For your happiness

For your happiness

I received a text from Joy

 

“Are you home? Are you okay now? Sorry I can’t stay for a long time, you know Yerim and I are busy with the preparation for our wedding”

 

“Yes, and good luck to you and Yerim” I replied to her message

 

I’m standing right in front of our house where youu used to wait for me but you aren’t here, as I enter the house you are there, you smiled at me but not the same smile u always do when u see me. I want to ask you, where did it go wrong? But I just can’t, I’m afraid to hear your answer.

 

“Hey, you’re home,” you said

 

“Yeah, did you eat?” I replied

 

“Yes” 

 

“Oh okay, I’ll guess I’ll just eat on my own”

 

“Okay, I’m sorry.”

 

I just smiled and went to the kitchen. We used to eat our dinner together, but I guess everything has changed. 

 

Right after I finished my dinner, I went straight to our room, and you’re talking to her on the phone, you excused yourself, after seeing me and I just smiled.

 

The morning came and no more breakfast in bed, no more morning kisses, and no more morning greetings, it saddens me but I think I need to accept it.

 

I went down to the kitchen and I saw you cooking, I hug you from the back, and you became tensed.

 

“Let’s stay like this for a while”

 

You look at me and hug me, I feel like this a goodbye, I should let you go, we’re both hurting each other, We need to let go.

 

“Hey, Hyun?” I broke the silence

 

“Hmmm?” 

 

“Do you love her?” I asked

 

You broke the hug and look me in the eyes

 

“Yes, I’m sorry, Seul, I swear I tried to stop my feelings for her.”

 

I knew the answer already, but it still breaks my heart into pieces.

 

“You should chase her, go, I’m letting you go, Joohyun. You deserve to be happy, and I can’t give it to you anymore, I’m not your happiness anymore. Go be with her, I’ll be fine as long as you’re happy” I replied

 

Last night, I heard your conversation with her, and you seemed so happy with her. I’m willing to let you go for your happiness. I won’t hold you back anymore. Be happy, Joohyun, even it hurts like hell.

 

“I’m sorry, Seul”

 

After that, you hug me for the last time, and you went outside as I watch you go with her, here I am crying my tears out. 

 

Be happy, Joohyun.