so safe in anyone's arms before; no one ever held him like that.

 

"Let's go?" Kai offered him a hand before kissing his forehead. Their hands fit perfectly like it was made for each other, like it was shaped together. Their fingers laced with each other as they walked out of Kai's apartment, happily swaying together.

 

It was the happiness his mother told him about; the delight he would experience when he got older; no matter how many times Sehun tried to guess what it was, his mother would say that he was too young to understand, too naïve.

 

Looking at Kai, he finally understood.

 

How his mother placed his tiny hand on her chest to feel her heartbeat whenever his dad gave her flowers.

 

Remembering their kiss, he finally understood.

 

Kai gave him the answers to the thousand questions he brought when he was young; he was the only answer Sehun wanted to get.

 

"Where are we going?" Sehun queried with a smile.

 

"You'll see."

 

They rode the same bus where they first met; Sehun smiled to himself. Who would've thought that a simple transportation instrument would hold the most precious encounter of his life? Not him. No one thought, yet here it is.

 

They sat on the back, the same seat they sat on that rainy day; nothing changed that much, except that they're hands are linked together, he's leaning his head on Kai's shoulder, and the constant pressing of lips on Sehun's hair.

 

It was a gift he never asked for but longed for. It was with Kai, and that's what made it even special.

 

"I'm sleepy," Sehun mumbled.

 

"Sleep, then. I'll be here." Kai replied with a kiss on his head.

 

Sehun felt his heart flutter; on his way to sleep, his mind remembered the feeling of Kai's lips on his; it pulled a smile out of his face. He could find himself dying happily like this, with the person he wanted to spend every day with.

 

With that, he drifted to sleep with a hand caressing his.

 

"Sehun," he felt a tap on his cheek; when he opened his eyes, Kai greeted him with a smile he'd never get sick of looking at.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter