Prologue: Four Years Later

Ghosts of Our Past

It was a long day for Ma Sora albeit the pandemic. It’s already October and she’s reported back to work since May. The quarantine has forced her to work at home but there was still too much backlog to work on that she has dedicated most of her time to catching up with her to-do list.  Sora has been reading drafts, meeting partners, and preparing for upcoming events that she didn’t even notice that it was already past six in the evening. . It’s this late already? I was so engrossed with work that I didn’t notice the time again. Sora decided to call it a day, so she gathered her bearings and headed to the bus stop to get a ride home.

Sora got off at her stop and walked the rest of the way home, craning her neck while stretching her arms. I’d kill for a good back massage right now. And a hot long bath. Maybe I can squeeze in a massage appointment tomorrow at that spa parlor near the office.

Lost in her thoughts, Sora was oblivious of the tall figure waiting for her in the shadows. As soon as she got to her gate, the figure approached her and suddenly but gently grabbed her shoulder from the back, which gave her a scare.

Sora jumped back as she faced the stranger, clutching her bag as she squinted her eyes in the dark to see what startled her. The figure, who was clad in dark clothes and a cap, approached her cautiously. “Park… Park Chanyeol?” Sora asked in surprise as the light from the nearby streetlamp hit Chanyeol’s face. Chanyeol raised his cap a bit to show more of his handsome face, and gave her a small smile, clearly holding in a laugh.

“You still scare easily even after all these years,” he teased.