sojung might be a little dumb

There's A Ghost in My House

1

 

“Yerin! I’m telling you, you’re worrying too much!”

 

“There has to be something attached unnie! No one would sell a house this nice for this cheap, unless something was seriously wrong.”

 

“Or maybe I’m super observant and found the best deal of my life before anyone else could take it?”

 

“This house has been on the market for over a year Sojung….”

 

Sowon was silent at that. Truth be told, she didn’t even know the house was on the market for that long since she bought it after scrolling through houses for a grand total of fifteen minutes. All she saw was how beautiful the house looked with those pictures they put on the website and how cheap the price was. Maybe she should have gone to the house before deciding to move in, but there was no way in hell she was going to admit this to Yerin.

 

“Unnie? Are you still th -“

 

“Of course I know that! But trust me, I’ve done my research. There is nothing wrong with this house. Anyways I’m at the front door now with all my and it’s cold as hell so-I-gotta-go-bye.”

 

“Wait, un-“ 

 

Sowon shut her phone off as a sense of unease spread throughout her body. She really should have thought this through before deciding to move in but there’s nothing she can do now. What other choice did she have? She had to get away and no one could take her in while she looked for a new place to live. Well, Yewon would but there was no way in hell she was going to her pride in and beg her little sister for a place to stay. And there’s no way she’d move in with Yerin. Just the thought of blasting music every night so she won’t hear the bed frame bang from Yerin and Sinb’s room sent shivers down Sowon’s spine.

 

Quickly shaking her head, she glanced down at the piles of boxes and suitcases sprawled around her before setting a determined gaze at the mansion in front of her. There is no turning back now. This McMansion of a home is hers now, and she will deal with whatever comes. Maybe there isn’t even anything wrong with the house and she’s overreacting over nothing. Whatever, there is nothing to worry about. Finally releasing a breath, Sowon unlocks the giant double doors and steps in. 

 

See? This house is totally normal. Nothing is wrong. This is fine. This is good. I have absolutely nothing to worry about.

 

After looking around the grand entrance for a few seconds, she took a slow step, then another, and then another until she was confidently strolling around the living room, marveling at how soft the carpet was. The tension in her body slid away as she ran her hands through the soft sofa and wooden table. Soon she was fully relaxed, sprawled on the sofa at the cusp of falling asleep. And just as her consciousness started slipping away, she heard the totally normal sound of the front doors slamming shut and lock clicking shut.

 

Just like that, Sowon jumped up with a shriek before blacking out.