You're My Type

You're My Type
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Seulgi woke up to a soft bark that echoed through the room followed by a sudden weight on her chest and the sloppy feeling on her face. She groaned as she fluttered her eyes open and realized that Haetnim was her face. She smiled and greeted the little white maltese who was wagging her tail in anticipation, "Good morning, Haetnim." She her fur and spoke again, "Shall I take you out for a walk?" Haetnim barked and jumped down to the floor wagging her tail, she looked up to Seulgi who was still sitting on her bed. "I'll just get ready, okay?" Seulgi patted the dog's head. Stretching her arms, she noticed the bed that was already empty across hers, spared a glance at the digital clock on the small wooden table beside her bed that read 6:54 AM, and thought, "Seungwan is probably in her 7AM classes already."

 

The orange sun rays were igniting their cream colored room through the half-opened blinds. "It's such a good day today," Seulgi said, finally getting up from her bed, stretching her arms upward and sideways while facing the window.

 

It is another monday and it meant no morning classes for her. Seulgi was in her senior year as a fine arts student together with her best friend, Seungwan who was a music student. They have been sharing this room in the university dormitory since they were in their freshman year. While Sooyoung, the owner of Haetnim, was a second year veterinary medicine student who lives in the unit next to theirs. Seulgi looked at Haetnim and the memory of how the three of them first met played in her mind.

 

It was the last day of summer vacation before the semester started. Seulgi and Seungwan had just gone back to the dorm after buying their necessities for the incoming week and the start of another term. There were new faces as they walked the hallways of the dormitory, some were probably looking for their respective rooms. They finally reached their room and Seungwan had just punched their pin, unlocking their door. They entered and just when Seulgi was about to close their door, a high-pitched voice that screamed, "Haetnim!" echoed through the dormitory and a small white maltese barged into their room followed by a tall girl who was probably its owner.

 

Both stunned, Seulgi and Seungwan watched the girl in amusement as she reached for the dog that hid under one of the beds. The said girl had finally retrieved the dog after a few moments of calling its name. She carried the dog securely in her arms and realized what just happened.

 

She turned to face the two unknown girls and apologized, "Oh my gosh! I'm really sorry! I didn't mean to barge into your room!" She bowed a multiple times until Seungwan stopped her and smiled.

 

"It's alright! No worries and please stop bowing. I'm not a god or something," Seungwan chuckled. "I guess you're just new here. I haven't seen you before."

 

"Ah yes, I'm a first year student! I'm staying in the room next to yours. I'm Park Sooyoung and this is Haetnim by the way. I'm really sorry once again," Sooyoung said, still carrying Haetnim in one of her arms, she offered one of her hands.

 

"I'm Son Seungwan and this is Kang Seulgi," Seungwan introduced and shook her hand. "We're both third years."

 

"Oh my... You guys are my seniors... This is really embarrassing. I'm sorry," Sooyoung apologized again.

 

"Please. It's alright and it was unintentional. There's nothing to worry about," Seulgi reassured and rubbed Sooyoung's shoulder.

 

Sooyoung smiled and remembered that she was still in the process of organizing her things.

 

"I guess I'll be going back to my room now. It's nice to meet you guys! And sorry once again," Sooyoung said and slowly made her way out of the room.

 

"It's nice to meet you too! Good luck on your first day tomorrow! You can visit us anytime here," Seulgi giggled.

 

"Thank you! I'll definitely visit again soon," Sooyoung chuckled and waved goodbye as she returned to her room.

 

A smile crept upon her face. "Time flies so fast," Seulgi said to herself.

 

Sooyoung leaves Haetnim to her since she does not have morning classes every monday and Seulgi takes her out to join her for her usual morning jog.

 

After changing into a dri-fit shirt and running shorts, Seulgi slipped her training shoes on and tied up her hair into a high ponytail. She grabbed Haetnim's leash and the little maltese was overly excited as she was the one who pulled Seulgi out of the room.

 

The weather was fine and the trees around their campus made it more perfect as it casted shadows along the pavements of the school premises.

 

Plugging her earphones, Seulgi attached her phone on her arm band and started jogging with Haetnim playfully walking along beside her. After a few minutes of jogging, Seulgi noticed that one of her shoelaces was untied. She slowed her pace down before coming to a full stop for Haetnim to follow. She bent down and did her shoelace but then the leash slid off her arm and before she could grab a hold of it, Haetnim was already away from her. She realized that Haetnim was after a woman in a business suit who was quietly walking and seemed to be busy with her phone.

 

"Haetnim, wait!" Seulgi yelled and had finished tying her shoelace before she ran to chase the maltese.

 

The woman looked up from her phone because of the sudden yell that she heard and immediately panicked when she saw the maltese running towards her, accidentally scratching herself in the process. The maltese jumped to her, making her fall to the ground and started her arm. Trembling, she hugged herself and tears started to form in her eyes.

 

Seulgi finally came into the rescue and immediately approached the woman.

 

"Uhm...Hey, are you alright?" Seulgi soothed as she bent down to the level of the woman and rubbed her shoulder. She heard sniffles and felt arms around her neck.

 

"Please put that away," the woman pleaded and pointed at Haetnim.

 

"Oh, alright. Okay," Seulgi said and called for the little dog's attention. "Haetnim, come here."

 

The maltese obeyed and Seulgi immediately held the leash. The woman slowly let go of her hold from Seulgi, stood up, and regained herself.

 

"I'm sorry for causing you trouble," Seulgi apologized and bowed. "By the way, are you a student here?"

 

Seulgi got a better look on the woman in front of her. She has pale white skin, jet black hair that falls on the side of her neck, and a petite figure. "Beautiful," Seulgi thought to herself.

 

"No, I just dropped my sister here. I'm on my way to work," the woman said as she dusted her attire.

 

"Oh, I see... I'm really sorry about what happened," Seulgi apologized again and noticed that the woman had few scratches.

 

"It's okay. Well, if you really are then, treat me to some tteokbokki," the woman replied.

 

Seulgi was surprised at the woman's response and giggled, "Seriously?"

 

"Yeah. Do you think I was joking? If you don't want to, I guess I'll just sue you then. Your dog almost bit me," the woman countered.

 

"No, please don't! I'm just really concerned because you got some scratches and I'm wondering if I should take you to the infirmary first," Seulgi honestly answered.

 

The woman was taken aback by the response. "Uh, N-no need. I'll be fine," she stuttered.

 

"You sure?" Seulgi asked, concerned.

 

"Yes, I'm sure," the woman reassured.

 

"But stores are still close at this hour," Seulgi said.

 

"Oh right...," the woman trailed off. "Then just take me out on a date. When are you free?"

 

"What?" Seulgi was stunned.

 

"Take me out on a date," the woman repeated.

 

"You want me to take you out on a date?" Seulgi responded, still surprised.

 

"Yeah, why not? Well, you're cute," the woman simply said and shrugged.

 

Seulgi choked and felt her blood rush to her cheeks. "I-I don't even know you," she stuttered.

 

"That's why take me out on a date to get to know me better," the woman retorted. "And it's Joohyun."

 

"What?" Seulgi was again stunned by how the woman responded to her.

 

"Joohyun. My name is Joohyun," Joohyun said to make it clear.

 

"I'm Seulgi," Seulgi introduced herself.

 

"Well Seulgi, what do you say about it then?"

Joohyun asked.

 

"About what?" Seulgi responded, still slow as ever.

 

"Take me out on a date or I'll sue you for being an irresponsible dog owner," Joohyun answered.

 

"Ugh fine. Where do you want me to take you then?" Seulgi posed.

 

"I don't know. Surprise me," Joohyun shrugged.

 

Seulgi thought about it and finally she came up with an idea. "Meet me here on friday at 6PM. Just wear something casual," she said.

 

"Alright. I guess I'll be going now," Joohyun agreed. "How about you? Aren't you late for your classes yet?"

 

"I don't have morning classes today," Seulgi simply answered.

 

"I see... then what's your plan after this?" Joohyun wondered.

 

"I'm gonna continue my jog," Seulgi chuckled.

 

"Wow, you're so athletic. No wonder why you're in good shape," Joohyun said as she scanned Seulgi's body.

 

Seulgi blushed and asked herself, "Did she just check me out?"

 

"Well, I'm leaving now. I guess I'll see you when I see you? It was nice to meet you and please keep an eye on your dog next time. I'm looking forward to our date this friday," Joohyun giggled and winked before she started walking away.

 

"Okay! Nice to meet you too and have a great day!" Seulgi exclaimed and waved her hand even if Joohyun was already facing the other side.



 

---



 

Seulgi went to the cafeteria to have her lunch with Seungwan, Sooyoung, and Yerim, a first year music student. She immediately spotted them already eating their lunch on their usual table and went to sit beside them.

 

"Sup, Seulgi-unnie?" Sooyoung greeted.

 

"You now what? Haetnim chased someone while I was busy tying my shoelace when I took her out a while ago," Seulgi recalled.

 

"And then what happened next?" Sooyoung asked, amused.

 

"The woman panicked and she accidentally scratched herself so, I approached her immediately and told me to put Haetnim away from her," Seulgi continued.

 

"Maybe she's afraid of dogs," Seungwan said.

 

"Yeah, seems like it," Seulgi agreed. "Then, I apologized to her and offered to bring her to infirmary but she said that she would be fine and asked me to treat her tteokbokki instead."

 

"Was she really okay?" Yerim commented sarcastically.

 

"I was surprised too," Seulgi giggled. "And I told her that the stores were still close that time so I thought that she would just forget about it but then..."

 

"But then?" Seungwan anticipated.

 

"She asked me to take her out on a date on another day instead and I agreed. I told her to meet me this friday," Seulgi finished.

 

"What!?" Surprised, the other three responded in chorus.

 

"Because she said that she would sue me if I would not take her out on a date!" Seulgi honestly answered.

 

"Will you really show up?" Seungwan asked.

 

"Yeah, I really feel bad because she cried when Haetnim jumped to her and it's just a date plus she's actually pretty...," Seulgi trailed off, smiling as she pictured Joohyun in her head. "I've got nothing to lose."

 

"I can't believe that I'm hearing this from you," Seungwan said as if she was facepalming internally.

 

"You should thank Haetnim for chasing that woman," Sooyoung chuckled.

 

"Just don't expect us to give information to the police if you ever got murdered or kidnapped because of that date," Yerim joked and high-fived with Sooyoung as they laughed together.



 

---



 

After her classes in the afternoon, Seulgi proceeds to the library with Jimin to study for their upcoming test together. Jimin was her close friend and a fellow fine arts student. They've been good friends since their freshman year and it became their habit to always study together.

 

They went to their usual spot and sat together with their thick art history book.

 

"Hey Seulgi, have you already thought of what you will paint for our exhibition project for our finals?" Jimin wondered.

 

"Hmmm... Not yet," Seulgi replied, looking up from her book to look at Jimin. "What about you?"

 

"Well, I already have a few ideas and I am still thinking what kind of painting I should do," Jimin answered. "I'm kinda worried because it's only two months away.

 

"Oh, shoot! You're right!" Seulgi exclaimed when she realized the date. "Woah, time flies so fast! We're graduating soon!"

 

"Yes! Let's do well!" Jimin encouraged and smiled as he saw Seulgi's smile that reached her eyes.



 

---



 

Friday has finally arrived and tons of more requirements were given since finals were fastly approaching. Seulgi could only sigh. She still did not have any idea on what to paint for their exhibit. Lying in her bed, she looked at the digital clock beside her bed that read 5:13 PM.

 

"Are you gonna ditch your date?" Seungwan asked who just got out from their bathroom.

 

"No, why would you think that?" Seulgi responded, still lying on her bed.

 

"Cause you're not even preparing yet and it's already 5:14 PM," Seungwan answered as she glanced at the wrist watch she was wearing. "By the way, I'm leaving now."

 

"Where are you going?" Seulgi innocently asked.

 

"Sooyoung and Yerim invited me to the Karaoke with them since you have a date," Seungwan said and walked to the door.

 

"Oh, right. Take care and have fun!" Seulgi exclaimed and waved her hand.

 

"Thanks, you too. Get your up! Bye!" Seungwan said and closed the door shut, leaving Seulgi alone in their shared room.

 

Seulgi finally got up from her bed and went to the bathroom for a quick shower. Wearing a turtleneck sweater, a pair of jeans, and white sneakers, she grabbed a trench coat and the tote bag which contained a picnic mat before going outside to their meeting place.

 

Seulgi checked her phone when she reached the place and saw that it was exactly 6PM but Joohyun was not there yet. Her phone buzzed, receiving a notification from their group chat with Seungwan, Sooyoung, and Yerim.

 

Yerim: Wish you were here Seulgi-unnie!

Sooyoung: Sent a video.

Sooyoung: Sent a video.

Sooyoung: Seungwan-unnie looks like a squirrel! HAHAHAHAHA

Yerim: Omo you're right! LOL!

Seungwan: ...

 

Seulgi was busy watching the video when she felt someone s an arm around her neck and whispered, "Seulgi-ssi," causing her to jump out of her skin.

 

"Oh gosh, you scared me," Seulgi gasped, realizing that it was Joohyun.

 

Joohyun was wearing a beige knitted sweater and a pair of black jeans.

 

"Sorry," Joohyun giggled which Seulgi found cute.

 

"It's alright. Are you ready to go?" Seulgi asked. "And how about your sister?"

 

"Yeah. Well, she said she's going out with her friends tonight," Joohyun answered.

 

"Alright. Let's go!" Seulgi exclaimed and grabbed Joohyun's wrist.



 

---



 

They have arrived at the night market after taking the subway. The sun was setting and the breeze was gently swirling by. They walked down the crowded streets filled with shops, restaurants, and food trucks. The different aroma of street foods mixed with the air that was getting colder and colder by each second as the night crept in. Still walking side by side, Joohyun held Seulgi's hand that was bigger than hers. Seulgi shivered at the contact and felt the warmth of Joohyun's small hand that fit perfectly in her own as if it was meant to be. Her heart started beating faster than usual when Joohyun clung closer to her and felt the familiar scent of lavender engulfing her senses as they walked. She glanced at Joohyun and soon found herself staring openly, unfocused on where they already were. When Joohyun looked at her, she swore she felt electricity run through her body. Immediately looking away, her eyes wandered restlessly over the stores around them.

 

"I know it's somewhere here," Seulgi said as an excuse, confusing Joohyun.

 

"What's somewhere here?" Joohyun asked.

 

"Found it! It's the store that sells the best tteokbokki here!" Seulgi yelled in excitement and pulled Joohyun along with her.

 

They bought a variety of foods like fish cake, dumplings, ramen, donuts that they ate as they wandered through the night market and ended their walk as they settled on the picnic mat that Seulgi brought by the river while sipping on their banana milk. Seulgi glanced at her wrist watch and excla

Please log in to read the full chapter