Tension

Trust me to trust you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Should we try the new club that opened a few blocks away?” Minnie asked, fiddling with Miyeon’s hair whose head was on her lap. “I heard CUBE was an exclusive partner and co-owner, so we’re safe in case any of us, you know, get a little too wild.” 

Most of the members agreed almost immediately, Soojin unable to disagree with an overly excited Shuhua who almost forced her to say yes. Not that she doesn’t want to, but she was too lazy to go partying when they just got their first-ever rest day after months of unending promotions. Miyeon’s response was already expected since it was her girlfriend’s idea, so she would support it no matter what, and she missed the outside life, too.

Soyeon on the other hand was hesitant, trying to be rational and logical since she was their leader, but eventually agreed when she saw the pleading eyes of the crackhead trio, rolling her eyes to express her dissent but pulled out a smile after. She knew the girls could handle themselves in terms of alcohol and its repercussions, knowing one or the other would be silently watching their partner’s behavior. She had her mind worrying about her own partner, however.

Yuqi kept silent, slouching at the far end side of the couch across Soyeon. The girl had been explicitly avoiding her, keeping her distance and blatantly ignoring Soyeon whenever she would ask the younger girl what was wrong. Yuqi would normally respond with a glare, much to Soyeon’s confusion, in all honesty, before Yuqi would dismiss her immediately. 

“Yuqi ya, you coming?” 

It was Shuhua who noticed that Yuqi hadn’t confirmed nor expressed excitement with their plan yet, and as much as the others would love to shut the all-too-straightforward maknae, they waited for Yuqi’s response instead. 

“You’re unusually quiet,” Shuhua added, which earned a slap from Soojin and uneasy eyes from Minnie and Miyeon.  

They’re all aware of the heavy tension between Yuqi and Soyeon. They had been screaming their lungs out for the past few weeks, after all, and neither of the members was brave enough to confront a raging war between the lovers. Well, Shuhua once did, out of curiosity but mostly with pure intentions and concern, only to receive harsh backslash and further intensifying the argument of the two. 

 

 

“Look! You’re being unfair to Shuhua now!” Soyeon yelled, realizing that they might’ve hurt the youngest with harsh words when she was trying was to stop them.

“Me? Really, me? You’re the one who told her to shut up!” Yuqi fired back.

Shuhua shrunk on her seat as the two fought continuously, feeling a little guilty that they ended up arguing more because of her. If it hadn’t for Soojin finally snapping and interrupting them because she saw the guilt and uncomfortableness in her girlfriend’s eyes, the two would never even thought of stopping. Fortunately, they did and angrily went to their respective rooms, slamming the door shut at the same time.

“Wow, they’re still in sync even if they’re not on good terms,” Shuhua joked, trying to hug Soojin to show her utmost love and appreciation for what she did, but was quickly ignored by Soojin who instantly went back to the kitchen

 

It started with small banters, Soyeon being a tease to Yuqi and the latter barking back and sulking after. It didn’t mean anything at first, as it was a usual sight already between the two. It was their trademark dynamic. But the small banter turned to insults, then to silly arguments, to Yuqi shouting and Soyeon just dismissing her and laughing at her cuteness, and to now, in which there would not be a day where the two would yell at each other for unknown reasons. The members clearly had enough of it and they stopped listening to whatever they were arguing about since they all knew only the both of them could fix it, too.

“Yeah, I’m coming, of course. Why wouldn’t I be?” Yuqi responded casually albeit a little irritated. 

Shuhua shrugged, and before she could open to speak, Minnie quickly interjected.

“Great! Miyeon’s driving. See you all at the parking lot at exactly 7 PM! No buts and late excuses, please. Try to keep your hands until we get there.” She quipped, smiling sheepishly before quickly dragging Miyeon to their room—which is Minnie’s room but who cares. 

Shuhua and Soojin were forced to go back to their own apartment considering that they don’t have any clothes at the current place, and seeing that Soyeon and Yuqi had stomped their way to their respective rooms. 

“I’m sensing a break-up.” Shuhua blurted out casually.

“Have a little faith, will you?” Soojin scolded softly, but she too had her own share of doubts about the two. The argument had stretched for far too long for what she could remember, and neither showed any hints of reconciliation. Even her fight with Shuhua—which happens more often than she wished for, mostly Shuhua’s annoying but equally adorable jealousy—only lasts for about three days or less. She wondered how they could even withstand their seemingly endless disputes if they truly do love each other. Or do they?

“I wish they still have that, too.” Was all Shuhua could reply, to which Soojin just only hummed in agreement.

Surprisingly, all of them met up at exactly 7 PM, shocking even Miyeon with Shuhua and Soojin’s promptness. But then again they wouldn’t want to add any more gasoline to the fire that started between their leader and her lover. Not when they’re supposed to have fun at the club and try to forget, for once, their idol lives and be who they really are without the cameras. Still, they all kept in mind to be careful not to be too intimate. Not everyone was as liberal nor as understanding nor accepting of same- relationships yet. It wasn’t a secret among the idols, but it wasn’t a comfortable topic either. It’s still, unfortunately, considered taboo. 

The ride to the club wasn’t at all unpleasant, but it wasn’t relaxed either. The growing tension and awkwardness from a quiet Yuqi and pretentious Soyeon didn’t sit well to create a cozy atmosphere to start long, and pleasant conversations. Yuqi was usually the one who initialize talks and offer random topics, and Shuhua would join with the loudness. But right now, as much as they appreciate Shuhua’s a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter