RUOF

The Good in Eternity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I-i can't find her. The wolves don't have her."

 

Wonyoung watched Yujin who just arrived, hands covered with thick blood and the hues that once belongs in her eyes are now missing and dead. This sight of the hybrid is new for Wonyoung to see, she even lost track of the rumors she heard on how many covens did Yujin burn and werewolf packs that she massacred in the past few weeks.

 

The hybrid is getting out of control..

 

Yujin on the other hand doesn't even notice the vampire's presence for having her mind being occupied by something else. 

 

"I think it's the vampires that got her.." Yujin said her thoughts out loud, biting her nails and keeps pacing back and forth. She then opened the door. "I need to see for myself." She said. 

 

"Stop."

 

The hybrid froze and turn to Wonyoung's direction, leaning on the wall at the corner. "I didn't noticed you're here Wonyoung-ah." Yujin said and the latter stepped out of the dark. "I thought you're somewhere.. far away from me. Like the other side of the globe i assumed." She added, trying to give a warm welcome to her old friend whom she haven't seen for years but smiling seems a hard thing to do right now. All she can give is those tired and weary eyes.

 

"I was at New York enjoying the city but then i have to board a ship just to come back here since I've heard some rumors going around, about a certain crossbreed." Wonyoung said and making Yujin avoid her stares. "What exactly are you doing?" She asked.

 

There's no point lying in front of Wonyoung since they both knew each other so well so much that trying to deceive the other is just wasting their time. "I'm looking for someone.." Yujin said.

 

"That's not what i heard though." The taller girl said, went to the side and grabbed a clean cloth and dipped it on the water. "You've been burning witches, slaughtering werewolves and ripping vampire's hearts around the country." Wonyoung went closer to the other girl and slowly wiping the blood from her face.

 

For some reasons, feeling this kind gestures from others again opened some feelings inside her that she never felt for quite some time, warmth. Minjoo's disappearance left her existence cold as dead. 

 

"Since when did looking for someone becomes this brutal?" Wonyoung added, focusing on the latter's cheek while removing the blood stains but she noticed how Yujin bit her lower lip and when she steps back just to check on her friend as a whole she saw those eyes, which are dead just a while ago, are now slowly being filled with tears. "Y-yujin unnie.." The vampire carefully called. 

 

"Wonyoung-ah.." The moment Yujin uttered a word her tears started racing out of her eyes and her breathing becoming unstable because of crying. "She's missing Wonyoung-ah.." She said in between her sobs. 

 

"She?" The latter asked but then slowly the hybrid's situation is becoming clearer in the vampire's perspective. All this mess, all of this gruesome death.. Yujin isn't the type who could do these things but knowing the cause of it makes everything made sense. "Minjoo.." 

 

It wasn't her intention to say that name bitterly but.. Practically, Minjoo was the reason why she left the country in the first place. Someone took her place from Yujin's life. This certain human did a better role in making Yujin happy and content, until she was pushed out of the frame and leaving was the only choice she had to save herself from hurting furthermore. 

 

"I can't find her and it's driving me insane. I said i will protect her, whatever it takes but i failed, i lost her and she's not beside me anymore." Yujin continued crying. "Help me Wonyoung. Please help me find her.." She begged. 

 

Wonyoung tried calming her friend, brushing the hair that's on the hybrid's face on the side. She then show her her sweetest smile, bending a little to meet the latter's eyes.

 

"We'll find her so stop crying okay?" She said like talking to a kid. "If we have to burn all the witches down, hunt all the werewolves and chase all the vampires then let's do it." She added. 

 

Hearing these coming out from Wonyoung's mouth made Yujin doubt her for a bit, Wonyoung may be an original vampire but she never used her strength in anything bloody or ugly ways. She's always have been the classy one, just a girl living a princess life. 

 

Wonyoung let out a little laugh seeing that kind of reaction from Yujin. 

 

"Saying those brutal words doesn't exactly fit a girl like me huh?" She said and laughed. "But just like i told you since years ago. I'm with you on every and whatever journey you take, i am with you.. always and forever." Wonyoung reminded. 

 

Yujin laughed and hugged the vampire, feeling a great gratitude towards her and said something that wounded the latter's heart by reminding her of what's the reality. 

 

"I just don't know what to do with an eternity without her. I need her."

 

--

 

"Wonyoung.. Hey vamp.."

 

"Huh?" Wonyoung came back to her senses when she felt a slight tap on her shoulders. She turned around and saw Yuri holding a rope while Hyewon preparing a chair in the middle of the living room. "What is this?" She asked.

 

"In case she runs again." The witch answered.

 

"Just like what she did last time." The werewolf reminded.

 

The vampire's eyebrow creased and frowned, she took the rope and dragged the chair back to the dining area. "Nobody's tying someone in a chair for goodness sake." She said and rolled her eyes at her friend's silly antics. "I'm sure you've noticed it too, she's acting different."

 

"Yeah, i pretty sure the hybrid compelled her to cling on her like that." Yuri accused and as soon as she said that Yujin entered the living room.

 

"I didn't~" She denied. "Why would i even do that?" She asked raising her brow. 

 

Wonyoung saw how Yujin's mood is a little bit better than how she was in her room earlier.

 

"There's a million reasons why you would do that."

 

"Oh yeah? Like what?" The hybrid challenging the short haired girl, once again showing a playful smile to add some impact on annoying the little witch.

 

Yuri glanced at Hyewon and the latter just nod.

 

"First, she's hella pretty!"
"Yes."
"Second, she's smart."
"Uh huh~"
"Next, she's gorgeous!"
"Same as the first one but.. Yes!"

 

Yuri started stating all Minjoo's characteristic proudly and she have Hyewon agreeing with her.

 

"She's such an angel."
"Can't even kill an ant.."
"Our Minjoo is hardworking!"
"Even had nosebleeds because of studying too much.."
"She's our pride and joy!"
"Our precious Minguri~"

 

"There's actually a lot more but I'll stop there since i don't want to take your whole year by listing all Minjoo's charms." Yuri said, still glaring at the hybrid.

 

Yujin went to the single couch at the corner and crossed her legs. "Oh i don't mind, i have all the time in this world anyway so please continue." She said with a smirk, still not done with challenging Yuri. 

 

The witch was taken aback and also dumbfounded, she's not stopping there because she ran out of things to compliment her friend.. Trust her, the author can write a thousand words essay just for Minjoo but we just don't want to take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter