Chapter 1

Two different worlds

‘Find that letter, that way you’ll be able to keep your job as a Rain Fairy’ those words echoed in Olivia’s mind.   

Olivia is now in Kim Seok Jin’s house. Making him her boyfriend was a plan that she’s starting to regret as she finds herself really falling for him. Kim Seok Jin’s father, Kim Seok Sook had once been the president of the Rain Fairies and she had to search for the letter written by Kim Seok Sook. It was rumored that the letter had all the secrets to the crimes that had happened between the Rain Fairies in the past and retrieving it is the only way to bring back justice to the Rain Fairies who were inflicted by the crimes that had happened.

Olivia tiptoed around the house, trying to enter Kim Seok Sook’s room. Kim Seok Sook had passed away five years ago but his wife had not changed even one bit of thing in his room, that was what Jin had told her. Olivia now already in the room is opening every drawer as fast as she could. She had put sleeping pills in the orange juice of both Seok Jin and his mother. They would be asleep for some time now and this is her only chance to find the letter. Olivia found nothing in the drawers nor on the table and she moved to the wardrobe. As she was searching for any signs of envelope, she heard footsteps nearing the room. She had managed to close the wardrobe when Jin opened the door. Beads of sweat had already starting to form on her forehead. ‘What are you doing here?’ Jin asked.

‘I just wanted to look around. This room looks pretty’ she replied trying to look as calm as possible. Jin smiled and dragged her to the living room. ‘Let’s watch a movie together. I’m sorry I fell asleep. I was not even tired; I don’t know why I fell asleep’ Jin told her as they sat on the sofa.

‘Why did the sleeping pills not work. Is it because the sleeping pills are from my world and not his’ Olivia wondered.

They were both now sat on the sofa facing the television. Jin encircled his arm around her shoulder and passed her popcorns.

 When the movie was over, she got up and started cleaning. ‘The movie was really great, I like it!’ she said.

‘I’m not going to watch any princess movie anymore after this’ Jin said.

At this she laughed. Jin stood up and cleaned up with her. This is the trait she likes best in him. She had never known any man who cleans up, does the dishes and cooks. She started to feel guilt consuming her. She will soon have to leave this man and he will know that she has betrayed him. Being a rain fairy had always been her dream job and now that she’s already one, she doesn’t want to lose it. She had worked so hard to get the job she loves and now that she’s on the verge of losing the job she cherished a lot, she’s starting to feel scared.

Once she finds the letter, she’ll has to go back to her own world, far away from Jin. This fact broke her heart. She had already spent nearly 10 months with him and living without him after this would be hard. After finished with cleaning up, she looked at the clock and it was already 9pm. She decided to leave and come back tomorrow to continue her search again. The ministers of rain fairies had given her a maximum of 12 months to find it. She grabbed her coat and was already by the door ready to leave when Jin suddenly stopped her.

‘Is this what you’ve been looking for’ Jin took out an envelope from his pocket.

Her eyes widened at the sight of the envelope and she froze. ‘How did he know’ she thought to herself.

‘I know you’re here for this. My late father had told me that soon, someone will come and search for this’. ‘I hid this simply so that I could spend more time with you’ Jin confessed.

‘U knew all along that I lied about myself?’ she asked.

Jin nodded. ‘I knew that you lied about your personal life but one thing I know for sure is that your love was not a lie’

Tears glistened in her eyes. ‘I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, I have to leave’ she took the letter and hugged him. ‘I promise I’ll find a way to come back here’ she said and started to turn to leave when Jin pulled her hand and drew her closer. ‘You’ll always have my support whatever you do and wherever you are. And, I’ll wait for you’ Jin smiled and kissed her forehead.