prologue: fire

smolder
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
SMOLDER

 

 

 

Minjoo’s eyes stayed still, watching the scene in front of her with a very horrified expression, her fists trembling and burning but she paid no mind to that. Her ears are ringing because of the panicked screaming around, her feet remain rooted on her spot.


 

People are running around, stumbling and bumping with one another, trying to save themselves— trying to go away as far as they could from that place while shrieking, obviously horrified at the sudden situation that happened prior just a few minutes ago.


 

The young woman remained still on her spot, gulping down as her gaze lingered at the burning building in front of her as people passed through her, not bothering to halt and ask her why isn’t she running? Or grab her arm and drag her away from this crumbling place.


 

Fire.


 

The flames are engulfing the whole building in front of her and Minjoo just watches it burn— watch the fire eat everything up, and turn the whole place into ashes gradually, broken and destroyed parts slowly falling down to the ground and making loud noises that could be heard kilometers away.


 

Her ears rang again, and she could only hear buzzing noises to the point she winced because of discomfort and pain yet she still remained unmoving from her spot. Honey coloured eyes glued to the horrifying scene in front of her but even though, she can’t bring herself to run away. Go away, escape from this dangerous place.


 

This isn’t the first time Minjoo witnessed something burning, a place getting engulfed by huge orange flames and turning it into ashes, into pieces of grains and black to the point it couldn’t be recognized anymore, into something useless.

 


An explosion made her snap back in reality, and another round of loud screams and shouts could be heard afterwards. Minjoo gulped, finally moving as she took a step backward— her mind started to run with negative thoughts as she desperately and hopelessly stared at the burning building, looking unrecognizable because of the fire.


 

“I did this,” Minjoo whispered to herself as she slowly walked backwards, trying to escape, trying to run away but yet… she watched the mess, the chaos, the enormous damage she made to this wonderful place.


 

A gust of wind passed by, and Minjoo could feel herself shivering. Slowly, with her own two eyes, she saw how the huge intimidating orange flames started to shrink and fade, vanishing away within seconds. Before the flames went out entirely, Minjoo saw how the flames that embraced and burned the poor building up went white and a second after that, no more— the gigantic fearsome fire extinguished almost completely, leaving a terrifying and irreparable damage.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter