The Nice Demon & the Mean Angel

Heelip Drafts (Unifinished, unedited Heelip)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NOTES:

 

Demons are referred to as Others, Angels as Divines. This is a really ill drabble--

Heaven is just the lawmakers here, not particularly great. There was more depth in this story, but I couldn't get through it in time.

Enjoy what you can, thanks,

-frappin

 

 

 

 

 

 

    Heejin thinks she’s a good angel, genuinely. Her ethereal beauty so finely crafted due to her heavenly origins make it easy for the mortals to be swayed. Her deeper voice is assuring to the mortals that their decisions are sound and for good.

    She’s a good angel.

    She’s moved through the ranks, taking on more challenging assignments, and eventually transferring to a whole new Heavenly department, De-Corruption and Rebuilding of Morals or the DRM. 

    It’s only her second assignment in the department, somewhere in early 1920’s   New York when she finally sees an Other. A demon. It’s been a while since she’s been in such vile presence. 

    The functions between the Others and the Angels were always stark in Heejin’s mind. The demons were different, malicious, evil, unthoughtful creatures that should hold no similarity with the Angels. They were the other beings that acted as their mal counterparts.

    She had always held the average young angel’s naivety. She believed what the higher ups said. The Others caused chaos and havoc and it was Heaven and Eden’s job to stop it from infecting the mortal world. 

     This Other, in New York planted a seed of doubt and the snake took a bite. 

     She was tempting with a hardened, carved face with deep structure that read sharp. Her hair was a sanded brown, flowing in illegally silky waves, almost as fine as divine spun hair. Her body was long, but well muscled from fighting for her own life against her own kind. 

    There were a few nasty scars from the fights too. Demon’s retractable claws left horrid permanent marks on someone, no matter their form. They were rugged raised flesh patterns, particularly one on her neck and below her left eye. 

    Oh gods, her eyes. 

    They were intricate pieces of art, yet a part of a cursed life form. Her eyes were so full of depth, one could see the bottom of Hell in them. The curious thing about them was one was the lightest brown of chestnuts ripened and tumbled to the ground, and the other was a bright green.

    When Heejin had first seen the Other she nearly forgot what she was to do. She felt the pull of Hell and the Other like a chain tugging at her. Hell’s charm was a real thing.  It was bloody temptation and she could not stand it. Heejin was a good angel with large plans of improving the mortal world. She would not fall to simply looking at the Other and taking action. 

    Procedure for encountering their beastly counterparts varied. If there was mortal life and or fate at risk, action would be imperative, but it was heavily advised that no other worldly methods would be used. If there was little threat, engagement was not required, let it pass. The Heavens had the world in a tight grasp, the Others were only occasional nuisances individually. They were lawless creatures. 

    Heejin narrows  her eyes at the Other, assessing the situation. There were no mortals here, it was a park late at night. No one would know an unworldly battle would occur, the lights were all out. 

    The Other itself is standing in a tailored grey plaid suit, it had patches on a shoulder and other areas. A red tie like her eye showed out between the blazer and a red handkerchief in the pocket. 

     How pretentious of her. 

     Heejin herself is dressed in a drop waist dress of itchy cotton in a dull, ugly grey. She should’ve opted for the mens clothing as well, but the Heavens sparsely gave choice of wear. They delegated that as long as the angels blended in with the times, comfort was not a matter to be concerned with. It was such an uncomfortable outfit in mortal flesh. 

    Her focus flicks back to the Other who is checking a wrist watch and muttering to herself. She looks up to see an owl.

    “Hello, old friend.” The owl lands on the Other’s sleeved arm. “How are you?”

    The owl coos to its supposed companion in some response. 

    “Ah,” the Other sighs with a twinged sadness. “I’m afraid, my friend, we’ve got a lot of work here. You have a long journey, I need you to see Jinsoul down in Georgia. Can you give this to her?”

     The demon pulls out a parcel and letter from inside her blazer. The owl takes it in its talons—

     “Stop right there!” Heejin yells and steps from the shadows and into the dull moonlight. “I have to intercept this package, you will not send it!”

    The Other gives a look of surprise that shifts to recognition of her divine counterpart. “Oh, hello there.”

    The angel is taken aback by the casual remark, she’s never gotten a demon that wasn’t aggressive. She steps forward in a defense stance. “Stop that, you’re under the Heavenly Authority. Don’t send that package.”

     “Ah, this.” The Other says with an amused look. She turns to the owl,” Labrum, go on, go to Jinsoul. Come back soon and have a good journey.” 

     “Stop that!” Heejin shouts and pulls out, draws from her veins a clean blade of light. It’s divine weaponry taking the purity within the angel and summoning a beam. It’s cool and white as it’s summoned into her hand and she readies to throw it. Her arm draws back and aims at the owl—

     But the Other comes forward quickly and pushes her back, a firm, hot grip is on her wrist. The heat almost hurts as it restrains her from throwing her light. They struggle against each other, cold weight against hot, restrictive strength as the owl flies away. 

     “Get off!” Heejin yells, squirming around the hot arms that keep her locked away. Her fists are held too close to her body for her to summon her draws of light without hurting herself. “Let me go! What was in that letter?! Tell me!”

      The Other laughs unsteadily, looking down at heavenly being trying to break free of her grip. “No can do, Angel. That’s an important letter on even more important business.”

     “I swear—I will kill you! I don’t care if you’re immortal filth!” Heejin yells in the demon’s face. In the most ungraceful way possible, she thwacks her head against the Other’s head. There’s a sharp throb in her own, but she’s clearly hurt her taller opponent by the way she back her bottom lip, presumably the blood up. Unfortunately Heejin is still trapped as the heated grip around her tightens like a vic

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter