one

you drive me crazy (to jail)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Note! I'M REALLY SORRY IF I HAVE A LOT OF MISTAKES ABOUT THE POLICE SYSTEM IN SK, feel free to let me know if there's anything I missed!

 

[“SON SEUNGWAN, I SWEAR TO THE HEAVENS ABOVE, IF I DON’T SEE YOU HERE IN THIRTY MINUTES I’M GOING TO DRAG YOU HERE AND KICK YOU OUT OF THE BUILDING MYSELF.”]

“I know, I know--- Ah, !!” A woman wearing a black-clad leather jacket and a red knitted shirt was loudly swearing at the perfectly timed flashing red light right across the street.

Perfect timing, it is.

[“YAH! SEUNGWAN-AH ARE YOU SWEARING AT ME?!”]

“N-no-no no, it’s the red light – Damn it. I-I’m going to focus now, okay? I’ll call you soon. I’ll be there in… around uhh, ten minutes. Trust me on this one, Sooyoungie. Love you!”

[“YOU BETTER BE. THIS IS A ONE-TIME OPPORTUNITY, I SWEAR YOU BETTER BE HERE-“]

Son Seungwan, a twenty-six years old stressed and frustrated adult, has abruptly dropped the panic inducing call she had just now with her soon-to-be manager to protect her remaining peace of mind. That woman just had to wait.

Just a little more, Park Sooyoung and Seungwan herself just had to wait.

“Come on….” The brunette gritted her teeth. She hated being this powerless, especially when she’s running out of time.

Especially when the dream she fought so hard to achieve for the past twenty-six years, is finally just in front of her eyes.

It was the dream of a five-year old Son Seungwan singing on top of their dining table of their house in Canada right after her father lifted her up as a mini representation of a “stage that she’ll fit herself into in a decade’s time”.

It was the dream of a fifteen-year old Son Seungwan as she blends her voice as the Lead Soprano of her school’s representative Choir Club, and claimed the championship after the heavy round of applause from audiences of all regions.

It was the dream of a twenty-five-year old Son Seungwan when she held the microphone stand of a local bar to serenade the tipsy audiences with a love song that majority can relate along with the clanging of bottles and glasses, accompanied by a gentle strum of an acoustic guitar and the soft melody of a piano accompaniment.

No. She bit her lip. She won’t let a malfunctioning alarm that morning wreck her hard work for so many years.

No.

She really can’t mess it up.

Nine… Eight…. Seven… Six…

She counted along with the traffic light.

The brunette clutched the gear stick and steering wheel like she’s on a racing competition… Well, it would be pretty much the same, except she’ll be racing with her contract signing on the line.

Five… Four… Three… Two… One…

Gear change instantly to three.

Yellow Light.

With a heavy press of the accelerator, she charged, she goes. Alexa, play ‘Tokyo Drift’, but make it in Seoul.

A black Mercedes-Benz loudly roared in the middle of the busy streets of Seoul faster than any cars surrounding her.

With her speed and a calm traffic alongside it, looks like the ten minute ETA will be a reality soon enough.

And just right when she was about to calm down, she heard a loud siren ringing around her.

She looked at the side mirror and saw a white car catching up to her speed behind her with a small hand gesturing her to stop.

Ah, perfect.

Looks like her destination has been changed to jail.

Seungwan eventually slowed down and parked to the side of the street and rolled down her car window as she felt the presence of a person approaching her from behind. She also pulled her wallet out from her pocket and placed it on her lap as if predicti

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter