What?

What?

 

 
'What?'
 
'Deaf?'
 
Hyukjae frowned, 'No,I have heard what you said,what I don't get is.... Why me?'
 
'Because I,leader-sshi,said so, now go and talk to him'.
 
One hard look of Leeteuk was enough to make Hyukjae's feet move from their former position in the middle of the kitchen of their apartment. He was just moving,though; he was not convinced yet that it was a good idea talking with Kyuhyun. The latter would just try to kill him telepathically with the use of his killer glares; immature thought of Hyukjae,yes,but why him? Why sending Hyukjae instead of Sungmin?
 
Sungmin and Kyuhyun were closer anyways. And damn, what was this all of a sudden 'let's-try-to-make-Kyuhyun-share-his-problems-with-us' for? They already tried different times, and each of them,they miserably and pathetically failed as the maknae just puffed at them and then pointed to the door of his room; it was clear that even if they came to console him, they were not welcome. Not at all. Kyuhyun had always been that person who preferred keeping his problems for himself and asking for no one's help. 
 
This was not even the first time Kyuhyun was so full of his thoughts that he wasn't picking his joystick to start playing with his play-station or turning on his laptop to continue his Star Craft game. 
 
Last time this happened, Kyuhyun's moment of deep reflection lasted for at least six hours. 
 
Hyukjae took a deep breath as he arrived in front of the room of said maknae. He stared at it for a full minute and thought, sure there is something that is seriously bothering him. He's been an angel for seven good days. He was supposed to knock at the door and waited for Kyuhyun's voice to tell him he can come in or at least to hear him muttering something unaudible that he will fake to get as a permission that he could enter in--this last one was more probable. No, it was surely what will happen.
 
However,he understood none of the two options would happen if his hand didn't at least tap on the door.
 
He stayed looking stupidly, gawking even,for another while.
 
At the end, he sighed faintly. He will just tell me to go out. When his hand met the wooden surface, the sound that had been produced by that made Hyukjae tuck boths his hands in the pockets of his tight jeans as if he was afraid Kyuhyun would impossibly open the door himself and found him standing and then would look bad at his hands like he wanted to cut them for having knocked-- stupid thoughts like these should not even be thought, Hyukjae scolded himself.
 
'...'
 
Hyukjae bit his lower lip as he heard nothing, no one voice's replying. If it wasn't because it was Leeteuk who asked--no, ordered him to talk with Kyuhyun,he would have given a , instead he found himself looking for a death look as he knocked again.
 
'....-n'
 
He did run fingers in his hair and wished good-luck to himself, before turning the knob. As he stepped in, his eyes darted down at the ball-Kyuhyun sat on the floor with many CDs videogame here and there around him. It wasn't the first time he had seen that mess, but being the 'I-want-everything-tidy-and-clean' person that he was, Hyukjae frowned.
 
He took his gaze off and placed it on Kyuhyun's figure. The maknae was staring back at him. He was not glaring and Hyukjae thanked silently for that.
 
Hyukjae thought he could initiate the conversation with something not related to Kyuhyun's behavior to then turn to it when Kyuhyun would start answering him properly-- not going to happen,his mind said,but he had to try.
 
'Do you k--'
 
'If I ask you one thing, will you answer me honestly?', Kyuhyun terminated to ask before him.
 
Hyukjae blinked. 'What?'
 
He saw Kyuhyun roll his eyes at him. His brows furrowed and Hyukjae thought he was going to be kicked out. That quickly.
 
'Can I ask you one thing?', Kyuhyun said more firmly. To the older's relief, he wore the neutral look as Hyukjae nodded. Why shouldn't he nod? When a person asks a question aren't people who are talking to said person supposed to answer?
 
'Do you wear lenses?'
 
What?, Hyukjae blinked again. Kyuhyun was joking. He had to be joking because they all knew he can see clearly. Sure he did wear glasses,but it was just for fashion. And honestly speaking,he did look handsome with them on,that's why he wore them. But again,no, he did not wear lenses and he did wear glasses not because he saw bad. 
 
'What?', he was probably looking like a perfect idiot. All he did until now was repeating that single word twice.
 
Kyuhyun didn't mind to respond at his question; he had prepared another one, 'Then why can't you see it? It's so obvious.'
 
Hyukjae was lost. He was not understanding anything, 'See.....What?', believe him, he really did do his best not to say that word anymore,but he couldn't find any that could replace it. Because of the whole non-sense dialogue between them, his eyes were getting wide. He was more than confused.
 
Kyuhyun mumbled something he didn't get. When he stood up, face looking so aggravated, Hyukjae recoiled. He momentarily thought of running away,but dismissed it with a shake of his head because 1. it was another really stupid thought and 2.....There was no 2,he concluded as he didn't remember.
 
'Can I ask you another thing?'
 
You have already asked me two. 'Uh...Yes...I guess'
 
'What do you like?'
 
The older guy kept his mouth shut. He was not going to say it again. He looked at Kyuhyun questioningly.
 
'Do you like a person with long/short hair? Bright/Dark hair? Blue eyes? Tall? Tell me.', Kyuhyun demanded, 'Please.'
 
Hyukjae gaped. 'U-uhm... Cute, fair skinned,curly.....Bright hair?'
 
There was a pause.
Kyuhyun looked at him and then after an eternity nodded in acknowledgement, 'Okay. You can go.'
 
'Go?'
 
'Yes.'
 
'But... Wait.', Hyukjae said, 'I have to ask y--'
 
'Sorry. Don't want to.', Kyuhyun shooed him and then locked the door when Hyukjae was out of his room.
 
The we talked about?
 
 
-
 
 
'Go.'
 
'But hyung....'
 
Leeteuk gave him a really aggravated look, 'He's pestering our manager and now he's sulking because he can't dye his hair blonde nor white nor--- Go and tell him Dark is better than Bright.'