Too Much

Too Much

It was a peaceful morning and one out of seven residences at the Dreamcather’s dormitory is already wide awake. Dami is sipping her green tea at the kitchen counter. They are having a short break after their successful comeback, Boca.

“You’re up early again.” Suddenly she finds herself being wrapped in by a pair of arms that belongs to her tall best friend, Yoohyeon.

“My internal clock got no notification that it’s my free day. What are you doing up?” She asked back while tightening Yoohyeon’s hold around herself. It’s a chilly morning, so the extra warmth is very much appreciated.

“The bed’s cold without you.” Dami can feel Yoohyeon’s breath tickling her neck when her friend burying her faces there. Right… they were sleeping together in Dami’s room last night. They have been doing that a lot lately that Yoohyeon practically already became her roommate. She also has her own set of pillow and blanket on Dami’s bed.

“Weren’t the blanket enough?”

“Being engulf by your warmth is much better than being wrap with a blanket.” Yoohyeon said while changing her position into Dami’s lap.

“What will you do at night when you’re back to your own room? Cuddling with Sua unnie?” Dami lazily runs her hand on Yoohyeon’s side because she knows the woman likes that.

“Are you trying to say that we can’t sleep together anymore?” God… why does that sound so scandalous to Dami’s ear. Yoohyeon looks kind of offended. And the way she said those words also different. There’s a hint of hurt, and something else that she never heard before.

“No, I’m not. But Sua unnie might sulk again and she will really get rid of your bed if you continue leaving her alone.” Dami tries to talk softly to Yoohyeon.

“Sua  unnie won’t actually do that. Besides, I’ll always make sure to play and make time for her. She’s got no problem with that.”

“Fine. If you say so.”

“What are you planning to do today? Please don’t tell me you’re going to lock yourself up in your studio for the whole day.” Yoohyeon said while playing with Dami’s soft hair.

“You’re one to talk when you also going to spend the rest of your day in the practice room today.” The pair of same-aged friend shared something in common despite many differences. One of it is that both of them hate wasting time by not doing anything even though it is their free day which is hard to get. Especially Yoohyeon. She likes to use her time wisely by improving her skills in various areas or even learning new things. There is never a dull moment with Yoohyeon.

“I was going to. But, now I just want to spend time with you. Let’s do some fun stuff together Dami. Play with me.”

“I’ll bore you to death. Go wake up Siyeon unnie. She’s fun to hang around. You like playing with her.”

“Why are you bringing up Siyeon unnie name? I asked you. Not her. I want to be with you. Not her.” The air surrounding them started to get heavier. The warmth that was welcome before started to suffocate her.

“Hey…”

“If you don’t want to be with me, you could just say so. First, you’re trying to kick me out of your room and now you’re pushing me to spend time with other person.” Dami was shocked by the tone in Yoohyeon’s voice. She sounds completely different. Yoohyeon also doesn’t know what happened to her. She never acted this rashly and feels hurt by Dami’s words. She knew the younger always find a way to annoyed her and laugh about it. It is just her way of showing affection. But now, Yoohyeon just feel heaviness on her chest. It was just Dami being her playful self Yoohyeon. Yoohyeon could not believe she said those words to her best friend. She can’t even look at Dami’s eyes right now. She needs to get away from this unexpected situation. She can’t handle any confrontation at this moment.

But, Yoohyeon being her own clumsy self, caught on her own feet when she’s trying to move away from Dami’s comfortable lap. Fortunately, Dami was fast enough to pull her into her arms. With her mind already jumble up just become a big mess when she realise the situation they were in. Dami’s arms holding on securely around Yoohyeon’s thin waist while both her hands gripping Dami’s shoulder like her life depend on it. Their face is so close to each other that Yoohyeon can see her own reflection in Dami’s big black orbs.

Breathtakingly beautiful… Yoohyeon can hear her own voice echoing in her mind, stating fact of her best friend’s appearance.

Did her lips always look this red and plump? I wonder did it feel soft too or even taste like marshmallows. So sweet and will melt deliciously in your mouth.

… what the heck Dami. That’s your best friend. You can’t just thinking of kissing the life out of her.

 

Yoohyeon saw it. Given their high difference, Dami’s eye line automatically falls on her lips. But the way gulping nervously and her eyes darken even more makes Yoohyeon’s heart beat accelerate much more too. Desire… can I obey it? Would it be fine if we cross the line? Tell me Dami. Please…

Without realising it, her hand already cradles Dami’s jaw delicately. Their nose touching.

We’re about to cross the boundary Dami. Stop me.

I can’t. Push me away Yoohyeon. Please…

Their desperate cries of desire and guilt echoing silently through the air in their once peaceful dormitory. Can anyone hear it?

“Are you guys finally kissing? Because that would be like the happiest news to brighten this whole year, which is very .” Siyeon’s sleepy voice cut through the heavy air and manage to answer their distress call of conscience. In split seconds, Dami manage to distance their body away from insanity of reckless move into safety denial zone. Thank you Siyeon unnie. You’re the knight that has come to stop me from touching the forbidden Princess Yoohyeon.Yoohyeon never once in her life feeling like hugging and punching someone at the same time before but, that’s how she feels at this moment. She was very thankful at Siyeon for showing up at the right time and stops them from doing something stupid. But she also wants to drown herself in that stupid action that will bring her momentary happiness.

“Stop your silly comments Siyeon unnie. That’s not funny. And it’s still early for me to entertain your bull.” Gulp… she’s mad. Or frustrated?.. Siyeon was left speechless by Yoohyeon’s annoyed grumble. The taller girl quickly retreats to her shared room with Sua after giving an indecipherable glance towards Dami. Yoohyeon’s right. It’s too early for me to handle their denial gay- bull. I need my morning coffee.

“Are you alright there little one?” Siyeon’s concern voice startled Dami who is in a trance after Yoohyeon left. She awkwardly throws a smile at the elder direction, proceeds to take her already cold tea, and brings it to her room.

“I know Yoohyeon likes to avoid confrontation. But that is not something that you guys can ignore forever. It’s there. All of us can see it. You two can feel it. You’re the mature one. Please. Just talk it out. We all love both of you no matter what.” For someone who needs coffee to start functioning in the morning, Siyeon gave pretty solid advice.

“Thanks Siyeon unnie.” Dami conveyed her gratitude with a small warm smile to the older girl and then proceeds to her single room, leaving Siyeon alone.

“What’s wrong with Yoohyeon? Did you annoy her again? She looks grumpier than normal.” Sua emerged from their shared room with a frown on her face.

“They finally have their moment of truth about their feelings and I kind of interrupted them. Now they’re in denial stage and to think that I had to witness that without my daily dose of coffee.”

“At last huh.. But why after the oblivious stage they’ve got to get to denial stage? Can’t they just skip to the accepting stage and then finally be together?” Siyeon shrugs and gives a comforting smile.

“I’ll make the coffee for you. I can’t handle another grumpy human today.” Siyeon grins widely and attack the smaller girl with a big hug.

“Thank you Sua unnie. You’re the best.” Sua chuckled a bit and then continue to make coffee while thinking what to cook for lunch. Just a way to make Yoohyeon feel better.

 

Yoohyeon constantly craves for attention and affection from her members. But she loves to bug Dami to focus on her the most. Her best friend that she called soul mate was a bit confusing. Sometimes she could act cold and just let Yoohyeon snuggle and play with her hands without any reaction. The other times she would play along and even cuddles on and bury her face on Yoohyeon’s neck. Those rare times are what she treasured the most. The private times they spend in Dami’s single room almost every night till the break of dawn. Talking about everything or even doing nothing and just lying down beside each other, too engross with their phones or books to even realise that they were closer together each minute. The feelings were there. She acknowledges it. She knows Dami sense it too. She can see it in her eyes. She can detect it in her acts around her. She can feel it in her words. It’s mutual. But somehow both of them silently agreed to ignore the burning touch, piercing eyes, intimate hugs, and flirty jokes that sometimes just came out as a blatantly truth. They were afraid of the future. They were scared of the present if they accept it. Things would change. They have experienced changes, too many times. They just couldn’t imagine the type of changes that would happen if it comes to it. Could they even handle it? This is a very different situation from the past they shared. This time it involves two hearts and lots of feelings. Mostly repressed and concealed. What should I do? Give me a sign Dami. Or just…come here and talk to me.

 

I’m about to go crazy Kim Yoohyeon. Just what the hell did you do to my poor heart? You can’t just step into my boundary and give me hope like that. Not when we both can’t commit to it. You knew what I want. And you knew we can’t always have it.

Dami was not one to catch feelings easily. She never was. Not until she met Yoohyeon. That girl is everything Dami wasn’t. Bright energy, cheerful puppy, adorably clumsy, and too many loves to spread around. She admired her hard work and relentless effort to improve herself in every aspect even learning new things at the side. Before she even realise, she already fall for her. Harder each day she tried to deny it. Dami always knows what to do. She always made the best decision in every situation. But right now, she’s completely clueless. She knows what her heart want. She just doesn’t know if it best to act on it.

Everyone in the dormitory can see that the two best friend trying very hard to avoid each other. For the whole day, they lock themselves in their respective rooms. Only shows up for lunch and dinner. Even then, they force their selves from sparing any glance to each other. The tension was high. Almost like they were in a war, except they wasn’t. They never really fight with each other during the journey to their shared dream since they met years ago. They were a few misunderstanding, but it was resolve quickly because Dami doesn’t like to prolong things further. Looking at the heavy atmosphere just because they were in denial of their feelings, the members preferred they fight with each other instead. At least there will be verbal conversation thrown at each other. Now they were just silently conversing to ignore each other.

 

Dami couldn’t say that she was shock to find Yoohyeon at the door of her room that night. It was to be expected. They were bound to talk about it anyway. She just never thought that Yoohyeon will be the one to search for her first.

“Let’s talk.” Dami nods at Yoohyeon’s troubled face and leads her to the bed. Silence fills the room for a few minutes. None of them has spoken. Although the situation is kind of awkward, somehow being together like this just feels right. Words were never needed for them to feel serene and safe beside each other.

“I want to kiss you.” What the…very direct aren’t you. Dami was stunned by Yoohyeon’s sudden confession.

“I want to kiss you, touch you, hug you, stare at you shamelessly, and hold your hand freely. I want to bother you to play games with me. I want you to annoy me and laugh cutely. I want to steal your blanket at night just for you to cuddle closer to me. I want to sing lots of song with you and dedicate my sincere heart for you. I want to share my life with you forever.” Love and fondness just oozes out from Yoohyeon’s eyes while she’s confessing her feelings to her soul mate. Stares never waver. Dami’s eyes started to feel hot with unshed tears. For someone who has a lot of thoughts and only chosen the right words to speak, Dami was rendered speechless. So instead, she gently cups Yoohyeon’s face and kisses her lips. She poured all her raw feelings into that kiss. It only took Yoohyeon seconds to reciprocate the kiss. She matches Dami’s fierceness with equal intensity. They were lots of buried feelings and burning desire finally being release. By the time they finally separated, they have the same expression. Cheeks flush with eyes blown widely. Lips swollen and shy smiles carve in their face.

“I love you.” Yoohyeon turns to get teary eyes with Dami heartfelt confession after basically making out with her. This girl will be the death of me.

“God…I just gave you a long speech and your words that got to my heart.” Dami smiles sweetly when Yoohyeon cups her soft cheek and caress it lovingly.

“I like to get straight to the point. Only this time straight to your heart.”

“I love you too. Too much. So much more than I could express.” They were hugging tightly while Yoohyeon leans on Dami’s shoulder, whispering words of love on her neck then continue to leave a kiss there after it.

“How did I got so lucky catching heart of a great girl like you? I couldn’t wait to annoy you for the rest of our lives.” Dami intertwines their fingers together and gives a kiss back on her knuckle.

“Hey…”

“But I also couldn’t wait to shower you with love and compliment every single day.” A soft peck on Yoohyeon’s right cheek following her words.

“Sometimes, you’re just too sweet for your own good love. I just want to lock you in our house in the future. Having a sweet talker like you roaming around will not be good to others heart and my own jealousy.” Dami just chuckled fondly at her lover.

“You’re already got me locked in your heart. So you have no reason to be jealous.”

“You’re my soul and I’m your mate.”

“Did you just make that up?”

“I’m just stating my claim on you and tell you what you mean to me. Without you I couldn’t function because you’re my soul.”

“And there’s nobody could make me happy because you’re my fated mate.” A few more kisses shared between the two lovers.

“Let’s not worry about the future and just live in the present. Because truthfully, with everything around us continuously changing, one thing that’s constant is our hearts and love for one another.” Yoohyeon kiss Dami’s lips as a silent agreement to her statement.

“I love you too much.” Yoohyeon whispers on her lips.

“I love you so much more.” And Dami kiss her again.