Fix Me Up Final

Fix Me Up
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hyukjae grumbled as he tried to start his car once again, as he is now stranded on some road to the countryside - ahem - Mokpo for an important client meeting, but unfortunately for this big time hotshot, his beautiful Lambou broke down and he is now stranded.

"Aish, come on, baby. Not here. Anywhere but here." The man clad in a white ensemble moaned as he eyed the very road where he and his past lover fought 4 years ago. And even if it was a long time ago, the pain was still there because he never moved on from that man. He sighed desperatelybefore taking out his phone to call his secretary. On the second ring, his diligent secretary named

Jeno answered the phone,

"Mr. Lee? What can I assist you with?"

"Can you please get me a mechanic near me? My car broke down and I'm late for my meeting."

Hyukjae huffed, his patience running thin because of his surroundings.

"Alright, Mr. Lee. I'll go call one of Seoul's best mechanic for you. Can you send me your exact location so I can send it to him?" Jeno asked the CEO, the CEO only grunted in response,

"Sure. Kindly call the investors regarding my situation, I'll show up once my car gets fixed."

"Copy that, Mr. Lee. Stay put and please be careful. I'll try to contact the mechanic asap so he can get to you before sun down."

Hyukjae only hummed before ending the call. He studied his surroundings again, he got out of his car as he leaned against its hood, taking in the countryside road. It was almost 3 in the afternoon, so it was not surprising that the road was empty, they were still probably busy at their own works. His plump lips pressed together as he saw a familiar tree just a few meters away from him. Tears began to resurface as the memory he stored away began to replay inside his head.

(Flashback)

"They're sending me away to America." Hyukjae said softly to his lover, wringing his hands together
as he felt those doe eyes stare back at him intently.

"And you're gonna go?" The man pressed,

Hyukjae's eyes were watering, he didn't want to. But he has to. If he won't, he'll be disowned. And he didn't want that. But he loved—

"You do know that this is their way of pulling us away from eachother right?" Donghae cut his thoughts off, he leaned against his pick up, his black hair tied at the back. His face showed many unnamed emotions.

"Yes. But... I have to, Hae. But please I love you, let's make this work please." Hyukjae pleaded, his eyes now bawling out tears,

"You really can't fight for me, Hyukjae?"

Stab.

H....hyukjae? Yes it was his name but why did it sound so wrong?

Ah, because he was used to — Hyukkie baby.

"H-hae..."

"Don't you love me, Hyukjae? Is it because I'm just a mechanic? Is that why your parents oppose to our relationship so much?" His voice laced with immense hurt as he tried to stop himself fromsobbing as the other man in front of him kept bawling his eyes out. Donghae's fists clench, preventing himself from taking the needed steps so he could just pull Hyukjae into his arms and hug him, and tell him everything will be okay.

He can't do that.

He's hurt.

And insecure.

Because the person he loves can't fight for them.

"We should just break up like they want to."

That broke Hyukjae to pieces. He stopped sobbing and looked up to Donghae. His face was stoic, but the tears escaping his eyes said different.

"D-donghae-ah..." Hyukjae called out in a croak. Donghae sighed before pushing himself off the hood, he walked to Hyukjae and extended his hand out to brush away those tears.

"Be happy, Hyukjae. I love you. I hope one day you'll finally love me enough to fight for me."
Were the last words he heard before Donghae climbed up his pick up and drove off to Seoul. Hyukjae

just stared at the spot where Donghae was in.

His world crumbled.

This wouldn't do.

He got into his Audi and sped off to Dalnim Game Co. where he knew his father was. His heart was beating hard against his chest, as hands trembled against the steering wheel.

I won't loose you, Lee Donghae.

He parked at the empty basement lot and made his way to the CEO's office. He was angry at himself for letting his father get to him. He was regretful because he thought anything could replace Donghae, but he was wrong. He knew that the moment Donghae drove away.

He needed Donghae.

Much much more than he knew.

He didn't bother knocking, he went straight to his father's desk as he slammed his palms against the expensive oak desk,

"I'm not going to America." Hyukjae's voice echoed throughout the grand office.

The man behind the desk rose a brow at his son before smirking,

"Took you long enough, son."

Hyukjae was baffled, his body tensed at his father's words.

"W-wha-"

"When you told me that you love that man, I just wanted to know how much you love him. So, I was surprised when you agreed to go to America — so I thought, hey maybe my son is just going through a phase. But seeing you now, I know it's not just a phase."

"I love him. So much." Hyukjae sniffled.

"Go get your man."

And Hyukjae did but when he got to Donghae's garage, his heart broke into millions once again, because Donghae was there— in the arms of another man.

And Hyukjae never knew that it was Donghae's married bestfriend— Kim Ryeowook.

(END OF FLACKBACK)

Hyukjae in the present looked at nowhere in particular. The dull ache of the memory echoed
thoughout his body.

Who was that man?

Was Donghae taken now?

Is he happy now?

Were the questions that has bugged him since that day. His heart clenched more as he thought of their happy days.

"What's taking the mechanic so long?" Hyukjae grunted, as if on cue— he heard another car pull up,

he craned his neck to the side to see a shiny black Ford Raptor, he got out of the car to greet the mechanic but his eyes caught an all to familiar logo.

His eyes widened,

Oh no.

The man got out of the car and jogged over to him. But he halted once their eyes connected.

Hyukjae's heart thumped louder as he took in those familiar doe brown eyes. He was now blonde.

But his face... His face was still so ing beautiful.

Hyukjae inhaled through his nose before posting on a soft smile,

"Long time no see, Donghae-ssi

--------------
Donghae grunted as he wheeled himself out underneath the mustang he was currently fixing, his phone blaring out indicating a call. He picked it up and saw that the caller ID was none other than his cousin Jeno.

"Yo, what's up Jeno?" He answered as he put down his tools, taking a short break from the repairs.

"Are you busy, hyung?" Came the reply, short but he knew something was wrong,

"Why? What's wrong?"

"My boss' car broke down on his way to Mokpo. He really doesn't trust any other mechanics since his Lambou is exclusively handled by SoKor Lambourghini Inc. but they don't offer out of the building services and you're practically the best mechanic in Seoul and yeah, I thought you could help me."

His cousin blabbered on. Boss? Where did his cousin work again?

"Can you please do it, hyung? I'll treat you some beers when I get off." His younger cousin said jokingly. Donghae just chuckled,

"Are you insulting me right now, Jeno?"

The other man on the line laughed,

"Sorry, Hyung. I forgot that you have ty alcohol tolerance. How 'bout 3 servings of Teokgalbi from Achassa neh?" Jeno teased, knowing that Teokgalbi was one of his hyung's favorite.

"Arasso, I'll take you up on that offer." Donghae said as he began packing his stuff needed for Jeno's Boss' car.

"You're weird, Hyung. I should set you up with my boss! He loves Teokgalbi also and surprisingly he loves Teokgalbi from Achassa too, but everytime he eats it, he'll end up crying."

Donghae raised a brow at his cousin's statement.

"Well, your boss sounds weirder." Donghae retorted, the younger whined through the phone,

"Come on, hyung! Your last relationship was 4 years ago with a secret person! You won't even tell us who he was. You were messed up when you two broke it off!" Jeno childishly wailed into the phone.

Donghae sighed, not wanting to remember that memory 4 years ago.

Was he back in Korea?

How was he?

Is he married?

He's probably happy now.

After breaking up with Hyukjae, Donghae threw away his phone and laptop not wanting to see any news about his ex lover. He stopped using his phone and just continued flourishing his mechanic business. Until such a time that he really needed a phone for business purposes, and that's what happened, he only uses it for calls & appointments — other than that; nothing else. He had no news
whatsoever regarding Hyukjae, so it was better that way.

"Just send me the location, Jeno." Donghae grunted, his cousin gave him his thanks before ending the call.

His phone beeped as the location was sent to him. His thin lips pressed into a thin line as he saw the location. His free hand clenched into fists,

When will the world finish it's torture huh?

Donghae sighed as he took his toolbox and some ropes and winch just in case he needs to tow the lambourghini. He placed them all at his back seat and began his journey to the road where he left his heart.

The journey was short as he saw that luxurious neon green lambou parked on the side of the road,

he rolled his eyes, Jeno's boss was probably another stuck up CEO. He pulled over to the other side of the road as he saw the man was about to exit the car.

Donghae did the same, he jogged over to the Lambourghini, but his breathe hitched when his eyes landed at all too familiar single lidded eyes, his black hair longer, but he was still ing beautiful. He donned an all white suit and dress shirt. It contrasted well with the neon car behind him.

"Long time no see, Donghae-ssi."

His heart thumped loud and clear as he heard that voice again, his ears ringing with all his laughter, his words, his moans back in the years. It was still the same.

"Hyukjae-ssi." Donghae rasped out. His eyes still focused on the man in front of him. Hyukjae felt his blood rush up to his cheeks, he felt consious as Donghae studied him with those intense brown eyes.

Hyukjae cleared his throat,

"You know my secretary?" He asked as Donghae snapped out his dazed state and went his way to the hood of the car,

"Yes, I didn't know he was working for you. When did you get back anyway?" Donghae asked formally, wanting to know what ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter