Halloween Switched

Magic Double Date Night: Halloween Edition 3.0
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi happy Halloween! And welcome to our latest installment in our beloved magic double date night series. I had a lot of fun while writing this, and I feel like you guys will really enjoy this too, it was so much fun. Happy Halloween from me to you :)






 

A hybrid werewolf-elf was trying to sleep, it had been a busy time at the movie studio for Kang Seulgi, as Halloween season meant tons of horror films that needed her final approval, or expertise, and the poor woman just needed to sleep for at least 48 hours. Only, someone wasn’t going to let her sleep, no sleep in the Kang house, as one succubus threw herself onto her sleeping wife and practically wailed so loud that it woke Seulgi up instantly.

 

“Hyun!” Seulgi shouted, monolid eyes wide in panic. “What’s wrong, what happened?”

 

“I’m sorry, were you sleeping…” Joohyun asks like she didn’t just see Seulgi knocked out cold and asleep. 

 

“No, Hyun, I was just resting my eyes.” The hybrid says in a deadpan voice.

 

“Oh, good, then you can help me because I’m this close to freaking the hell out.”

 

Seulgi sits up, worriedly. She can hear and see the panic in her other half’s voice. Joohyun could only be worried about one thing, and that’s the fact that this year she and Joohyun were switching holidays, and because of that they had to prove to the witch and vampire they could do Halloween just as well as they could. Seulgi grabs a hold of her hand and gently her succubus’ knuckles. 


“Oh no, Hyunnie. Don’t freak out, we got this.” Seulgi smiles in the way that always puts Joohyun at ease no matter what. 

 

“I want to believe you, baby. But this is sort of out of my element. I know nothing about Halloween. Joy and Yerim usually handle this sort of thing, and I don’t want to admit defeat so easily.”

 

“Oh, I know, honey. Boy do I know.” The hybrid sighs at how competitive her wife can be. If there’s one thing Joohyun can’t stand is losing or having to admit defeat. She once turned a friendly card game between them all on game night into the most intense game of cards Seulgi had ever experienced. It got so bad that Sooyoung and Yerim don’t even want to have card game night anymore, at least not in the magical realm where Joohyun can summon creatures from her realm easier. Joohyun sighs before throwing herself onto her wife.

 

“What are we going to do, baby? We’ll never live this down if we don’t completely wow Sooyoung and Yerim.”

 

Seulgi gently pats her back again. “Hey, it’ll be okay. I’m sure we can figure something out. We have…” Seulgi looks at the calendar on the wall that Joohyun put up specifically to keep track of how many days until Halloween. According to the bright red circle around the 31st, they had about two days until Halloween. There was no reason they couldn’t pull off a fantastic Halloween of their own creation. 

 

“Well, how hard could it be, huh. It’s only Halloween, we got this, Hyun. Now, let’s talk about possible things we could do. Starting with decorating the house in a way that even those two could love.”

 

The succubus smiles and nods. Suddenly feeling more encouraged by her other half. Seulgi was right, they did have this, and there was nothing the two of them couldn’t do together. The shorter blonde gently takes her cheeks into her hands and kisses her lips in a tender manner. She loved Kang Seulgi so very much, more than anything.

 

“You’re right, Seul. We do have this, and there is nothing we can’t do together. I love you, baby.”

 

The redhead nods with a warm smile, eyes disappearing into crescent shapes. “That’s the spirit, Hyunnie. Okay, now let’s talk about Halloween.”


 

Meanwhile, at the Park’s house, across town. One vampire was trying to write lyrics for a new song, music sheet paper beside her, and guitar laying on her lap. Everything was going well too, at least until Yerim heard the most pathetic groan coming from the couch.

 

“The hell…” The pink-haired vampire blinks. “What the hell was that?”

 

She didn’t hear anything again for a good few moments, and so Yerim went back to trying to write her song lyrics. Until, she heard it again, only this time more pathetically. Yerim gets up, guitar slung over her shoulder, and walks over to the couch in their living room to see Sooyoung. The poor thing is….well she is a mess if the vampire was being honest. Her witch laid there looking as pathetic as can be, while holding onto a halloween haunted house kit, the kind that humans get and put together.


“Um…” Yerim begins. “Are you alright, Soo?”

 

“Do I look alright to you, Yerimie?” 

 

“No, not really. You kind of look like hell, no offense. Unless that was the look you were going for or something.”

 

That makes the dark-haired woman groan even more. How can Yerim even joke around at a time like this, when it’s their beloved Halloween that’s in the hands of those two monster friends of theirs. There is no telling in what way Seulgi and Joohyun can ruin their holiday. However, this was the discussion since last year. The two couples would switch holidays and see which of them were superior. 

 

“You know sometimes I just wonder why the hell I married you.” Sooyoung glares only to sigh and grab her shorter partner into her arms, in what could only be described as such a loving hug.

 

“Uh-huh, listen are you alright, Soo? Did you miss the big sale on cauldrons or something back in the monster realm.”

 

Sooyoung pulls away so fast with big brown eyes wide in shock. “There was a big sale on cauldrons! And you are just informing me about this!”

 

Yerim laughs nervously and smiles in that sweet and charming way that normally makes Sooyoung weak for her. “No, no, there wasn’t any big sale on cauldrons, really.”

 

Only there was, but it was much too late for anything like that now. Yerim simply rubs her witch’ back and that does seem to settle Sooyoung down.

 

“Come on, just calm down, witch. What’s got you in such a sour mood?”

 

“Only the fact that those two could ruin Halloween for us forever. Halloween is our thing, baby. Just thinking about what terrible and disgusting things Hyun and Seul could do to our precious Halloween, hurts my soul.”

 

Yerim does understand, she does. Halloween has always been their thing as far as the event planning. Seulgi and Joohyun always did Christmas, and it had worked out well for many years. The vampire doesn’t even understand whose idea it was to disturb the natural order of things. Yet, she knows how actually competitive her wife is. Maybe not on the insane level that Joohyun is. But Sooyoung is quite competitive in her own right. This whole ‘let’s switch our holidays thing, could end messily, quite messily’. Still, it was much too late to turn back now with Halloween so close.

 

“Well, I am sorry for your soul, Soo. But it’s a bit too late to call this thing off, and what do I care as long as there’s candy. Precious and delicious candy…” The shorter woman looks all out of it as she thinks about candy. Sooyoung sighs before lovingly tapping her face with a bit of an electric shock.

 

“Hey, ow…”

 

“Wake up, sweetie. Now is not the time for you to go into a pre-candy coma. This is serious business.” Sooyoung sighs again, this time more dramatically. “What about my lovely halloween statues. They will collect dust and waste away in the attic.”

 

“Attic…” Yerim blinks and is so sure they don’t have an attic here in their house in the human realm. “Listen, Soo.” She gets back on track and holds the taller woman’s face in her hands. “Calm down, babe. What are they going to do, turn Halloween into some crazy monster .”

 

And the way her wife gasped and touched her chest like her heart was in pain before running to her phone, was something Yerim would not forget.

 

“What, what did I say?”
 

Sooyoung hits the contact button so fast on the first name she sees. Not even sure if it was Seulgi or Joohyun, not that it mattered or anything. This was a damn emergency, those two better not even think of ruining Halloween like that. She waited for what felt like an eternity for someone to answer the phone.

 

“Hello, this is Kang Joohyun. What may I do for you on this lovely and surprisingly warm October night.”

 

“Alright, cut it out with that weird wholesome , Joohyun. I want to make sure you and Seulgi aren’t planning some wild insane halloween on my beloved Holiday.”

 

“What!” Joohyun nearly drops her phone. She is so stunned. “Have you been inhaling your potions again, why the hell would Seul and I do a thing like that.”

 

“I put nothing past you two monsters, nothing at all!”

 

“Well, then you need to get away from the cauldron because there’s nothing like that going on. But…” Joohyun seems to be thinking. “I could certainly use a pre-Halloween athon. Hey, babe, do you still have the ropes.”

 

“What, the ropes…” Sooyoung shudders to think about what the hell those two need ropes for.

 

“Yes, Hyunnie, why?”

 

“Good, let’s use them now. Bye, Sooyoung, don’t call me with such weird things anymore.”

 

“Don’t call you with weird things! When you’re over here talking about athons and ropes, are you insane, Joohyun? And one more thing…” Sooyoung gets cut off by the sound of the dial tone. Sooyoung screams in such an infuriated way that Yerim walks over to her to see what the problem is now.

 

“What the hell is wrong with you now!”

 

“Nothing, I just will cast a huge and everlasting spell on those two if they ruin our Halloween, and…” Sooyoung looks to see her wife drinking another one of those blood smoothies, which means she must have smuggled them over from the monster realm.

 

“Honey, I do really think you’re addicted to those things.”

 

“Addicted, I’m not addicted. I can quit anytime, anytime!” Yerim says this while she drains the bottle in no time.

 

“They are unhealthy and full of sugar, I don’t even think there’s a legit blood content in them, babe.”

 

“They are too unhealthy and full of sugar.” Yerim nods proudly, then pauses. “Oh, , wait that’s not what I meant. Ignore that, you didn’t hear anything. Now come on, you. Let’s get you out of the house for a while, you need a break from this Halloween obsession. Let Seulgi and Joohyun handle it, they’re not so bad, maybe.”

 

None of that was reassuring at all. Yet, she did agree that she needed a break and going out seemed kind of nice. Sooyoung just hoped like hell Joohyun and Seulgi would not ruin Halloween. Because god help them if they did.


 

At the Kang’s house, there was a table full of blueprints, maps, toy figurines that were meant to represent Joohyun, Seulgi, Yerim, and Sooyoung. Joohyun moved the purple figurine on the board.

 

“Okay, so I think we should do some sort of halloween outdoor thing. Something like a maze, that would be fun?” And you, “she grabs the orange figurine and places it next to hers. “You and I can abandon them.” Finally Joohyun grabs the red and pink figurines that are meant to be Sooyoung and Yerim.

 

“We abandon them in the maze and go make out!”

 

“Hyun!” Seulgi shakes her head. “No, no abandoning. Though I do agree an outdoors themed halloween event would be fun. We could have haunted hayride, haunted house, your maze idea.”

 

“With making out?”

 

Seulgi sighs and holds her wife’s hands. “Honey, this is about fun and impressing Sooyoung and Yerim.”

 

The succubus blinks a few times. “So that’s a no on making out?”

 

“Well maybe not a no...but we should at least seriously plan. I have an idea where we can set everything up. We’re probably going to need at least a ton of candy.”

 

“For Yerim?”

 

“Yerim?” The hybrid asks. She was thinking of keeping the majority of the candy for herself, but why not give some to Yerim too. “Oh, Yerim! Yeah, sure, Hyun. Candy for Yerim.”

 

Joohyun smiles knowingly. Then takes a hold of her wife’s lips with a soft kiss. “You’re cute, we’ll make sure you get as much candy as you want. Now, let’s finalize these plans. I think this will be the best Halloween yet.”

 

“I do too, Hyunnie.”

 

That was the plan anyway. The couple made their lists of everything they wanted to do and split it between them. Seulgi was in charge of securing their location, overseeing the overall design of their outdoor halloween experience, and getting all the candy as well as food, naturally. Joohyun on the other hand was taking a more creative approach, like getting all the scary things to place into their haunted house, and maze. This was supposed to be simple, only someone kept calling them every hour on the hour it seemed.

 

“Sooyoung again?” Joohyun asks her wife, who looks at her phone.

 

“Yes, who else. She’s been calling every hour.”

 

“Give me the phone, baby. I’ll get rid of her.”

 

“Um…” While Seulgi is reluctant to hand her wife the phone. She knows there is no one better to put a stop to Sooyoung’s calling, well, except for maybe Yerim. Joohyun takes the phone and answers it.

 

“What do you want, witch?”
 

“Hey, now is that anyway to talk to your dearest friend.”

 

“Well, if you stop calling Seul and I every five seconds…”

 

“It’s not been every five seconds. I just want to know what you’re doing, what you’re up to, what did you have for breakfast! So I can piece together my evidence.”

 

Seulgi eyes her wife curiously who mouths the word ‘lawyer’ and that was enough. No more needed to be said about that. Sooyoung was clearly not leaving her work at work and in lawyer mode.

 

“What I’m up to is none of your business, don’t you have anything better to do than call us?”

 

“You know that I don’t. I’m here in the human world and there's no work to do. I just wanted to make sure you and Seulgi aren’t ruining Halloween.”

 

“Calm down, Sooyoung. Now, I hope you don’t bring this sort of negative energy tomorrow night when we meet. You and Yerim are to meet Seul and I at her movie studio, remember?”
 

“Yes, but….”

 

“Alright, good, have a good night. I’m about to have lots of wild and crazy with my wife.”

 

“Hey, now look here!” Sooyoung is again met with the dial tone and she sighs heavily. This is why she needs to be in the monster realm. At least there would be clients to represent as the law never sleeps. The witch sighs and does what only she can do at this time, which is to bug the hell out of her vampire.

 

“Yerimie!” She screams for her wife.

 

There is no answer.

 

“Yerim!”

 

No answer again.

 

“You’re not drinking more of those blood smoothies, are you?”

 

Sooyoung walks toward her vampire’s home studio as she must be there. Nine times out of ten, Yerim is there. She loves that about her wife though, how passionate she is about her music. 

 

“Babe?”

 

She expected Yerim to be working on music or writing lyrics. She didn’t expect to see her other half fast asleep next to what was a prince’s uniform, similar to one in disney films. Because Sooyoung insisted on being a disney princess and wanted Yerim to play the role of her ‘prince’

 

“Aw…” The witch feels touched by this gesture. Since, Yerim swore up and down she would not be any prince, and here she is with a costume anyway. “You do love me, don't you, baby.”

 

Sooyoung being Sooyoung can’t resist grabbing her into a tight hug. The hug that catches Yerim off-guard and wakes her up right away.

 

“Help, the mermaid’s got me!”

 

“Yerim…” Sooyoung frowns. “Wake up, this is real life.”

 

“W-What, oh Soo, it’s just you. I was not dreaming about fighting mermaids, just saying.”

 

“Right, sure, baby. I just wanted to thank you.”

 

“Thank me for…”

 

“The costume, you’re going to be my prince tomorrow, right?”

 

“Oh…” The entertainment CEO pauses, realizing that Sooyoung had seen her costume early. She had hoped to surprise her tomorrow because she knew how much Sooyoung wanted this couple costume theme. “Um, is it too late for you to pretend you didn’t see it?”

 

“No, but you’re the sweetest vampy ever, you know.”
 

“I am not.”

 

“Aw, yes you are.” The taller woman grabs her face and places the softest kisses to her vampire’s pale cheeks. “I love you, Yerimie.”

 

“I love you too, Soo.”

 

Yerim knew she needed to distract her wife as best as she could. With them meeting their friend’s tomorrow for halloween festivities, not planned by the two of them. There was no telling how her witch would really react. All Yerim knew that it would possibly be bad if their friends somehow ruined Halloween.

 

“Hey, Soo? How about we decorate the house together, huh?”

 

“Y-You mean…” Sooyoung looks all hopeful and it’s kind of adorable, really. 

 

“Yeah, there’s no reason we can’t have a proper spooky halloween house. Now, let’s go get your figurines out of the attic we don’t have, and decorate our house in only the way we can.”

 

And just when Sooyoung thought she couldn’t possibly love her vampire more. She finds she can certainly love Yerim even more. She stands up first and takes a hold of her hand.

 

“Come on, let’s go get the cobwebs and new spider decorations I wanted to add.”

 

Somehow, Sooyoung decided she would let it go as far as Joohyun and Seulgi were concerned. They loved Halloween too, didn’t they? They wouldn’t ruin it, right?


 

That was the plan anyway, not to ruin it. As Seulgi and Joohyun took one last look at everything. The whole outside area that Seulgi ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter