final

gay little chaewon
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

tw / cursing

 

--

 

Having a companion, buddy and a reason to live for feels quite adequate, don’t you think? Well, Kim Chaewon agrees in all aspects. There had been a certain girl sticking around her for almost a decade now and, well, they have turned out to be the best buddies.

Imagine, going to the same school for a decade and been with each other 24/7, don’t you think you would never have the greatest bond people could see?

Sleepovers, study sessions (well, not really, considering they would end up watching movies together), going to little trips together or even with each other’s families, and even being happy that they would eventually have their lovers.

Chaewon never really meddles with situations like Minju having small crushes and infatuations. In fact, she’s genuinely happy for her best friend.

When in times of heartbreaks, Chaewon is there to comfort her and reassure everything has reasons to why such things happen.

But Minju never realizes Chaewon never had dated anyone (or Chaewon thinks she doesn’t) and never been into heartbreaks (maybe) and just stuck by her side.

Wherein the cub never liked anyone.

Anyone other than Kim Minju.

These growing feelings of Chaewon never got the chance to be expressed, not even once. Never. She wants them to stay like that until even the end of time.

Chaewon even winces at the thought of being coward. She ponders.

Many had also misunderstood their relationship, thinking that they’re lovers.

Chaewon hopes, but the latter would just clarify everyone everything between them is completely platonic.

But maybe, if Minju would feel something for her.

 

Maybe, even a little.

 

Just maybe.

  

--

 

Just another fine day at school, most of the students were relieved thinking that lunch time has already come, including Chaewon.

The entire time of the class, the cub was just seated at the side of the class but was mentally out of nowhere. She slowly scurries away from her classroom and proceeds towards Minju’s.

She had been doing this ever since, waiting for her best friend to appear right in front of the door of the classroom.

Patiently waiting at the side of the hallways, there came rowdy noises. Chaewon is already aware of who’s approaching.

“Ssam!” The cub just nonchalantly nods at the call, “What’s up,”

Choi Yena, another student from their batch, was causing the unnecessary noise. Chaewon had already guessed Yena has always been like this ever since.

They were friends, alongside with Ahn Yujin, the varsity team player, and despite Yujin is a year younger from them, they were still friends.

Chaewon has friends around the school and even in different year levels but she had been always sticking near Minju since day 1.

Yujin stood beside the cub, “You know unnie, there’s a girl in Yena-unnie’s class and I think her name’s Jo Yuri. Hit her up,” The younger started showing her pictures of a banged-short haired girl.

“Hey, hey!” Yena, looking a little annoyed, seized the phone out of Yujin’s reach, “Not her, you idiot!” Chaewon chuckles along with the younger.

“Or you could hang out with Jang Wonyoung instead. You know? Yujin’s classmate.” The duck glances towards Yujin’s position, who was now awkwardly standing beside Chaewon, and wiggles her eyebrows.

The cub just heaves a sigh, “You idiots better be get going. And again, I don’t have time on—”

Her words were cut off when the two of them suddenly dashed away from her position and Yena began exclaiming, “Just check her pictures, I will send them to you!” And disappeared right in front of Chaewon’s eyes.

The cub searched for a reason for them to dash out like that. Seeing their basketball coach from afar, which suddenly reminds her of them skipping their daily basketball training yesterday. Chaewon giggles.

As she glanced back to Minju’s classroom, there she crossed glances with the girl. Chaewon shoots a warm smile and slowly approached the girl’s position.

The cub feels weird. Minju isn’t normally like this.

Blank look on her face, crossed arms, and a brow quirked upward. Normally, whenever Minju approaches her on other days, she would proceed to talk about her day and everything much positive (which Chaewon likes about her, by the way).

The cub ponders, “How’s your day, Mi-“

“Jang Wonyoung? Jo Yuri? What about them?” The latter suddenly shoots a question which made Chaewon’s smile falter.

The questionable look on Chaewon’s face, “Uh, I don’t know..?” She stutters. The cub swears she could shiver even when it’s quite hot these days.

Minju quietly eyed her best friend, “Ah, I see. You don’t know.” She squints her eyes. The fox never acted towards Chaewon like this which both really ponder about.

The short-haired girl nods truthfully, “It’s just Yena and Yujin pestering me again about dating which I have exactly zero interest about,” She trails off,

The taller was slightly taken aback of the sudden confession, too sudden for her liking. Minju thinks. She really didn’t realize that Chaewon has no experience in dating.

Minju also thought about her best friend dating that Jang Wonyoung or even that Jo Yuri. Now, it came to her mind, she loathes the thought.

Chaewon never left her side, she even rejected people who are confessing their love to her and she just reasons them out I’m sorry I have no interest in dating and that could be Chaewon’s potential lover.

But no, the cub also never got interested with others. It’s been Kim Minju all along and will be forever.

A coward, the cub knows that. Pretty well.

The long-haired girl quietly scoffs, “That Jang Wonyoung sure is super pretty for you,” Well, it wasn’t a lie. That sophomore it-girl had been sometimes the talk around the school with how pretty she looks every ing time.   

Her exterior looks intimidated the hell out of people but I swear, she’s the sweetest girl (as Yujin would preferably describes). Could be perfect for the Great Kim Chaewon, Minju ponders.

“Or even that Jo Yuri.” The taller now rolls her eyes without getting noticed by the other girl, “Yeah. They’re pretty and nice. Got to talk to them for like once or twice, I think?” Chaewon replies.

Even this Jo Yuri once was also the talk around of the campus. Dealing with that euphonious voice of hers, she could be a lot more popular than you think.

Whenever she performs on events or competitions in school, Jo Yuri surely is quite popular with the students here. Now, Minju thought all of that, she’s envies them.

“They’re nice,” the fox deadpans, “Go date them.” Minju didn’t mean to sound like a jealous girlfriend, or perhaps she is? This alarmed Chaewon.

The cub scoffs, “I don’t want to date anyone. Even them,” She coolly her own hands inside of her pockets and locked gazes with the long-haired girl, “I just want to stick with you.” Chaewon cutely winks as she slowly walks off.

Blood quickly rushes towards Minju’s cheeks, making them red as ever, and that entirely made her mentally breakdown in the middle of the hallways.

 

What the .

 

Minju immediately thought. Why is she making me blush just now? Right, they have been together for so long and that’s a first.

Ugh. Stupid Chaewon and her cute winks! Gosh. The fox was entirely a blushing mess but thankfully, without getting noticed by the people around her, she just shrugs off the feeling and quickly approaches to Chaewon’s steps.

 

--

 

A little later that day, the sun has set and night time comes. It wasn’t still totally pitch black, that answers why Chaewon is still in Minju’s abode.

They weren’t doing anything academically related, which relieves the short-haired girl.

Squatted down on the floor, Chaewon was found playing on a playstation console (that was owned by Minju’s brother) and the latter was found lying down on Chaewon’s lap, also doing business on her phone.

This was just a pretty normal set-up for the both of them. They just hang out for some time in a week and both doing fine without even talking with each other.

The cub was totally engrossed on the game as she didn’t even notice her phone went off, indicating that she had received a message.

Minju set her phone aside, obviously she got bored doing business with her phone, and she shot a glance towards the latter’s phone.

 

‘Annoying Duck don’t reply’ sent a photo.

 

The phone was lit up the whole time so the fox picked it up, quickly securing a permission from her best friend, “I’m using your phone, Chae,” Then she unlocked the phone.

Chaewon didn’t have enough attention away from the game so she nods that had relieved the taller. 

Minju dragged her index finger on to the recent notification, thinking probably from Yena, and their messages starts appearing on the screen.

She sees a selfie of the underclassman, yes, the Jang Wonyoung, sent by Yena herself. Then the phone goes off again, receiving another message from Chaewon’s friend.

 

She’s cute in this selca ^^ don’t ing waste time, Ssam.                                                                             Read 6:01 PM

 

The phone receives a message from Yena again. Minju glanced on the latter’s position whom was still on the same position as minutes earlier and eyes are still directed on the screen.

 

Btw, here’s her number

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter