l.o.v.e me

into your arms
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SWF as a full-time garage band would only ever get gig bookings at their small town's bars.

Well, singular, bar.

Just not this time around. After spending her first semester of college in the city, SWF's drummer, Jung Wheein, was able to convince one of her city friends to let them play. Moonbyul, their lead vocalist and bassist, agreed with nothing else to do, days passing by numbly. Hyejin, their lead guitarist, would always just shrug and mutter a 'sure', never showing up at rehearsal and drop by Moonbyul's place three hours before they traveled away.

Behind Moonbyul, Wheein grunted, palm resting on her shoulder and turned her neck to the side with a cracking sound. "My arms are sooo tired and Hyejin never even comes around."

With a sigh, Moonbyul shook her head. "She has to. The city is about five hours away." Wheein clicked her tongue and let her drumsticks fall to the ground in defeat.

As though on cue, the door to Moonbyul's garage lifted up to show a short tan woman with black wavy hair. Hyejin.

"Miss me?" She wore a proud smile on her face, as opposed to Wheein's scrunched up face painted with frustration.

Moonbyul laughed, only knowing what always came next after this bout.

"Of course I do, you idiot! You're a part of this band, please act like it, babe." Wheein's bottom lip peeked out in a pout as Hyejin rushed to wrap her in a hug.

"I'm all for this cute couple and everything, but can we go now? We might run late." Moonbyul cut in, putting herself in between the two of them. She was met with an eyeroll from Hyejin and a huff from Wheein. Just as she was expecting. The bassist's eyes dart to their instruments, gesturing for the two of them to do something.

Defiantly, Wheein and Hyejin packed their equipment and loaded them into the back of Wheein's older brother's van, one that was mostly always lent to them anyway, so much that its interior smelled strongly of a mixture of Hyejin's Bath & Body Works perfume, the ashes of Moonbyul's cigarettes piled up on the dashboard, and Wheein attempting to mask all of it up with a dainty little air freshener tree.

Which, almost never worked because the windows were always down anyway for the three of them to sing their lungs out to their setlist.

Moonbyul and Wheein regularly exchanged shifts in driving for the next five hours, in fear that if one of them drove too much they wouldn't be able to play for the gig. While as usual, Hyejin tried to refresh her memory of the chord progression and the lyrics for their songs at the backseat.

Upon arriving at the venue, Hyejin gasped at the amount of people that flocked the bar even though it was a Thursday night. Surely, these college students had to attend their classes by next morning.

Moonbyul scrunched up her nose at the sight of multiple groups of students downing alcoholic drinks by shots. She used to be just like one of them, and found herself smiling at the memory.

Before they set their instruments and equipment on stage, Moonbyul had her hair

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter