love.

i don't know what love is.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

huang renjun has always been curious of the whats and hows of the world. from the fauna and flora men identified, to the unbeknownst mystical wonders of the universe. as much as he already collected so many answers, he always seeks for more; and today is not an exception. you rarely had any conclusion from the little alien debate you had with him yesterday and yet he is here again on your doorstep with his very own way of good morning to you. 

 

“i thought of something!” he made his way past you and sat comfortably on your couch. you looked at him unfazed and heaved a comical sigh.

“renjun-ah, please! it’s just 9 in the morning! i didn’t have any breakfast yet, i woke up to a series of doorbell rings and then here you are starting another episode of your musings.” you plopped down beside him and closed your eyes with your head facing the ceiling.

“but i brought breakfast?” you heard a ruffle of what seems to be paper wrappers and some plastics until you smelled coffee and your eyes immediately opened its way to the light.

“is that coffee???” you asked, half-hoping that your excitement over the whiff of coffee didn’t show in those three words.

“and doughnuts!” he spoke in a singsong. 

“okay, i’m all ears. what is it today, good sire? is it how the sweetness of doughnuts complements the bitterness of coffee and why they are the best pair ever or is it about the fickleness of human beings in front of food?” you blabbered before taking a bite off the sugar-glazed doughnut while looking at him mixing the hot beverages. 

“about love.” you almost choked but it felt like he saw it coming and passed you the coffee with his teasing. 

“blow on it still before drinking or you might burn your careless tongue~” he got up and went to get some water and placed it on the table before you.

“are you freakin’ serious???” you blurted out with so much disbelief after surviving your almost-unwanted death. 

“y/n, look at me. do i look like i am joking?” you looked at him as he pointed himself with no trace of joke on his face. you almost wanted to laugh at how cute he looked in his yellow hoodie and round-rimmed glasses with his tiny finger pointing at his face, but you just can’t. 

“well, we can’t talk about that so pass!” you tried to hide your expressions by drinking coffee and not looking at him in the eye. this is the day you have been dreading of: when renjun decides to talk about love.

“and why is that???” he is baffled. how can’t he be when you have always accepted every topic he brings to the table without much of a protest no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter